Starting Over

Destined

"Khun wake-up!" his manager has been doing everything he could to wake him up for the past 5 minutes. He started to open his eyes but still can't seem to move his body.

"At last you're awake." his manager sighed in relief. " We're gonna be late for our flight we need to leave in 30 minutes, so please hurry-up. Whatever you drank last night almost killed you." his manager continued while fixing Khun's stuff. " Your girl, Han, seem really nice, she told me she can't come to see you off though, at least you had fun with her on your last day." his manager said as he went out of Khun's room to check on his own stuff as well.

Khun decided to stand up and take a bath, his mind remained blank, like it stopped functioning. As he was bathing he can see some spots on his forearm, chest and legs. He began to wonder where it all came from but he can't seem to remember anything. What kept going on his mind was he had fun last night, that's it. Deep inside him he felt really weird but can't seem to point out what's causing his anxiety. He still haven't noticed how pumped his body was, not even when he put on his favorite Mickey Mouse shirt which clearly showed off his chest and biceps as it became tight on those area.

A message on his phone snapped him off from his daze, as he read:

"Thank You Khun for being a wonderful friend. This vacation is going to be one of the most memorable experiences in my life. You will always remain in my heart...Take Care...Han"

"I''ll never forget you too Han." he whispered to himself as he looked outside his window saying goodbye to this paradise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

2 weeks after

"Aren't you gonna stay a while longer?" Toni asked Han, It's her last day in New York, she spent the whole week there, catching up checking on their research and reports. A week of realization. Her father was right, it was difficult to control the bond that she now has with Khun. Before when she used to help her other friends with their powers she can disattach herself so easily but with Khun it was like a permanent mark in her system. Its like in vampire terms more of an imprint. She could feel how busy he was, when he's tired or stressed. The hardest is whenever he works out, his body is overflowing with stamina that he can go on with his work out even for the whole day. That's when she realized that she should have let her father help her in training Khun and explaining him what they could to for him to still keep his normal life.

"You look so tired Han, Haggard I guess is the best term." Toni continued, hugging her friend that she will be missing again.

"I know I look awful, and it shouldn't be the case because I have work to do now. Finally I get to focus more on music." Han said beaming with the thought of going to HongKong and working with Mnet for the MAMA's.

"You might see him there right? And you know that you will be seeing him more once you start working in Korea." Toni started typing on her laptop's keyboard. "Oh look, Khun looks really good nowadays." she pointed on the screen as Khun danced skilfully wearing a sleeveless top and fitted leather black pants. He got distracted by the bracelet that Khun was wearing, then she remembered,"

More than 2 weeks ago while they were swimming at the beach

Khun was looking at the twin silver bracelet that Han was wearing. "I noticed that you always wear that, I mean, I saw it yesterday when we were together and you're wearing it again today." he said wondering if the bracelet was something of value.

"Oh these, I bought these in France, 1 year ago, they said that the bracelet's design brings peace in one's heart. I bought 2 because I felt that I needed double the dose of the bracelet's effect." Han said laughing out loud.

"Really, maybe I should go to France and buy one, it seemed to help you a lot." Khun replied laughing along with her.

"You also need peace for your heart?" Han asked, then she took off one of the bracelets. "Here, take this." handing one of the bracelets to Khun.

"Oh no, I can't accept that." Khun answered back really emabarrassed .

"Why not? It's fine don't worry about it. It's always good to share. Anyway were friends right?! So consider this as our friendship bracelet." Han took Khun's hand putting on the bracelet. "Oh it looks good on you, coz its a bit big for me." She said smiling in satisfaction as she placed her wrist beside his, very happy seeing them wear the same bracelet.

Khun's face turned bright red, shy and at the same time deeply touched with the unexpected gift that he received. "Thanks Han, I'll make sure to wear this as often as I could." he kissed her hand softly as a sign of gratitude.

back to present

"What are you doing?" Toni asked looking at her quizically while she was touching the bracelet on her wrist.

"Nothing, I just remembered something." smiling at Toni weakly.

