chapter 10.

Fate Brought Us Together

"Don't act like you know me." 

"Let go of me Myungsoo-shi." 

Myungsoo let go of Naeun. 

"Why didn't you keep contact with me?" asked Myungsoo. 

"What?" asked Naeun. 

"Why are you trying to play stupid?" asked Myungsoo.

"Myungsoo-shi, I don't know what you're trying to do, but I am not trying to act stupid" replied Naeun. 

Myungsoo laughed, "Ha. Says the girl who tries to act innocent! Incredible!" 

"Tries to act innocent?! What? Incredible? Myungsoo-shi, I have never played innocent or lied to you what so ever." 

"Lied that you have cancer right?" asked Myungsoo. 

Naeun stopped, she was flustered. "How did you find out?" 

Myungsoo laughed, "Ha. Now you're acting like you don't know?" 

"HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!" demanded Naeun. 

Myungsoo walked up to Naeun, placed one of his fingers under Naeun's chin and moved her chin up to face his eyes. "Listen, I was going to let everything go, but now that I find out that you lied. Ha." 

"I did not lie to you" said Naeun. 

Myungsoo pushed Naeun away. "Don't play stupid with me." He walked away from her to his car and drove off. 


"Welcome home honey" said Mrs. Son, "do you want anything for dinner?" 

"No thank you Omma. I already had dinner. I paid for the bill for this month already so you don't have to worry. Goodnight Omma" replied Naeun. 

Mrs. Son sensed something wrong with Naeun so she quickly called Eunji and Chorong to ask them if something had happen to Naeun. 

Naeun locked herself inside her room the whole night. She refused to eat or sleep. She had been crying all night long. 

The next morning she was up early. She had already made breakfast for her parents. Off she went to work. 


Eunji, Chorong, Hoya, Woohyun, and Myungsoo had gone to the same event. This event was like an event for all the rich people to meet and talk about marriage or companies. 

"So how was your date?" asked Eunji. 

"Yah. My parents probably have the worst taste in men" replied Chorong. 

"Do you guys mind I join you?" asked Hoya. 

"Of course not" replied Eunji. 

"So I heard your father's company is doing a project with my father's company" said Chorong.

"Yes, pleasure working business with you" replied Hoya. The two shook hands. 

"Eunji, aren't you directing the fashion show this year?" asked Hoya. 

"Yeah, my parents put me as director for it. I guess they saw talent in me" replied Eunji. The three laughed.

"Well now, I guess we will be working together, partner" snickered Woohyun. He had just walked into the circle. 

"We?" said Eunji. 

"I'm also the director for the fashion show project" said Woohyun, "Hey Chorong." 

"Is that the only person you're going to say hey to?" asked Hoya. 

"Hello Woohyun-shi" said Chorong.

Just then Myungsoo's father went on the microphone. "Excuse me, can everyone hear me know? Ah yes. Welcome to this lovely evening. I hope everyone is enjoying it right now. I would like to make a toast to my son, Kim 

Myungsoo." 

Everyone applauded. Myungsoo went up to the stage. 

"Thank you for coming today. I know today is an important for you all, but I would like to make a warm announcement. I am engaged."