Chapter 37

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jooeun stare at her friend long face ever since they arrived at the restaurant. Not to mention she kept pursuing her lips as she flipped the menu book. Jooeun shook her head and sigh loudly.

 

“Yah, what’s with that long face?”

 

Akira clucked her tongue. “I thought it’s only the two of us here. But why on earth did you ask that woman to come?” she glare at her.

 

“That woman name Kim Taeyeon, Akira dear.”

 

Akira sigh loudly. She really didn’t like the idea of eating with the woman that used to be Jooeun best friend. When Jooeun ask her to have dinner tonight, she thought it’s only going to be two of them, but on their way here, Jooeun had told her that she also invite Taeyeon to come. Oh, she just lost her mood.

 

“If I know she’s coming, I’m not coming here.” she muttered angrily.

 

Jooeun shook her head seeing Akira. She doesn’t know what’s the problem within her and Taeyeon when they rarely met or talk to each other.

 

“I’m the one did her wrong, why do you hate her?”

 

“Tsk. I don’t need a reason to hate people, do I?”

 

Jooeun about to replied back when she saw Taeyeon enter the restaurant and look around.

 

“Here, Taeyeon-ah.” she raised her hand so as Taeyeon could see her. Akira beside her sneer and Jooeun only ignore her.

 

Taeyeon sit right across Jooeun, her eyes glance at Akira that covered her face with the menu book. Jooeun put a smile to Taeyeon and pulled the menu book from Akira by force. Akira about to curse loudly to Jooeun, but prevent herself as Taeyeon was looking at her, and raise an eyebrow to her. Did she just raise her brow to me? Akira thought, felt offended.

 

“Have you order?” Taeyeon ask Jooeun lowly. Jooeun nod her head eagerly. Is she dreaming right now? Taeyeon just ask her, things that she never did for the few days lunch she had with her.

 

Taeyeon then order her own dish and the table was engulfed in silence.

 

“I thought Chairman would come with you.” Jooeun start to break the ice surrounding the table.

 

“He’s busy.” Taeyeon said nonchalantly.

 

“Why should you come then?” Akira muttered lowly, but Taeyeon managed to catch what she said. She shook her head lightly. It’s her first time to meet Akira. Well, not first time if Taeyeon saw her when she enter the elevator that time.

 

Jooeun pinch Akira thigh and she jerk back as she felt Jooeun fingers dig into her thigh. She glare at Jooeun that now put on a smile at her, but she turn her head as Taeyeon was looking at her like she’s some weird person. Oh my, did her eyes just humiliate me? Akira had to prevent herself to claw Taeyeon.

 

To be honest, Jooeun don’t like how awkward the table is. It’s only her that did the whole talking. Taeyeon would answer if she ask her, and Akira.. Should Jooeun mention how she really want to kick her right at the moment? She kept saying things as if Taeyeon wasn’t there.

 

Though Taeyeon didn’t said a word to every word Akira said, but still, Jooeun felt like the dinner didn’t went well like how she want. She really will throttle Akira after this.

 

“Akira and I are planning for a hot spring this weekend. Do you want to join us?” Akira was bulging her eyes to Jooeun that just ignore her. Did she just invite Taeyeon to their weekend getaway? Oh my, Jooeunnie, you’re unbelievable. She grim. She crossed her arms in annoyance.

 

Taeyeon eyed Akira that was now crossing her arms and fuming in anger.

 

“I’m busy.” that statement enough to make Jooeun lose her spirit just in a matter of seconds. Can’t blame Taeyeon though.

 

“Okay.” Jooeun replied, trying to sound okay when she’s disappoint. Alright, there’s still another time.

 

To be honest, she’s being greedy for the past week. Since Taeyeon had agree to have lunch with her, she tried her luck for the next day, and Taeyeon still accept her offer. It’s been a week since she had lunch with Taeyeon, sometimes with Leeteuk. Minus Akira of course since she doesn’t felt like eating in the same table with Taeyeon, that’s what she told Jooeun whenever Jooeun ask her to have lunch.

 

She thought Taeyeon would agree to every offer she ask her, but, people can’t be too greedy sometimes. She’s fine with Taeyeon having lunch with her. She should be more patient. Why’s she rushing things now?

 

The three of them exit the restaurant after the not so fine dinner. Jooeun sigh inwardly.

 

“Gomawo, Taeyeon-ah.. For coming tonight.” she said gratefully to Taeyeon. And the later only nodded her head nonchalantly. That’s make Akira more grim to Taeyeon. Can’t she just said no, it’s fine. Don’t mention it. Oh my, that gizibe.

 

Taeyeon then walk to her car but she stop her step. Jooeun that watch her back frown. Did she forget her things inside? But Taeyeon turn back, looking at her flatly.

 

“I can bring you home.” she tried to sound nonchalantly, but why did Jooeun heard it that Taeyeon was being the old Taeyeon she know. A smile form on Jooeun lips. Before she could nod her head, Akira had pulled her hand.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re agreeing?” she whisper right at Jooeun ears. But Jooeun only give her a grin. Akira open in annoyance.

 

“Sure.” she answered Taeyeon eagerly and Akira felt like strangle her best friend at that time. But before she could do it, Jooeun had walk to Taeyeon car, leaving her no choice but to follow Taeyeon, if she doesn’t want to be left.

 

Just a few weeks after Akira move to Seoul, she had decided to live with Jooeun. Jooeun place’s quite large for a person to live. Won’t it be funny if Akira was left alone to take a bus to their place when the owner was taking a car?

 

For the whole ride, they didn’t make a talk. Akira was sitting at behind seat, sulky. She kept pouting her lips as she look outside the Seoul night view. Jooeun really make her hurt her pride by sitting inside Taeyeon car right now.

 

Jooeun didn’t make any word to Taeyeon since she know Taeyeon also the person that limit to words. By sitting beside her while she drive both her and Akira home had been a bless to her. She doesn’t want to ruin it.

 

 

The maid welcome Taeyeon home, and she nod her head in acknowledge. She head to Leeteuk room directly and found the room was empty. She know where he’s now. But she will met him after she wash up. What a tired day for her.

 

It tooks 30 minutes for Taeyeon to done her shower. As she done, she head to Leeteuk study room, and found him in between the file at the table. Leeteuk hadn’t realize that Taeyeon at the door, staring at him. Taeyeon pondered for a while and head to the kitchen, making a tea for Leeteuk.

 

As she done, she open Leeteuk study room, which look more like a library actually. But Taeyeon like how the room look like, it’s quite. Leeteuk raised his head from the report he’s currently reading. He smile seeing who came to him.

 

“You’re home.” Leeteuk pulled Taeyeon to sit on his lap and smell her. He like how Taeyeon smell. And he can tell she just done showering.

 

Taeyeon played with Leeteuk hair as he rest his head at Taeyeon neck. “Still not done, yet?”

 

Leeteuk only answer her in hummed as he closed his eyes, resting his eyes and head at Taeyeon neck. Feeling her smell, feeling her hand that play with his hair, feeling every touch she gave her. He admit it, it ease him for a while.

 

“I’ll do it.” Taeyeon hand about to reach Leeteuk folder but he was quick enough to pull back Taeyeon hand and now trap her. Preventing her from moving.

 

“No need to. It’s my works, not yours.” he mumbled without opening his eyes.

 

Taeyeon sigh. “You can’t lose sleep, you know that.” she state in a matter of fact.

 

“Hmm.. Ara..”

 

Taeyeon pulled her hand from Leeteuk embrace and now putting it at Leeteuk neck, pulling him closer to rest at her neck, and her hand brush his hair. Leeteuk snuggle closer to Taeyeon and felt calm when Taeyeon brush his hair. Taeyeon rest her head on top of Leeteuk head.

 

“Why am I seeing myself in you now?” Taeyeon mumbled lowly.

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “What is it?”

 

“Workaholic.”

 

“It’s because of you.” Taeyeon raised her brows. “Na?”

 

“Hmm..” but he soon frown as Taeyeon flick his head. He opened his eyes and found Taeyeon looking at him flatly.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Aspersion.” Leeteuk laugh slightly. He then pinch her left cheek, and Taeyeon also pinch his cheek. If Leeteuk stretch her cheek wider, Taeyeon would do the same. If Leeteuk pull her cheek upward, she would do the same. If he kept playing with her cheek, she would do the same. Taeyeon then pinch his other cheek. Things that Leeteuk won’t be able to do since his right hand had been holding Taeyeon waist.

 

“I win.” she smile, her eyes tingling in excitement.

 

Leeteuk laughing, shook his head. He kiss her jaw lightly, then her cheeks, her ears, and he continued to bombard Taeyeon with kiss till Taeyeon shrieked, asking him to stop. Not to mention, his other hand was now tickling her.

 

“Ah.. Geu.. manhae..” she tried to stop Leeteuk in between her laugh, but Leeteuk won’t stop.

 

“1-1. We’re even.” he said gleefully.

 

Taeyeon tried to catch her breath. After that she look at Leeteuk, her eyes challenge him. She cup his face hard, making him look like a duck now. Or Mr. Puff? Okay, whatever it is. Taeyeon laugh seeing Leeteuk face. She leaned in and kiss the lips, then she play with his face again and laugh. Play with his face and laugh and kiss it. Again, and again. Leeteuk didn’t do anything to Taeyeon. For him, being able to see Taeyeon laugh freely was something precious to him. He’s willing to do anything, as long as he able to see Taeyeon laugh.

 

“Let’s sleep now.” Taeyeon nodded, and clung her arms at Leeteuk, resting her head at his shoulder as Leeteuk carry her bridal style to Leeteuk room, or it’s their room now?

 

He laid Taeyeon at bed carefully and followed Taeyeon to bed soon. He took the remote at the bedside and turn off the lamp at the room, leaving only the bedside lamp that lighten the room. He embrace Taeyeon and kiss her, saying their goodnight to each other, and soon, only a soft breath that can be heard at the room. They had went to their dreamland.

 

 

The moment Jooeun open the pantry, she quickly run to Taeyeon and gasp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter