chapter 31.

Fate Brought Us Together

He whispered.

"Don't go."

Naeun stood still. Was this the person who had always told her to leave him alone? Ignored her? Hated her? 

She sighed a bit and patted his back. 

 


A few days went by. Everything was back at usual, except for Suzy always texting Naeun and occasionally bumping into Naeun and Myungsoo's dates. Naeun and her two best friends finally made time for one another to have lunch together.

"OMO," said Chorong, "He said did that?" 

"More like he did that?" said Eunji. 

Naeun nodded her head. 

"Daebak," laughed Eunji, "He was probably dreaming about Miss. Scumbag." 

"Unnie don't say that" said Naeun.

"Who knows who he could be thinking of" said Chorong.

"Well I already know, it's Suzy. It's obvious," said Eunji, "By the way, have you been talking to Woohyun?" 

"NO!" yelled Chorong, "Why would I?" 

"I'm just asking," said Eunji, "Chill out." 

"Chill out?" laughed Chorong, "How about you and Hoya, huh?" 

"Well he apologized me to by giving me flowers, a big teddy bear, and lots of chocolate," smiled Eunji, "Of course I couldn't say no to that." 

"He gave you what?!" asked Chorong, "That sounds like what a boyfriend should give you when he's sorry."

Naeun choked on her water, "Unnie, there is no way you can not tell me that Oppa does not like you." 

"Naeun-ah, it's common courtesy. Every guy should know that" said Eunji. 

"Apparently Woohyun and Myungsoo doesn't" said Chorong. 

The girls laughed. 

"Seriously, are you serious that you don't like him?" asked Chorong.

"I don't," said the confident Eunji, "I am positive that I don't. We're just best friends." 

"But Unnie, I'm serious. I think Oppa really really likes you. You should give it a try" said Naeun, "And you too Chorong Unnie!"


Myungsoo had been busy all week long. His father had trusted him that he would do better with the business. On the other hand, Hoya's parents have been secretly finding his perfect, future wife. Woohyun had just woken up and gotten a call from Hoya's mother. 

"Mrs. Lee, I'm sorry for coming a bit late. I was running a bit late this morning" said Woohyun. 

"It's okay, Woohyun-ah. Come sit down, did you have breakfast already?" asked Mrs. Lee. 

"Not yet," smiled Woohyun, "My parents have been gone for a while, so I haven't been having home food lately."

"Aigoo! I knew your mother would do that! She's very clumsy when she was young, I had to always had to remind her to remember. Aigoo, whenever you are hungry just come over. I'm always home. Let me make you some breakfast" said Mrs. Lee. 

"That's where I get the clumsy from" laughed Woohyun. 

Just then Myungsoo came in. 

"Sorry Mrs. Lee, I was running a bit late" said Myungsoo. 

"Well don't you look fancy today Myungsoo-ah" said Woohyun. 

"Where's Hyung?" asked Myungsoo.

"Perfect timing, come sit down. I made extra breakfast for you too" said Mrs. Lee, "Howonie went on a business trip with his father. He'll be back most likely today in the afternoon."

The two boys thanked her and began devouring on the delicious food. 

"The reason why I invited you two over was because I wanted you two to help me find the perfect girl for Howon" said Mrs. Lee.

The two boys looked confused. 

"Myungsoo-ah, you told me at your wedding that Howon had someone very special" said Mrs. Lee. 

"Deh" said Myungsoo. 

"Well who is it?" asked Mrs. Lee.

"You know her parents, but I'm unsure if you know her" replied Myungsoo.

Mrs. Lee began naming all the people she knew. 

"Her name is Jung Eunji" said Woohyun. 

"Jung Eunji?" questioned Mrs. Lee.

"Deh, her parents have been doing business with my family" continued Woohyun.

Myungsoo showed Mrs. Lee a picture of Eunji.

Her eyes widen in joy. She began dancing and clapping her hands.

"She's beautiful!" smiled Mrs. Lee, "Do you two know her well?"

"Deh, she's best friends with my wife" said Myungsoo.

"Mrs. Lee, not to be rude, but Hoya is very close to her" said Woohyun, "I was taken aback when he never introduced her to you."

"That was how I felt as well too!" cried Mrs. Lee, "All I wanted was my little Howonie to grow up and finally get married, but it seems as if he isn't ready. Does she like my Howonie?"

"We're afraid we can't answer that," said Woohyun, "It's uncertain if she does or not." 

"There should be no not! There is nothing wrong with my Howonie!" said Mrs. Lee, "I would like to meet her."