"Do you miss him? I mean, I know you guys only spent 4 days together but those 4 days were really special,I assume?" Toni continued to interrogate Han.

"He has been sending me messages, but I never replied. He even tried calling but I never picked up. How can I not miss him if he's like this? Am I doing the right thing sis?" Han asked Toni as sadness suddenly filled her eyes.

"You know the answer to your question Han, stop making yourself miserable, Please. I know you don't believe the Myth but regardless, if you feel something for Khun if the bond is actually beyond what you can handle, then stop manipulating things." Toni started wiping the tears that was about to roll down Han's cheeks.

"Stop sacrificing yourself Han, you deserve to be happy. You made yourself hate on Aaron even if it meant killing your heart and as well as his. But this time, Khun is someone that everyone will definitely approve of. So go for it." Toni said to Han full of encouragement on her voice.

"But I'm not even sure how I feel for him, and I am also not sure of what he truly feels for me ." Han stated, a look of confusion in her eyes.

"You know why? because you were too afraid to give it a try. You stopped everything when it just barely started. And look at you, I mean both of you, look at Khun in that video. He's smiling at everyone but his eyes seem lost." Toni paused the video, pointing at Khun's eyes.

She was right, this was all her fault, she was being too hard on herself that she brings everyone else with her misery. Its time for her to be happy again and bring happiness to the people she loves. She promised that today is gonna be her last day of sadness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What? we're going to the MAMA's?" Taec was shocked with the sudden change of schedule. "But that's like 2 weeks from now, right?" asking their manager.

"Hyung we'd love to, but what about our other commitments? Do we have time to practice?" Junho asked not removing his eyes from his IPAD.

"Hold on guys, I know it came as a surprise for everyone. But you are all aware that Mnet has been asking for you for so long now. Though you are not nominated you will be doing a special stage, this will be a great way to give a teaser for your comeback." their manager stated confidently

"Hyung is right, let's do this, It's not that difficult to think of a concept since we have a few days off before filming some shows in Japan. Let's work on it today." Minjun gave his dazzling smile to convince everyone.

Chansung and Wooyoung was busy with their computer game and just gave a thumbs up. While Khun sat quietly looking at his phone as if waiting for someone to call.

"Khunnie, are you alright? You have been staring at your phone a lot eversince you came back from your vacation, not good bro. Cheer up! She's not the last girl in the world you know, you have millions out there waiting for you." Taec said teasingly.

Khun gave Taec that "mind-your-own-business" look, then said "I'm alright with whatever the majority wants." Then goes back to looking at his phone. Flipping through his photo gallery as he goes back to the last picture that they took during Kathy's engagement party. He was smiling at the picture as Wooyoung started to take a peek on what he was looking at.

"Oh My God Khun Hyung, how many times have you gone through those pictures, and you are not even showing them to us." Woo pouted as Khun immediately kept his phone.

"Just go back to playing with your laptop, just let me be." Khun stormed out of the room, leaving the others totally shocked with his terrible mood swing.

"Don't tell me Khun Hyung fell in love with that girl? " Chansung asked, as the others shrugged.

"He has been acting so strange lately to be honest, I do hope he's gonna be fine soon." Minjun said sounding worried.

"I'll talk to him later, let's just finish this up." Taec offered as they continued talking about their concept for MAMA's.

------------------------------------------------------------------

2PM arrived a day before the MAMA's, trying to squeeze in a few hours of practice at the venue. They were in a rush because their flight got delayed so they were all a bit grumpy. Arriving at the venue, they immediately went onstage and was greeted by the Chinese staff, they were told that their segment director was not Chinese, so Taec felt relieved that they could easily relay anything that they would like to work on regarding the stage and their concept. They went through their songs since the director was not yet around.

"Hmmm what's taking the director so long, he should be here by now. We need to go through the whole routine with him so we can make adjustments, the stage was bigger than we thought." Taec said sounding a bit annoyed. "Khun, you talk to the director ok, I'm a bit off already, might come across as a rude person." Taec asked Khun.

