Chapter 18

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A bell ring when Taeyeon was putting on her black Christian Louboutin on her feet. She wear her heels nicely and open the door. There stand Leeteuk in front of her door, effortlessly handsome. He smile to her.

"You done?" He asked.

Taeyeon nodded then head back to the living room, picking a paper bag on top of the table. After that, both heading to the elevator.

Inside the elevator, Taeyeon hand over the paper bag to Leeteuk. Inside that is Leeteuk coat that already washed by Taeyeon last night.

Leeteuk smile. He gaze at Taeyeon, and asked, "Have a good sleep last night?"

Taeyeon gaze at Leeteuk and turn back. Silence for a while since she had been wondering. Should she thanks him or not? She's not the type that said thanks when someone do something for her, that she never asked for.

"Gomawo." Leeteuk was surprised when Taeyeon thanks him in a low and soft voice, almost inaudible. But since the elevator only the both of them and silence, luckily he can hear it.

Leeteuk chuckled, "Well then, you're welcome."

He chuckled more when he saw Taeyeon face redden. Taeyeon herself don't know why saying 'thanks' can make her face red. She turn her head, facing another side, not wanting Leeteuk to see her already red face.

A phone ring, it's Sandeul that call Leeteuk. The same time the elevator door open, Leeteuk pick up the phone.

"Oh, Sandeul. Why?" Leeteuk answered while walking into his car with Taeyeon beside him.

"We got an invitation from ADC. But we got problem here." Sandeul replied on the other line.

Leeteuk then put on a bluetooth earpiece as soon as he enter his car. Putting on his seatbelt and look at Taeyeon, whether she's ready or not. After that, he replied again to Sandeul.

"ADC? What's that?" He start the engine, and the car left the car park.

Taeyeon on the other hand already had an idea about what they are talking about. She's the one usually handle things about ADC.

"It's Art and Design Culture. The company always received their invitation to join the competition every year."

"Hmm. Geuraesseo?"

"Are you on your way now? We'll just discussed it later when you arrived. Oh, right, tell Director Kim that probably beside you, we're having a meeting together." Sandeul laugh upon saying that last sentence. He know though his hyung is picking up Director Kim right now.

Leeteuk chuckled hearing what Sandeul said. That dongsaeng of him always right about what he said. He glanced at Taeyeon that look out at the window.

"Okay." With that, the phone call end. Leeteuk removed the bluetooth earpiece and place it in it place like before.

"What's ADC? Sandeul said our company got the invitation just now." Leeteuk asked Taeyeon, wanting to know a bit about ADC.

"Art and Design Culture. It's a big club where all famous and talented designer of the world gathered. Our company always received invitation from them to join the competition."

"And then..?"

"They will gather the winner on each country, and that winners will compete again. The winner, will be offer money, and 3 months training." Explained Taeyeon, that, well.. doesn't look at Leeteuk a bit. Instead, looking straight ahead.

Leeteuk nodded his head as Taeyeon explained. "And you're the one that always in charge. Aren't you?"

"Hmm." Taeyeon hummed as the answer.

ADC actually a competition that the design team from PK Group had been waiting for. It always held once a year, giving a few months for the designers to prepare and design their masterpiece.

As last year competition, Donghae -as the team leader-, and his team, got 1st place in all South Korea, making them depart to Brazil for another round with other designer all the world. A weeks of competition had ended with Donghae and team as the first winner.

Chairman Park that time was really proud with The design team work, and not to mention, for 3 years in a row, with Taeyeon help, their design team got the 1st place. He admit it, their design team rarely got 1st place when they compete with other country designer. He know Taeyeon is multi talented. And from Nayoung, he know, Taeyeon stay late at night with the design team, helping them with making a design and other thing.

 

As soon as they arrived, Leeteuk and Taeyeon was escorted to meeting room by Nayoung. Inside the meeting room already wait Sandeul and Donghae. Both Sandeul and Donghae stand up, welcoming them. Donghae bow to Leeteuk and Taeyeon, which just got respond from Leeteuk that smile back to him.

Just like how they already know Taeyeon, she didn't replied and just head to her seat. They all sit in their seat, with Leeteuk as the Chairman in the center of that mini meeting room long table.

Nayoung then hand out a copy of papers to Leeteuk and Taeyeon that contain rules and conditions of ADC Competition (ADCC). Both read it while Sandeul began to explained.

"Just like how we know, PK always got invitation from ADC. They are giving us 5 months for the preparations and other thing for the design. But the problem here is that, design team is in need of people." Sandeul explained professionally like he already know everything outside the head.

Leeteuk pause, and look at Donghae. "In need of people? I thought design team already got enough people."

"It was. But two of them resign just a few days before the invitation came. And with 4 people in my team, including me, it's a bit troublesome."

Leeteuk nodded understanding. "Then, how many people you need again?"

"One person enough. But I need the expert one." Donghae answered. He steal a glance for a while at Taeyeon that read without making any sounds. Luckily for Donghae, no one notice his quick glance though.

"I guess we need to make an audition. Since we don't want to waste more time, how about 3 days.  Is that enough?" Leeteuk suggest.

"Yeah, I think it's enough time." Sandeul complied.

"Nayoung?" Leeteuk look at Nayoung, asking whether she's okay with the rush 3 days or not.

"Yes, Chairman." Nayoung replied confidently.

"Take 30 people only. If within 3 days we can't find people that suit our category, I will take part." Taeyeon suddenly voice out, with her action that crossed her arms. Upon that voice, everyone in that room of course turn their head to her.

"W-what?" Said Sandeul out loud upon hearing what Taeyeon said. He know Taeyeon is multi talented, based on what Mr. Park had said, but oh-my-god, is this woman really like to work that much 'till she volunteered herself?

Nayoung is already used to Taeyeon that take part in ADCC. But she still doesn't like it when Taeyeon forced herself working on the design that may take up her sleep and lunch time. That's why, no matter how, within 3 days she need to find people soon to replace the design member, cause she know if they can't find it within 3 days, Taeyeon herself that will volunteered in this competition. And told you, it means a code blue.

Leeteuk just look at Taeyeon without a word. But actually he's worried with what Taeyeon just said. He actually never heard about Taeyeon taking part in ADCC. Although he believe, Taeyeon is also not bad when it comes to design. But the things is that, she will overwork herself.

Donghae, on the other side, just observed her silently. He sigh inwardly. When it comes to work and about company, Taeyeon will overwork herself till she forgot to eat, and also sleep.

"Okay, we'll take 30 people only. Sandeul, Nayoung, start to make the advertisement and announcement now. Discuss with Donghae about the criteria of the people. If there's problem, just find me." Leeteuk finalized.

Everyone nodded agree to Leeteuk, but except Taeyeon though. She sit there listening with her arms cross and emotionless face.

"The meeting end here." Leeteuk stand up, which the other follow, and they left the meeting room one by one.

Leeteuk and Taeyeon, subconsciously walk together ahead. Sandeul and Nayoung follow behind just like how they always follow their boss. And Donghae, pity you dear.

A message came into Nayoung phone. She read it as they all stop in front the elevator, waiting. After reading it, she then walk forward, approach Taeyeon.

"Director Kim, Mrs. Goo is waiting for you at your room." Nayoung inform.

Taeyeon didn't turn around when Nayoung inform her. But hearing the word 'Mrs. Goo' already make her eyes went hard. She clenched her fist for a while, and in a blink she already back to her nonchalant and emotionless Taeyeon.

Taeyeon just humm in acknowledge. When the elevator open in front of them, the four of them enter, leaving only Donghae. Donghae bow in respect to Leeteuk and Taeyeon. Before the door close, Leeteuk managed to smile back in respond. But Donghae managed to caught a glance of Taeyeon that look blankly ahead.

As the door close, Donghae sigh. His heart hurt a bit when Taeyeon never respond back to him. And he sigh again. "Guess it's not easy to catch her heart." He mumbled and then take another elevator, going to his work floor.

 

Mrs. Goo was sitting in Taeyeon sofa in that room. She came about 5 minutes ago, and Minah told her that Taeyeon went on a meeting with Leeteuk. She was then ushered to Taeyeon office room and told her to wait.

And here she is. Sitting in that expensive black leather sofa, looking around Taeyeon office. She admired how tidy her room is. No matter how busy Taeyeon is, her desk always tidy. No scatter papers. It's neat.

She can imagine herself. Taeyeon sitting behind computer, typing seriously. And then sign a few file that Nayoung hand her. Walking into the coffee maker to make a coffee if she's tired. Standing in the floor to ceiling window while sipping her tea.

Yes. She can imagine what Taeyeon does in this black and white room. But sadly, she wants to see it by herself. She want to do things together with her. Not just things in her mind, or worst, only in her imagination. She wants to do everythings together with her. And want it badly.

Mrs. Goo was brought back to reality when Taeyeon entered the room. She stand up gives a warm and sweet smile to Taeyeon which just reply back with a cold glare. In a blink, Mrs. Goo smile vanished from her face.

 

Taeyeon position herself in front of Mrs. Goo. They sit face to face with Taeyeon that look nonchalant yet cold, and Mrs. Goo that nervous and tense.

Mrs. Goo tried to smile. "I came to give an invitation for you." She take out a luxury gold invitation from her Chanel handbag and hand it to Taeyeon. Taeyeon accept it reluctantly, and soon put it at the table without a glance at it again.

Mrs. Goo was hurt by Taeyeon action, but nonetheless continues. "Next week is my jewelry store opening. I want to thank you for helping me through my business. I really hope, you can come next week." She look at Taeyeon hopefully. Hoping Taeyeon will say yes.

Taeyeon think for a while. She doesn't want to attend that opening, moreover, it's Mrs. Goo store opening.

"I will see later." A brief answered that make Mrs. Goo hope crush down. But then she thought, that doesn't mean Taeyeon won't come. There's a chance Taeyeon will come.

"De-deh. Arasseo." Mrs. Goo forced out a smile. She stand up, looking at Taeyeon once more, trying to give a smile to Taeyeon but she didn't look at her, instead in the window in front of Her.

She then walk out heavily, opening the double door. She look back again. And sadly, Taeyeon didn't give a glance at her.

Mianhae Taeyeon-ah. Eomma.. Jeongmal mianhae..

"Let's have dinner later." Taeyeon close her eyes momentarily upon picking her phone. She should have not pick up when her phone ring. Moreover, it's become her habit not to see the caller ID when picking up her phone.

"I'm busy." And then, she shut off.

She then continue on typing the file she's currently working at. But then, her phone ring again. Habit. She keep typing with her left hand, and pick up her phone using right hand without looking at the caller ID again.

"What should we have later? Japanese? Chinese? Western? You choose." Leeteuk voice again.

From Leeteuk room, he can see Taeyeon closing her eyes furiously from his CCTV tv in his room. He chuckled inwardly.

"I'm busy." And she shut it off again.

This time she turn off her phone. And press number 2 from the telephone in her desk.

"Yes, Director Kim." Nayoung voice greeted her.

"No lunch for today. And I don't want to be disturbed. Or I will fire you." And then, she hang up.

Nayoung about to reply but the person on the other line already hang up. Did Director Kim in a bad mood right now? A call from her saying don't disturb her mean one thing. She's furious right now.

"Invitation?" Leeteuk look at the luxury gold invitation in from of him.

"Mrs. Goo came by to give her invitation. It's her jewelry store opening next week." Sandeul explain whilst pulling a chair and sit in front of Leeteuk.

"Does that mean, Mrs. Goo specially meet Taeyeon just to hand this invitation?" Leeteuk voiced out w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter