Chapter 28

The Old & The New

Yuri turned back for the last time. The other girls were urging her to go in. She did “YOU DIE” signal to Yoona. The younger lady rolled her eyes.

“Go in!”

“Hang on! I need to take a deep breath!”

“Fine!”

The plan was simple. Yuri had to break the news to Jessica. And then the girls would walk in; one by one so that Jessica would not suspect anything. Yuri took a deep breath and shook her hands. Her palms were sweaty.

“Are you sure this going to work?”

Taeyeon suddenly had cold feet.

“Taeyeon, you just need to look solemn. Your role is the simplest!”

“But it’s Jessica! She might see through me. I’m a dork.”

“Then try to look serious. Avoid staring into her eyes.”

“Hyoyeon, you can just act stupid.”

“Thanks baby. You think highly of me.”

“Well, your words might give us away.”

“Soo Young unnie’s right.”

“Im Yoona, I’m going to complain to Seohyun!”

Yoona rolled her eyes.

“I guess my role is the hardest.”

Tiffany spoke up after a long silence. Yoona turned to her.

“But don’t worry; I can do it!”

“Is this going to work?”

Soo Young asked.

“I hope so. I need to know what’s on her mind. I don’t care if she’s going to kill me. I just need to hear that she loves me now.”

Yoona didn’t want to do this but her heart was broken before. She was just protecting her heart.

Meanwhile Yuri was slowly opening the door. She looked in; the living room was empty. She frowned for a bit before looking back. The girls were giving her the questioning look.  She was about to tell them nobody was home when someone appeared in front of her.

“WOAH!”

Yuri and the stranger jumped on the spot immediately. Yuri felt like her heart was going to explode. She glanced to the back; the girls were no longer there.

“Idiots.”

She hissed under her breath.

“Pardon?”

“Huh, it’s nothing. Who are you?”

“I’m Amber. Jessica’s sister’s girlfriend.”

Yuri looked on when suddenly another lady appeared beside Amber. Yuri was captured by her beauty for a second before she shook her head hard.

“Amber, who’s this?”

“I have no idea.  I heard noises so I went out. She was opening the door.”

The three girls stared at each other blankly before the pretty girl introduced herself.

“Hi, I’m Krsytal. I’m Jessica’s sister.”

“Oh, I’m Yuri.”

“Yuri?”

Krystal found the name familiar. Amber introduced herself again and Yuri shook hands with her. Krsytal suddenly gasped.

“You’re the one who stole my sister’s girlfriend!”

“Huh?”

“You stole Tiffany unnie!”

Before Yuri could react, Krystal jumped on her. Chaos ensued.

-

“What the.”

The girls outside was stunned when they witnessed Yuri was struggling and a young lady on her back screaming at her.

“Who’s that?!”

Yoona quickly asked.  The crazy girl was strangling Yuri.

Tiffany’s eyes grew larger.

“Oh my god, that’s Krystal!”

“Who?”

“That’s Jessica’s sister!”

Tiffany quickly wheeled out with the rest of the girls tagging from behind. The surprise didn’t go according to plan. They had to rescue Yuri.

-

Yuri was still coughing. Krystal really gripped her neck tightly earlier on. Tiffany was hugging her.

“Tiffany unnie, what’s wrong with your legs? Why are you on the wheelchair?”

Krystal stopped when Tiffany appeared in front of her. Yuri quickly ran away from her; hiding behind Tiffany.

“Krystal, it’s a long story. I know you’re mad with me for leaving your sister. But it’s not Yuri’s fault.”

Krystal glared at Yuri; the lady cowered to her side. Tiffany went on telling her story and Krystal was staring blankly at her.

“You what?!”

Krystal stood up immediately but Amber managed to hold her tightly.

“Easy, baby.”

“Oh my god, are you insane? You should know how much my sister loves you!”

“I know but I couldn’t let her share this burden with me.”

“But my sister is equally stupid too.”

Everyone was surprised when Krystal said that.

“She’s in love with this girl called Yoona but she kept denying it.”

