Chapter 9

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk entering the meeting room just a few minutes before the meeting start. He is abit surpised finding Taeyeon already sit there, looking through the file with full of concentration. Leeteuk wondered when she got in the meeting room. He then positioned himself in the middle of the table, the usual place where Taeyeon always sit. But since there's already a chairman, that place is not for Taeyeon again, and she changes her seat in the right of Leeteuk.

Taeyeon didn't made any effort to look up when she realized someone opening the door. When someone sit at the middle place he already know who is. Taeyeon always get in the meeting room 15 minutes before the meeting start. That's just her habit. All the employee at first thought they already late when they see Taeyeon sitting calmly there, but as Nayoung explain to them, out of Taeyeon radar of course, the other empolyee had understand that their Director Kim always come 15 minutes earlier.

"You came early?" Leeteuk look at Taeyeon that full of concentration of her file, that she didn't even greet him.

"I always 15 minutes earlier." Taeyeon said flatly, flipping her file and continue reading it.

Leeteuk just nodded. Soon after, all the managers started entering the meeting room. Filling the once empty and silence empty room become full. Today meeting is to report all that happened in their department, what they are planning for the next project and others things. Leeteuk listened seriously, not leaving any single that left from the managers. Taeyeon also take note in her iPad from all the presentation.

The meeting that last for 2 hours had ended. Everyone started to leave the meeting room after bowing to Leeteuk and Taeyeon. Leeteuk stand up, about to leave the meeting room but notice Taeyeon didn't lift her from the seat. She still checking everything from her iPad. Writing continuously in her file and iPad. Leeteuk raised his eyebrows.

"Aren't you leaving, Taeyeon?"

That voice again. The voice that call her name, that calm her heart. "I will leave later." She didn't give a glance to Leeteuk.

"O..kay.", Leeteuk said hesitantly. He want to stay with her, so that he can have so many time with her. But, since the office time already over, his other mind also told him to just go home. Leeteuk don't know what to do, but his feet dragging him out of the meeting room.

15 minutes had passed. Taeyeon take all her files in her hands and also her iPad. Taeyeon closed the door, and her steps came into stop when she saw Leeteuk leaning on the wall. Leeteuk look up at Taeyeon when he heard the door closed. He smile to her. And Taeyeon don't know why that smile give something in Taeyeon stomache. Taeyeon also can't stop staring at his warm smile.

Leeteuk walk towards Taeyeon, that smile still lingered in his lips. "Since this is my forst day, I'm thinking about treating you today? How about that?"

The distance that so close between them had to made Taeyeon look up as to have the same eye level with Leeteuk. It took seconds for her to answer. Finally, the soft yes came out from . Leeteuk smile, glad Taeyeon didn't reject the offer. Actually, he had been thinking on how to have a good time with Taeyeon. And this idea come up.

Both of them drive in their own car, after Leeteuk mentioned the restaurant name. And they also arrived simultaneously. Leeteuk choose the not so crowded restaurant, because from the previous conversation, he already knew Taeyeon didn't like crowded place. Both of them choose to sit near the glass window seat. The waiter come, asking for their order. Leeteuk realized one thing from Taeyeon, again, she really likes to drink camomile tea. This afternoon he saw Nayoung brought camomile tea for her, and now she also already camomile tea.

"You like camomile tea?" Taeyeon is currently looking out from the window, watching an artificial lake from the restaurant. Taeyeon can see a clear view since the place she choose is where is face the full artificial lake.

Taeyeon snapped her head to Leeteuk, raised an eyebrows to him. Wondering how this man can tell she like camomile tea.

Leeteuk understand what that look mean, he smile before answering her. "I met Nayoung and saw she brought you camomile tea. You also order camomile too recently. Ain't I right?"

Taeyeon just nodded. He really on observed person.

"Why?" Leeteuk ask again. All about her is just intrigued. Taeyeon wondering whether to answer his question or not. "Because it always calm me.', eyes looking outside, Taeyeon said in a soft voice.

Noted. Leeteuk take a note in his mind.

"How long have you been working at PK?"

"6 years."

"Assuming from your age, then you were working when you still in college." Taeyeon turn her head slowly, looking at Leeteuk. His calculating is really quick.

"I'm not."

Leeteuk surprised. She said she had been working for 6 years, then she must worrked when she just 20. 20 is a time when you still in college, if Leeteuk calculation is not wrong.

"You not?" Leeteuk ask disbelievingly.

"I just need 3 years to graduate. And I apply to PK after I graduated." Taeyeon explain effortlessly.

Leeteuk nodded understanding, really genius, huh? No wonder his father said she is the gold. The gold that no one can own her.

"Why choose PK, then?"

Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder. "Just feel like."

Just then, the order came. Taeyeon had order a beef steak, while Leeteuk himself order a vegetable salad. Taeyeon didn't qeustion further. The first thing Leeteuk notice is that, Taeyeon drink her camomile tea first then touching the food. With her two hands holding the glass, Taeyeon look outside the glass window. Sipping on the tea slowly. Just that action able to make Leeteuk smile. He too engrossed in wwatching Taeyeon action, that he also didn't touch his food.

Taeyeon put down the glass and start to cut the steak. And so Leeteuk, picking up the fork, he start to dig in his salad. Both of them eat in silence. Leeteuk enjoy every moment with her. Although, he knew, Taeyeon is not the type to kept talking. It must be Leeteuk to ask thing first so Taeyeon will talk to him. But Leeteuk didn't mind. As long as he can with Taeyeon.

Taeyeon in a bathtub that full of the soap foam. She had been in there for almost like 45 minute, and all she do just look blankly ahead. She kept replying the scene when she with Leeteuk. How that man talk so softly to her, smile warmly to her, call her name that for her so sweet. She didn't know why all that man do to her just feel so good to her. He want to know her more, she knew it. But she didn't mad for some reason. She already used to live alone, no one care for her. And she also didn't mind. But that man, even her genius brain don't know what to say. Especially when he smile at her the moment she stepped out from meeting room. That genuine smile, that warm smile. Ah, she doesn't know what to say.

And today, the very first time she went home early. Except from the day at introduction party. Just 7PM, she already arrived at her penthouse. The moment he ask her for a dinner, she want to reject it, but seeing his eyes, just found her way to say yes. She realized, with his appearance, now her day will be different.

Dress in a casual clothes didn't make Taeyeon beauty lessen. Taeyeon arrived at PK Group just like usual. Today PK Group is a bit crowded since there's an interview for an accounting manager position. All people had waiting in an interview room, west part. Some of them kept repeating the thing they want to say, some kept praying, some just play games to relax themself. 9 o'clock. Taeyeon and Leeteuk walk together entering the interview room. Everyone became tense as they had heard the rumor about Taeyeon, that really fierce and strict when it came to work. Entering the room inside, soon, one by one the interviewers name started to call.

The first interviewers entered, making everyone became more nervous. Just 10 minutes, the person exit the room, while cursing all he can. The second person entered, and now he can feel what the person before feel. Although the Chairman may look humble and kind, there's a different aura from the Director itself. The man sit in the chair that had been provided.

Taeyeon read the man profile for a while, and look up to see the man that avoided any eye contact with her. Beside her Leeteuk also read the man profile. Taeyeon then start the interview. And DANG! The man answered it with a cold sweat. Why not? The question Taeyeon gives is like a poison, that once you answer it wrongly, then you can say goodbye for the chance.

3 hour had passed, Leeteuk and Taeyeon hadn't found the right person to be an accounting department. It's not that some of them didn't qualify enough, but it's that they are too unexperienced. Some also didn't take the interview seriously. A view man that don't believe the rumor start to flirt with Taeyeon, and the result, some of them got dragged by a big man in black suit. And what more severe is that, Taeyeon recognized there's a man from the rival company. O-Oh, Taeyeon of course knew their motived. Spying their company. Leeteuk a bit surpirsed at all Taeyeon action.

The question she fired to the interviewers all is the easy question, but need a logic and smart person to answer it. Some of them can't answer it rightly. Even some just answer it different from the question. Some also just rant what they can. Leeteuk nearly face-palmed in front of them, but didn't want to act rudely. What more surprised is that, the moment one interviewers entered, Taeyeon already call 2 big men to dragged the person out. Leeteuk a bit confused actually, but, Taeyeon just bluntly explained he is from the rival company that want to spy PK Group. Leeteuk was felt in awe.

Taeyeon look at her wrist watch, already lunch time but there's no result. Waste of time, she thought.

The next interviewer entered in. A woman in her super tight shirt, a skirt that didn't reach half of her tight, a super killing high heels and a face full of make up, entered in. Leeteuk was drinking a water from the bottle and he chocked lightly when he saw the next interviewers appearance. It's not an appearance for interview. It's more like.. you know. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter