chapter 11.

Fate Brought Us Together

"I am engaged" said Myungsoo.

Eunji looked at Chorong. Woohyun looked at Hoya. Chorong looked at Eunji. Hoya looked at Woohyun. Chorong looked at Hoya.  They all looked at each other. Surprised. 

"Did Myungsoo just say he is engaged?" asked Woohyun. 

They all nodded. 

"Furthermore, my fiance could not make it to this event today. I deeply apologize for suddenly announcing my engagement." Myungsoo took a ninety dregree bow. 

Everyone applauded. 

Myungsoo got off the stage and walked to his father. 

"We'll have a talk later" said Mr. Kim. 

Myungsoo bowed as his father walked away. The four came up to Myungsoo. 

"Congratulations, I didn't even know you were even engaged!" cheered Woohyun. 

"I'm assuming you're supposedly engage to Naeun?" asked Eunji.

Myungsoo did not respond. 

"Am I correct?" asked Eunji. 

Myungsoo did not respond. 

"Look, if you mess with our best friend. We're not letting you off. Especially saying you two are engaged" said Chorong. 

"Knowing your father, he has high expectation on your wife. Including the rest of the riches and the press" said Hoya. 

Myungsoo did not respond. 

"Yah why are you just looking at us. Why aren't you talking?" asked Eunji. 

Myungsoo sipped his wine, "It's not like I have to reply to your rude questions." 

"Rude?!" said Eunji, "just leave Naeun out of this. She doesn't need to deal with all of this." 

"That has nothing to do with you" replied Myungsoo. 

"Oh yes it does. She is my best friend" said Eunji. 

"Best friend? Is that all you can say. Best friend?" asked Myungsoo. He laughed.

Eunji was about to slap Myungsoo until Hoya grabbed Eunji and took her away from the group. 

"You're seriously a jerk. I don't even understand how Naeun can call you a genial person" said Chorong. She ran after Hoya and Eunji. 

"Myungsoo, what have you gotten yourself into now." Woohyun shook his head and chased after Chorong.

Myungsoo's POV 

It's not what I gotten myself into. It's more like what Naeun had gotten herself into. 

Writer's POV 

Naeun had just gotten out of work. Hoya was outside Naeun's work place waiting for her. 

"Hoya-shi. What brings you here?" asked Naeun. 

"I'm here to you over to Eunji's house" replied Hoya. 

"It's okay. I can just walk over there." 

"I can't let you do that. Eunji strictly told me to get you. I promised her." 

"Well if you promised her then you can't break it right?" 

The two laughed and got inside Hoya's car. 

"Hey Chorong and Eunji Unnie" said Naeun. 

"It's about time! Oppa what took you so long" said Eunji. 

"On the way, Naeun was hungry so we bought some snacks and coffee" replied Hoya. 

"Well eating right now is not the problem. The problem is the marriage" said Chorong. 

"Marriage? Is someone getting married?" asked Naeun. 

"Yeah and that someone is you" replied Eunji.

"WHAT?!" screamed Naeun, "I never approved of getting married. I don't even recall getting married! Who is saying I'm engaged to them anyway." 

"Myungsoo" said Hoya. 

"There must be a mistake. He and I clearly agreed on forgeting everything" said Naeun. 

"That's what we thought too" said Chorong. 

"I have never seen Myungsoo act this way before" said Hoya. 

"No one has. That guy is like a lunatic" said Eunji. 

"It's okay Unnie. I'll sort everything out with Myungsoo-shi tomorrow" said Naeun. 

"What if he says no?" said Chorong. 

"He already said it in front of everyone. There is no turning back" said Hoya, "if he does turn back, he'll like a coward."  

"He is a coward" said Eunji, "Naeun talk to him tomorrow."  

Naeun nodded. 


The next day Naeun had texted Myungsoo if they could meet up. They met up at a cafe. Naeun had been waiting for Myungsoo for an hour. Myungsoo finally arrived. Naeun waved out her hands for him to notice her. He walked to the table where she had been sitting. 

A worker came up to them, "Hello. What would you like to drink?" 

"Two coffee please" said Naeun. 

"Right away Miss" said the worker. 

"How would you know if I wanted to drink coffee?" asked Myungsoo. 

"Because I was with you for a week. I noticed you drink a lot of coffee" replied Naeun. 

"So you asked me to meet up  just for coffee?" 

"No. I wanted to talk to you about our engagement." 

"What about it?"

"Why are you doing this?" asked Naeun, "I never said yes." 

"Yes you did" replied Myungsoo, he noticed the ring he had given was still around her neck. "I see you're still wearing the ring." 

Naeun just then realized what Myungsoo had been saying. 

"Myungsoo-shi. That was fake marriage. It's not real.." 

"Then why are you wearing the ring I given you?" 

Naeun got quiet. "I forgot all about it." 

"You had about two months to take the necklace off, but you choose not too. That showed that you still have some type of feeling for me." 

"Get to your point Myungsoo-shi." 

"We're getting married. This time for real" said Myungsoo. 

"I don't want to" said Naeun. 

"What's wrong with getting married with me? It could benefit you a lot. You don't have to suffer anymore" said Myungsoo, "Beside, any girl would die to marry me." 

"I'll pass" replied Naeun, "Myungsoo-shi, this is not how you ask a girl to marry you." 

"Like I said, if you never lied to me. I would have let you off" said Myungsoo. 

"I never lied to you. How many times do I have to tell you that!" pleaded Naeun. 

"It's too late for you to back out any way. I'm sure your so called best friends already told you how difficult it is to back out once a chaebol says something." 

Naeun nodded. 

"You should go home now. I just sent your parents my greetings." 

 Naeun's eyes widden. She rushed home. Myungsoo laughed in joy as he watched Naeun run home. 


"From your son-in-law?..." said Mrs. Son. 

Naeun broke the door open, "Omma! Appa!" 

"SON NAEUN!" yelled Mrs. Son, "where have you been! you're father is waiting for you." 

Naeun nodded and walked to her dad. 

"What is all of this? Getting married?" yelled Mr. Son.

"Appa.." 

"Bring him over here. Now" demanded Mr. Son.

"But we are not marrying. Myungsoo-shi mistakenly sent these" said Naeun.

"Mistakenly! Who on earth sends all these flowers, silverware set, and food over mistakenly!" yelled Mr. Son. He sighed, "Naeun, Appa is sorry that I can not give you much. I probabaly am too embarrassing for you to accept me as your own father. I'm sorry. But I am truely blessed that you are getting married early. I was afraid that you wouldn't marry at all." 

Naeun started to cry, "So you're happy I'm getting married?" 

Mr. and Mrs. Son nodded. 


Eunji and Chorong had came over to Naeun's house. 

"How was it meeting with prince idiot?" asked Eunji. 

"I think he is out of his mind" said Chorong.

"Well.. I wanted to reject him of getting married, but when I saw how joyful my parents were. I couldn't bear it to say no" said Naeun. 

"SO YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TO HIM?!" yelled both Chorong and Eunji.

"Yes.." replied Naeun. 

"Naeun you're going to regret it. Myungsoo is not those type of  sweet, caring boys" said Eunji, "he's more like a player." 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" asked Chorong. 

"Yes.." replied Naeun. 

"Stop saying yes and give us your full answer!" yelled Eunji, "Naeun!" 

"Unnie.. please don't be mad at me. I'm not happy that I'm marrying him either. It's just.. my parents. They looked so trilled when they heard the word marriage came up. I want them to be happy. I realized that they care and worry for me so much. I don't want them to suffer anymore" said Naeun. 

Chorong and Eunji looked at each other. 

"If thats what you want, then we can't stop you" said Chorong. 

"But beware, once you join the riches, you'll slowly see a whole different world" said Eunji. 

"Stop teasing her Eunji! Naeun it's just you have a lot to learn" said Chorong.

"Like learning what?" asked Naeun. 

"You'll see" said both the girls.