Chapter 9

The Old & The New

“Let me get this right, you slept with her and became enemies. And she caught you half and then you poked her eyes with your fingers?”

“Well, there were more arguments in between but let’s not go into that.”

“This is good news!”

Jessica was deadpan.

“How the hell did you derive to that? Which part of my story you didn’t understand?”

“First of all, this lady seemed to irritate the out of you.  Usually, you didn’t even care.”

“I do!”

“No, you don’t. You could always avoid such irritating people but no, it seemed like you’re entertained as well.”

“Entertained by that Im Yoona?!”

“Oh, she has a name.”

“Krystal, stop blabbering nonsense. There’s no way me and that brat would get along.”

“But it seems like you do now.”

Jessica stared at her sister.

“Don’t look at me. You just said you burnt because you cooked porridge for her.”

“I hurt her eyes.”

“Hey, you caused my arm to break once and you never cook for me anything!”

“Krystal, I don’t mind breaking your arm for the second time.”

“No way, but this lady is interesting. Is she pretty?”

Jessica didn’t think much. She nodded her head.

“Dead hot gorgeous or just hot gorgeous?”

“How am I supposed to know?!”

“You slept with her.”

“Oh my god, that one night stand is going to taint me for the rest of my life!”

“Whatever sister, the fact that you slept with her is already imprinted in your history!”

Jessica wanted to smack Krystal so badly.

-

Yoona was eating her cereals when she heard Jessica grumbling as she came through the front door. Yoona was still staying at her place. She looked up.

“Did something hit your car?”

Jessica turned to find Yoona looking at her.

“Nothing, some domestic issues.”

“Oh okay, have you eaten?”

“No, but I’m not hungry.”

“Oh, but I’ve cooked pasta. I have left your share in the fridge.”

Jessica was taken aback.

“What?”

“I was hungry so I cooked something for myself. Don’t worry; I bought the ingredients. And no cucumbers, I swear!”

“Pasta has no cucumbers.”

“Oh, that’s right. But anyway, cucumbers are officially off my list nowadays. I’m still traumatised by your incident.”

“Ah, shut up.”

Jessica went into the kitchen and opened her fridge. There was a plate of pasta. She took it out.

“Hey, thanks anyway.”

“Hm?”

“For the pasta.”

“Ah, okay. Heat it up before eating it.”

“I will do that. Wait, have you taken your medicine and eye-drop?”

“I hate eye-drop.”

“So you haven’t done it?”

“Can I not do it?”

“No way, I’ll do it for you.”

Jessica grabbed the eye drop from the medicine box and walked over to Yoona. Yoona was staring at her.

“Do I really have to do this?”

“The doctor said you need to take this eye drop every day.”

Jessica sat beside Yoona and took the cushion. She placed the cushion on her lap and patted on it gently. Yoona was still staring at her.

“What?”

“What are you waiting for?”

“What am I supposed to do?”

“Lie down on the cushion.”

“On your lap?”

“Yes?”

“Why?”

“Just do it. Stop asking me so many questions.”

Jessica pulled Yoona and forced the lady to lie on her lap. Yoona didn’t have much choice. She was facing up and she could see Jessica’s face hovering above hers. Her heartbeat increased rapidly. Beads of perspiration appeared on her forehead – Yoona was anxious.

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you fidgeting so much?”

“No, it’s just uncomfortable.”

“The cushion?”

“No, the skinny legs.”

“Shut up and be thankful. Now stop moving.”

Jessica held her down and gently leaned closer. Yoona’s eyes were on the same level with Jessica’s lips. She swallowed hard. Jessica, on the other hand, was completely unaware of Yoona’s being uncomfortable.

“Open your eyes.”

Yoona listened obediently. Jessica squeezed the bottle and few drops fell into Yoona’s eyes.

“It hurts?”

“No but it burns a little.”

“Hang on, I’ll wipe the excess away.”

Jessica wiped gently and then repeated the same thing on the other eye. Yoona was forced to hold her breath. For some reason, Jessica’s face was in a close proximity. Yoona finally realized how y Jessica was from way she was.

“Okay, we’re done.”

Yoona quickly get up and ran back into her room. Her heart was going to explode.

“What’s wrong with this girl? Not a word of thanks at all!”

Jessica was too dense to realize that Yoona’s face was turning red so quickly.

“DAMN! WHAT’S GOING ON?! WHY WERE HER LIPS CALLING OUT FOR MINE?!”

Yoona was literally dying.

-

Seohyun came to visit Yoona at Jessica’s place. Hyoyeon informed her of the address. Yoona had forgotten about their appointment.

“Hey, I’m sorry! I have totally forgotten!”

“It’s okay. I thought something happened to you. Are your eyes okay now? I was shocked when Hyoyeon unnie told me that you hurt your eyes.”

“They’re fine now. Thanks for your concern.”

Seohyun smiled widely. The lady brought something with her – tiffin carriers.

“I cooked you something. These are good for your eyes.”

“Oh, thanks!”

“I made enough for you and Jessica unnie.”

Jessica was sitting with them all the while; with her arms folded. She was watching the interaction between Seohyun and Yoona. Somehow she felt envious and a little annoyed that Seohyun was here with the tiffin carriers. Not only that, she cooked for Yoona as well.

“Jessica unnie, can I take some of your bowls and chopsticks?”

“You wait here. I will take them for you.”

Jessica needed an excuse to leave the two ladies alone. For some reason, she didn’t like to see Seohyun fussing over Yoona’s well-being. She brought Yoona back to her house so that she could take care of her.

“What the hell. Is she insulting me for not able to cook?”

Jessica grumbled under her breath but resigned to her fate.

“Who am I kidding? I cannot even cook porridge for nuts.”

She gathered her utensils and chopsticks from her drawer.  But she stopped at the kitchen way; Seohyun was leaning closer to Yoona. Suddenly her heart sank when she saw Seohyun kissing Yoona gently on her lips.

“What the heck!”

Jessica was somehow pissed at the sight of the two ladies kissing.

-

“Woah!”

Amber was stunned to find Jessica looking annoyed. Her face was cramping so much that Amber didn’t to say anything after that.

“Where’s Krystal?”

Jessica walked in even before Amber could invite her.

“She’s inside the room.”

“Who is it, baby?”

“Darling, you might want to come out now. Your sister’s here.”

“What?”

Krystal ran out of the room to find her sister sitting with her arms folder and legs crossed. She glanced to Amber who was already shrugging her shoulders. Amber was a little scared of Jessica anyway.

“What’s wrong, unnie?”

“I need fresh air.”

“All the way to my place?”

“Why? Are you two having now?”

Amber almost choked on her blueberries while Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Amber baby, do you mind if you could leave me and my sister alone for awhile?”

“I would love that!”

Amber ran back into the room with her bowl of blueberries. Jessica was amused.

“Is your girlfriend still afraid of me?”

“She’s terrified of you.”

“Why? Am I that fierce?”

“You came here with a black face. Even dogs would cower aside at the sight of your face.”

Jessica stared at her sister and Krystal swallowed hard.

“What’s wrong now? Who offended you?”

“They kissed at my place!”

“They?”

“That two stupid women! How dare they kiss under my roof!”

“Who is kissing who?”

“Yoona and this girl, Seohyun!”

Krystal was smirking away.

“This Yoona girl came up again.”

“Shut up.”

“Why are you so pissed off?”

“I don’t know. I just hate to see her kissing that girl.”

“And why is that so?”

“How the hell I know? It just irked the hell out of me!”

Krystal shook her head. It was obvious to her that Jessica was jealous. But the lady herself didn’t realize it.

“Do you feel like tearing Yoona away from that girl?”

“Yes!”

“Okay, why didn’t you do it?”

“Are you insane? She’s my enemy!”

“So, if she’s your enemy, why are you so annoyed that she’s kissing someone else?”

Jessica’s eyes grew larger.

“You might want to find out that for yourself, unnie.”

Damn, what the hell did just happened?

-

“Seohyun kissed me.”

“Wow!”

“No, it’s not that wow to me.”

“Wait, did you respond back to the kiss?”

“No, I stopped it.”

“Why?”

“I heard a door slam and Jessica was out of sight.”

“My boss saw you both kissing?!”

“Yeah, and I don’t feel good after that.”

“Is it because of Jessica?”

“I don’t know. But my heart was telling me to stop kissing Seohyun before I regret something.”

Soo Young was staring blankly at Yoona.

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Maybe because I still love Yuri?”

Soo Young nodded but she knew better.

“Stupid Yoona! You’re in love with Jessica too, you dimwit!”

Soo Young whispered silently in her heart.

-

Taeyeon was driving around town and stopped by for an ice cream. She was about to pay when she saw a familiar figure. She was drinking.

“I’ll eat it here. I’ll join the lady over there.”

“Yes Miss.”

Taeyeon moved her way towards the familiar lady. She sat beside her.

“Jessica Jung?”

Jessica turned to her left.

“Taeyeon? What are you doing here?”

“I was visiting my friends. What are you doing across town?”

“My sister lives here.”

“Ah, I see. And why are you drinking?”

She saw a pint of Paulener beer in front of Jessica.

“Just for fun.”

“You’re feeling down?”

“Not really, just feel like letting my system loose for a while.”

“Did you drive here?”

“Yeah, but I left my car at my friend’s place.”

“How many glasses have you drunk?”

“Two.”

“I’ll send you home later.”

“It’s okay, I can still make it.”

“No, two glasses are bad enough. You’re not really a good drinker.”

“How do you know?”

“You’re obviously drunk. Why are you rubbing your hands against mine?”

“I’m feeling hot.”

“Jessica Jung, you’re drunk. I’ll send you home.”

Taeyeon paid for Jessica’s drinks and went home. She dragged the lady back into her car and drove her home.

-

“What happened?”

“She drank some beers. I saw her across town.”

“She went all the way there?”

“Yeah, she’s heavy. Where is she sleeping?”

“Here.”

Yoona led Taeyeon who was dragging an intoxicated Jessica in her arms into the room. There was only one room. Taeyeon put her down.

“I’ll leave her in your care.”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Here, her stuff. I’ll visit her tomorrow morning.”

“Okay, thanks Taeyeon.”

After Taeyeon left, Yoona quickly took a warm towel and made a glass of tea. She went inside to check on Jessica who was already deep in her slumber. Yoona wiped the warm towel over Jessica’s face.

Suddenly Jessica spoke something.

“This is insane..”

“Huh? Jessica, are you waking up?”

“Why am I hurting so much?”

“Jessica?”

“Why must Tiffany leave me? Doesn’t she love me?”

Yoona’s eyes were downcast. Jessica misses Tiffany.

“Don’t cry, Jessica.”

She saw tears falling from the corner of Jessica’s eyes.

“I’m here. You’re not alone, Jessica.”

Yoona was sincere in her words.

-