Chapter 32

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The penthouse bell had been ringing for the past minutes. Mrs. Goo came to meet Taeyeon, but as she press the bell, Taeyeon never went out to open the door. It’s either Taeyeon isn’t home or, she doesn’t want to open the door because it’s her that coming. She try to call Taeyeon phone the next day after the dinner, but it’s only ringing.

 

She want to come at the company to meet Taeyeon, but she know it would only result to the same thing like usual. She exhaled. She doesn’t know how to make Taeyeon want to talk with her. Leeteuk also not answering her phone ever since then. Come to it, what Leeteuk said is true. She’s too selfish that she never thought of what Taeyeon would feel.

 

The bell in the floor ping. Mrs. Goo lookup and expected Taeyeon that went out. But to her disappointment, it’s Nayoung with Sandeul.

 

“Oh, Mrs. Goo. Annyeonghaseyo.” Nayoung was surprised to find Mrs. Goo in front of Taeyeon penthouse.

 

Mrs. Goo nodded her head. “Where’s Tae- Director Kim?”

 

“She was admitted today.” Mrs. Goo widen her eyes. She panicly ask where she was admitted and Taeyeon room number and walk away from the penthouse, heading to hospital. Sandeul look at Mrs. Goo weirdly. She somehow acting strange when it’s about Taeyeon. He shook his head as he followed Nayoung to enter Taeyeon penthouse. Though she hasn’t wake up yet, but Leeteuk had request to bring some books from Taeyeon penthouse.

 

 

Mrs. Goo car sped up passing the night of Seoul. Worried was eating her as times pass by. What happened? Did Taeyeon get sick? Or.. just like the last time she collapsed right in her eyes, due to asthma attack? She bit her lips in worry. She can’t think of anything but Taeyeon in her mind.

 

As soon as the car pull down, she run to the elevator heading to Taeyeon VVIP room. She look around, and turn to right. Just before she could open the door, Leeteuk went out and he was surprised to find Mrs. Goo. he hurriedly closed the door, in cased Taeyeon see her.

 

“What happened to Taeyeon? Is she alright?” Mrs. Goo look worried.

 

“It’s the sudden asthma.” he replied quietly.

 

Mrs. Goo eyes widen. Just like how she thought of. She’s about to walk past Leeteuk, but Leeteuk prevent her from entering the room.

 

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Goo.. I can’t let you met her in the moment.” he do felt guilty, but what to do. He also can’t risk Taeyeon health right now.

 

“Wha-What? I want to meet her.” she insisted. As she about to open the door, Leeteuk managed to pull Mrs. Goo back gently.

 

“I know it’s wrong to prevent you, but I need you to understand. Taeyeon condition hadn’t been good, and by allowing you to meet her will worsen her condition.”

 

Mrs. Goo look disappoint though. She’s really worried over Taeyeon, and yet here she is, not allowed to meet her daughter. Her shoulder shrink, she really want to meet her, but, if by meeting her will only worsen her condition, she willing to wait till her conditions is back.

 

Quietly, she walk away from there listlessly. Leeteuk was sorry to Mrs. Goo, but.. He need to if he doesn’t want Taeyeon to get worse. He leaned on the door and exhaled. He’s about to make a call for Sandeul, when Taeyeon has awake. She has awake, but all she did was staring at the ceiling without uttering a single word, nor did she move.

 

He go back in, and still found the same Taeyeon in her bed. He took her hand and look at her sadly. How did she turn out like this? It’s worse than the cold and rude Taeyeon.

 

“Taeyeon-ah..” he tried to call her. Yet Taeyeon didn’t respond to him. His heart hurt, looking at Taeyeon in this state.

 

He then lookup as he felt Taeyeon respond back to him by squeezing his hand lightly. He look at her hand and back to Taeyeon. Though nothing change, but at least she’s responding him now. He kiss her hands. He will make Taeyeon back to her normal self.

 

 

Leeteuk look at Taeyeon back bitterly. She only eat a few bite and refused to talk. Now, she only laid side way, backfacing Leeteuk as her eyes wander outside the window. The sky was bright that morning. But not with Taeyeon.

 

A knock on the door make Leetek turn his head. It’s the psychology doctor. He had no choice but to call the doctor, at least the doctor could tell what the best solution in Taeyeon conditions. The doctor nodded his head. He then observed Taeyeon. And went around the bed, now facing the blank Taeyeon.

 

“Ms. Kim, can you hear me?” No answer.

 

“How are you, Ms. Kim?” No answer again. The doctor still continue to talk to her despite Taeyeon didn’t answer him. He also make some note at his chart as he talk to Taeyeon. He noticed Taeyeon would blink once and how her eyes look sorrow. He also watch how Taeyeon didn’t move in her position. He nodded to Leeteuk, and both head out from Taeyeon room.

 

“The lucky thing in Ms. Kim case is that she’s not in heavy stress. Looking at her current state, she’s just don’t felt like telling how she felt, and tend to keep it by herself. Some patient also has same case as Ms. Kim. but the patient end up in more stress and depressed because the family  just let the patient to keep mum. It can’t be keep any longer. As someone that close to her, I suggest Mr. Park to keep talking to her despite her not answering. Give her some music that will calm her nerve. And try to talk about the happy thing only.” Leeteuk nodded his head and thanks the doctor.

 

As Leeteuk went in the room, he walk to her slowly. Looking at her back bitterly won’t change anything. He went around and sit at the bed. Brushing Taeyeon hair lovely, and he began to talk to Taeyeon despite her not answering. It could be she’s listening to what he said now. He also rub her hand like he always do. It may took longer time, but it’s worth it. Taeyeon may not replied back to Leeteuk, but every touch Leeteuk make, Taeyeon would respond back by squeezing his hand.

 

 

Akira had been frowning and then shook her head, and frowning again. Jooeun look at her weirdly. Something must be running in her mind right now. “What are you thinking?”

 

She sip on the juice and look at Jooeun sternly. “Tell me, did she and Chairman were an item?”

 

Jooeun pondered. She can see how close Taeyeon and Chairman is, but she also can’t tell whether they’re an item, or they’re just close like that. She shrugged her shoulder.

 

Akira clucked her shoulder. “I saw the fuss yesterday at the lobby. No wonder she’s all cocky. She got a backup, huh? What a bit-” “Akira!” Jooeun scold before she could curse.

 

“Opps. Sorry.” she said sheepishly. Jooeun shook her head and continued her lunch. The news about Taeyeon had spread all over the company. People had too many speculations right now. From good to worse. But out of all was the worse speculation people made. People nowadays, really.

 

“Then, do you know what happened to her?”

 

Jooeun shook her head. “She seems different yesterday. I saw her only looking at far, and she suddenly coughing hard. After that she collapsed..”

 

“You were with her when she collapsed?” she look at her wide eyes.

 

Jooeun nodded her head. “I accidentally found her.”

 

“Shouldn’t you slap or smack her head to give her some sense? Who knows it’s more effective that way?”

 

Jooeun glare at her. Can Akira be more brutal? Seriously? That’s the last thing she would do to Taeyeon.

 

“Eat yours, and don’t talk again.” she snapped at Akira. Akira only pout and sulky as she eat.

 

 

Mrs. Goo look at Taeyeon from far. She was sitting on the wheelchair as Leeteuk kept talking to her at the hospital park. She can tell how soulless Taeyeon is. She didn’t look at Leeteuk as she look on something far ahead. She also didn’t replied back. Mrs. Goo badly want to run to her and hug her. But she know, she’ll only worsen things.

 

She step back and went away. She exhaled as a tears roll down her eyes. It’s okay if she can’t meet her for now, as long as she’s alright.

 

Leeteuk look at the place where Mrs. Goo stand before. He realize someone was watching him and Taeyeon from a far. Turn out it’s Mrs. Goo. he felt sorry for Mrs. Goo. she’s a mother after all. But what he did also for Taeyeon sake.

 

He turn back to Taeyeon and give her a smile as she squeeze his hand. He decided to bring Taeyeon out from her room to get a fresh air. And it did good to Taeyeon, a bit. Sometimes Taeyeon will only nod at Leeteuk, and sometimes she will respond by touching or squeezing his hand.

 

“Since you like ddeokbokki and red bean.. Should I ask Sandeul and Nayoung to bring over later?”

 

Taeyeon nodded slowly. Her small reaction enough to break Leeteuk lips to smile. He kiss the crown of her head and cup her cheeks. The wind blow softly that time. Although it’s still snowing, but it’s bearable now. He then stood up and push Taeyeon wheelchair back to her room.

 

 

Taeyeon stare at Leeteuk sleeping face. It’s midnight now, and earlier before went to sleep, her hand had pulled Leeteuk hand, making him sleep beside her at the bed. She didn’t sleep long after that as she was fast awake. Now, her eyes were staring at the sleeping face in front of her. Though her mind was still in mess, but looking at the man in front of her somehow calm her.

 

Her fingers trailed his face, his eyes, then went to nose, his cheeks and jaws. Those face that always stay by her side. Those face that never stop to give her smile. Her heart felt warm. A sudden memory appear in her mind. This time it’s about him. Him that look worried over her. Him that keep talking to her. Him that never fail to flash a smile to her.

 

Leeteuk slowly open her eyes as he felt someone touch him. He blink. Adjusting his sight, he came face to face with Taeyeon. She look at him with his doe eyes. He smile and give him a peck at lips. He didn’t said a word as he only look at her face. Giving her the gentle smile.

 

“Mian..” that come out in low soft whisper. Leeteuk was surprised. He look carefully at her eyes, and nothing changes in her eyes. He cupped her cheeks and search her eyes. Despite her being cold, Leeteuk sometime could found the warm in her eyes. But right now, he found nothing is her eyes.

 

“Why’re you sorry?” Taeyeon only stare at him without replying back.

 

Leeteuk bit back his tears. His heart break looking at Taeyeon in this state. Seeing Taeyeon at her worse, he never imagine it.

 

Taeyeon slowly leaned forward and hug him. Leaning her head on his chest and close her eyes. He rub her back smoothly, and furrowed his brows as he felt his shirt was wet. He hug her closer and rub her back. Taeyeon was crying silently.

 

 

After getting discharged from hospital, Taeyeon had been staying at her penthouse. With Leeteuk accompany her. They would sometimes make a walk around the building park. Taeyeon still didn’t say a word. But what improved is that, she have make more respond now. Like how she would smile genuinely at Leeteuk, how she would nod her head when Leeteuk ask her, how she would hold his arm when they walk. Well, things need time right?

 

A bell ring at the penthouse as Taeyeon was watching TV. Leeteuk went to open the door, and Sandeul and Nayoung greet him. In their hand also some groceries bag. Leeteuk invite them to get in. as they get in they found the stoic Taeyeon at the sofa. They do know about Taeyeon conditions. Both of them bow to Taeyeon despite her won’t look at them or respond back.

 

Tomorrow is the day they’ll be heading to Jeju. it’s the traditions at PK Group company. The employee will have time for vacation at year end, as an appreciation for them for the hard work they gave to company. Usually a month before the due, the employees are registering their name to join the vacation. Some that doesn’t felt like joining will took the the money instead.

 

Leeteuk had call over Nayoung to help him in packing Taeyeon clothes. He decided that bringing Taeyeon away from Seoul would be better for her conditions. And maybe, they could have a dinner together tonight.

 

Nayoung went through Taeyeon closet and start packing for her. It’s 4 days and 3 night at Jeju. and considering it’s still winter time, Taeyeon need something warm. Sandeul and Leeteuk were busying themself at the kitchen preparing for dinner.

 

Nayoung appeared from Taeyeon room and head to the kitchen helping the men. Sandeul then push his hyung out from the kitchen and make him go to Taeyeon instead. Oh my, what a time for two lovebird in kitchen, huh?

 

Leeteuk took a seat at Taeyeon side. As soon as he sit, Taeyeon leaned her head at his shoulder. And he would wrap his arms at her.

 

Nayoung watch the two, giggle silently. Sandeul shook his head seeing the side of his girlfriend.

 

The dinner was done and the four took the meal. Sandeul, Nayoung, and Leeteuk are the one doing the chit-chatting while Taeyeon would only listen and eat in silence. Well, she’s showing some improvement now. And Leeteuk hope, Taeye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter