chapter 40.

Fate Brought Us Together

"Break up? Call! That would be so much more beneficial for me" laughed Myungsoo.

"You're unbelievable!" screamed Naeun, she threw the lunch box on the ground. Tears falling down her cheeks, "And to think I told her I wasn't going to give up." 

Naeun left the room. 

"Naeun-ah!" yelled Hoya. He chased after Naeun.

"Just leave her alone" said Myungsoo. He dialed Suzy's number, "Sorry about earlier, but my appointment for tonight just got cancelled. I'm still up for it tonight if you're willing to too. Alright, I'll pick you up at 7."

"Yah, you're seriously unbelievable" said Woohyun.

"Whose side are you on?" deamanded Myungsoo, "Your best friend or the chick you just met?"

"Naeun's" replied Woohyun, "I'm not suppose to tell you, but for the sake of your happiness and Naeun's.... Suzy tried bribing Naeun to leave you. And you know what, Naeun refused the proposal."

"She probably wanted more than the amount" joked Myungsoo. 

Woohyun pushed Myungsoo, "Get to your sense!" Woohyun grabbed Myungsoo's shirt and threw him on the ground, "Wake up, Myungsoo-ah. It's over now." 


"Naeun-ah!" screamed Hoya.

Chorong and Eunji came to Myungsoo's company. 

"Oppa why are you screaming Naeun's name?" asked Eunji.

"No time to waste, Naeun and Myungsoo gotten into a heated argument and she ran out of the room leaving her purse behind" said Hoya. 

"What?! Yah, Kim Myungsoo I'm going to hurt him" screamed Eunji. She ran to Myungsoo's office. 

"Yah! Jung Eunji! We gotta find Naeun first!" yelled Chorong.

"Just let her be, quickly lets find Naeun first" said Hoya, "Is there anywhere you think Naeun would run to?"

"Well besides our houses, her house, or her parents... not there.. not uh.... The library!" said Chorong.

"The library?" asked Hoya. 

"Deh, that's one of the first place the three of us would always hang out" said Chorong.

"Alright, my car is parked over here. Lets go" said Hoya.


 Eunji slammed Myungsoo's door. "Yah, Kim Myungsoo what did I tell before?!" 

Woohyun and Myungsoo were still at it. Woohyun pushing and punching Myungsoo while Myungsoo fighting back. 

"Is anyone listening to me?!" screamed Eunji. She pushed Woohyun out of Myungsoo. 

"Yah, get out of the way!" yelled Myungsoo, "This has nothing to do with you. This is a man to man fight."

"Why are you two fighting?! Nothing to do with me?! Yah! What's the point when we should be trying to find Naeun!" yelled Eunji.

"I said this before and I'll say it again, just let her be" said Myungsoo. 

"YAH!" screamed Eunji, just then her phone rang.

"Hoya Oppa, did you find her?" asked Eunji, she dropped her phone. 

Woohyun picked up Eunji's phone and answered, "Did you find her?" 

No response came out of Woohyun's mouth as he got off the phone from Hoya. 

"Naeun-ah.." said Eunji quietly.

"They found her? Good!" said Myungsoo, he checked his watch. "Almost 7 perfect, well I have an appointment to go to so excuse me." 

"NAEUN'S IN THE HOSPITAL" screamed Eunji, she fell to the ground.

Woohyun grabbed a hold of a Eunji.

Myungsoo froze. 

"Let's go without him since he has an appointment with such a special client of his" said Woohyun. He helped Eunji up.

Leaving Myungsoo alone by himself inside his office.


 Woohyun and Eunji arrived at the hospital.

"Where's Naeun?!" screamed Eunji.

Chorong tried answering, but she couldn't stop herself from crying. 

"Surgery" replied Hoya. 

Woohyun held onto Chorong tightly, he whispered "It's okay, everything is going to be okay." 

"It's our fault.. If we didn't tell her to visit Myungsoo at work today.." cried Chorong.

Woohyun comforted Chorong.

"Oppa! What happened to your hands?! Why is it bleeding!" cried Chorong.

"It's nothing.." said Woohyun.

"Jerk and play boy over here fought" said Eunji.

An hour went by... three hours.. finally... 

..eight hours later...

The doctors and nurses came out of the ICU. 

"Is anyone related to the patient?" asked the nurse, "We need someone to sign some papers." 

The four friends looked at one another. 

"We've already contacted her parents and they should be arriving here another two hours.." said Hoya.

"How is she? Can we visit the patient?" asked Eunji.

"I'm sorry, but we can't give any information or allow you to visit the patient without a relative confirmation" replied the nurse.

"I am her husband" said Myungsoo.

He showed up out of nowhere.

"Deh, please follow me this way" said the nurse. 

"No one told you come here" growled Eunji.

Hoya tried calming Eunji down. 

Myungsoo ignored Eunji and followed the nurse. 

A few minutes later, he returned. 

"You can all follow me this way to Mrs. Kim's room" said the nurse. 

Naeun was laying peacefully on the bed with several needles inside her body. 

Chorong began crying. 

"Wh.. Wha.. Whats wrong with her!" cried Eunji. 

"Mrs. Kim is currently unconscious as of right now" said the nurse.

"Like coma?" asked Woohyun. 

"Deh, something similar to that" replied the nurse, "Dr. Hong will be here to answer your questions."

"Hello, Hong Yookyung" said the doctor, "Eunji? Chorong? Jung Eunji and Park Chorong? Yah, long time no see."

"Yookyung-ah," said Eunji, "I didn't know you were a doctor here."

"My family owns this hospital," said Yookyung, "I've been traveling and studying in the medical field for quite awhile now."

"How is Naeun...?" asked Chorong.

Yookhyung examined Naeun, "Who is her relative?"

Chorong pointed at Myungsoo.

"Husband?" asked Yookyung.

Myungsoo nodded.

"Is it okay if I say her conditions right now?" asked Yookyung.

Myungsoo nodded.

Yookyung too a deep sigh, "As of right now, her conditon is very critical. As the nurse has alreay informed to you that Mrs. Kim is unconscious. It's unaware when she will wake up. Overall, the surgery went very well and by the time she wakes up, everything should be back to normal." 

"Thanks Yookyung" said Eunji. 

"What are old friends for?" joked Yookyung, "Over all the years, I'm very surprised to see you all together. Especially Myungsoo being married." 

"Well you know, things change" joked Hoya. 

"Do you know how this happened?" asked Eunji. 

Hoya and Chorong shook their heads. 

"I am assuming by her condition right now that this was no acciedental" said Yookyung.

"I see.." replied Eunji.

"Well now, I should be back another few hours later to check up on her. It was nice seeing all of you" said Yookyung. She left the room. 

"What are we going to do?" cried Chorong. 

"Don't worry, Yookyung said Naeun would be fine then she is going to be fine" said Woohyun. 

"I think we should let Naeun rest now" said Hoya.

"No I want to be next to Naeun until her parents arrive" said Chorong. 

After a few budges, Chorong agreed and the four left the room leaving Myungsoo by himself. 

Naeun's parents walked in the room. 

Mrs. Son's face plae as a gosht. Tears falling down her cheeks. 

Mr. Son sighed. 

"What to do.. Aigoo.. my beloved only daugther Naeun.." cried Mrs. Son. 

Mr. Son tried to comfort Mrs. Son. 

"Myungsoo-ah what exactly happened" asked Mr. Son. 

Myungsoo stayed quiet. 

Just then Myungsoo's parents came into the room. 

"What brings you here?" asked Myungsoo. 

"Here to show our concern" said Mrs. Kim. 

Mr. Kim bowed towards Naeun's parents. 

"I deeply apologize for not raising my child correctly" said Mr. Kim. 

"No it's okay.." cried Mrs. Son, "It can not be changed." 

"For now we should try and have Naeun recover and find the culprit" demanded Mr. Son. 

Mrs. Kim help walk Naeun's parents to their car. 

Mr. Kim stayed in the room with Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo was about to leave. 

"Stay here" demanded Mr. Kim. 

Myungsoo growled, "Stay out of this." 

Mr. Kim slapped Myungsoo's face. "You've disobey my rules once more and see what happens." 

"Disobeying is my job" laughed Myungsoo, "Beside since when did you ever cared?" 

Mr. Kim gave Myungsoo a death glare and left the room. 

Hoya came in the room. 

"How's Naeun?" asked Hoya. 

"Better" replied Myungsoo. 

Hoya noticed the blood from Myungsoo's lips. 

"Yah.." said Hoya. 

"Don't." said Myungsoo, "Where the others?" 

"I told Woohyun to talk them home. He was already heated might as well make him do it to clear his mind." 

Myungsoo nodded. 

"I didn't say he was in the wrong," said Hoya, "you're both in the wrong." 

"If you're going to lectture me then the door is right there." 

"I'm not going to lectture you, but I think I know who it might be" said Hoya. 

Just then Suzy walked in the room, "I'm sorry if I am interrupting your conversation." 

Hoya looked at Myungsoo, gave him a pat and left the room. 

"Why are you here?" asked Myungsoo. 

"I came as soon as I can" smiled Suzy. She wrapped her arms around Myungsoo. "Oppa, I made chicken broth for you."

He got up and walked towards the window. 

"It was you who did it."