“You know about Yoona?”

Krystal nodded.

“But I’ve not seen the person yet.”

Soo Young turned to Yoona who nudged her with her knees.

“And now the lady’s dead.”

Yoona rolled her eyes.

“Er, Jessica told you?”

“I rushed all the way here. She left me a message that scared the out of me. You can ask Amber. I went with Amber for awhile because our car wouldn’t start.”

Tiffany turned to Amber and the girl nodded her head.

“What did she say?”

“She said she wants to die because the person she loves so much left her behind.”

Yoona’s heart skipped a beat when she heard that. Jessica gave up on her life the moment she knew Yoona could have perished in the plane crash. Everybody except for Krystal and Amber was staring at Yoona.

“Fany unnie, do you know who Yoona is?”

Krystal was hoping Tiffany would know.

“Yes, I do. Krystal, I need you to stay calm.”

“Why? Is she really dead?!”

Krystal’s eyes grew larger.

“Actually she’s not really dead.”

Krystal and Amber stared blankly at Tiffany.

“What?”

Yuri pulled Yoona by the shirt collar and flung her towards Krystal. Yoona glared at her before smiling sheepishly at Krystal.

“Who is this?”

Everyone was staring at Yoona. Amber’s eyes grew larger. And Krystal finally understood.

“WAIT! YOU’RE YOONA?!”

“Er, yes.”

“YOU’RE NOT DEAD!”

Yoona rolled her eyes for the hundredth time. Everybody has been cursing her to death.

“No, I’m still very much alive.”

“OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

-

Jessica opened her eyes to find her room was empty. Her sister and her girlfriend were not in the room. She got out from her bed and turned to look at the time. It was close to 12 midnight.

“How long have I been sleeping?”

Jessica mumbled to herself. Despite that, she still felt tired. Well, she wasn’t really tired. She was just losing her energy; her soul and even her own life because Yoona was no longer around with her.

“Yoona....”

Jessica’s tears immediately brimmed in her eyes. Just a mere thought of Yoona could bring so many tears to her eyes. She wiped them away as she made her way out of the room.  She opened her room door and realized her living room was empty as well. The lights were off.

“Where’s everybody?”

Jessica wondered. She felt a little hungry so she went to the kitchen to make herself some sandwiches. Finally she could hear the door opening. She peeked out of her kitchen doorway and saw Yuri walking in with Tiffany.

“Jessica, you’re awake?”

“Yeah, where have you been? And did you see my sister?”

“Unnie....”

Krystal came in with Amber. All of them looked solemn. Jessica’s heart sank.

“What’s wrong? Where were you girls from? How come you are together?”

Amber looked at Krystal; Krystal looked at Yuri and Yuri turned to Tiffany. They were waiting for each other to speak up. Jessica was losing her patience. In fact, she was terrified. She decided to start with Amber.

“Amber, speak up.”

“Huh?”

“I’m waiting.”

Krystal was so damn right. Jessica would pick the weakest and Amber was chosen.

“WHAT?!”

Krystal stood up again; she was ready to pounce on Yoona but Amber pulled her back.

“Why would you want to do that? That’s a nasty prank!”

“I just wanted to know how much she loves me.”

“She wanted to die with you. Isn’t that good enough?”

“She pushed me away. She said mean things. I was hurt too.”

Krystal bit her lower lip. Yoona told her the whole story from the reason why she wanted to leave and why she wasn’t on the plane. She knew her sister’s stupid temper might hurt others.

“You do know my sister is going to kill you if she finds out.”

“Oh my god, why does everyone keep reminding me that?”

“She’s pretty much ready to get killed anyway.”

Soo Young spoke up. Krystal thought about it for a moment and then grinned.

“You know what, you’re right. My sister deserved to be taught a lesson.”

“Krystal, you’re equally evil!”

Krystal rolled her eyes.

“Oh come on, you’re more evil. You could kill my sister!”

“Okay, let’s not drag this any longer. Can we just end this prank quickly? I don’t feel good about this.”

“Oh, Yuri unnie!”

Yuri turned to look at Krystal.

“I’m sorry about the strangling marks around your neck.”

Yuri smiled and Tiffany pulled her closer into her embrace. Krystal was smiling away. She finally understood the reason why Tiffany left her sister. Maybe her destiny was not with Tiffany. She turned to look at Yoona.

“You.”

She pointed at Yoona. Yoona looked at her.

“Do you really love my sister?”

Yoona didn’t wait any second.

“I love her to death.”

Krystal was impressed. So the girls planned what to do. Yuri was appalled that they would still go ahead with the prank. But she was glad she was not going to play the main role.

“My sister’s going to target Amber.”

“Why?”

“My coward girlfriend is terrified of her.”

Amber rolled her eyes.

“Okay, then let Amber do the talking.”

“WHAT? NO! I’m going to stutter all the way!”

“That’s good! You’re always stuttering in front of her, baby.”

“Krystal Jung, are you really going to sell me away?!”

“Don’t worry; we could always blame Yoona unnie for this.

Yoona raised her hands up in exasperation. Everybody was determined to see Yoona dead.

-

“Er, we received a call from Soo Young. I believe you know her.”

Jessica was staring at her. Amber swallowed hard but Krystal nudged her to carry on.

“She...she..errr... told us to rush to the airport earlier on.”

Amber’s forehead was already sweating. Krystal, Tiffany and Yuri were watching Jessica’s reaction.

“And...?”

Jessica’s voice quivered. She was hoping not to hear any bad news even though she knew it was possible that Yoona has left her forever.

“They cannot find Yoona...”

But even before Amber could finish her sentence, Jessica wasn’t listening anymore.

Jessica fainted immediately.

-

“That was fast.”

“Kwon Yuri, why are you standing there for? Can you please help Amber?!”

The girls were shocked when Jessica fell to the floor.

“I’m feeling sorry for Jessica now.”

“We have no time to waste! We have to go to the next plan!”

“Oh my god, she’s heavy!”

“Shut up, Amber! That’s my sister!”

“Try carrying her then.”

“Ya, Amber! Hold on tightly!”

“I’m trying!!”

Tiffany called Yoona immediately.

“She fainted within seconds.”

“Huh?”

“Let’s just precede to the last plan. We will meet at Soo Young’s place!”

“Will she wake up soon?”

Krystal smirked.

“When she’s out cold, it will take hours before she’s conscious.”

“I’m not taking the risk! Quickly, get her into the car!”

The four girls were struggling so much.

“Oh my god, I feel like a criminal! We kinda kidnapped Jessica!”

“Amber, shut up and drive.”

It was so chaotic.

-

“This is crazy. Why am I doing this?”

Yoona had planned her own “funeral”. There was a photo of Yoona in a big frame and some candles burnt at the front of it. Yoona was grinning to herself.

“That’s the best photo!”

“You could still grin!? You’re doing your own “funeral”, you dimwit!”

Yoona ignored her and Soo Young gave up. She saw Taeyeon coming through the door with paper bags. Soo Young slapped her forehead.

“Taeyeon, what the hell!”

Taeyeon came back with snacks to make the funeral look genuine.

“We’re doing memorial service. What’s memorial service without food for the people visiting the dead?”

“The dead is still alive. And she’s smiling at her own damn “funeral”.”

Soo Young rolled her eyes when Yoona stuck her tongue out at her.

“I’m enjoying it!”

Hyoyeon wasn’t helping her girlfriend at all.

“Baby, you’re sadistic. I cannot say much about you.”

“Oh come on, chill. If Yoona really get killed by Jessica, this funeral might come in handy.”

“STOP CURSING ME!”

Soo Young gave up on the crazy ladies. She was just wondering why she was dragged into this in the first place.

-

“Why are we here?”

Jessica finally regained her conscious. The girls were waiting for her to wake up.

“We’re at Soo Young’s place.”

Jessica was terrified.

“We’re attending Yoona’s funeral service.”

Jessica went berserk.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-