Questions

Destined

He sits quietly outside the emergency room. The police had already finished their interrogation, and now his manager is the one talking to them making sure that everything will be kept with full confidentiality. The doctor came out looking for the victim's family. 

"The victim is travelling on her own, but her family will be here in a few hours." one of the policeman said.

"She's already safe from danger. She was badly beaten so definitely her wounds will need time to heal. I am more concerned about the trauma she has undergone, please inform her family that I need a word with them once they arrive. By the way, before she went to sleep she keeps on calling for the Angel, which I assume is you sir? " looking directly at Khun with a smile.

Khun bowed his head in acknowledgement he could feel his cheeks go red, really shy to be called an angel. As soon as the doctor left, the detective turned to him and said, "You surely have lots of adrenaline in your body young man, since you said that everything you did was all because of adrenaline rush and your experience in Muay Thai." smiling at Khun.

"Is the other man, ummm the guy that I choked, is he still alive?" Khun asked nervously.

"Oh Yes he is, well I guess you saw the damage that you did, but seriously that guy deserved to be given this lesson, there's so much evil in this world and we wouldn't mind getting rid of one." the detective chuckled "You really are an angel to be asking about him despite what he did." he said earnestly. "Anyway, don't worry about the case, its gonna be our secret. Thank you again." they all shook hands then left.

Khun then again took his seat, covering his face with both hands. His manager just continued to stare at him, he can't seem to find the right words to say. Letting out a big sigh he then started to speak, "Something's going on Khun I could feel it. I will not force you to tell me how these all happened but I am giving you one last chance." he said with a straight face. "We still have 4 days here, you have to make sure that none of these will ever happen again, understood?" he asked.

Khun nodded in reply, still refused to say a single word as they headed back to the hotel. The trip was silent as well as the elevator ride, upon reaching their doorsteps, finally he spoke.

"Thank you Hyung." Khun said, giving his manager a brotherly hug. "I promise it won't happen again, I'll stay out of trouble." raising his right hand as if under oath.

"That's what you told me earlier remember? But yeah, it's fine. One last chance OK? or this vacation is over." giving Khun a light pat on his forehead. "It's been a long day, now go to sleep if you still want to join that trip, you still have enough time to rest." he then goes into his room.

"Neh!" Khun replied as he closed his door. He lets himself collapse on top of his bed, now facing the ceiling he rewinded the series of events that just happened. He let out a long whistle " I almost killed someone."  talking to himself. He looked at his hands checking it thoroughly as if its the first time that he's seen it. "What is happening to me?" he whispered softly to himself as sleep slowly took over his body.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

She started blinking her eyes as rays of sunlight started to go through her window. Han realized that she fell asleep on the couch after struggling much with that painful headache that had hit her last night. Remebering what happened, she dialed Toni's number once again.

"What the hell happened to you last night? I was about to fly out there, but decided to call your dad first. He told me that you're gonna be fine." Toni said still sounding worried on the other line.

"Umm well, I saw Khun getting hit, I guess that's where the pain came from. Whatever connection we have it surely is driving me nuts. I was about to go to him when I saw that everything was already under control. I guess I got too exhausted because of all the worry that's why I dozed off."  Han replied

"Under Control? did someone come to help him? Is he alright?." Toni asked one question after the other. "Wow stupidity attack right there, of course he's fine. He has someone looking after him." Toni bit her lip as she realized that she was already giving away so much information to Han. " Sis, you might be freaking out right now knowing there are people who's been keeping an eye on both of you, but you do understand that its for your own good right?" Toni said.

"I think I don't have much of a choice when it comes to my Dad's decisions." Han said softly. "Yes he's fine, he did it all by himself, I mean he was able to take care of himself, he's a natural anyway, and was said to be one of the best, so what else can we expect from him." she continued, glancing at the clock that read 7 am. Her eyes grew big in surprise, she's gonna be late for the trip. "Speaking of Khun, I am supposed to meet him and the kids for the day-trip in an hour, I'm gonna be late. Bye Sis!" hanging up not even giving Toni a chance to answer back.

She jumped off her bed to take a bath, while all her other stuff started to move on its own making their way inside her bag. She dressed-up in her usual beach mini-dress showing off her toned legs and thighs, that covered her two-piece swimsuit, because she planned to go for a swim later after the day-trip. As she walked out of her room, she felt her phone vibrating, she rummaged through her bag and it wasn't there, she opened the door raised her hand as if reaching for something and the phone came flying straight into her hand as if it had a magnet, then she left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His phone started ringing, making him toss and turn. He picks it up and was a greeted by a long shout

"HYUUUUUUUNG!!!!!!!!!" Junho and Chansung started screaming. Khun almost dropped the phone because of the unacceptable noise from the other line. He did not expect to be disturbed by these 2 at this time of the day. Looking at the clock it says 6:00 am so its 7 am now in Korea.

"WHHHHAAAATTT??!!!!" He shouted back. "Are you guys drunk? Why are you calling me this early? " He asked obviously irritated.

"We just miss you Hyung, and yeah we had a few drinks because we're done with the movie already, I finished filming around 4 am. YAY!!!!!!" Junho said cheering like a 5-year old kid. They were on speaker phone, and Chansung sounded like he was singing and dancing at the same time.

"Khun Hyung when are you coming back? Oh sorry how are you by the way?" Chansung asked

Khun's expression changed, now relieved by simply hearing the sound of their voices. He loved all s so much, they are his second family. Times like these he wish to have any of them beside him. But he doesn't want to worry them, so he cleared his throat and said. "I'm good, this place is absolutely beautiful, how I wish you guys were here as well." He continued to describe the island to them careful to leave out other things that had happened.

"Don't forget to buy us gifts ok?" Junho teased 

"Please take a lot of pictures Hyung, I'd love to see the place." Chansung said with excitement, known to be one of the members that loves photography.

"I will, don't worry. You guys need to get your asses into bed now. Sleep! See ya'll soon!" Khun replied as they said their goodbyes over the phone. He looked outside the window seeing how beautiful the deep blue see is, it was so calming. Taking a deep breath he said " Today is a new day. Let's start over Khun. Fighting!" telling himself, as he started to prepare for the trip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank God I'm not late." Han let's out a sigh of relief as she took a seat at the waiting bench. The kids haven't arrived as well, but they were not yet late. She looked at her watch it was 7:55 am. Then she checked on the supplies that they are bringing for the trip which arrived much earlier than she did and she was very much satisfied that everything they needed was there. 

"You're not late but I came earlier." Khun said beaming. He's been watching her eversince she arrived. "Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked looking at the boxes and bags that she was checking.

"Oh, you're here." she replied, surprised that she didn't even feel his presence. In her thoughts she doesn't really know how to deal with Khun anymore, so she decided to just act normal, "For once Han, shut everything out and just go with the flow." she told herself.

"Everything's alright, and we will have people to help us during the trip, so no worries. " she said smiling back at him. She knows that it will be difficult to keep herself from using her powers especially controlling her enhanced senses but this is the only way for her to gauge the so-called "Connection" that she has with Khun.

They sat together on the bench talking comfortably about the trip while waiting for the kids, Khun was wearing a tank top showing-off his well-sculpted arms, then her eyes got distracted by the bruises on his right arm. She wasn't able to stop herself from touching the bruises. "What happened?" she asked looking at his eyes full of concern even if she already saw a glimpse of what happened last night.

Khun knew it was too late to try and hide it from her, and he can't make himself lie to her. "I got into a fight last night. But I'm fine don't worry about it, it was already settled." he answered looking away, avoiding her eyes.

Before she could ask further, a vehicle from the hospital arrived but the kids were not on it. Lisa's nurse came running towards Han with tears streaming down her cheeks. "Doctor, Its Lisa, she had a seizure, she doesn't look good, please help us." she pleads.

"What?! Ok let's go, please calm down." she wrapped her arm around her shoulders then gave Khun a very sad look.

"I'm coming with you, Please?" Khun asked

Han nodded and they all got into the vehicle. During the trip the nurse kept sobbing while both Han and Khun kept their silence. Then Khun looked at Han as he saw how she was trying her best to compose herself. He slowly reached out for her hand and gave it a light squeeze. Han shifted her gaze to Khun, as tears are already building up on both her eyes. 

"She's gonna be alright." she said trying to be confident holding back her tears.

"She will be." Khun said softly now putting his arm over her shoulders to give her comfort.

The vehicle came into a halt, they all were running towards the Emergency room straight to the critical area. [Its a provincial hospital so the facility is not very big] before letting them in, they were given scrub gowns and masks but for Han she wore something different since she will be joining the other doctors in saving Lisa. Khun was then led to a corner together with Lisa's nurse leaving 6 people including Han standing beside Lisa discussing and doing some procedures. The little girl was not responding as if in a comma. After half an hour, they declared that she was now out of danger but still needs to be observed carefully. Han made some phone calls, he even overheard her speaking in French at one point. Seeing this side of her was completely different from the compassionate and bubbly person that he met yesterday. Serious, respectable and when she's in her doctor's uniform she looked very intimidating.

"She is really one of a kind." Khun said to himself. 

Han started to approach him, with sweat all over her forehead, removing the mask from her face she said "I already have a team flying in to make sure that she will be fine. Actually this shouldn't have happened since ... umm its actually a long story but I am extremely unhappy with all these. I feel like a complete failure." Han ranted putting her right palm over her forehead.

"Please don't say that, this situation is already beyond your control, you shouldn't blame yourself." Khun said as he started wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"I don't know how she lost so much blood without even a trace of bleeding and ...." her voice trailed off then turned to Lisa's nurse and asked " Did Lisa have any visitors yesterday or even this morning?" 

"She did, Sir Aaron was here last night, they played for like an hour, he gave her a new toy, its upstairs." the nurse replied.

"Aaron was here?" she asked word per word as if she didn't hear it the first time, and the nurse nodded in reply.

She was so stunned by what she heard. A lot of thoughts came running through her head. Her feelings at that moment was indescribable, as if her chest was about to explode into pieces. She dashed out of the emergency room and started hitting the button of the elevator furiously. Khun ran after her and with one look in her face he could see anger, pain and confusion written all over it. 

"Please tell me I'm wrong, I'm begging you Lord, Please tell me I'm wrong." Han kept repeating these words in her thoughts. She was so preoccupied that she doesn't seem to realize that Khun has been following her. They reached Lisa's bedroom, Han closed her eyes, as bits and pieces of what happened the night before in that room started to run through her head. She opened her eyes and reached out for the small tablet lying on Lisa's bed. Unable to control her thoughts, she said with a voice shaking in anger, "It's not him but it was one of them."

Khun just stayed silent unable to comprehend what was happening, but at the back of his head there was this nagging voice telling him not to leave Han's side. He took him in his arms and hugged her tightly. "I don't know what's going on but I will be here for you, please calm down." he said softly while facing the window looking at the serene view outside of the hospital. She was crying quietly on his shoulder as he gently her hair.

Suddenly, Khun felt it coming, in lightning speed he pushed Han to his side as he caught an arrow going towards them with his right hand, already an inch away from hitting his face. He didn't know how he was able to do it but being amazed was not part of his thoughts right now. Han took the arrow from his hand, it had a piece of cloth attached to it,dripping with blood writing as it reads "This is just the beginning"

Han's whole body began to tremble,not because of fear but because of extreme anger....she knew that the blood was Lisa's. Han struggled to control her mind as things inside the room started to move as if there was an earthquake. Khun took her again in his arms for protection, more of dragging her out of the room when all of the movement suddenly stopped. He then felt Han getting heavier as she slowly lost her consciousness.