Chapter 7

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 o'clock PM. Taeyeon switch off all her computer and the lights in her office room. Taeyeon decided just continued her work at home. Upon arrivingg at the first floor, two security bow to her. Taeyeon just give a nod. Taeyeon car today just park at the outdoor parking lot. As she was about to open her car door, someone from behind pull her hand and Taeyeon was dumped off to the ground. Taeyeon a bit shock, and when she looked up, a man in black shirt and black jacket, with him a black cap to covered his face so other will not recognized him.

The man just smirk at him.

"Hello, Director Kim.", His voice is just full of mocking.

Taeyeon look at him, Lee Hwang Yu, standing in front of her with that smirk that she really want to wipe off. Taeyeon stand up, and give a cold stare to him. Taeyeon never afraid of anything like this, even when he, kill her.

Not long after, Lee Hwang Yu start to beat her off, hard, making Taeyeon jerk back and felt down. Before Taeyeon can stand up, Lee Hwang Yu already pull her, making her back leaning on her front car. Still not satisfied, Lee Hwang Yu start to throw all punches to her, endlessly. Taeyeon also tried to prevent the punch, but most of all it fails. Taeyeon become weaker, and couldn't struggle again.

Lee Hwang Yu smirking evilly, thinking this is his victory. He was about to threw his next punches when two security came rushing to him. Lee Hwang Yu let go of Taeyeon and run away, but unfortunately, the security is more quicker than him. One of them help Taeyeon and called an ambulance for her. Taeyeon sit in the floor, looking devastated. She can see how Lee Hwang Yu still want a more revenge on her. The ambulance and a police car come simultaneously. Lee Hwang Yu was brought to police station, while Taeyeon was brought to hospital.

Na Young arrived in front of Taeyeon hospital room. After a light knock, Na Young came in with a pile of work. An hour before Na Young was about to go to the company, Taeyeon gave her a call, telling her to bring her work at her desk at hospital. Na Young was surpirsed when Taeyeon said she's in hospital, but didn't ask furthermore. Later on, she knew from the security that Lee Hwang Yu attacked her last night.

Entering, Na Young can see Taeyeon in her hospital attire sitting in the desk that available at the hospital room, busying checking every of her work at her iPad. Na Young bow to her before putting the files in the desk. Taeyeon just gave a nod to her.

"Take care of the company first while I'm here." She started to take one of the file and start reading it.

"Ne, Director."

"You may leave."

Na Young bow down once again and left the room. Taeyeon was about to reach another file, when she felt a pain in her stomach. She winced. Lee Hwang Yu really gave her a hard punch. But lucky enough he just aimed his punch in her stomach, that her face didn't had any trace of the punch. The doctor said she needed a few days rest to be able to heal completely. But Taeyeon never take a rest in her life. Even now she still insist on working even though all her work can be handle by Na Young.

"DIRECTOR KIM DIDN'T COME TODAY! LET'S PARTY!!" Lee Eunhyuk shout out loud to all his officemate. Na Young had announced to all department that Taeyeon will not be able to come today since she is kind of 'sick'. Nayoung didn't told the real reason why Taeyeon is absence. Some wondering how can the robot like Taeyeon can sick, even for this 6 years, Taeyeon never absence once. But some just don't care so much, just like this person.

The marketing department went wild after hearing the news. Soon, the whole department was dancing with the loud music booming over the floor.

The elevator door open, revealing Na Young. She entered the department, and shake her head seeing all of them.

"PLEASE STOP THE MUSIC AND CONTINUE TO WORK!", because of the loud music, Na Young had to shout out loud. But all of them too busy dancing that they didn't notice Na Young there shouting at them. Na Young want to turn off the music speaker, but she didn't knew where the music speaker is.

Na Young try again, not just once, but until she felt like will dry soon because of too much shouting. Na Young give up. I give up. Director Kim will handle them tomorrow.

And, turn out it didn't need until tomorrow for Taeyeon to handle the marketing department. 11 o'clock, Taeyeon arrived in her work floor. Na Young, Minah and Jookyung surprised to see her. Because they thought Taeyeon won't came again for today. Three of them bow to her. Na Young report to her what had happened while Taeyeon is not at the place.

"But, Director Kim..", Na Young seems hesitate to told Taeyeon.

Taeyeon cocked her head lightly to Na Young, her stare mean for Na Young to continue. "The marketing department is a bit troublesome.", Na Young finished it.

"Marketing department?"

"Yes, Director."

Taeyeon soon entering her room, checking the 60 inch television screen. The television had set into the CCTV channel. Taeyeon can see what happening in the building from that TV. There's about 60 more CCTV that show in the TV. Taeyeon choose the channel to Marketing department. 4 angle of the CCTV show what happening there. All of the marketing department worker had dancing wildly.  Even some of them dancing in the desk. Oh my.

Taeyeon try to call the marketing department, but none answering the phone. And, Taeyeon had enough. Taeyeon zoom off to the marketing department. Na Young, Minah and Jookyung saw how Taeyeon went out from her room with a serious and mad face. Uh-oh, the marketing department mess up, big time.

Just as the elevator door open, Taeyeon can already heard the booming voice. The distance from the elevator and the entrance door of marketing department is about 5 metres. Taeyeon put her thumb in the fingerprint detection machine attached to the glass door. A green light and a word with capslock of PASS appear in the machine. Taeyeon push the door entering the department.

Taeyeon stand in the middle, watching all happened in front of her eyes with boring expression. Taeyeon eyes wander around, and when she find the thing she is looking at, she turn it off. All the people in the department stop dancing, some of them even cursing with the sudden stop.

"! WHO TURN IT OFF??!!!", oh, that's Lee Eunhyuk voice.

Other male voice soon follow, "Yah!!! Jimin, turn the music on!" 

Bu the person name Jimin freeze in her spot. Because Taeyeon is standing in front of her and looking so ever deathly in front if her. Yap, the music stereo is from the worker name Jimin.

Taeyeon standing in the middle, surprising all of them. Some of them jump off directly from the desk, some straighten up their clothes that had become mess because of their wild dance. The whole department become silent.

"Just because I told Na Young to handle the company for awhile, doesn't mean I'm not coming." Taeyeon look over all the people in there. None of them dare to make an eye contact with her.

"I just didn't attend the company for 3 hours, and you all already partying. Great!", she continued. 

"I don't tolerate this. So, the punishment." upon the word punishment all of them look at Taeyeon. They really scare if they got the punishment from Taeyeon, because it's not the punishment like what you got when you're in high school. Wanna know? *wiggle eyebrows*

"Work from 8AM until 8PM. 12 hours straight. No more bonus even if you all have to work all your off. And no lunch provided. All for 3 months. " All of them so shocked to hear the 'punishment' Taeyeon just give. They really in big this time.

The Head Department entering the department, seeing the gloomy state from his worker. Moreover, surprised Taeyeon is there as well. He just came back from the meeting with a client from morning, leaving him in a big question mark.

He bow down, before greeting Taeyeon, "Good afternoon, Director. May I know what made you came here?"

"Your worker here, partying while I'm not here. So, for the punishment Mr. Han, they are not allowed to went home before 8, no more bonus, and no lunch provided. The punishment valid for 3 months. And you can't help them, or you will be doing the punishment together with them." She said it all without giving a glance to Mr. Han. Mr. Han just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter