Memories

Destined

She slowly opened her eyes, and was greeted by the glaring fluorescent light, she immediately tried to cover her yes with her right hand because she can't seem to move her left, as if something heavy is preventing her from doing so. After a few minutes she looked at what's stopping her left hand and saw Khun's angelic face sleeping soundly slumped over her left arm. She smiled and started touching Khun's forehead while whispering his name to wake him up.

"Khun, Khun wake up..." she can't help but giggle because he really looked like a baby while sleeping.

Khun started to move and sat up immediately upon seeing that Han is already awake. " OH! You're awake, I will just call the doctor." he said standing up and was about to leave when Han stopped him from doing so.

"You don't have to, it's alright, I'm OK." she laughed softly "I think you forgot that I'm a doctor." she said

Khun scratched his head and said " Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry I panicked, was really worried about you." he paused then gave her an awkward glance." Han, I know I shouldn't be asking so many questions about what happened earlier, but is someone trying to hurt you and Lisa?"  he asked

Han looked at him thoughtfully, she knew that sooner or later Khun will know what's really going on, so it would be better not keep him in the dark. " Yes, someone is threatening me and they also tried to hurt Lisa. " she admitted

"You seem to have someone in mind, why don't we call the police to report this?" he asked now looking at her seriously.

"I know this may sound weird, but just trust me on this one Khun. Please." she grabbed Khun's hands holding it tightly on her chest while looking at him straight into his eyes." We will not be reporting anything to the police. I will have people look into this and it will definitely be well taken cared of." she said with a smile "I apologize for making you worried about so many things. I was just too emotional earlier so that could've caused my breakdown. I think I was able to rest well, so I'm gonna be alright Everything is gonna be fine." she gave him two thumbs up and a big smile as she carefully tried to get out of bed.

As if hypnotized by her gaze, Khun felt convinced and gave her a weak smile as a reply, Khun quickly helped her out by supporting her arm, when someone stepped into the room and cleared his throat, " Where are do you think you're going Han?" 

"SAM! What are you doing here?" She exclaimed, absolutely surprised. " I thought you'll arrive in 2 days why so early?" she asked looking at the fine looking man that came into the room.

"Let's just say, instinct told me that something's going on and you needed help." he smiled and scooped her into a bear hug.

Khun was eyeing Sam. He has strong features, like a model that stepped right out of a fashion magazine. He was so uncomfortable seeing Han in his arms. So he started stretching his arms, making unecessary noises like he just woke up and said "Hi! I'm Nichkhun" offering his hand to Sam.

Sam released Han from his embrace and accepted Khun's handshake also looking at him carefully. Han talked to Sam in his thoughts "He doesn't know anything yet so please keep your mouth shut." So Sam just nodded in reply and smiled awkwardly at Khun.

"Sam is one of my best buddies, he is also here because we will be attending our good friend's engagement party." Han said happily

" I see, you do have a lot in your plate while you're here." still looking from Han to Sam confused as to why he seem to feel jealous that this guy is around.

"Kinda, that's why I had to ask a team to look after Lisa,because I have other commitments to fulfill. Did anything happen to her while I was out?" she asked.

Sam and Khun was about to answer at the same time, then Sam said, " Go ahead"

"No, you go ahead, I also fell asleep beside her so I was not able to get any information about Lisa." Khun replied.

"Lisa is doing better now, some of the team members from Asia already arrived, but your team members from France will arrive tonight, overall they have everything under control and said they will just contact you for any developments. So I guess you better relax and rest some more." Sam said thoughtfully as he wrapped his arms around Han's shoulders.

Han can feel Khun's uneasiness, so she slowly walked beside him and said, " I'll be fine Sam, I 'll go with Khun, I owe this guy a day trip so maybe I can just show him some of our favorite spots here and he'll bring me back to my hotel after, Right Khun?" 

Taken by surprise Khun blurted out "Of course I'll be taking you home after, I mean taking you back to your hotel" laughing at his mistake.

Han also laughed along while Sam was just looking at them as if they were out of this world. He shrugged his thoughts off, "Alright, whatever you say Han, but you have to call your dad ok? He's worried about you." he said, then turned to Khun "Make sure you take care of her." almost glaring at him.

"Do you wanna get my phone number by any chance? If that would help ease your worries." Khun said half teasingly.

"No thanks, I have my ways." Sam snapped " Anyway I'll go ahead, see you later Han and nice to meet you Khun." he gave Han a light peck on her forehead then left.

As soon as Sam was out of sight, Khun gave out a long sigh of relief, "Wow he looked so overprotective of you. Are you sure he's not your boyfriend." he asked with a chuckle.

Han laughed out loud and said, "No he's definitely not. most of my friends are like brothers and sisters to me since I'm an only child, so that's why they are like that. I'm sorry if he seem rude at any point. 

"It's fine, I am also like that to my sisters,even worst. So I perfectly understand." he replied smiling softly as he fixed his gaze on Han. " So where are we going by the way?" he asked.

Glancing at her watch, it was almost 3 pm. "I think I'll just bring you to our favorite swimming spot, I really planned on playing with water today. I hope that's fine with you? There is a very good restaurant near that spot which I know you will love." she said beaming.

"Sure, I'm at your disposal madam." Khun replied with a grin.

It took them 30 minutes to reach Han's favorite spot in the island. And Khun now understood why it was her favorite. There were less people here, the water was much clearer than the other parts of the island. There was only a small restaurant and a few overnight cottages around the area, no hotels or stores, it was very peaceful.

Like a kid Han started to run towards the seashore, removing her flip-flops and mini dress as she let it fall off from her body revealing her fully tanned skin, wearing only her 2 piece Aquamarine swim suit. Khun's eyes almost fell off, because he was not expecting for her to just comfortably be stripping off her clothes in front of him, but then again he realized that she might be used to swimming a lot in the States so this is just a common situation that he just found awkward because he has been living in a very conservative country these past few years. No matter how he avoided looking at her, he just can't help but admire how beautiful and y she looked, Her black wavy hair which blown by the wind, which compliments her curvaceous body. He is trying his best not to drool over the beautiful being in front of him but his eyes got caught by her chocolate brown ones as her lips turned into a heavenly smile.

Han was looking at Khun as he never took his eyes off her. She realized that he might have felt awkward because of her actions. He stopped a few meters away from her as if still figuring out what to do. He looked perfect with his sunglasses, red and white tank top and beach shorts, then Han thought to herself no matter how simple he's dressed he would still look awesome. Khun started to take off his top now revealing his well-scullpted chest and abs, and then began walking towards her. She cleared the big lump that started to form in at the sight of him and shouted "Hurry up its gonna be dark soon I don't wanna miss the sun." sounding as normal as she could though her heart was beating so fast like its gonna jump out of her body any moment. 

Both were struggling hard to compose themselves, everything was happening so fast, both of them asking themselves why they feel so secured being together when they've only known each other for a day. They were swimming, playing with water. Khun even carried Han comfortably, they held each others hands, all the body contact was inevitable but they enjoyed very single minute of it. As dusk began to be visible, they decided to rest, Khun immediately took a towel from his bag to cover Han, then he put his tank top back on. 

"This place is very memorable to me, for it brings back beautiful memories as well as heartaches." Han said.while watching the sunset. 'Sometimes I'm not even sure why I still come back to this place..." her voice trailed off as memories form 2 years ago started to replay on her mind.

2 years ago ....

"We can still work this out Han, please give me a chance to try and fix this." Aaron said pleading.

Han turned to him, she can't control her emotions anymore, she shouted " How can we fix something that in the first place was even not meant to happen? How can we work this out when its meant to destroy everything around us? Why us? Why does it have to be you? Why did you let this happen? I just don't understand! " she was shaking as Aaron took her in his arms, he wanted to cry but no tears would come out, then he realized that even he himself don't know what has happened to him.

Han pushed him away, "I don't even know you anymore, when I look into your eyes I don't see the man that I love. You knew that once you are turned everything will and should come to an end." she was still so mad as tears won't stop streaming down her cheeks. 

"But you don't understand, how can I protect you if I won't become one of them, this is the only way for us to prove that the myth is not true. Don't you trust me at all? " he is starting to get frustrated because Han cannot accept the fact that he is now already a vampire.

"Trust you? I trusted you Aaron, You promised that you will remain at my side no matter what. You promised that we will grow old together and raise our own family. Now tell me, how are we supposed to do that? Tell me!" she cried out loud. Wiping her tears, she started composing herself and said " Myth or not, we both know that both our kind will not accept us being together. This will just bring so much hurt to so many people and I wouldn't want that to happen. Let's put an end to this now. " 

"No Han, you can't give up on us! If we work on this together we can prove to everyone that we can all live peacefully. That we can still live by our promises, Please Han, just give me a chance." he said tightening his grip on her wrist preventing her from leaving,not realizing that he's already hurting her.

"This is the first time in so many years, that you have physically hurt me. And yet you said you wanted to protect me" looking at his hand that was holding her wrist with an annoyed smirk. "Funny how immense power can change people. Oh let me correct myself, should I call you your majesty now?"

Aaron slowly released Han's wrist, totally overwhelmed by the pained look in her eyes. He is now at a loss for words.

"You know what, my life is so ed up right now that I don't even know how to think straight, and all the while I thought I'd hang on because I still have you, well good news Han, you have lost everything. I am so broken that I don't know anymore how to pick up the pieces or if I will ever be whole again. I just hope that you're happy with your decision." she paused looking at the dark sky. "I would appreciate if this will be the last time that we'd be seeing each other." letting out a big sigh,there was a long awkward silence before she reached out for Aaron's hand. "Thank you, for everything. I don't know if I will ever love anyone again as much as I have loved you, but please remember that you will always remain special in my heart. Goodbye Aaron." she turned to take her leave, trying her best to remain strong though deep inside she felt like dying.

He wanted to stop her, but he knew none of his words will ever take the pain away from Han's heart. He just stared at her as she walked away without even looking back. He vowed to himself that no matter what happens even if she walked out of his life, he will never leave her and will never give up on their love for each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He kept on pacing back and forth, eversince he woke up a few minutes ago he can't bring himself back to sleep anymore. "Anxiety attack." Dr. Rice whispered to himself. It was 4 in the morning, and still he haven't heard from Han. Earlier that evening he can feel how devastated she was. The pain and anger that she felt 2 years ago was rekindled by the series of events that had happened, and he felt useless because he can't even do anything for Han. He sat down, looking at their picture during her 8th birthday, it was her 1st year as his daughter and they were both so happy having each other as family.

He remembered the day that he found Han, she was struggling for life while her parents were already declared dead on arrival at the hospital. He did everything he could to save her because he knew that this girl needs to live for a purpose. He adopted her so she can be guided properly. At first a lot of people, thought that he was just doing it as part of his job as the leader of super humans, but as years passed, Dr. Rice has showered Han with so much love as if he was his own. Until the dreadful day of their confrontation came.

"You have to stop this insanity Han, Aaron is now a vampire, you have to stop seeing him right this very minute while I am still giving you the chance to do so! " he said angrily. " I you can't do it, then I will do everything to make you do it, do you understand!?" he commanded.

Han was crying so hard " Understand?! How can I understand Dad, how will I ever understand that out of all people in this world why does it have to be us. What did we do wrong to deserve this?" Hans asked one question after the other, she was sobbing non-stop. "Was I ever a daughter to you? Or am I just an experiment, or a trophy perhaps?" she asked in defeat.

Those questions have haunted him for 2 years now, it hurts to hear that from the person that he treasures so much more than his own life and yet he is also the one who is hurting her. He sighed heavily as he sits on the couch. "I'm sorry Han, God knows how much I love you my child." he whispered to himself. He closed his eyes when he heard his phone ringing.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Her thoughts were interrupted by Khun's voice, "If it pains you to come here, then maybe we should go." he started to stand up and offered his hand to help her get up from the sand. "I don't want to see you hurt Han, It may sound weird but I do care for you a lot." he looked at her warmly.

She took his hand and stood up. " Thank You Khun." she gave him a weak smile, as she continued to hold onto his hand as they walked towards the changing rooms. "I'll be out in a few minutes." she said as she entered taking a shower and fresh change of clothes. Khun did the same,he was still trying to digest the whirlwind of emotions that he went through with Han today.

Han came out of the changing room and saw Khun waiting for her by the bench. "I'm quite famished, how about trying out the restaurant that you recommended?" he asked cheerfully.

"Sure, right this way sir." she replied moving her hand towards the direction of the restaurant with a light bow. Khun laughed and they started to talk about food and other things. Han ordered food and while waiting she remembered she needed to call her dad. 

"Khun, I'll just give my dad a quick call, I'll just do it here if you don't mind?" she asked

"Would you like some privacy, I can leave you for a while?" he replied smiling softly.

"It's fine, just stay," she replied as she dialed her Dad's number. The phone rang a couple of times then Dr. Rice answered.

"Han! I'm so glad you called. How are you? How's everything there? he asked, his voice full of concern.

Its been more than a month since she last talked to him over the phone, hearing his voice made her feel so guilty that he made him worry so much. "Hi Dad! I'm Ok, I'm sorry if it took me some time to call. Lisa's gonna be fine. Don't worry too much about me. How are you? she asked.

"I'm good, a bit busy but you know that I'm alright. Please take care my child." he said fervently

Khun tried to avoid looking at Han but he can't help it, there is this certain connection that makes him feel what's inside her heart. He took Han's free hand that was on the table giving it a light squeeze, giving her a supportive smile.

Han's eyes were now b with tears as she replied " I will Dad, Please take care of yourself too...." she paused and took a deep breath " I Miss you Dad." she said throatily trying her best to keep herself from crying then ended the call.

"Aaaahhhhh." she heaved a sigh of relief " I'm sorry Khun, it has been a long day and I apologize for dragging you in all these." she said.

"I chose to be with you right? So no need to apologize, I just hope you'd give me a chance to know you more even after this vacation." he asked

"Don't you think that's a bit difficult? I think were taking things way too fast." Han removed her hand from his.

"I'm sorry am I going too fast? I'm usually not like this." he said shyly "It's just that with you its different, please don't think that I'm taking advantage of the situation, how about let's start by being good friends, would that be fine?" he asked 

She gave him a bright smile and said "Yes I think it will be great if we do it one step at a time. I'd be glad to know you more."

"Friends?!" Khun asked sticking out his hand for a handshake.

"Officially friends." she took his hand as they started eating their meal.

 

**Took me a few days to update...Blame it on 2PM's Arena tour LOL! Already working on the next chapter too ^^ ** Thanks to those who subscribed and as well as to the anonymous readers.