Chapter 23

The Old & The New

“Where is she?!”

Jessica ran hysterically around the airport.  Soo Young and Hyoyeon were checking Yoona’s flight at the counter while Yuri hung on to Jessica.

“Calm down, Jessica. Soo Young’s checking with the airlines.”

Jessica spotted Soo Young and pulled herself away from Yuri’s grip. She ran towards Soo Young and Yuri was pushing Tiffany’s wheelchair; rushed up towards Soo Young as well.

“Did the passenger go on board the plane?”

“Let me check, Miss Choi.”

“Hurry up!”

Jessica was panicking and the officer was a little annoyed.

“We’re checking now, Maam. You don’t have to rush us.”

“This is important! My girlfriend is leaving me!”

“Jessica, calm down.”

Soo Young motioned Yuri to pull her away.  Yuri pulled Jessica away.

“Let me go!”

“Calm down and let the officer do her job. We’ll go that side okay?”

Surprisingly, Jessica didn’t rebel. Tiffany wheeled herself closer to her and took her hand. Jessica allowed Tiffany to hold her; she didn’t move away. The exes didn’t talk and Yuri stood further away to them; not wanting to provoke Jessica further. Meanwhile Soo Young returned with Hyoyeon with a sullen face. Jessica knew Yoona was on board the plane.

“She’s on the plane.”

Jessica sighed.

“She’s leaving me.”

“Maybe she needs time to think some things through.”

“Don’t try to make me feel better. I was the one who pushed her away.”

“Jessica, you can always find her. We know where she’s heading to.”

Tiffany spoke up. Jessica turned to look at her.

“You’re right, Tiffany. What am I doing?”

Tiffany smiled.

“You’re just anxious. I understand how you feel. Let’s see if you can book the next available flight out. I’m sure your friend in US is willing to help.”

“She’s going to meet her ex-girlfriend.”

“I understand but she left her ex for you, right?”

“Fany...”

“Don’t think so much. Let’s just check with the airlines. You must continue to fight on. Don’t give up.”

“It hurts for you, right?”

The rest of the girls were awkward and Tiffany was smiling away.

“It does but your heart belongs to Yoona now.”

“Tiffany..”

“Don’t worry so much, Jessica. I’ll be fine.”

Jessica nodded her head and then turned to Soo Young. She pulled the taller girl closer and hugged her tightly. Hyoyeon looked on; she knew Jessica needed someone and Soo Young was her closest subordinate in the office.

“Tiffany’s right. Don’t despair. I’m sure you and Yoona will be fine somehow.

-

JETI’s PAST

Jessica requested Tiffany to stay with her.  She didn’t want to be alone and Tiffany relented. Jessica even allowed Yuri to hang around at her place to help Tiffany move around. Jessica just needed someone to be with her.

“I’ll go out and buy some dinner for us. What do you want to eat, Tiffany?”

“Anything will do, Yuri.”

“Then Jessica? What should I get for her?”

“I can share with her. She doesn’t eat a lot.”

“Okay, I won’t take long. I’ll be back soon.”

“Just be careful, Yuri.”

Yuri nodded and leaned closer. She gave a soft peck on Tiffany’s cheeks but she was surprised when Tiffany gave hers on her lips instead.

“Be safe, Yuri.”

Yuri smiled and left quickly. Jessica was in her bedroom when she saw the shared kiss between Yuri and Tiffany. It didn’t hurt her that much but she couldn’t help but reminiscing about her past moments with Tiffany. She joined Tiffany in the living room after Yuri left her house.

“You’re getting well with Yuri.”

Tiffany was startled to hear Jessica’s voice just behind her. She turned to find her ex sitting comfortably on the sofa.

“She has been there for me.”

Jessica nodded.

“Sica, I know you wanted to be there for me.”

“Well, you’re right. I may not be strong enough to be there for you.”

“Jessica, don’t say that.”

“Just look what happened to me at the airport. I mean the problem can be solved immediately. I could have just booked the next flight out just like what I did just now.”

Tiffany smiled.

“Sometimes when it comes to love, we can get really muddle-headed at times. But you have other strengths that make you different from anyone else.”

Jessica laughed.

“I’m an ice princess, remember?”

“But you’re the warmest ice princess in this world.”

“I miss you, Tiffany. I really miss you so much.”

Tiffany nodded.

“I miss you too, Jessica.”

-

“Baby, remember our dinner date tonight!”

“Jessica Jung, the whole world can hear you now.”

“What? You put me on speaker again?!”

“Well I have to. I’m rushing my reports. I’m busy typing something.”

“Oh well, HI EVERYONE!”

“HI SICA!”

Tiffany’s colleagues screamed into the phone. Tiffany rolled her eyes at them before picking up her phone. She went into the pantry and sat on the sofa.

“Hey baby, I’m far away from the crazy morons.”

“Haha, they teased you?”

“No, they’re busybodies.”

“I miss you sweetie!”

“I miss you more. Are you eating now?”

“Yes, aren’t you too? Hey, you’re not eating! You’re still working!”

“No, I bought something along the way, remember? I’m eating and working at the same time.”

“Baby, you need to stop to rest.”

“I will rest in awhile, okay? My client’s coming over after lunch.”

“You promise?”

“Yes, I promise.”

“Who’s your client anyway?”

“A hospital director with his team of physiotherapies – they are interested in getting new therapy equipments. So we’re doing some quotation for them.”

“Okay then. I’ll see you at dinner!”

“Sure, I love you baby!”

“Love you too!”

-

“Tiffany, where are you?”

Jessica was waiting at the restaurant for Tiffany. She was an hour late.

“I’m rushing over now. I’m reaching in 10 minutes.”

“Why are you so late? Did you forget about the dinner again?”

“No, I was held up with something. I’ll see you okay?”

But Jessica Jung was already fuming mad. She could see Tiffany running through the crowd just outside of the restaurant and the moment their eyes met, Jessica was looking away; she was really pissed off.

Tiffany knew she was in trouble but she was aware that she was at fault. She quickly went up to her girlfriend and tried to pacify her. Well, Jessica Jung wasn’t exactly an ice princess. Her heart was warm.

“I’m sorry, baby.”

“You’re an hour late!”

“I know, forgive me! Dinner is on me tonight, okay?”

“Do you know what day it is today?”

Tiffany bit her lower lip. She was clueless.

“Today is the 500th day we fell in love with each other.”

Tiffany just stared blankly at her girlfriend. She didn’t know her baby was keeping count of the days.

“Today is a special day. I wanted to spend the whole evening with you.”

“We can still do that.”

“But you’re already an hour late and you’ll go home in like half an hr’s time. Today is a weekday not a weekend. You know your rules.”

Jessica was pouting her lips and Tiffany felt bad. She was feeling extremely bad. She stood up and went over to her girlfriend’ side and put her arms around the upset girl’s shoulders. She then tilted slightly to give a soft kiss on Jessica’s left cheek.

“I’m sorry.”

“We hardly have time for one another ever since you got busy at your new company.”

“I’m sorry, sweetheart. I’ll spend more time with you.”

“I’m not angry that you’re busy. I’m upset that you’re not making an effort to spend time with me.”

Tiffany turned herself around before kneeling in front of her girlfriend. Jessica was staring at her and people were watching them as well but Tiffany couldn’t care less. She rose on her knees before cupping her hands around Jessica’s cheeks. She pulled her closer and gave Jessica a soft lingering kiss on the lips. Jessica was surprised. Tiffany was not the type to show affection openly.

“I’m sorry for ruining tonight. But don’t worry, I’ll spend the whole night with you.”

“Don’t you have to work tomorrow?”

Tiffany smiled widely. She took her phone and dialled a certain number. Jessica was just looking on. Their foods were already been served on their table.

