chapter 32.

Fate Brought Us Together

Myungsoo looked at Woohyun and they both had the same look. 

"You two boys look doubtful" said Mrs. Lee, "Why is it so?" 

They were both slient. 

"Is she mean?" asked Mrs. Lee. 

"No," said Myungsoo, "She's very.. daring." 

Mrs. Lee nodded joyfully. She didn't care if Eunji was crazy, innocent, mean, sweet, psycho, anything because all it mattered to her was that her precious son had someone he actually loved. He was never the type to openly talk about certain things like that to his parents.

After a few talks, the boys left the house.

They were outside Hoya's house. 

Woohyun let out a big sigh. 

"Yah, you did say your wife is close to her so you do it" said Woohyun. 

"And somehow you would just say she's his best friend?" said Myungsoo, "Now it makes her want to meet Eunji even more. And don't you work with her?" 

"Aish..." Woohyun ruffled his hair, "Last time I talked to Chorong was at your house and Eunji was two days ago. Both were no good." 

"Yah, I'm heading out first. I rushed here so fast that I forgot that I have a meeting soon" said Myungsoo. 

"Sure sure sure go," said Woohyun, "I'll just text him to let him know." 

"He's out of town for a business meeting" said Myungsoo, "That'll stress him even more." 

"Oh yeah, you're right. I wasn't thinking about that," said Woohyun, "I'll just text something like meet up when he gets back." 


Naeun had gone home to rest while Chorong had gone on a blind date and Eunji went straight to work. She had another project with Woohyun, again.

Naeun received a text message. 

Suzy: Naeun-ah! What are you doing later? 

Naeun wonder what to reply back. 

Naeun: I'm not sure yet Unnie, but I'll let you know when I do!
Suzy: Is that so? My friends having a get together today. Would you like to come join me?
 

Naeun looked at the messaged. Should she join them? 

Just then her phone began to ring, it was Woohyun. 

"Hello?" said Naeun. 

"Hi Naeun-shi," said Woohyun, "This is a bit awkward, but are you busy at the moment by any chance?" 

"Right now? No, I'm not" replied Naeun. 

"Great! I'm almost at your house, can you open the door?" asked Woohyun.

"Deh!?" asked confused Naeun. 

"You were too slow" teased Woohyun. He removed the phone from his hand. Myungsoo had given his two bestfriends the key to his house a long time ago.

"Woohyun-shi why are you here?" asked Naeun, "Myungsoo is at work today. I'm not sure when he'll be home. I can call him and check for you." 

"That won't be needed," smiled Woohyun. 

"Deh?" asked Naeun. 

"I'm here for you" laughed Woohyun. 

"Ahh... Deh" replied Naeun, "Is there something I can do for you?" 

Woohyun explained what had happened earlier in the day to Naeun as she was making coffee for him. 

"So Mrs. Lee really wants to met Unnie?" asked Naeun. 

Woohyun nodded his head. 

"I'm not sure if Unnie is willing to.." said Naeun. 

"We all know Eunji," said Woohyun, "She doesn't like complicated things. She's very simple minded." 

Naeun laughed, "When did you find that out?" 

"When I started working with her" laughed Woohyun. 

"When does Hoya Oppa come back?" 

"He said he'll be back tomorrow afternoon" replied Woohyun, "By then, we should have a plan." 

"Or maybe have Hoya Oppa confess to Unnie?" suggested Naeun. 

Woohyun jumped up and gave Naeun a pat on the back. "That's a great idea! Why weren't we thinking about that earlier?!" 

Naeun laughed. 

The two were very comfortable with one another. There was no more awkwardness. They began planning out the plan for tomorrow. 


After a several meetings with different companies, it was almost midnight. Myungsoo checked his phone. 

No calls. No messages. 

He decided to call her. There was no answer. 

Myungsoo quickly rushed home. 

As he got to the garage, parked and slammed the door hard that it almost left a dent. 

He noticed Naeun and Woohyun had both fallen alseep in the living room. Naeun was laying on the couch, curled into a ball. While Woohyun laying against the table. Myungsoo shoved Woohyun enough to wake him up. 

"Ah, your home. Just in time" smiled the goofy boy, Woohyun. 

Myungsoo grabbed Woohyun's arm and dragged Woohyun's arm to the kitchen.

"Time? Do you know what time it is?" asked Myungsoo. 

"Almost midnight" smiled Woohyun. 

"The questoin is why are you here?" asked Myungsoo. 

"Actually the question is why are you home so late?" replied Woohyun, "Don't worry, I didn't do anything to her. If that's what you're worried about."

Myungsoo laughed, "Why would I be so worried for? She's nothing to me." 

"Then why did you marry her?" teased Woohyun. 

"Simple. Payback" smiled Myungsoo. 

"You're something alright" said Woohyun. He gave a pat on Myungsoo's back and left.

Moments later Myungsoo went back to the living room. He wondered whether or not if he should leave her there to sleep. In the end, he ended up carrying her upstairs to their room. Once he tucked her into bed, he removed her phone away from her hands. He noticed that there was a new message. Nosey as he was he opened the new message. 

Naeun: Sorry Unnie, not today. Something just came up and I can't seem to leave so soon.
Suzy: Is that so? Alright, maybe next time. 

Myungsoo scrolled through the messaged between the two girls. He had gotten angry and threw the phone on the ground. He dialed Suzy's number and called her. 

Suzy knew who the caller ID number belonged to. It belonged to, of course, Myungsoo. The number had never changed and never will.

"Hello? Who is this?" She prentended.

"This is Myungsoo, we need to meet." 

Suzy had a smirked on her face as she was holding onto the phone. "Meet?" 

"Tomorrow 10AM, Ballouit Cafe" Myungsoo hung up on her. 


The next morning Myungsoo poked Naeun several times to wake her up. 

"Yah, wake up. We have to go somewhere" said Myungsoo. 

"Huh? Deh" said Naeun. 

"We're leaving at 9:45 sharp" said Myungsoo. 

Naeun hurried out of bed and got ready.


Suzy had already arrived 30 minutes before Myungsoo had told her to be. She wanted everything to be perfect when she told him about her true feelings. She knew that this day would come.

IU: Fighting! I hope everything goes smoothly after your confession kekeke!
Fei: Me too! ~Hang in there Suzy-ah
Jia: Don't worry, we're here to help you too! Do what is best for you. Fighting!

The encouraging messages coming from her friends made her a bit at ease.

She noticed that there was a lot of paparazzi today. She laughed in amusement when the whole world finds out that she and Myungsoo had brunch together without Naeun. How rumours about the divorce and so on.


The couple had arrived at the Ballouit Cafe. 

"Why are we here...?" asked Naeun, "And why is there so many photographers..." 

"I invited them" joked Myungsoo. 

"Deh?" asked Naeun. 

They got out the car and the paparazzi began to come closer and closer towards them. 

Myungsoo used his arms to protect Naeun while bodygaurds protected the two. 

Suzy noticed Myungsoo and waved her hands out with a big smile. And following behind him was Naeun.