chapter 28.

Fate Brought Us Together

The three were walking towards the parking garage. 

"My driver is here, he'll take me there. We'll follow behind you" said Suzy. 

"No Unnie, that's a waste of gas," said Naeun, "Come with us." 

Myungsoo gave Naeun a death glare.

Suzy noticed it and smiled, "No, it's okay. I'll let you two to have your time. I'm already bothering you enough by coming over." 

"Just let her be" said Myungsoo. He grabbed Naeun's hand and helped her get into his car. He looked at Suzy before getting into the car. 

Suzy rolled her eyes. "Follow them" she demanded. 

The car ride seem as if they were going somewhere far. Traffic. 

"So.. how was work?" asked Naeun. 

"Stressful" replied Myungsoo. 

Naeun nodded her head, "It must be.." 

Myungsoo laughed in amusement. 

"Why are you laughing?" asked Naeun. 

"Right now you should be asking me questions about her," said Myungsoo, "Like a typical wife. Why was she there? What were you two doing? Is something going on?" 

Naeun looked out the window, "It does not matter to me. I am not bothered by it. I won't ask any questions that would startle you. I will do what a wife should do, trust you."

Myungsoo looked at her confused. 

She smiled, "Besides, this is a marriage contract. It's not like you loved me anyway."

After that, it was awkwardly slience. They were still stuck in traffic. Soon after Naeun fell asleep in the car.

They arrived at their mansion. Naeun was still asleep. He carried her in a bridle way upstairs to their bedroom. 

Suzy was just turning in, she had witnessed what Myungsoo had done. Jealousy. That should have been her. She brushed it off and rang the door bell. 

Myungsoo opened the door. "Naeun is asleep." 

"I know" replied Suzy. 

"Then you should leave" said Myungsoo.

"She'll wake up soon. Asking your guest to leave so soon?" asked Suzy. 

Myungsoo looked at her. 

Suzy laughed, "Is it fine if I look around?" 

"Suit yourself."

Myungsoo walked to the kitchen to make coffee.

He checked his phone. 

Hoya: Yah, what's taking you so long? You left us right when Eunji texted that last message.
Woohyun: Kekeke, Eunji-ah and Hoya-ah you miss me? I'm taking her out on a date! Let us be.
Hoya: Well aren't you a good hearted person, too bad she doesn't see you the way you see her. -Eunji
Woohyun: YAH! 
Hoya: Myungsoo, we're on our way. Woohyun you better be heading there too! -Eunj
i. 

He ruffled his hair. 


Everything was still the same. The only thing that was missing was her, Suzy. 

She was in the backyard. There was a bench, solid white. She laughed as she remembered the times when he would sing to her there.

"Nothing has changed" said Suzy. 

"Want some coffee?" asked Myungsoo. 

She turned around and smiled, "Does it taste the same?" 

"You tell me" replied Myungsoo. 

"Oppa, I miss you." 

He laughed, "I'm going to repeat this once more and that is it. The only person you're hurting is yourself." 

"No, you're wrong. It's you who is in denial."

"Suit yourself." 

"As a friend," she placed her hands on top of his, "I shouldn't be seeing you suffering. Myungsoo Oppa, we can change all of this. If you just give it another try, things will get better." 

Myungsoo got up, "The only person you're hurting is yourself." 


"Yah! What are you two love birds doing out here?" yelled Woohyun from afar, "Come inside, everyone's here!"

"Naeun-ah, I bought..." Chorong stopped. 

"Where's Naeun?" demanded Eunji. 

"Wasn't she out there with you?" asked Woohyun. 

"Hello, I'm Suzy. Bae Suzy. Sorry for intruding, I didn't mean to do that." 

"Naeun is upstairs sleeping" said Myungsoo. 

"No need for introducing, we all know each other" growled Eunji. 

"Well..." said Woohyun, "Since we have a lot of time, why don't you girls prep in the kitchen and we will grill." 

"Sounds like a plan," said Eunji, "Hoya Oppa, can you bring this outside?" 

"Eunji-ah, stop carrying heavy things. You could hurt yourself" said Hoya.

The boys were outside setting the fire while the girls were inside cooking.

"Is there anything you need me to do?" asked Suzy. 

"No thanks" said Eunji. 

"Here you can help me by washing these and then chopping them" said Chorong. 

"Deh" said Suzy.

Eunji rolled her eyes. 


It was just the three boys outside. 

"Why is Suzy here?" asked Hoya. 

"Yah, Chorong thinks I need glasses because I couldn't tell that it wasn't Naeun" murmured Woohyun. 

Myungsoo shrugged.

"Naeun did?" said Woohyun.

"Obviously" said Myungsoo. He told the boys what had happened.

"It's not her fault," said Hoya, "You have to understand. Naeun invited Suzy because she wanted to know more about you." 

"How can I not blame that freak?!" demanded Myungsoo, "Does she not know that we had a past?" 

"Obviously not, Mr. I think she should know everything about me. Naeun is a sweet girl, you just have to understand that she is trying" said Hoya. 

"Besides you are the one who wanted to marry her" laughed Woohyun. 

Myungsoo brushed his hair. 


"I think that's enough vegetables Eunji-ah," said Chorong, "Here Suzy, put this on the table." 

"Deh Unnie," replied Suzy, "How many plates should I set?" 

"Can't you count?" blurted Eunji. 

"Set only six" said Myungsoo. 

"Wrong, it's seven" said Eunji. 

"Can''t you count? There's only six of us here" said Myungsoo.