“Hey boss, it’s me Tiffany. Listen, I need to take a day off tomorrow morning. Is that okay?”

Jessica’s eyes grew larger.

“Yes, I need to recharge myself. So is that okay with you? Oh, great! Thanks! I’ll see you the day after tomorrow then! Bye!”

Tiffany hung up her phone and Jessica was staring at her with wide open.

“There, I got myself free tomorrow.”

Tiffany gave Jessica the sweetest eye-smile.

“Oh, Tiffany! You’re the best!”

Jessica leaned forward and pulled her girlfriend in her arms. They embraced each other tightly before Tiffany whispered softly in her ears.

“I love you, Jessica Jung.”

“I love you too, Tiffany Hwang.”

-

Jessica was flipping her magazine. Tiffany was showering and her phone was just beside Jessica on the bed. Her phone rang but Jessica didn’t bother about it. It finally stopped and then a beep sound could be heard. Jessica pulled away her magazine to find a name in Tiffany’s message inbox – Kwon Yuri.

“Kwon Yuri?”

The name sounded familiar to Jessica but she didn’t take heed. She respected Tiffany’s privacy and just picked up the phone and put it on the side table. Just then, Tiffany was coming out from the bathroom with her hair bundled up in a towel. Jessica grinned as she lowered her gaze down to the mid-way area.

“Like what you see?”

Tiffany was teasing her. Tiffany wore her almost-transparent lingerie which Jessica bought for her for the occasion. Jessica nodded her head like an eager little child.

“Come over here! Quickkllyyyy~”

Jessica’s ageyo would only be witnessed by Tiffany and nobody else. Tiffany was surprised at first but now she was enjoying it. She sashayed her hips towards Jessica before crawling towards Jessica like as though she was her prey on the bed.

The moment she reached Jessica, the girl didn’t wait any longer. She crashed her lips against Tiffany’s and they were moving in sync; in and out as Tiffany tightened her grip around Jessica’s waist.

“You’re so ing gorgeous; you know that, Tiffany Hwang?”

Tiffany grinned. She just narrowed her eyes before nibbling Jessica’s neck sensually. Jessica was slightly and Tiffany pushed her girlfriend down to the bed. They were staring at each other with sly and cunning smiles on their lips. They were about to get down to business when suddenly Tiffany’s phone rang. Tiffany searched for her phone.

“Can it wait?”

“Did it ring just now?”

“Yes it did.”

“Oh , I need to answer that. Give me a minute.”

Tiffany grabbed her phone and immediately went out of the room. Jessica was frustrated.

-

“Who is this Kwon Yuri?”

Jessica was annoyed. Tiffany has been chatting with Kwon Yuri on her phone for the past few weeks.

“What?”

“This Kwon Yuri, who is this person?”

“Did you look at my phone?”

“I don’t look. Her name kept blinking on your phone when you were in the bathroom.”

Tiffany bit her lower lip.

“Are you cheating on me?”

“No, she’s my client.”

“Really? Client calls after office hours?”

“She’s one of the physiotherapies from the hospital. She’s representing her boss since we know each other.”

“You knew her?”

Jessica suddenly remembered Tiffany’s ex-girlfriend.

“Your ex-girlfriend?!”

“Jessica, we’re over. I love you now.”

“Wow, and now she’s conveniently your client now?!”

Tiffany knew she was in trouble. HellSica has just appeared.

-

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Tiffany, I don’t need your apologies. I need to know the reason why you’re leaving me!”

“I don’t have feelings for you anymore.”

“Is this because of Yuri?!”

“No, it has nothing got to do with her. It’s just us. We keep fighting every day.”

“You’ve changed! You’re so busy with your client that you’ve forgotten about your girlfriend!”

“I admit that. I admit that I’ve changed. But you’re forever suspecting me for every little thing that I do! I’m getting tired of it!”

“So you’re blaming me now?!”

“Who else could I blame to? You obviously don’t believe me anymore! If you don’t trust me, what’s the point of being together?!”

“Tiffany!”

“I’m sorry, Jessica. It’s over.”

Tiffany left immediately; leaving the broken hearted Jessica behind. Jessica couldn’t understand the reason why Tiffany left. What did she do wrong? If she has made mistakes, shouldn’t Tiffany tell her instead of running away?

Jessica cried her heart out for the whole night.

-

“Jessica, dinner’s here.”

“Huh?”

“Yuri bought us food. Let’s grab a bite. You haven’t eaten for the whole day.”

“But I’m not hungry.”

“You still have to eat. Your flight is tomorrow afternoon. I’m sure Yoona will be fine.”

Tiffany was persuasive enough. Well, Tiffany has this effect on Jessica where the older girl couldn’t hold against. Tiffany has hidden control on Jessica’s feelings. Even when Tiffany wasn’t trying, her words could influence Jessica in many different ways.

“Let’s go?”

Tiffany stretched her hand out; gesturing Jessica to grab hold of it. Jessica followed through and both girls went into the kitchen. Yuri was already sitting in the living room; she wanted to give some peace for the two ex-lovers.

“Why is Yuri sitting there?”

“She said she wanted to watch some TV but I know she’s just giving us the space.”

Tiffany pulled the table closer to her as Jessica sat on her opposite. She saw her favourite food.

“You still remember what I like to eat?”

“I couldn’t forget you, Jessica even if I wanted to. It was just so difficult to do so.”

“Tiffany, can I ask you a question?”

“What is it?”

Jessica bit her lower lip.

“Did you mean it when you said you don’t love me anymore when you initiated a break up with me?”

Tiffany looked up immediately. Jessica was looking away. Tiffany put her chopsticks down and wheeled herself closer to Jessica. She held Jessica’s hands tightly.

“It hurt so much to say those words out to you. I love you so much. But to tell you the opposite felt like someone just ripped my heart out instantly. Walking away from you felt like I was walking through hell. It wasn’t easy for me after that, Jessica. My life turned upside down.”

Jessica pressed her forehead against Tiffany’s.

“Then why did you do it? Why did you leave me? Don’t you realize how much pain you and I are in now? And do you realize that we have inflicted two other innocent people into this?”

Tiffany knew who Jessica was referring to – Yuri and Yoona.

“I realized it now. If not for me, all the four of us wouldn’t be hurting like this.”

“And now you’re letting me go, again?”

“I’ve never harbour hopes of returning to you. I just wanted you to move on with your life and find someone who could love you the way you wanted her to – just like Yoona.”

“But I pushed her away.”

“Jessica, she’s not leaving you. She just needed some time alone.”

“I hope so, Tiffany. I really hope so.”

But something happened. Something really bad had to happen.

“TIFFANY! JESSICA! YURI! OPEN UP THE DOOR!”

Soo Young and Hyoyeon were just outside of their apartment. Yuri quickly rushed to open as the other two girls ran into the living room. Soo Young was horrified.  Jessica was surprised to see Taeyeon as well.

“What is going on?”

“Jessica!”

Taeyeon ran forward towards Jessica and hugged her tightly. Jessica was confused.

“Taeyeon, what’s wrong with you?”

Hyoyeon took the remote control and turned to the news programme instead.  There was news report of a plane crashed into the sea. Yuri’s eyes grew larger. Jessica was staring intently at the flight number. Tiffany was horrified.

“Wait, is that...isn’t that Yoona’s flight number?”

“Jessica, we’ll be here.”

“No..NO...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOONA! NO NO! YOU CANNOT LEAVE ME BEHIND! YOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Without any reason or rhyme, the night sky burst into tears. It was raining heavily. It seems like heaven was crying for some reason; just like how Jessica Jung broke down for the second time that day.

-

 

 

I know I’m pure evil.

But it’s not always bed and roses in my stories.

:)

Have fun.