I Can Do Better

Because Of You

Author’s POV:

Monday, the beginning of the week, the beginning of School, the beginning of something more sometimes.

Even if Krystal hates Mondays, this day was something special; she was going to see Amber at school after they acknowledge what they feel for each other. She was so excited, she even wake up early to make a surprise to Amber.

Amber couldn’t sleep because she was so excite thinking in Krystal, and how she can be better to be someone to deserve Krystal. The excitement didn’t let her sleep all night and she decides to get ready to school even earlier.

How something like a feeling, even if you barely knew the person can change the way you feel and the way you see the world.

Just a like a teenage dream

Krystal’s POV:

I woke up super early today, I was so excited for today, so I get ready for school early and decide to make a surprise for Amber, I start to make cookies, chocolate cookies, Amber’s favorites. Sully told me that.

After finish the cookies I went to my room for my backpack and I start my way to school.

I hope Amber like the cookies.

I arrive at school and get some stuff to my class; I went to my classroom and leave my thing in my place. I went to Amber’s classroom and wait for her. It didn’t take too much but Amber wasn’t alone.

Amber’s POV:

I was ready to school when I heard my uncle at the door. I run downstairs and found Sully and Minho in the living room. Tiffany was smiling to my uncle; my uncle left and a silence remain in the room.

“So, Amber is already awake Fanny?” Sully asked my sister

“Yes, she is, oh look she’s here. So how you spend your weekend Sully?” My sister sound uncomfortable

“It was good, we saw few movies. We eat ice cream and…I guess it was only that” Sully sound weird too.

“How was your date Amber?” Minho suddenly spoke

I just sigh, I know he’s mad, but honestly I couldn’t care less of how he feels, I’m happy and Krystal’s happy. That’s all that matters to me.

“Fine, thank you for asking Minho. Fanny I’m going to school already okay?” I said to Fanny but I was been stop from Minho

“We’re going to go with you and Sully, Jong and me. So you enjoy your date with Krystal? You guys didn’t have problems at the aquarium?” Minho’s voice was filled with a condescending tone.

“If you want to say something say it Minho” I was getting mad.

“Okay, is just wrong that you screw such a beautiful girl like Krystal and make her a lesb…” Minho didn’t finish the sentence

Jong was standing there at the stairs looking at Minho, I never saw Jong mad like that before. He walks towards me and Fanny, he kiss Fanny cheek and smile to her, then he grab me by the shoulder and he start leading to the door. I could feel Jong was protecting me. I start feeling bad, Minho was my cousin but he was hurting me.

“Don’t listen to him Am; he is just mad because Krystal doesn’t like him.” Jong explain to me.

“I’m just saying the truth Jong; don’t you think people will start talking? What Uncle Adam will say if people knew her daughter likes girls?” Minho keeps going with those comments

I feel like something get in my throat when he mentioned my dad’s name.

“Don’t you ing dare to talk about dad like you know him Minho” Jong threat Minho

“I really hope someone whip your Minho” Sully said.

I feel Sully grabbing my arm, I was feeling so sad, and what if dad doesn’t love me anymore because of this? What if mom feels bad for me?

I didn’t realize that we already were on school so I keep walking to my classroom, Minho didn’t speak until we were arriving at my classroom.

“I’m just saying, you’re not a boy Amber. It’s not right. What happen now? She’s going to cook for you?” Minho said but I ignore him

I enter my classroom and saw Krystal there with a something in her hands.

Krystal’s POV:

“Krys, what are you doing here?” Amber sound so weird, like mad

“I made you cookies” I said with a sorry tone

I saw her sad and saw the reason why coming next to her at the door. Minho standing there with Sully and Jong, Sully look annoyed while Jong looks pissed off.

“You shouldn’t Krys, but thank you” Amber give me a small smile

“I guess you don’t like surprises” I said to her.

I was going to leave when Amber grab my hand and whisper something in my ear.

“I don’t want to Minho say anything to you, please stay here” Amber whisper to me.

“That’s what I was talking about, is not normal can any of you see it?” Minho yell at us

I feel Amber shiver, she looks really mad. I’m going to kill Minho for making my baby upset right now; I’m going to do the only thing I know will make him go away.

I pull Amber closer to me and kiss her slowly at her lips, it wasn’t a passionate kiss or a playful kiss it was a sweet kiss to make her feel happy again and to shut Minho.

“Oh so cute, look Minho Krystal doesn’t care” I heard Sully said

“Minho can you please now forget the stupid subject?” Jong sound angry

I feel Amber smiling while I kiss her, so I broke up the kiss and turn to see the others.

“You’re so wrong” Minho said while looking at me

“Get it in your head, I don’t like you and I don’t care if you think I’m a freak, I like Amber, she’s my girlfriend and you can put all your stupid and close minded thoughts through your…” I was interrupted by Amber.

“Okay, that’s enough. Minho please I didn’t mean to hurt you, please stop doing this, go with Jong and forget this” Amber sound so sad

“You know what? I thought you were smarter Krystal; Amber is nothing compared to me and she knows that. If you want a real man I’m still here” Minho said and leave the classroom.

I saw Jong clenching his fist, he looks really scary and Sully was quiet and pale, maybe she was upset for how her brother act. I just saw Amber smiling weekly to me. I grab her face and kiss her again. I start giving her smart pecks in her lips, she start to laugh. I also hear Jong and Sully chuckles.

“I don’t care what he thinks, you’re way better than him, even after he treat you bad you still act nice to him. I’m proud to have someone like you by my side” I whisper to her.

“Thank you for the cookies” Amber said to me while smiling.

“I’m going to go now, I’ll see you later dino, Sully please don’t get upset, bye Krystal” Jong said and leave.

Sully look at me and smile sweetly, then she leaves too. I stay there with Amber in her classroom. I get this idea but

I don’t know if Amber will like it.

“Baby? Would you like to have a little picnic with the cookies?” I said to her

“When? Where?” She looks pretty confused

“We can skip classes today you know, I can give Sully my projects and it will be fine” I explain to her.

She looks sad, but then a smile come into her face, she grab my hand and we exit the classroom, we start walking to the lockers and we found Key, Luna and Taemin.

“Key, can you do me a favor?” Amber ask him

“Hi, yeah of course Amber. What do you want?” Key look so happy

I saw Luna giggling, I stare at her and then she couldn’t take it anymore.

“We know you two are a couple now! We’re so happy, we really like the idea!” Luna speak pretty loud

“How dou you guys know?” I was dumbfounded

“Well Dongwoon, my brother in law, told us. You were at the Aquarium” Luna explain cheerful

“Oh well thanks for liking the idea” I reply to her.

I look to Amber and found that Key was holding some notebooks now, she smile to me and ask me my things to give it to Taemin so he could give it to Sully. We start walking to the exit, because it was still early we didn’t have any kind of problems. I really want to make Amber feel better.

“Where are we going?” I ask her

“I know a small café where you can go to the roof to drink coffee and eat a delicious cake, I know the owner” she explain me

We walk at least an hour and we arrive to the café, it looks really good, we enter the place and smell so good.

“Hello, how can I serve you?...Oh Amber!, you shouldn’t supposed to be at school?” The woman said

“Yeah, but I need a time out. Hey this is my girlfriend Krystal, Krystal this is my cousin Yuri” Amber introduce me.

“Hi, nice to meet you” I said a little nervous

“Hi, you’re a lucky girl Amber, so you guys want to go to the roof?” Yuri ask us.

Amber’s POV:

I smile as saw Krystal a little nervous, but Yuri is not like Minho at all, actually she was so open minded, she never put a label on her, she likes boys and girls. She is my buddy.

“Hi, you’re a lucky girl Amber, so you guys want to go to the roof?” Yuri ask us.

 I smile again and look at Krystal, she look so happy, I feel so sad because of Minho but Krystal try to make me feel better, that’s why I want to make something for her. I nod to Yuri’s question and make eye contact with her.

“Okay, come with me.” Yuri smiles towards us

After a few minutes we were at the roof, it was really beautiful, me and Krystal seat by the edge to see the streets and buildings, I turn to see Yuri and smile to her.

“Oh, Amber can you please come to pick the cake you guys want and the drinks please?” Yuri ask me.

“Yeah, what flavor do you want baby?” I ask Krystal

“Mmm strawberry, and for drink I guess I drink what you drink” she reply to me sweetly

I chuckle at her answer, I grab a cookie and smile to her, and I start eating the cookie while going downstairs.

Wow!! Krystal is good at bakery stuff

I keep eating the cookie until Yuri pop-up from the kitchen. She was smiling so widely.

“She’s cute, I like her, and so what do you need?” Yuri speak quickly to me

“Ha ha, I know she is cute, she’s MINE, and I need a guitar please and…a strawberry cake with two cappuccinos with cinnamon” I explain to Yuri.

“Oh so romantic, I wish I could have someone like you in my life” Yuri said while she was going to find the guitar.

“I hope you found someone Yuri” I whisper more to myself

After a few minutes Yuri appears with the guitar, I make sure it was tuned. I take a deep breath and went to the roof.

“Hey baby I have a little surprise” I said to Krystal

“What?” She turn to see me

I see her eyes open wide, she look so shock. I just chuckle to her reaction and I seat at the chair in front of her, I smile to her and whisper.

“Krystal, I know I can do better…I know I’m better than Minho, I know I can make you happy…”

I start to play the guitar slowly; I still continue staring at Krystal she still was shocked. I feel happy suddenly. I make something that Minho never does: I exposed my heart.

Stop thinking about that dude, focus onKrystal

I laugh for a moment what make Krystal realize her reaction. She start to smile towards 
and move her chair even closer to mine. I really want to do this right so I just smile 
and start playing. I knew Krystal knows I was a bit insecure and the words weren’t my 
friends, but I hope that by singing how I feel she get it.
 
Krystal’s POV:

Amber looks really hot holding the guitar I feel like my face was starting to heat, I smile when I heard the quickly intro.

Breathe in for luck, breathe in so deep, this air is blessed, you share with me. This night is wild, so calm and dull, these hearts they race, from self control. Your legs are smooth, as they graze mine, we're doing fine, we're doing nothing at all.

I start to blush even more when I realize Amber was giving this sweet smile while singing, I start thinking I will melt any time soon.

My hopes are so high, that your kiss might kill me. So won't you kill me, so I die happy? My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry, whichever you prefer

I prefer to used your body like a blanket baby

The words are hushed let’s not get busted; just lay entwined here, undiscovered. Safe from the hour and all the stupid questions... "Hey did you get some?" man, that is so dumb. Stay quiet, stay near, stay close they can't hear... so we can get some.

I realize I wasn’t the only one with bad thoughts when I saw Amber make a y look while singing the last part of the verse

My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me. So won't you kill me, so I die happy? My heart is yours to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry, whichever you prefer.

I touch Amber’s cheek, I just touch her like trying to said to her I was really touched

Hands down this is the best date I can ever remember, always remember, the sound of the stereo, the dim of the soft lights, the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers and the time on the clock when we realized it's so late and this walk that we shared together.

I’m going to make you sure no forget this date

 The streets were wet and the gate was locked so I jumped it, and let you in. and you stood at your door with your hands on my waist and you kissed me like you meant it.

I remember how I kiss her before at the Aquarium; this song really has something special.

 And I knew that you meant it, that you meant it, that you meant it, and I knew, that you meant it, that you meant it.

I saw Amber start leaning towards me while singing the last verse; I feel my heart beating 
so fast I could say that he could rip my chest and runaway. I close my eyes slowly and I 
wait until our lips collide. It feels so right and so good. I realize that indeed I was 
already in love with Amber Liu.
 
“I love you Krystal” she whisper 
 
“I love you too Amber” I kiss her again
 
We start kissing but again we were interrupted by someone.
“Here’s your cake, I’m going to pretend that you weren’t try to eat each other a while ago,
 and here are the drinks. Amber Fanny call me and I told her, she told me that she and her 
friend Jessica will pick you and Krystal at 5, so you have many time to…love each other” 
Yuri said a little uncomfortable.
 
“Thank you so much Yuri, here´s the guitar” Amber’s voice sound so husky
 
“Thank you” I said too.
 
Yuri left, so Amber and I remain in silence for a moment. I knew it was my moment to make 
her feel better. I get up from my chair and I seat at her lap, I put my arms around her 
neck and make her look into my eyes.
 
“Don’t listen to Minho, you don’t have anything to worry, I won’t let anyone makes you sad. So smile baby koala, your princess ‘s never going to leave you” I said to her
 
I feel Amber hugging me by the waist and laugh. I love her laugh so much.
 
“Thank you so much baby, now let’s eat the cake” Amber sounds happier
 
“But I don’t want to move” I start pouting
 
“Nobody says anything about you moving Krys” Amber said and then kisses me again.
We stay like that eating the cake, she start to feed me and I feed her. 
I couldn’t stop smiling I was so happy, Amber makes me feel so happy, and I know I make 
her happy.
After a while in silence I look at her and realize that I probably had to say something.
 
“I love your eyes so much” I said without thinking
 
“I love your hair” She answered me
 
“I love your lips” I dare her to win that
 
“I love you” She said and kiss me
 
“You win” I said while I start to chuckle
 
Amber’s POV:
 
I was so happy; she even let me win the silly game. I was so into her that 
I was already forgotten about Minho.
I kiss her again, I want to make her feel everything I can say.
 
“You know…I have to talk with my dad about this” I said to her
 
“I’m sure he will still loving you no matter what baby” Krystal answer me
 
We stay there in silence until Fanny and Jessica came for us. 
At the car we didn’t say much, we just hold hands. 
I kiss her when she and Jessica get out of the car and I wave her goodbye 
while Fanny start the engine again.
 
I can do better I know. I won’t anybody to hurt you Krystal
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhmsPB09xQ : Hands Down is the song Amber sing to Krystal