"Alright, just calm down, we don't even know the reason of the delay." Khun squeezed Taec's shoulder while the young boys were playing onstage running around like 5 year old kids. Minjun was with the band going through their songs.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, I had a last minute appointment that dragged for hours. I apologize for making you guys wait." a lady's voice was explaining frantically using the microphone as she slowly went up the stage.

Khun froze, he knew he heard that voice before, but he doesn't want to admit where. "Am I hallucinating?" Khun asked himself. As they all turned to face the owner of the voice.

She gave them a dazzling smile, wearing skinny jeans and boots that showed off her curves complimented by her tight black biker shirt which hugged her upper body, they boys were all dumbfounded. First, they did not expect their director to be a lady, and second, she is not just a lady but a HOT one.

Taec immediately cleared his throat his expression now very warm a total opposite of how he felt earlier. Flashing his y smile he introduced him self "Hi, I'm Taec. And you are?" offering a handshake.

"Hi Taec, I'm Han, well most of the people here call me Coach so you can call me whatever makes you comfortable." Han accepted the handshake.

"You're THE Coach? I mean the anonymous director and choreographer who has been working with Usher and others?" Minjun asked totally surprised.

"Yeah I guess that's me." Han  replied with a laugh

All the others started to approach her making their introductions except for Khun, who was just standing still looking spaced- out. Originally, Han decided to act like they never met, but feeling all his emotions right now she started to walk towards him. "Hey, How are you?" Han asked holding Khun's face making him focus on hers.

All their jaws dropped, seeing how Han was talking comfortably with Khun. Khun was still speechless as if he went mute. Han tucked the microphone in her pants' back pocket, then turned to face the others. "Can you give us 5 minutes please, I promise just 5 minutes." giving them a wink.

The 5 wanted to moan in envy but held it in. "Umm sure, go ahead." Taec blurted out. "What the...They know each other?" he said in disbelief.

"Khun Hyung is always so lucky when it comes to girls." Junho muttered shaking his head.

They all decided to sit on the stairs at the stage while watching the two carefully. Han took Khun's Han leading him at the far side of the stage. All eyes were on both of them even the staff.

"Look, I'm sorry Khun. I know it was really harsh for me not to reply your messages, but you have to hear me out, I was just so confused and.." she was cut short as Khun suddenly hugged her tight.

"Don't explain, what's important to me is you're here. Finally you're here." he whispered softly to her ears, almost in tears. 

"Khun try to get a grip on yourself, everyone is looking at us." Han said in a very low voice. Khun gently pulled-away  as he looked around seeing how flabbergasted everyone are.

"Ok we'll talk later, dinner?" he asked his eyes twinkling with excitement.

"Alright its a date." winking at him, which Khun really loved as the rest of the guys started audibly now.

Taec stood up as they all went back centerstage "I guess you guys owe us an explanation, but let's do that later, Am I right coach?" he asked smiling mischievously.

"You're right, let's do that later, for now let me see your routine I promise we'll polish this in an hour since you guys are great performers." giving them a sincere smile.

"You both owe us dinner then?" Chansung chimed in.

"Chansung-ah!!!" Khun gave him a stern look.

"Sure, they can join us right?" asking Khun with pleading eyes.

"So you guys we're able to plan a date in 5 minutes, how amazing is that?" Wooyoung chuckled

Khun rolled his eyes but was left with no choice seeing  how Han wanted to apologize to them. "Alright, consider it as her payback for being late." he said in defeat.

"Thanks Khun, I'll ask my assistant to do the reservation now, so let's start." Han changed again into a completely different person. She was even more serious with music than in being a doctor. Khun doesn't know how she managed to work on her craft considering the amount of time she's spent studying and researching for her Dad's company. There's something different now though, she  looked very happy with what she is doing.

-----------------------------------------

"She's kinda strict." Junho said eyeing Han while she continued talking in Chinese with some of the stage crew.

"I like that in a girl though, very intimidating." Minjun replied smiling in her direction, "I heard she's really good, I think she helped much in Jihoon Hyung's performance tomorrow, I heard she contributed in the choreography." he continued.

"Oh really, that's interesting because he always have something y in his concept. Looking forward to seeing it." Chansung said sounding very excited.

Khun and Taec  was just listening to them, then Taec turned to Khun "Is she the girl you met during your vacation?" he asked curiously.

Khun nodded, not taking his eyes off Han. "I can't believe I'll be seeing her here." he said softly.

"I can see why you like her so much." Taec said teasingly.

Khun frowned "Ok Taecyeon, stop checking her out!" he snapped. With Taec laughing out loud seeing Khun acting like a jealous boyfriend.

Han was done talking to the staff so she went towards the boys, "Guys, I think we're good now, we'll just have one last round of practice tomorrow morning, Thank you for bearing with me today." she said smiling sweetly.

"Are we still on for dinner?" Wooyoung asked chuckling

"Of course we are, but I still have one more schedule for today then I'm free the whole evening, He should be here anytime now..." Looking around for the next performer that's scheduled for practice today.

"Han!" A voice called out.

"Jihoon, Oh My God!" she was so happy to see Rain as she went running in his arms that were already spread out waiting for her embrace.

"Finally! You accepted an offer in Asia and thank you for working on my performance." he released Han from his embrace giving her a peck on her cheek.

At this point Khun's ears have already turned red. As the others continue to be amazed by how animated Rain and Han was talking to eeach other. Then Rain realized that there were eyes looking at them.

"Hey guys! you didn't even bother to say Hi and just stood there in silence?" Rain sain laughing.

The 6 men bowed "Hello Jihoon Hyung! We're done with our practice, but I guess we'd have to wait for coach since she promised us dinner." Taec spoke for the group.

"What's with the formalities, come here you guys." as he gave each of them a brotherly hug. "I don't wanna stand beside you Junho, makes me look like your dad." Rain said very happy to see his younger brothers, Junho blushed. " You guys can wait for Han, I already did a rundown with dancers yesterday so we'll just do polishing today with her."

Han approached Khun and whispered "Can you stop being so quiet, it makes me feel awkward. You're being weird." pinching his right cheek. Khun just gave her a weak smile, as they started to be locked in each other's gaze.

Clearing his throat Rain went on "I think we should start now Han." raising his left eyebrow, placing his arms over hist chest, wondering what the staring contest was all about.

"Yeah let's start." Han answered back with a smile. 2PM sat at the front row, to watch Rain's practice.

"I'm so excited to see him perform again, this is gonna be epic." Minjun said clasping both his hands, like a total fanboy.

The music started with a slow song. Rain was displaying his vocal power, then the tempo changed to something y, Han suddenly came into view, she was gonna dance with him. Everyone gasped, she changed her outfit now wearing gray sweat pants and a black tank top. They both danced like it was their last, fulll of emotion as Rain began touching her hips as they both swayed through the beat of the music.He was all over her. Han was really flexible and graceful as she danced to the rhythm, it was more like an interpretative dance and towards the end of the music, she ended in Rain's arms with her face only inches away from him as if they were gonna kiss each other. Khun was gripping so hard on the arm rest of the chair, that Han had to focus on controlling his powers as well or else he might have torn it apart. They continued on with a hip hop song, Han still took part and even did some acrobatics. She was like a ballet dancer/gymnast.

Everyone applauded, the performance was so good that it seem to be the actual one. Rain gave Han a hug, and said " I think we're good, no need for another practice, I might injure my Coach." he said wrapping Han's shoulders in his arm. "And Khun might eat me alive." He said pointing at Khun teasingly. Everyone laughed, those little gestures and glances that they gave each other was enough for everyone to realize that they have something special going on.

They all bowed and said their goodbyes. Rain was quite in a hurry his last words were, " Khunnie, take care of Han Ok? And Han be gentle to Khun he's a great guy." 

"What are you talking about Jihoon? We're just friends." Han answered back blushing.

Everyone said in unison, "Yeah Right!" then bursted into laughter as they all went their way to eat dinner.

"Just Friends, for now?" Khun asked Han as they walked together.

"That's good for starters right? " she answered, giving him a soft smile.

 

** Taking a breather on this chapter, too much action in the last ones LOL **