Chapter 19

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon was sitting on the floor, leaning on the bed behind her. Her eyes look straight at the floor to ceiling window blankly. There's nothing in front. The window was closed with white curtain. Her whole penthouse was dark.

 

Her mind was flashback to what happen earlier. The kiss. Leeteuk confession. Everything.

 

"It's because I love you, Kim Taeyeon." Leeteuk shout. Making Taeyeon halt in her step.

 

"I, like you since the first time I saw you. And now this feeling has grown became love. I love you, Kim Taeyeon." Leeteuk was panting as he shout.

 

A tears drop from her eyes without her want it.

 

"From now on, stop calling my name. Stop talking to me. Stop calling me! STOP EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING TO ME." Her voice get higher as she said her last sentence.

 

Leeteuk look at her, hurt.

 

Her tears keep coming down. She doesn't know she even didn't stop it. She doesn't know why she just let her tears down. Maybe it's one of her way to express her feelings.

 

"Then why did you kissed me back if you don't have the same feelings with me?"

 

"I want to Melt your heart, Taeyeon-ah. Give me a chance to enter your heart."

 

She cried hard. Hugging her knees, she sobbing hard that night. Why does it hurt her? Why does her heart felt heavy? Why? She cried hard as Leeteuk words echoed in her minds.

 

"I know you have the same feeling with me. But you just don't know. You're afraid."

 

Afraid. That one word. Her subconscious know that is true. But Taeyeon doesn't want to agree with it. She refused. But, as she kept denying, her heart hurt more. Her heart felt more heavy as it already been.

 

She embrace her knees, tighten that before. Sobbing hard. But, her chest still felt tighten. She hit her chest, repeatedly. She can't breath. Why? She doesn't know why. But as she kept thinking about Leeteuk word, she more her chest tighten and she find it hard to breath.

 

 

The water going down, pouring Leeteuk that under the shower. The event a few hours ago, playing in his mind like a movie. Taeyeon words. Taeyeon looks to him. Everything about that woman making him insane.

 

He rub his face and sigh, hard. He turn off the shower, and get out from that big and luxury bathroom of him. Wearing a robe, he went out heading to his work desk in his bedroom while drying his hair.

 

He sit there, but doesn't know what to do. He is lifeless. And she able to make me crazy.

 

He closed his eyes momentarily. After that, he resumed working. Trying to forget everything for a while. Cause he's gonna facing that woman again for tomorrow.

 

 

"Director Kim." Nayoung call Taeyeon once. But the latter didn't reply back. Nayoung tried once again, but still got the same reply. She had been reading her schedule, but realize Taeyeon is not like usual self. She was zoning out.

 

Taeyeon sigh. She doesn't know why she can't stop thinking yesterday event. Moreover, about Leeteuk. Since morning, that's the thing that had been consuming her mind. And for the first time, she can't concentrate on her work. That's unusual of her.

 

Nayoung tried to call her again but was halted by Taeyeon. Taeyeon sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment. And Nayoung waited for her patiently.

 

"You can leave now." Taeyeon said restlessly.

 

Nayoung was surprised but didn't say a words. She hasn't finish what she's going to say to Taeyeon. But nevertheless, Nayoung excuses herself, and leave Taeyeon.

 

"Nayoung." A call made Nayoung turn back again as she was about to leave that room.

 

Taeyeon turn her chair. Back facing Nayoung.

 

"Cancel all my schedules today. I don't want to be disturbed." Taeyeon said tiredly.

 

Nayoung was worried over Taeyeon. But she also doesn't want to disturb her.

 

As Nayoung left, Taeyeon sigh hardly. Her body was there but her mind wasn't there. She hardly forget last night. She's the type that easily forget things she want to forget. But this time, as she want to forget it, she can't.

 

Leeteuk, in his room was watching Taeyeon from his CCTV. He saw how Taeyeon was different than other days. Le sigh.

 

Sandeul called his hyung, yet the later didn't replied. He called again. Still same. He then followed Leeteuk eyes, he is staring at the woman in that CCTV.

 

"Hyung!" He called louder.

