Dancing On My Own

Because Of You

Author’s POV:

The tall boy was standing in the door frame with a glare, he sigh and turn to his right behind the open door. The slim silhouette behind the door shook her head while tears start to form again. He turn to the other slim figure in front of him and try to hold his anger.

“She doesn’t want to see you…please, at least give her that” The tall boy close the door and sigh to her little sister, the one who was already crying in silence

He hold her and turn to see his girlfriend, her girlfriend grab the little girl’s hand and lead her to her room while trying to sooth her. The tall boy sigh for third time and sit on the floor for a moment. It seem like everything turn around and become a parallel universe where the supposed to last where now broken.

Outside the door, the other boy stood still trying to feel his feet again but they seem so numb after walking from his house to her house. He slowly turn around and start making his way to a unknown destination. He walk and walk until he got to a familiar place to him, in front of him was a dance studio.

He got in and without losing a moment he look for an available room. The moment he got it he made his way towards the speakers and turn them on hoping to find something on the radio but he found nothing. He turn to his right and found a cd on the floor, he put it trying to find music to distract his mind of the tornado of guilt and sadness. All the week he have tried to talk to his ex girlfriend but she always got away from him, she seem so fine while been in front of her friends and her family but when she saw him she got sad and upset.

The destiny somehow decide to make him take out all of his emotion out the moment the song start to play…it was somehow the way he feel.

My friend started talking about seeing you the other day,
and without a reason, I got mad when he said you were doing well.
I might have been wanting for you to still be unhappy because of me.


Recently, without even knowing it, I've been listening to the song
we always used to listen to together. Being locked inside our old memories,
tonight is a night when I start missing you for no apparent reason.


I was too young back then, love was too hard,
that's why I kept on trying to avoid you. I became a burden,
and I became a complaint... in the end, making you cry.

 

He continue to dance, making moves and jumps, trying to get himself physically tired so that way his body will pair with his mind. He didn’t stop moving until the song end. So he decide to put it again and again.

After today passes, you're just a dust that will disappear.
What is love? If I look sad, my tears are just an act, just like drifting smoke.
Once it becomes tomorrow, it will be like nothing happened
and I will start the day off by forgetting about you.
I'll just wish for you to be happy as I stay here smiling, praying for you.

 

He caught the attention of some people who know him. They try to approach him and talk to him so he could get a rest but he push them away with coldness. All of them wonder why he was acting like that, so different from his normal self.

Do you happen to remember the time we first met?
When you looked at me filled with a pure, innocent smile. Sauvignon Blanc.
And the pointless obedience I sent back at you,
then the endless moves I made on you, even though the reality was that
our destiny was to end up being parted. My last resentment.

Just in time, there's a story I can relate to coming from the radio.
They're feeling the same way I do, and I wonder to myself,
"Could this be you?" but I end up falling asleep.
Time goes by so quickly and I wonder if you're doing well...

I was too young back then, love was too hard,
that's why I tried to run away. I became a burden,
and I became a complaint... but it's too late now.

 

There were was more than one time he fell to the floor and get up again. He seem to be punish himself for some reason. He just continue dancing and dancing.

The only thought on his mind was to take all of his emotions and pour them the only way he could manage to do.

After today passes, you're just a dust that will disappear.
What is love? If I look sad, my tears are just an act, just like drifting smoke.
Once it becomes tomorrow, it will be like nothing happened
and I will start the day off by forgetting about you.
I'll just wish for you to be happy as I stay here smiling, praying for you.

 

He’s been attending to the dance studio for two weeks straight like a religion. After school he has been coming straight to dance and perform the same choreography he made the last day he try to talk to Sully. He give up and thought that when the right moment come he and her will talk. He just want to say something, the thought of asking forgiveness had disappeared when he find asking himself the question of “Will you forgive her if she had done that to you?”

The only difference is that some friends of him were there, even Key was there. He was surprised to see him there, somehow helping him to find redemption for himself after what Key had scream to him before.

“Taemin what were you thinking? Don’t you know how fragile she is?”

He look at himself, all tired with bag under his eyes, somehow with these kind of ‘ugly’ look he feel happier.

If ever there is a time when we meet each other on the streets again,
I hope that we'll meet smiling happily with another person by our side. So long...

After today passes, you're just a dust that will disappear.
What is love? If I look sad, my tears are just an act, just like drifting smoke.
Once it becomes tomorrow, it will be like nothing happened
and I will start the day off by forgetting about you.
I'll just wish for you to be happy as I stay here smiling, praying for you.

The song end as the dance, he was sweating or crying, he didn’t know, he didn’t care.

He feel so relief, he turn to see his fellow dancers clap their hands and hug each other for such a great choreography. But one of them just stood there, it was Key, he was looking at the door. Taemin turn and found Sully standing there with a beautiful blue dress. She seem to be ready to go out. She just enter to the room and stood awkwardly in front of him.

“I’m ready to talk…I’m ready to forget you” those words seem the words that Taemin have been waiting for so long.

Sully’s POV:

After Key told me that Taemin has been dancing without stop I feel sad, he only does that when he is depressed. But I knew somehow it wasn’t the same depression I feel.

“Explain” I demand coldly towards him

“There’s no explanation in fact, I start feeling like we were more like friends than a couple. You never got jealous and I never got jealous. I guess Fei was just a slip but I keep with it, I knew that when you find out you will break up with me. I guess that what I’m trying to say is that I sabotage our relationship because I feel like we were sinking and I didn’t want to stay there when the boat was sinking” He explain and then sigh

I look at him and saw the thing I’ve been thinking all these time:

He was acting cold towards me because he was seen someone else. We seem friends because we just to be friends before been a couple, we always meant to be just friends. Somehow I knew this, the hugs and kisses feel somehow too familiar…too friendly

“I know you don’t expect forgiveness but I forgive you, because if I don’t forgive you I want be able to forget you, you will be like a loosen burden” I said softly

“I understand” he reply to me

“But…you need to know that there was a time when I really love you Sully, it just…I suddenly lost the moment and found myself in the dark” He look at me with sad eyes

“We’ll be okay, you’ll be okay…I’ll be okay…After all, we still can be friends” I said with a bitter taste

“You have never been good lying Sully…but it’s okay…my brother is going to work at South, I decide to go with him. I’m already transferred to the school there. I will have to repeat the grade but its okay” He grab the back of his neck

“Then I guess this is goodbye” I found myself feeling sad

“Let’s say…so long” He reply with a cute smile

He look at me and I look at him, we understood each other so well, after all we just to be best friends.

I hug him tightly and he hug me too, I kiss his cheek and smile to him. He smile to me and give me a little box of his backpack. He kiss my forehead and made his way towards the door.

“I bought this for you, but I realize that I bought it for you and for someone you love…someone who deserve you…So long Sully” That was his last sentence

I open the box and found two couple rings, I smile softly and made my way towards the door too. I went outside the building and found CL and Minho holding hands and smiling.

“I’m back” I mumble

“Hey, are you okay?” CL ask me

“I will be” I reply and grab Minho’s arm and CL’s arm and start walking with them.

So long Taemin…I really hope we can be happy

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

So...you probably hate me for what I make Taemin do but this is part of the story line, we need some drama before everyone can be happy.

In other news you'll probably will hate me more with the next chapters so...sorry, promise this have a good explanation.

And keep coments guys, enjoy the chapter :D