chapter 20.

Fate Brought Us Together

“It’s been awhile Oppa” said the stranger.

Myungsoo stood frozen. He was stiff.

“Hoya Oppa, Woohyun Oppa” said the stranger.

“Suzy, welcome back” said Woohyun, “What brings you here?”

“Myungsoo’s father invited my parents” replied Suzy.

Hoya and Woohyun looked at one another.

Mr. and Mrs. Bae came to the group.

“Suzy-ah, I didn’t know you knew Mr. Kim’s, Mr. Lee’s, and Mr. Nam’s son” said Mrs. Bae.

“We go way back…” laughed Suzy, “like high school.”

“Oh really?” said Mrs. Bae.

Myungsoo quickly unstiffen, “Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Bae for coming today.”

“No thank you, it’s a pleasure being invited to your wedding today” said Mr. Bae.

“Although I have never seen your wife before, I have heard from others that your wife is very beautiful” said Mrs. Bae.

 “Thank you. Please excuse me, enjoy your evening here tonight” said Myungsoo.

“Suzy-ah, we’ll leave you here with your friends. We will be inside” said Mr. Bae.

Suzy nodded. “Oppa is getting married so fast,” she laughed, “How come no one told me about this? What’s her name again?”

“Her name is Son Naeun. Well you were in the States, you know” said Woohyun.

Hoya knew Suzy had gotten offended, he quickly changed the subject, “So how are you?”

“At first, I was happy coming back home. But now, seeing things… I don’t know anymore. Well, I better get going now, my parents must be waiting for me” said Suzy.

Just then Eunji came up to the boys.

“Hoya Oppa, the ceremony is about to start” said Eunji.

“We have an issue” said Woohyun.

“What?” asked Eunji.

“Suzy is here” replied Hoya.

“What?! Who invited that witch!” yelled Eunji.

“I think Myungsoo invited her parents, you know how it is” said Hoya.

“But...” Eunji sighed, “Oppa do not let Naeun know she is here.”

“It’s not like Naeun knows who Suzy even is” said Woohyun.

“You know that witch. If Naeun doesn’t know, Suzy will make sure Naeun knows” said Eunji, “Why is she even back?! Wasn’t she in the states?”

“Don’t worry, Woohyun and I will keep a close eye on her so she won’t talk to Naeun tonight” said Hoya.

The ceremony had already begun.

Mr. Son knocked on the bride’s door.

“Naeun-ah, are you ready?” asked Mr. Son.

“Deh Appa” replied Naeun.

“Wait, let me take a quick look at you one more time..” said Mr. Son, “My beautiful daughter… today is the day, I’m so proud of you. If anything happens, if he hurts you or anything! Come home. Home will always be a welcome, waiting for you to come home.”

Naeun started to tear up, “Appa…”

“Don’t cry, today is your special day. I want to see you smile brightly, okay? As big as you can” smiled Mr. Son.

Naeun nodded.

“Come on, now let’s go. I think everyone is waiting for you” said Mr. Son.

Everyone was already seated. The doors opened the bride and her father walked down the aisle.

Myungsoo was at the end waiting for the bride.

Naeun’s face was covered with the veil. Her skin suited the dress perfectly. A heart shaped curved in between her cleavage, the silky white gown slid down smoothly with ruffles down below which covered her ankles nicely.

Music coming from the piano was soothing.

The bride was finally in front of the groom.

Mr. Son smiled at Myungsoo and handed Naeun’s hand to Myungsoo. Myungsoo bowed at Mr. Son. As Myungsoo was bowing, straight from his direct view was Suzy sitting. Myungsoo quickly looked away.

Woohyun was the Mc for the wedding.

“Thank you everyone for being here today to wish and witness a special moment of this lovely couple today,” said Woohyun, “Or shall I say soon to be husband and wife?”

The audience laughed.

Woohyun went on, “Now it is time for the bride and groom to say their special vows. Ladies first, Naeun.”

“Hello, my name is Naeun. I am sure most of you have never seen me before or don’t even know who I am, but thank you for coming to my wedding. I would like to thank you, on behalf of Myungsoo, for coming today to see this beautiful moment. Myungsoo, I may not be the material wife you always wanted, but I promise you I will do my best and be the wife you always wanted. Although I am inexperienced in these love relationships, I would like to thank you for making my dreams come true. I may not understand you’re reasons, but I just want to let you know that I sincerely…” Naeun started to tear up, she stopped herself from saying it. “I am sincerely happy.”

The audience awed.

“Aww, what a beautiful speech was that” cried Woohyun, “Now, it’s the groom’s turn. What would you like to say to your wife?”

“Naeun, from day one when we met, you have already stolen my heart. Your pureness swayed me away. I don’t think I can imagine myself marrying anyone else besides you. You are the most beautiful, gorgeous, stunning girl I have ever laid my eyes on. Although others have left me, you were still there. I am glad you stayed by my side no matter what. I love you” said Myungsoo.

He went for a kiss. Naeun not knowing what to do, closed her eyes and allowed Myungsoo to kiss her.

The audience clapped their hands and cheered.

After the ceremony, it was the after party. Everyone was lead to the ballroom next door.

 “Myungsoo, hurry you need to change” said Eunji.

Naeun grabbed a hold of Myungsoo before he started walking, “Myungsoo-shi. Did you really mean it?”

Before Myungsoo could answer, Chorong grabbed Naeun’s arm, “Naeun come on lets go. You need to change.”

 “Chit chat later. You two need to change and greet your guest, come on!” said Eunji.

Naeun looked at Myungsoo once more; he looked away trying to avoid eye contact. She walked away with Chorong in disappointment.