The Battle 1

Destined

"Man, this is much tiring than practicing for our concerts and comeback." Wooyoung complained as he slumped on the nearest sofa dead-tired from practicing how to transmit their energy from one hand to another.

All 6 of them has extreme inner energy that can form light balls that are very destructive. That was their main power as warriors. And they have to learn how to control it so that once the final battle comes they can all join forces to fight against whoever this enemy they have right now. Chan and Junho were in the middle of concentrating in forming another light ball when Taec entered the room.

"I think Khunnie is awake now." He beamed.

"Really!" Wooyoung jumped off from the sofa happily and was about to leave the room to check on Khun when everything went pitch black. Good thing Chan and Junho was able to produce small light balls that kept the room illuminated.

"What the hell is happening?" Junho blurted, just then all their mobile phones started to buzz, they all answered the call and a sinister voice came on the line.

"You are Next." the voice hissed followed by the sound of a flatline from a cardiogram. They all looked at each other, knowing that they all received the same phonecall. The lights started to come back on. Sam came bursting inside the room.

"Are you guys alright?" he asked in a worried tone. 

"We're fine. How about everyone else." Taec asked

"It was in every communication platform. Mobile phones, computer, radio, television, I believe you received the same message?" he looked at each of them as they nodded. "It's causing fear all over the world now. Our enemies are unknown. They are far more savage in their attacks than vampires. We are all very concerned how we will be able to help you guys so we hope that you will take extra care of yourselves. Please stay out of any trouble while Khun and Minjun are still recuperating." Sam pleaded.

"With this at hand, I don't think we will be able to resume with our work. So we can just stay here and continue to train. " Chansung said earnestly.

"I agree with Chansung, but can we at least make sure our families are safe too?" Junho asked them in a concerned tone.

"Of course, you guys can all go on with your normal routine. I'm just reminding each of you not to engage on any fighting because we cannot afford any of you to get hurt at this point ok?" Sam firmly stated. They all nodded and started to leave their training room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights came back on and Han just sat beside Khun deep in her thoughts.

"Do you see anything?" wrapping his arm around Han's shoulders.

"Yeah." she took a deep breath "I saw bloodshed. Many people got hurt. Destruction all over the world. Whatever we are dealing with are very powerful. We really need to prepare." Han explained with a serious look on her face.

"I can start training now if you want. I'll be fine." Khun gave her a reassuring smile.

Han looked at Khun fervently. She thought she will never see him again. That she will not feel the warmth of his touch, the sight of his beautiful face & his sweet smile. She is very happy to be given a 2nd chance to live and she will not put this into waste. She will do everything in her power to save the world and spend more years of her life with Khun.

"The others have been doing well in controlling their powers eversince they discovered it. We just need to figure out how they can transmit it to you.  Since you are considered the medium among the 6 of you. But Minjun is still recovering. I don't want him to force himself to do training yet." Han said while snuggling against Khun's chest which brought a cute smirk on his face.

"I missed that." He planted a kiss on her forehead. "Can we stay like this a while longer? No talking just ..." he slowly lifted Han's chin, kissing her lips gently. They were savoring each minute of it  when the door suddenly opened.

"HYUNG!!!!!!!" the young boys all shouted in unison. They ended up covering their mouths upon seeing the scene that they interrupted.

Han laughed out loud while Khun gave them a furious glare.

"Ooops sorry, we just got very excited hearing that you're already awake." Wooyoung explained with a cute pout. While Junho and Chan just gave them an apologetic look.

"Awww Wooyoungie its ok." Han moved towards Wooyoung giving him a light hug making Khun roll his eyes.

"Will you guys stop using aegyo on Han, ya'll know that she will always fall for it." Khun retorted, making everyone laugh boisterously.

At that moment Dawn came rushing into the room. "Han, you have to help me, it's Taec." she didn't have to say more, the moment Han held her hand she ran out of the room immediately leaving everyone else in confusion.

---------------------

"Are you sure you're ready to see him?" Helena asked Sun on their way to the Super Human's headquarters. Sun nodded while looking outside as the building came into view.

"I should also be asking you the same question Helena." Venice said looking at her in concern. "Taec is a different story. He loathes you. I don't know how anyone can convince him that you were a newborn that time which is why you were not yet in control." she continued a worried look came across her face.

"Don't worry about me. What's done is done and no matter how much I regret still it won't change anything. I will accept Taec's hatred towards me." Helena replied trying very hard not to weep.

"If Taec does anything to hurt you, I will definitely intervene." Venice stated firmly.

"No, please, don't hurt him. Don't fight for what I did wrong." Helena pleaded.

"Exactly my point, it was all in the past. And if he isn't man enough to hear you out, then I am left with no choice. I have done everything to live in peace with humans. But you are my family Helena. They should understand that I will be protecting you no matter what happens." Venice held Helena's hand tightly which gave way to her tears. 

Their car stopped at the main entrance and they were greeted by the guards. As they entered the hall, Dr. Rice welcomed them.

"This is a pleasant surprise Venice, I'm glad to see you all." he offered his hand to each lady.

"Sun wants to visit Minjun." Venice answered. Dr. Rice led them to Minjun's room. 

As they entered the room they saw Minjun seated, talking to Sam and Dawn. He has already recuperated from all his wounds and was laughing with Dawn's joke when Sun came into view. His smile faded and was replaced by a nervous look in his face upon seeing her.

 "Hello Minjun, we're glad to see that you're doing better now." Venice told him sincerely.

"Thank You" he replied weakly, now fixing his gaze on Sun. Dr. Rice cleared his throat and said.

"I think it'll be nice if we give them time to talk. I trust that Sun would not be doing any harm to Minjun." he asked seeking for assurance.

"You have my word Doctor." Sun replied as the rest of the group started to leave the room.

"I'll stay here just in case." Helena offered. Closing the door behind them and sitting on a  nearby sofa situated outside Minjun's room.

"I'll keep you company." Dawn seconded while the others started go to the conference room.

With everyone else leaving the room, Sun took a deep breath and started to walk over Minjun's bedside. He was just looking at her, his eyes filled with mixed emotions, b with tears. She took a seat at the chair as they continued to look at each other for a few more seconds.

"How are you?" Sun asked in a shaky voice now turning her gaze away from Minjun.

"I'm feeling better. How about you? " Minjun replied, almost choking from supressing his sob.

"I'm alright, I 've been doing well eversince I came with Venice. They treated me well...Like a family." Sun said now taking an apple from the fruit basket at Minjun's bedside table, peeling it off and cutting into pieces, then she started to feed Minjun.

He gladly accepted each of the pieces that she gave him, just like old times. As they just sat there in silence with every glimpse at each other bringing a weak smile on their faces.

"I'm sorry for what I did.." Minjun started but was cut-off by Sun.

"Please Minjun, let's not talk about it anymore." She then took his hand, holding it tightly. "Now I fully understand why you had to do it. And I was just so confused and was not yet ready to accept everything during that time. But as I thought things through, I would rather embrace the life that I have right now as long as I can be with you. Even without knowing when it'll end or if it will ever end. What's important is having you now in my life that's all I would like to dwell in." Sun stated soft sobs started to escape from .

Minjun took her into his arms hugging her tightly. "I love you, and I will do everything for you. I know I was selfish but I can't imagine living the rest of my life without you. I promise that we will get through all this together. I love you so much." they just stayed in each others arms, all the longingness are swept away by the warmth of their embrace.

"TAEC STOP!!!!!!" They heard Dawn screaming from outside the room which made them let go of each other.

"What's happening?" Minjun asked in a worried tone.

"Just stay here, I'll go out and check." Sun went out of hurriedly greeted by a chair flying towards her direction which she was able to dodge swiftly.

"Taec please stop it." Dawn continued to plead, while Taec has his hands on Helena's neck pinning her against the wall. Helena just stood still tears running down her cheeks. Sun immediately helped Dawn to remove Taec's hand from her neck but he just continued to push them away. He was way stronger than them so they are helpless. Dawn ran quickly to seek for help.

"Helena, what are you doing?! Why aren't you fighting back." Sun shouted. Helena just looked at her as if talking to her in her thoughts. "No, No! Taec don't do this!" Sun tried to punch Taec's face but her hand got caught by his. He squeezed her hand tightly making her scream in pain.

"Taec Stop!" Minjun shouted upon opening the door yanking Sun away from Taec's grip. Minjun was about to attack Taec when Khun came and pulled Taec away from Helena, sending her crashing to the ground almost unconscious. 

Taec started throwing punches towards Khun as if he had gone crazy. Khun just tried to avoid every punch because he does not want to fight him back."Taec don't do this, I don't want to hurt you!" Khun now caught both Taec's hand and held them tightly not letting go. Taec was just growling in anger trying to free himself from Khun. Seeing that its becoming harder to control Taec's emotions, Han had to use her powers to calm him down.

"Taec I'm sorry." Han whispered in his ear, holding his shoulders tightly as he fell unconscious in Khun's arms. Han saw everything, she understood where Taec's fury was coming from. She began wiping her tears off as well, seeing how regretful Helena was for everything that had happened in the past, but Taec is still not ready to accept any explanation from her. All he knows is Helena tried to kill his mother.

Khun carried Taec to his room, while Helena and Sun just sat together on the nearby sofa. Her neck still purple from Taec's grip and she is still gasping for air.

"You should've let him kill me." Helena said without looking at any of them.

"What are you talking about? We can have this settled Helena. We just need to give Taec more time. I'll talk to him." Han replied placing her hand over Helena's

"Thanks Han, but I would rather not see him anymore. I don't want him to become the horrible monster that I was when I almost killed his family years ago." Helena got up from her seat and started to leave.

"But Helena..." Han was about to answer back when Helena squeezed her hand tightly.

"Han, there are battles that we can never fight back, especially when we already know that we have already lost even before the battle has started. And this is a battle that I can never win against, because in the end, in Taec's eyes I will always be that murderer that he met in the past." Helena walked off leaving the rest staring at her helplessly.