 

The later then turned his head, looking at Sandeul emotionlessly. Sandeul shake his head. He hand over the file he is holding to Leeteuk.

 

"Here, the file." Leeteuk accept it, read it for a while and sign it. After that giving back to Sandeul again.

 

He was then back to his original position. Looking straight at the TV where a woman that is sleeping inside that TV.

 

Sandeul ask carefully. "Hyung, gwaenchanha?"

 

"Hmm." The later just hummed absentmindedly.

 

"You sure?" Sandeul ask again unsure.

 

"Hmm."

 

Sandeul felt weird with his hyung behavior. It must be because of Director Kim. I thought they were okay. Sandeul tilt his head wondering.

 

He then walk out slowly, but then turn back again. "Hyung, don't forget medicine."

 

And again, "Hmm."

 

Sandeul sigh. It will be a long day.

 

 

The wind is not bad for a season that nearing winter. The view from here, well, for her is not bad also. She step out from the window. This is the first time Taeyeon ever came to company rooftop. For the 6 years she works, she never came here. She doesn't even know how it look like.

 

She walk slowly. Looking around. The rooftop was design to be like a garden, making a comfortable and nice atmosphere. Ahead of her, was design by Mr. Park to make a helipad. A table and bench around there, so that other employee can enjoy after the hectic work.

 

She walk slowly until she reach the border between helipad and the rooftop. A wind blow her hair, making it a bit messy but she doesn't care. She closed her eyes. Feeling the wind at this afternoon. And sigh.

 

She embraced herself. Her eyes is full of confused, loose, and worry. She sigh. She doesn't know for how many times she already sigh in that day.

 

She then headed to the bench in that rooftop. As she was walking by she noticed something hidden in the wall. What's that? A shoes. She then walk closer again. A legs? Taeyeon furrowed her head. What the heck a legs doing at there? And who is that?

 

Taeyeon stop her steps right in front of the person. He is sleeping at there, with his hands crossed at his chest. Sleeping soundly on the floor, leaning on the wall. His leg was crossed.

 

Taeyeon then look at him, from head to toe. His head wasn't stable since his head is not leaning on the wall. The wind blow them. Making his hair being blown by the wind, creating a but messy hair.

 

Taeyeon doesn't know what push her until she squat down in front of him. Staring at a face that confessed his feeling last night. Her mind kept thinking. What should I do to you?

 

She then bow her head. Her mind was in lose. There's never had she in this stressful state for the past 11 years. She had set herself not to care about everything, that's why she never felt trouble. But then, a man suddenly appear in her life, messing with her life, her mind, and moreover, her heart.

 

Leeteuk wake up when he felt sore in his neck. He massage it to ease the pain and open his eyes. He look at the person in front of him that lose in her mind. Doesn't realize that he already awake and now staring at her. He smile.

 

"Taeyeon-ah." He called out softly.

 

Taeyeon slowly raised her head. Her eyes widened as she realized Leeteuk already awake and now smiling at her. She controlled her emotion back to the emotionless Taeyeon. She hurriedly stand up, almost stumble back since her legs is numb for crouching too long, if not for Leeteuk that quick enough to catch her, making her end up in Leeteuk embrace.

 

Taeyeon was lost in words. Felt like she was paralyzed. She doesn't know what to do. Should she push her like last night? Should she run away now? What about what she said last night to him? She was numb from everything.

 

Leeteuk hug her like she's a fragile glass. Tight, yet not hurting her. He brush her hair slowly, rhythmical. Smelling her ever sweet-scene apple smell hair. He doesn't mind what she told him last night. He know her feelings more that herself. And he understand her, willing to melt her heart no matter how she hard she push him away.

 

"Just as you know." He whispered right in her ears. "I'm not easily give up." He smile. He can't guess what is Taeyeon reaction right now, but it won't be far than emotionless and blank one.

 

"Can you hear my heart that beat fast for you?" Leeteuk intentionally hug her closer.

 

Silence for a while. Giving a chance for Taeyeon able to hear his heartbeat. And she doesn't know why, but her heart also follow that heart beat. I'm going crazy now. Taeyeon scream in her head.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter