Regrets

Destined

Minjun just sat there for days. Never left her side, his brain was everywhere and he doesn't even know if he made the right decision. Sun was lying there in deep slumber. No one knows when she will wake up or if she ever will. But Minjun is determined to be the first person she sees in case she does so.

"Hey, you should go rest bro. We'll look after her." Khun said as he gave Minjun's shoulder a light squeeze.

Han scooped Minjun's face to make him focus on hers. "Minjun-ah, we understand that you're worried, and that you want to be with Sun, but you haven't slept or not even ate well for days already. You're still human, you can still get sick so please...eat first with the boys they are having breakfast now then get some sleep." she said in a worried tone.

"What if..." Minjun muttered. "What if, I made a wrong decision? What if she doesn't wake up? What if she does but ends up hating me for letting this happen? I can't live without her. She's my home." Tears started to form at the sides of his eyes as he shivered from all the thoughts that was running through his head.

"Bro, you did what you think was right. And you had to make this decision because no one else can do it for her. You did this because you love her. It may sound selfish, but who would want to lose the person that you love the most?" Khun said softly with Han looking at him. She was surprised to hear Khun say these words that she immediately stood up and excused herself. She was about to shut the door close when Khun got hold of her wrist to stop her.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Khun asked, concerned

Taking a deep breath, Han turned to face him. "So does that mean you would also agree for me to become a vampire if it's the only thing that can be done to make me live?" Han asked looking straight into his eyes.

"But Han, your case is different. We will find a way. Me, your dad, we won't allow anything like that to happen." Khun answered as he pulled Han into his arms.

"Promise me Khun, if the only thing left to make me live is to become one of them, promise me that you will choose to let go of me, just...." Han choked with the words that she was about to say. "Just let me die in peace...please." as tears began to flow from her eyes.

Khun wasn't able to reply, All he wanted was to hold her in her arms for as long as he could. He knew that sooner or later the time will come that they need to decide on what to do with Han because she is growing weaker and weaker each day. But he is not losing hope. Wiping her tears away, he planted a soft kiss on her cheek and said "I promise, I..." He was cut-off seeing Minjun flying out of the door landing with a loud thud on the floor with Sun following immediately locking her hands around his throat.

"What did you do to me?!!!" She screamed as she continued to choke Minjun. Minjun is weak from not eating and sleeping and won't also dare to hurt the woman he loved so Khun immediately took over the situation and pinned Sun on the wall.

"Sun, please calm down, I don't want to hurt you. Please hear him out. Minjun loves you so much that he can't let you die." Khun told her, trying his best to stop her from hurting anyone.

"Die!!!??? So you think living like this...Like a monster....is this a life worth living?!!! Tell me!!" She screamed at Khun with hate-filled eyes.

Minjun started to stand up still trying to catch his breath. " I know that there will be no acceptable explanation for what I did. I'm sorry if I was selfish, I'm sorry if I loved you so much that I can't let you die. If you hate me this much for the decision that I made then so be it. That won't stop me from loving you Sun, even if you have stopped loving me." Minjun started to walk away, as he saw Helena and Taec coming towards his way,and they obviously saw what had happened. Taec tried to stop Minjun by holding on to his shoulder, but he immediately shrugged Taec's hand-off and continued walking away in defeat.

"I'll take it from here Khun." Helena said in a commanding tone as she locked Sun with her gaze which immediately had her hypnotized as she calmed down. "This will definitely take time. Allow us to keep her, we will look after her and once she's ready and already found in her heart to accept what she has become, then we can let her see Minjun again. Please try to comfort him and tell him not to lose hope. This can be resolved." Helena explained to everyone as she took Sun by the hand and led her back in the room.

"I'll go ask Wooyoung and Junho to watch over Minjun, I think you guys are needed by the Dr. Rice, he was quite serious when he asked me to get both of you." Taec said, leaving both Han and Khun wonder what can be worst than what had already happened.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's gonna be fine" Helena said with a reassuring tone as she walked Taec out of their villa. "This is a normal stage that she has to go through and the most difficult one as well, acceptance." she continued as they were greeted by the autumn breeze her hair flowing gracefully as the wind blows. 

Taec found this scene very captivating as he started to reach out for Helena's free-hand holding it tightly as he said "Thanks for all your help." as they continued walking with their hands intertwined.

In her mind she knows that she should let go of his hand, but her heart won't let her do it. So she decided to enjoy the moment while she still can. Taec, brought her to a nearby bench so they can talk a bit more.

"I never thought that this time will come that I'll be able to accept your kind after what happened to me and my family." Taec said as they both continued looking at the falling the leaves from the trees in front of them.

"How were you able to overcome the hatred? You almost got killed, your mom almost got killed. I also don't know how you can be this nice to me." Helena asked now looking at Taec's beautiful face as he enjoyed the scenery.

Taec looked at Helena as if seeking every corner of her soul as he said "It's because I met you. For some reason, it's like I have known you for so long and you made me feel that not everything that looks bad is truly bad. You're a living proof that looks can be very deceiving." He chuckled

"How sure are you that I am not bad? I mean we've only met a few times and you don't even know half of what I went through in the past." Helena asked slowly removing her hand from Taec's.

"Co'z I can feel it." Taec said confidently giving Helena a sweet smile."And I don't think anyone's past would really matter anymore if you can build a better future and make your present worth while right?" he asked cheerfully.

"You're right, but, what if you met the vampire who almost killed your mom?" Helena said. Taec's smile faded, his brows furrowed as he sighed deeply.

"I don't know. Maybe if I didn't see with my own eyes how that vampire almost my Mom's life out of her body, maybe I can let it slide." Taec said in a serious tone as he stood up from the bench looking at the sky. "But I did. I remember how terrifying her eyes were, that I had nightmares for so many years. I may have forgotten her face since it was dark but not her eyes. And I know when I see her again, I will really make her pay for what she did to my mom." His hands turned into balls of fist.

Helena kept silent. Hearing all the pain from Taec's words, she now knows how much hate Taec has for the person who harmed his family. What more if he learns that the vampire imprinted on him too. She then reached out for Taec's warm hand and squeezed it. "I'm sorry that I brought this up. I have no words to explain logically what has happened in the past, but as you said, I think it's better to dwell on what we have right now." She told Taec giving him a beautiful smile to ease the tension.

Upon seeing her smile, Taec's face immediately softened "That's right, so maybe we can try avoiding this topic in the future. I don't think I'll ever see that vampire anymore. Maybe she's already dead or somewhere far enough that'll make it impossible for us to cross paths." He answered returning Helena's smile. As he they started walking towards the gate of the villa and said their goodbyes.

"Bye Taec!" Helena waved as he was about to open his car door. 

"Bye Helena! I'll see you soon ok." Taec replied as he entered his car.

"Goodbye Taec.....I'm sorry but I can't see you anymore. This is for the best, and this is the price that I had to pay for what I did." Helena whispered as she watched Taec's car disappear from her sight. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, you've had enough for tonight. We'll take you home now." Wooyoung took the beer bottle from Minjun's hand who angrily yanked his hand away.

"Home?! Where's home? I already lost my home man! She's my home and now she won't even look at me. She hates me! I think she will be happier to know that I'm dead!" Minjun kept blabbering one word after another. Alcohol already took over his body.

"You have been saying this over and over for one hour now. What you're doing won't change a thing. Let's just go home hyung. This shall all come to pass." Junho started to take Minjun by the arm, while Wooyoung took him on the other side. They started walking to the parking lot with Minjun already half awake and they were like dragging him already.

"I can just carry him, if only we will not look to obvious." Junho said in an exasperated tone.

They pushed him inside the car and was about to close the door when 5 men came into view and a lady. "Missed me?" she asked Wooyoung. It was the same pretty vampire that he first encountered and he was saved by Dawn.

"I think you missed me more." Woo replied throwing a punch to her face which she quickly dodged. 

Junho took down the CCTV cameras hovering over them as they started fighting the vampires. Their fighting skills has definitely improved so much that it only took them around 5 minutes to take down 3 men. And now they are facing the girl.

"You don't have respect for a girl. You very bad boys." she hissed as she started to lunge towards Wooyoung only to be taken down by Junho. 

"We don;t have respect for killers. Like you!" Junho was about to break her neck, when he heard Wooyoung scream.

"Hyung!!!!!!!" Wooyoung almost flew over where Minjun was as the vampire started to shoot once. twice, with Wooyoung knocking the gun down from his hand. Wooyoung was so furious that he broke the vampire's hand before crushing him to death with his own fist.

It was also too late for them to stop the other vampire from shooting Minjun several times more before Junho was able to get rid of him. Seeing Minjun bleeding everywhere, there where shots on his chest, arms, and legs.

Junho drove like a madman, while Wooyoung stayed beside Minjun's almost lifeless body.

"Hyung, you can't leave us, you just can't." Wooyoung said as tears were welling out from his eyes. Junho turned for the entrance of their headquarters and carried Minjun in his arms. The team were already waiting for them with a stretcher with Khun and Dr. Rice. 

They followed the team but was asked to stay outside the operating room. Chansung and Taec came running towards them with eyes in shock upon seeing the blood on Junho and Wooyoung's clothes.

"He's gonna live right?" Junho asked in a trembling voice, as he ran his hand through his hair in desperation. No one replied. "What!? why aren't any of you answering my question?!!!" Junho shouted "Hyung is gonna live right!!" He repeated, this time, enunciating every word that he was saying.

Junho then turned to Khun and took him by his collar. "You're the most powerful among us right? You should find a way to make him live. All of these started because of you!" he said angrily with Khun just keeping his silence.

"Stop it Junho! You know this isn't Khun's fault!" Taec answered back pushing Junho away from Khun.

"Where the hell were you guys?" Wooyoung asked, still in tears. "You should've felt that we were in trouble! or you guys were just too busy with your girls that you don't care about us anymore." he continued retorting.

"What did you just say?!" Chansung asked angrily was reaching for Wooyoung's collar as well but Khun was able to yank him away from him.

"Can all of you stop Fighting please!" Khun finally blurted out. "We're all bound to die, sooner or later. The real battle is coming very soon and without Minjun, there's no way we can win this fight." he explained in a desperate tone as he slumped down on a nearby chair covering his face with his two hands. "We are all in danger now, so we should help each other Okay?" he continued , as he looked at all of his other members who all shot him an apologetic look.

They all fell silent, and after an agonizing hour, one of the doctors came out from the operating room. 

"How is he?" they all asked in unison.

"I'm sorry, but I think we might lose him. all the bullets has gone through the vital organs of his body. He is now in coma. But at this state, only a miracle can save him. If only Han is well, she might help him heal, but she is too weak." The doctor said and was about to say more.

"'l'll do it. I'll help Minjun." Han said with determination. Everyone looked at her dumb-founded as she came into view. "And no one can stop me from doing it." Han then entered the operating room.