The First Day of School

Because Of You

Amber’s POV:

Today was a regular day, nothing special. As usual I get up early to take a shower, it took me at last 10 min to shower and other 15 min to be ready. Today was Monday what it means School start of the week. I came out of my room slowly and say hello to my family that was already having breakfast, we are an early bird family. I’m the younger of the house, they call me baby Am, I have 2 brothers and a sister. My older brother’s name is Donghae he is 25 years old, then it’s my sister, her name is Tiffany and she is 22 years old and finally my other brother, his name is Jonghyun he is 20 year old. People call me and my brothers “The Dinosaurs Siblings”, oh well I don’t mind but I never thought that I look like a dinosaur.

“So Amber, are you ready for school?” Jonghyun spoke trying to get the attention of his sister

“I guess so. I don’t like to start a new year; it feels weird and bored at the same time” I answer to my brother without looking the box of cereal

“You should be excited Baby Am, you may have a really special day if you wait for it” The older girl spoke to cheer Amber.

“Also today is the first day of week, you need to start with a smile baby dino” My older brother say in a singing tone.

“Ok ok, I’ll smile. Happy?” I look at Donghae with a forced smile.

“Don’t be rude with Hae Amber” Amber’s mom say while she was cleaning the dishes.

“Sorry. I’m just…I have a weird feeling Hae” I whisper the last part.

“You’ll be fine, if you have problems you can call me” Tiffany says on my ear while she hugs me from behind

I sigh; my family really makes me feel better. I just hope that they know better than me. I get up quickly and brush my teeth. I grab my backpack and my lunch and open the front door.

I’m going to smile, you know the phrase Amber: “Smile even you feel tears coming up; you may never know who can fall in love with your smile”

I start my way to school. Because I was the younger one I was still attending to High School when my brothers and sister were already studying in college. So I was walking alone to school, I’m senior it’s my last year of High School and I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life. I guess it pop-up very soon. I expect that actually. I was already in school, actually wasn’t so far from home it took my only 10 min to get here, I walk to my locker and grab some stuff; it looks like there are no many students yet. Oh whatever, I walk to my new classroom.

Mmm how awkward there’s someone in the classroom already I guess I’ll have to introduce myself eh?

Krystal’s POV:

“Krystal!! Get up right now!”

Oh God Jessica scares me, she doesn’t need to yell at me, and she can open the freaking door and tell me to get up. Oh my sister is just way to…

“KRYSTAL!!”

“I’m wake now, STOP YELLING!!”

LOUD she is way too loud sometimes. Ah today is my first day of school, I hate Mondays to be honest. There’s something about Mondays I never liked, I don’t know what it is, but I hate Mondays. I get up and start get ready to school, I like to take showers at night, gives more time to not be late at school. Oh God today is the day I start in this new school. I’m a sophomore.

Today is going to be HELL. H E L L

I step out of my room and saw my sister Jessica eating an apple at the hall. She looks at me so proud. Sometimes she’s also a really drama queen.

“My sweet baby is going to school” Jessica say almost in the edge of crying

“Jessica please don’t be like that, we already talk about this” Krystal say trying to avoid the tears of her older sister

“I know…But you indeed look cute and beautiful…just like me when I have your age” Jessica say putting her hand on

“You’re still young; you only have 22 years old you know?” Krystal says while rolling her eyes.

“Oh well, have a great day at school have fun, make friends and remember: SMILE” Jessica spoke quickly before push Krystal to the stairs.

“Now dad’s waiting for you at the car, go”

“Ok, thank you Jessica, have a great day at college sis” Krystal say with a smile.

I run downstairs and wave my mom goodbye, she is worst than Jessica to be honest, I quickly get up in the car, my dad looks kind of mad, he’s going to be late to work but he offers to give me a ride to school in my first day, it’s not like I can’t walk there, the school it’s pretty close to my house, like 20 min away.

“Are you ready for school Soojung?” My dad’s tone was a little too happy for me.

“I guess so Daddy” I answer almost like a whisper.

“You’ll be fine sweetheart” My dad say without take his eyes of the road.

My dad always call me by my first name when he’s concerned about me, he even does that to Jessica, I guess he can tell I’m scared, after all he’s my dad.

Author’s POV:

Before Krystal could think she was already at school. She get off the car and start walking to the lockers, she put her stuff in it, and then start to walk searching for her classroom. There wasn’t anybody else at school. Krystal was at school to early, so she decides to look every classroom to distract her. She goes to the senior’s classrooms; they look a little bit tinier than the sophomore classrooms. She was staring at the window for long time.

It looks like it’s going to be sunny today

Krystal thought to herself, she was so busy looking to the window that she doesn’t hear Amber walking in to the classroom. The older girl walk to the window and say Hi, but the other girl didn’t answer, in fact she just shiver and then turn her body towards Amber.

Krystal’s POV:

I was staring at the window, when of nowhere I hear a voice. I turn around and I saw a girl looking at me with a dumbfound face.

Oh My God she’s a senior, what can I do? I introduce myself? I run? ...Oh God

“Emm Hi, my name is Amber. Are you okay? You look pale” The girl spoke with a low voice.

“Oh yeah yeah, I’m Krystal but I’m not a senior” I said without thinking.

“Oh, you’re lost? ‘Cause I can help you” The girl say looking at me again with a dumbfound face

“Yeah, I’m lost I’m sorry for bother you…am what was your name?” Oh god I forget her name.

“Ha-ha its okay relax. My name is Amber Liu; do you have the number of your classroom?” Amber says to me with a sweet smile.

“Oh yeah, I have it here…Oh by the way my name is Krystal, Krystal Jung” I said with a smile too.

She escorts me to my classroom, she’s so cute, and she even tells me where the cafeteria, the library and the gym of the school were. She was so beautiful. Her smile was one of those smiles that kill. I can’t help think about her. Well it’s okay right, it’s not like I’m going to see her every day, so it’s okay to dream. I need to stop day dreaming, I have to focus on make friends. Oh God she’s looking at the seat next to me. Okay okay be cool and warm Krystal, but mostly warm.

“Hi, it’s this seat taken? A really tall girl was in front of Krystal smiling

“No, no. You want to seat with me?” I quickly answer to her. I was kind of afraid she was a mean girl.

“That will be great. My name is Sully Choi by the way, you’re new right?” Sulli was smiling all the time.

“Yes, I just moved to the area. My name is Krystal Jung, nice to meet you Sulli” I said with a more relax tone.

“Mmm I knew it ‘cause I haven’t’ see you the last year. Well I am your new friend Krystal, if that doesn’t bother you” Sulli said to me with a question face

“That will be nice Sulli, I really not know anybody. Thank you, you’re so sweet” I said while smiling to her. She was so nice.

Sulli offers to take me to her friends at lunch so I wouldn’t’ be lonely. She is so cute and caring, she even ask me my favorites colors, what kind of music I hear and she even ask me if I had found someone cute at school. I just smiled, I wasn’t sure to tell her about Amber.

“So that will be everything kids please remember that after lunch you has to go the gym for the homecoming” Miss Kim yells while we were getting up for lunch.

“That will be BORING Krystal” Sully says while we were walking to the cafeteria.

“Well at least it’s one time at every beginning of the year” I said smiling.

“You’re positive Krystal, I like that. You’re going to love my friends and them are going to love you” Sully sing the last part of the sense with a smile.

We walk to a table almost to the end of the cafeteria I could see some people gather already; I feel shivers through my spine. But I still smile while walking to the table I took a deep breath and say Hi to them when we arrive.

“Hi” I said without any emotion.

They all look at me dumbfounded and then they smile at me. Wow this people are really nice or they just testing me either way I’m going to seat here I really hate being alone.

“Guys this is Krystal, she’s my new friend please take care well of her” Sully said to the group of people while she was pointing me.

“Oh well Hi Krystal, my name is Kim Kibum, but my friends call me Key and I’m a senior” A tall guy with glasses say to me.

“Hi Krystal my name is Kim Sunyoung, but everyone calls me Luna, and Key it’s my older brother. I’m a junior” A short girl with blonde hair say while smile to me.

“Hi my name is Lee Taemin and I’m Sulli boyfriend. I’m also a junior like Luna” A tall yet skinny guy with ginger hair spoke as he gets up to hug Sully.

“Well nice to meet you all my names is Soojung Krystal Jung, but everyone call me Krystal. I’m a sophomore like Sully and I’m very glad to meet you all.” I said to them.

Indeed I was happy to meet this entire nice people the first day. But then I saw Sully little confused.

“It’s something wrong Sully?” I grab her shoulder.

“It’s just that my cousin it’s not here. She probably it’s talking with someone” Sully said someone with a weird tone.

“Oh well she probably meet Krystal at the Homecoming” Key said.

Amber’s POV:

Wow that girl was cute, and also was so nervous; I guess she was new at this school. Aw hate the moment when I saw her enter to her classroom, she looks so scared. But I have to go my own classroom. Her face it’s popping in my head, well I guess it’s fine right? It’s not like I like her or something.

“Everyone take their seats please. I’m Mr. Smith” The teacher said, he was new at school because I never saw him here before.

“Hey Amber” I heard Key whispering to me.

“What do you want Key?” I whisper back to him.

Key was one of my best friends and also was the brother of my cousin best friend. He was so smart and funny but sometimes he can be a pain in the .

“I heard that at the Homecoming they will introduce a new teacher. I heard she is from China” Key said with popping eyes looking at me.

“She would teach something like languages?” I whisper to him while I sneak to Mr. Smith.

“I don’t know. But I would love to learn Chinese. Don’t you?” Key said and then goes back to his place.

Well that can be a good experience. I just want to go to lunch; seriously the first days of school are so BORING. I guess I need to go to the cafeteria quickly as HELL ‘because I don’t want to see Henry.

He was my friend until he just tells me he had a crush on me. I didn’t feel the same so I tell him, I didn’t mean to hurt him but he indeed hurt me.

--------------------------------------------------- FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------------------

Henry grab my arm so tight, he just scares me at the moment. But he looks so tired and mad.

“Nobody will feel this for you Amber”

He was whispering to me. Her voice was so husky.

“But I don’t feel the same Henry, I’m sorry I really am”

Then he grabs my chin and kisses me. He stole my first kiss and then…he just said the most hurtful things that I thought someone could tell me.

“You’re not that beautiful or special Amber. I’m the only one who will love you”

I punch him in the ribcage as hard as I could he just fell to the floor and I ran away. The next day he told me he was sorry, that he didn’t meant to say those things. But in fact he did mean it, of not why he says it. Jonghyun found out somehow what he did and told him that the next time the one punching him will be him.

--------------------------------------------------- FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------------------

I shiver when I remember. I didn’t see, call or even thought in Henry until yesterday when I saw him outside my house. But this time Hae talk to him. I don’t know what he tells Henry, but he just left.

“Okay, remember the Homecoming kids” Mr. Smith told us before he exit the classroom.

“Amber! Come on! Wake Up!” Key was waving his hand in front of my face.

“Ah right sorry. Come on lets go to the cafeteria with Sull” I said with a smile to Key

“Ok so I’m going to left some stuff at my locker and I’ll meet you at the cafeteria ok?” Key said to me.

I just nodded to him. I start walking when suddenly I feel someone behind me. Oh no, I already knew who it was. I just hope that he doesn’t bother me today.

“Amber” Henry grab my hand from behind

“Don’t touch me please” I said while pulling my hand of him.

“I just want to talk Amber, I miss you a lot” Henry was blushing.

“Henry please, Jonghyun and Hae talk to you, please leave me alone” I turn my head to the cafeteria.

Henry just sigh and whisper sorry, he left and let me standing there, I was already going to cafeteria when I saw my friend Hyuna coming to me.

“Amber!! I need your help please” She looks so scared.

“Yeah sure, what do you need?” I look at her.

“Can you help me with the numbers of classrooms at the gym?” She was at the edge of a panic attack

“To put the number of the seats, so the students seat by classrooms?” I said while I was pouting.

“Please” Hyuna squeal.

“Okay okay”

I guess I’ll see Sull and the rest at the Homecoming.

Author’s POV:

Amber helped Hyuna to put the numbers and also to clean part of the gym. The principal look at Amber and whisper something to the teacher Kim. In no time everything was set. The Homecoming starts and all the students were already there. The principal was so happy. He starts his speech and all the students start to yawn. It was a really long speech. After 1 hour the principal finish talking. He then introduces the new teacher.

Krystal was already death in her mind trying to occupy her mind with funny stuffs and Amber face.

I need to stay wake. Mmm I wonder if Amber has a boyfriend. I guess she has one, I don’t think someone that beautiful and cute it’s single

Krystal was smiling now, and Sully notice this. Krystal indeed was thinking in someone, but Sully have a secret, she actually want to introduce Krystal to her cousin.

Maybe Krystal is the one for Amber. Maybe at least the can be friends. Maybe she can make my cousin feel beautiful and special once again.

Sully knew that Amber doesn’t feel safe and secure anymore since that jerk of Henry told her those stupid things. Sully really love Amber, Amber was like the sister she never had. She only has one older brother. So she was ready to do anything to make Amber smile again.

“Everyone this is the new teacher, she come all the way from China. Her name is Victoria Song. Please take care of her. She will be teaching Languages and Gymnastic”

“Hello everyone, I’m Miss Victoria Song, I’ll be the new teacher I hope we can get along. Take care of me please” Miss Victoria spoke with a sweet tone while she waves the entire crowd.

Everyone kid went crazy, the new teacher was cute and looks pretty young, maybe she actually could relate with the students.

At the same time Amber was looking at the crowd by the side of the stage, she was searching Sully, after a moment she saw her. She turns and tells Hyuna that she was already leaving the gym; she wants to wait her cousin outside. Hyuna hug Amber and whisper an “I owe you”. Amber just chuckle a little. She leaves the gym and after half hour everyone start to leave the gym. Amber stood up and waits until she saw Sully talking with a girl of black hair.

Sully’s POV:

I was talking with Krystal about my cousin, she looks kind of interest when I said to her, that my cousin knows tae kwon do. I turn my head and saw Amber waiting outside the gym. I smile and turn to see Krystal.

“My cousin is over there, come “I said while I grab her arm and start to run

“Sully wait come on I can’t run so fast” Krystal was laughing so hard.

“Hey, Amber, this is my new friend: Krystal; Krystal this is my cousin: Amber”

Author’s POV:

Krystal opens her eyes as she was seeing Amber, the girl she met this morning in front of her.

Amber had open while she was seeing Krystal in front of her. The girl that make her feel worry at this morning was in front of her.

“Hi again” Krystal said while blushing.

“Hi Krystal” Amber said while she was rubbing her neck.

“You two met each other already?” Sully said with a smirk on her face.

“We met this morning, I help Krystal to find her classroom” Amber said with a low voice.

“Thank you so much for that” Krystal replies shyly.

“Oh, well you know each other, you helped her she is thankful to you, know what about we go to the movies after school eh?” Sully said with a big smile

“Am I needed to ask my mom about it first, but I’m pretty sure she will say yes” Krystal said.

“Am okay…yeah…” Amber said while looking to the floor.

“Fine, I already told Taemin so we’ll meet at the cinema plus, Krystal live close to school so I guess we can pass for her right Am?”

“Sure, sure” Amber said with a smile.

“We have a date girls, now Krystal and me had classes see you after school Amber. See you alligator” Sully wave her cousin.

“In a while cocodrile” Amber replies with a smile too.

Amber’s POV:

Who knows huh? The same girl that makes me feel worry and makes me feel happy it’s Sully‘s friend. I guess fate have it all cover up. But why I’m so happy, that means I like her?

Krystal’s POV:

Oh GOD, Amber is Sully’s cousin, can I be luckier, I just asked Sully if amber had a boyfriend and she told me that she was single. Now I only need to know if Amber likes girls. I’m so excited.

Maybe I’ll start liking Mondays