chapter 37.

Fate Brought Us Together

"Did she just tell me to go find Hoya?" asked Eunji. She laughed in amusement. 

"Deh.." replied Naeun, "Unnie.. I think you two should have a talk." 

"Nothing is wrong between us," laughed Eunji, "Naeun-ah, don't you believe me?" 

"Not a bit" said Naeun. 

Eunji dialed Hoya's number, she called him. "Hello? Oppa where are you? Are you busy? Mhmm, I'll be there soon." 

She got off the phone with Hoya. "See." 

Naeun smiled, "Hurry go Unnie! Oppa is waiting for you!" 

"Are you sure?" asked Eunji, "You can come along too." 

"Actually, I already have some plans.. besides you and Oppa need some time alone" smiled Naeun. 

"Aish... You make it sound like it's a bad thing!" 

Naeun laughed, "Deh Unnie, I am!" 


Since the incident the couple, Myungsoo and Naeun, have not spoken to one another. Naeun had a lot of thoughts about what had happened, just as she promised that she would make Myungsoo feel better. She tried. Everytime she would try to start a conversation, Myungsoo would not respond. Ignoring her. He would act as if Naeun was just a gosht, sad to say Hoya noticed. It was as if he wanted nothing to do with her. That didn't stop Naeun. 

"Hello Mrs. Kim," said the front desk girl, "Mr. Kim currently at a meeting right now." 

"That's fine," smiled Naeun, "Tell him that I'll be in his office." 

Naeun opened Myungsoo's office, there sitting on one of the sofa was Suzy. 

"Suzy Unnie, what brings you here?" asked Naeun. 

"Oh.. Naeun-ah," said Suzy, "Just some business inquiries. My father was going to drop some paperwork here so I offered to do it for him." 

"Deh.." replied Naeun. She went to Myungsoo's desk and started cleaning around. She set a lunch box specially made for him. 

Suzy eyed Naeun. That job originally belonged to her, not Naeun. Thoughts of envious and jealousy ran through Suzy's mind. 

"Did you make that?" asked Suzy. 

"Ahh, the lunch box?" asked Neaun, "No, I had lunch just now, so I figured Oppa didn't have lunch yet."

"I see," replied Suzy, "So, how have you been? How has everything going for you like marriage life?" 

That was a lie, Suzy could care less of how Naeun felt.

Naeun knew she had to be careful with her words, "It's been going very smoothly." 

Just then Myungsoo walked in the room. 

"Oppa" smiled Suzy. 

Naeun turned and looked at Myungsoo. She smiled softly. 

He took a quick glimpse and went to his desk. He grabbed the lunch box and threw it in the trash. 

"You can stop bring me lunch" said Myungsoo coldly. 

Suzy knew this was her chance, "Oppa! Why did you just throw away a such a good lunch? Your wife bought you that and brought that here personally." 

Myungsoo ignored Suzy and began going through some papers. 

Naeun got up and walked towards them, "I knew this would happen, so I prepared another one. I have an appointment, so I'll be home by the time you arrive home. Suzy Unnie, it was nice seeing you here." 

"Lets hang out soon" smiled Suzy. 

"Deh," smiled Naeun. She walked to the door as soon as she closed the doors behind her, she pushed her body against the walls. "Naeun-ah, fighting." 

"You know you didn't have to be that mean to her, you know" said Suzy harshly. 

"Cut to the chase" said Myungsoo. 

Suzy threw down a packet that she had been holding on his desk. "I'm here was business inquiries." 

"Not for a love affair?" said Myungsoo. 

"Read it carefully, tomorrow 11:30am sharp" said Suzy, "I'll have my secretary inform the rest later." She left the room. 

Myungsoo smirked at the packet Suzy had just given him, "You think I'd believe this is just for business inquiries?" He noticed the lunch box Naeun had placed on his desk, he grabbed it and opened it. Everything was placed perfectly and neatly. Naeun knew everything Myungsoo liked and didn't like. He smirked and ate it peacefully.


"Woohyun-shi, where are you taking me?" asked Chorong. 

"Park Chorong-shi, for the hundreth time can you please stop asking me the same question?" asked Woohyun.

"I'm going to ask until you tell me where you are taking me!" demanded Chorong. 

"And my answer is always going to me the same! When we get there, you will see!" demanded Woohyun.

Chorong pouted. 

"What ever face you make, you will always seem to look cute" smiled Woohyun. 

Chorong smiled and blushed. She was slowly starting to open her heart out to Woohyun. 

The two arrived at the beach. 

"Why are we at the beach?" asked Chorong. 

"You'll see, come on" said Woohyun. 

As they walked to the beach, there was already a spot perfectly in the middle waiting for them. 

Chorong eyes widen, "The beach is so beautiful.." 

Everything was placed perfectly. 

"It better be, I reserved this area just for us" joked Woohyun. 

A worker came to the couple. 

"Just in time," said Woohyun, he handed Chorong a bathing suit. The suit was a two piece that was in bright pink. The top had was strapless while the bottom was very thin.

"YAH!" yelled Chorong, "I'm so not wearing that!" 

"I figured, but it always worth a try" joked Woohyun, "Here, this is what I actually picked out." 

Chorong was at ease. The outfit was a dress, it was perfect for the beach. The dress was not too long nor was it tight. It was loose and cooling.

After changing, Woohyun had told Chorong to go near the waters and wait for him. She faced the sands wondering where Woohyun had gone. A few minutes later, there was a ginormous boat behind her back. Around the side of the boat had a poster that said Happy Birthday Park Chorong. 

"Happy Birthday Park Chorong!" screamed Woohyun, he was on the boat. 

Chorong was stratled, no other human being had ever done this significant event for her especially coming from a man. Soon enough the boat came near her and Woohyun came down. 

On one hand he had a box of chocolate, while the other a bouquet of red roses. "Happy Birthday Chorong," smiled Woohyun, "I know this is a day before your actualy birthday, but I figure.." 

Chorong hugged Woohyun tightly. "Thank you." 


Eunji arrived at Hoya's office. She had been inside his office waiting for him. 

"Eunji-ah, sorry" said Hoya, "Something came up right after you called. Did you wait long?" 

"Oh no, it's okay" replied Eunji. 

Just then someone walked in the room, "Sorry, I seem to left my phone here." 

"Is this your phone?" asked Eunji. She hanged it to the stranger. 

"Deh, thank you," said the stranger, "Wait a minute, Eunji? Jung Eunji? You don't remember me? Nam Jihyun." 

"How can I not forget you Sunbae," said Eunij, "You were like the goddess at school back then." 

"I guess I still am," joked Jihyun, "I didn't you know you two were close." 

"After high school we started getting closer" replied Hoya. 

"Ahhh, I see," said Jihyun, "Well it was nice seeing you Eunji-ah, I'll see you later Hoya." 

Jihyun left the room. 

"What? I'll see you later?" said Eunji, "What's thats suppose to mean." 

"Beats me" said Hoya. 

"Nam Jihyun you haven't changed a bit" said Eunji is hatred. 

Hoya laughed. "Are you jealous?" 

"Oppa!" yelled Eunji, "Jealous? You got to be kidding me." She calmed down, "Is everything okay?" 

"What do you mean? Everything is okay" smiled Hoya. 

"Well.. after you heard that your mom and I had a date you quickly dashed to Myungsoo's and Naeun's house," continued Eunji, "And you've been really quiet." 

"I've been busy" replied Hoya. 

"Oppa." 

"I have." 

"Oppa," said Eunji, she gave up. "Okay, I understand you were busy this whole time, but that doesn't explain why you're not home." 

"I wanted time alone to myself" replied Hoya. 

"Oppa." 

"Eunji-ah, I'm not hiding anything" lied Hoya. 

"Okay okay okay," said Eunji, "I believe you. But you should go home soon, your mom is worried." 

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on staying longer at Myungsoo's and Naeun's house longer" said Hoya. 

"Well, since everything is now resolved I'm going to get going now. It's Chorong's birthday tomorrow, would you like to go with me?" asked Eunji. 

"Okay, I'll pick you up and we can go together" smiled Hoya. 


At home, Naeun had been preparing a cake for Chorong. 

Myungsoo had just gotten home. 

"You're home already?" asked Naeun. 

He ignored her and walked right past her.

Naeun calmed herself down and continued on what she had been doing. 

Myungsoo was inside his study room. Naeun came inside the room. She placed a plate with fruits on the desk. 

"I figured you would be hungry" said Naeun. She walked out the room. 

"Thanks" said Myungsoo. 

At last, Myungsoo had finally said something to her. Naeun smiled, placed an invitation on the desk, and went downstairs. 

Hoya was in the kitchen. "Are you making a cake for Chorong?" 

"Deh" said Naeun, "So.. how was it meeting with Unnie today?" 

"The same" replied Hoya. He took a sip from his coffee, "She invited me to go to Chorong's party tomorrow, as her date." 

"OMO really?" said Naeun, "Congrats Oppa! Soon enough you two will be a couple!" 

Hoya laughed, "I hope so. Is Myungsoo coming?" 

"I don't know, I left the invite on his desk. Hopefully he noticed it" said Naeun. 

"He'll go, Naeun-ah don't worry. Get some rest okay? It's getting late" said Hoya. 

"Deh, Oppa you can go to sleep first. I'm going to finish up the cake I am making for Chorong Unnie" said Naeun. 


"The day has finally came," joked Eunji, "Here, Happy Birthday Chorong-ah." 

"From Eunji and Hoya, thank you" said Chorong. She began reading the note, "Getting old?! Yah! Must I remind you that we're about the same age." 

"About? A year or two is a big difference Unnie" joked Eunji. 

"Daebak" said Chorong. 

"Yah, where's your knight and shining armor?" joked Eunji. 

"Don't know and don't care" said Chorong. She was smiling and waving at guest who congratulated her on her birthday. 

Just then Woohyun came behind Chorong, "Miss me?" 

Chorong blushed. 

"You're going to make me throw up Woohyun-shi" said Eunji. 

"Don't be jealous, you soon will experience this too" teased Woohyun, he gave Hoya a wink. "Happy birthday Chorongie." 

"Why would I be jealous? Lovely dovey is not my style" blurted Eunji.

"Happy Birthday Chorong Unnie!" said Naeun, "Sorry I took so long, I had to help bring the cake in." 

"OMO, you made me a cake?" asked Chorong. 

"She stayed up all night working on it" said Hoya.

Everyone looked at the table where the cake was located at. 

Chorong hugged Naeun, "Thank you Naeun-ah, it looks beautiful." 

"You're welcome Unnie, but that's not all. Here this is my gift, I hope you like it" said Naeun. 

"Did you come here alone?" asked Woohyun. 

"Deh.." replied Naeun. 

"Where's Myungsoo?" asked Eunji.

"He.." said Naeun. 

"Right here" said Myungsoo, "You think I would miss this? My best man's girlfriend's birthday party?" 

"Myungsoo-shi..." said Naeun.