Chapter 13

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh, Mrs. Goo. Annyeonghaseyo.” Leeteuk bow a bit to Mrs. Goo upon seeing her went out from the elevator.

“Ah, Leeteuk-ah. Annyeong.” Mrs. Goo smile to Leeteuk.

“What are you doing here, Mrs. Goo?” It’s alright if Mrs. Goo come, but the problem is that, she didn’t have any appointment with him and what is she doing in his office floor?

“I came to have a lunch together with Taeyeon. Is she inside?”

“Taeyeon? I think she is.”

Leeteuk then lead Mrs. Goo towards Taeyeon room. After knocking on the door, both of them entering the room just to find the ever busy Taeyeon with a pile of file. Taeyeon then lifted her head, raised her eyebrows to Leeteuk that stood in the door, but soon the expression was replaced by frown and dislike.

She thought there just Leeteuk, but after Mrs. Goo appear from behind Leeteuk, that moment Taeyeon felt like ran away for she doesn’t want in the same room with Mrs. Goo.

“I will leave both of you then.” Leeteuk bow a bit to Mrs. Goo in which replied with a smile, he then look to Taeyeon that just fixed her eyes to Mrs. Goo with hatred.

The room just left the two of them, Mrs. Goo then courage herself to walk to Taeyeon. just a few feet away from the table that separate them, Mrs. Goo stood in front of Taeyeon. Despite the nervousness, Mrs. Goo managed to mask it.

“It’s lunch time now Director Kim. How about we go for a lunch?”, Mrs. Goo ask softly, a motherly like. She reaaly wish she could call her just by her name, not with anything like Director or Miss or other kind. But, maybe, the first step to get to know her is by being patience first for a while.

Mrs. Goo look expectantly towards Taeyeon, the later just stood silently staring at her. A smile was curved into her lips, when Taeyeon tidy up the file in the table. Taeyeon then pcik her handbag in the chair, and together with Mrs. Goo, both of them head out.

The ride was using Mrs. Goo car. She and Taeyeon sit in the back seat, yet seems so distance despite they sit beside each other. Taeyeon just look out from the window. Sit as far away from Mrs. Goo. Mrs. Goo just watch Taeyeon sadly. How much she want to hold her. how much she want to hug her. But yet, just to hold her hand she didn’t brave enough. The whole ride was just silent.

The car was pull to a halt. A five star restaurant. Upon step in the entrance, a waiter in black and white uniform welcomed them and ushered them to a table, that even stupid person already know that the table had been served.

The same waiter then offered a menu book. Mrs. Goo smile seeing Taeyeon sitting in front of her, flipping the menu book, although without interested. Mrs. Goo was bring back to reality when Taeyeon closed the menu book and tell her order.

“How about you, madam?” the waiter ask Mrs. Goo.

“I-I.. I will take the same.” The waiter bow to them and leave the place.

Taeyeon just look at Mrs. Goo emotionlessly. Mrs. Goo smile sweetly towards her, which for Taeyeon is just disgusting. Taeyeon look away, watching a view from the window that just 2 table away from her table. Mrs. Goo was disappointed. Her mind kept whirling, thinking what she is about to say to Taeyeon.

“How are you these days, Tae-.. I mean Director Kim.” Mrs. Goo was holding onto her handbag tightly. From the corner of Taeyeon eyes, she know, Mrs. Goo is nervous.

“Good.” Taeyeon just answer it monotonously.

“The launching will be soon. Don’t tired yourself.”

Taeyeon turned her head towards Mrs. Goo. “I can take care of myself.”

Hurt, that was what Mrs. Goo felt. Afraid. The second that came after hurt. Does Taeyeon knew who she is? But then, her mind kept saying impossible. Taeyeon just 3 at that moment. How can a 3 years old kid remember thing. That’s what she kept saying to herself. Taeyeon won’t remember who she is. Then why does Taeyeon didn’t like her? Maybe I didn’t get her right impression. That’s what she had been told herself.

“Ah, ne.”

Silent. Taeyeon returned to looking out again. While Mrs. Goo think on what to talk to Taeyeon. then her mind remember something.

“How long have you work at PK Group, Director Kim? I never saw you before. Even in any party.”

Taeyeon sigh silently. She refused to look at Mrs. Goo. “6 years. I never attend any party that have nothing to do with work.”

Yeah right, Mrs. Goo realized every party that she attend on PK Group party, almost all of it is not a party about the company or whatever. It just a plain party. A party about the the Chairman birthday, a celebration, and any other. If only she went to PK Group ealier maybe she will met Taeyeon.

She look at Taeyeon that kept her eyes into outside view. She smile. The moment she met Taeyeon the first time at PK Group building, she ask her husband about her, trying not to suspicious that the question about her is just pure curious. Although it’s true, the other part is that she also want to know about her.

“Taeyeon?” Mr. Goo ask his wife that now sit beside him after serving him a tea that night.

“Neh.”

“Ah. She is a bit special if I can say.” Mr. Goo chuckled before sipping into his tea.

“Special? Why?” Mrs. Goo smile, although she tried hard not to smile widely. She always know Taeyeon is the special girl. Her special baby girl.

“Yeah. She’s like a gold. A rare gold, it’s not easy to find her, and when you found her, you just can’t let her go.”

The last 6 words, turned Mrs. Goo face. You just can’t let her go. That sentence seems like mocking her, although Mr. Goo didn’t mean it. She was the one at fault. She can’t blame anyone on it.

“Taeyeon..” Mr. Goo voice wake Mrs. Goo from her reverie.

“She’s like a living robot. She liked to work, more like addict. So keen, and genius, and sharp.” Mr. Goo smile softly before sipping into her tea again.

“Enjoy the meal, ma’am.” The waiter bow and leave. Upon that, Mrs. Goo look up and saw that their order had been served in the table. She honestly didn’t know what she order, since she kept staring at Taeyeon.

She look at the dished in front of her. A salad, that filled with vegetable, fruit and meat. For the drink is a tea, Mrs. Goo didn’t quite know what kind of tea it is. But it seems like Taeyeon really like the tea. For the first thing she did when the food came was drinking the tea.

Taeyeon pick the fork and start to dig in. Eat just like she is alone. With none. Like there’s no Mrs. Goo in front of her. Although a bit sad, Mrs. Goo still convince herself that maybe she need time to catch Taeyeon attention.

She drink the tea first. The tea is quite tasteful. But she still didn’t know what kind of tea it is. Jasmine? Green tea? It doesn’t taste like that.

Taeyeon look up. Mrs. Goo still looking at the cup of tea and think hard what kind of tea it is. Evident on how she shook her head and look at the tea curiously. Taeyeon chewed on the tomato cherry slowly, still looking at Mrs. Goo. Taeyeon then rolled her eyes and just continued eating. She just want this whole lunch thing to end fast.

The lunch didn’t went as Mrs. Goo planned. It’s not easy to talk with Taeyeon, for Taeyeon sometimes just answer with one or two words. Mrs. Goo herself also didn’t know what to talk with her that almost all the time waste with her kept thinking on what to talk to her.

The ride back to the building just like the ride before. Taeyeon sit far away from Mrs. Goo. Didn’t make any effort to talk to her. and Mrs. Goo nervous so much that she can’t do anything.

“It’s nice having lunch with you, Director Kim.” Mrs. Goo smile sweetly to her, yet the person just nod her head lightly and open the car door. Didn’t say any word to Mrs. Goo and just walk entering the building. Mrs. Goo smiled sadly. She dream to high, thinking that Taeyeon will say thank you to her and smile a bit to her.

With a heavy heart, the car left the building, went out from PK Group area.

“Back already?” a voice from her right side make Taeyeon turn her head.

Leeteuk standing beside her, waiting the elevator just like her and smile to her. Taeyeon then turned her head to the front and just nod.

“How is it going then?”

Silence. Leeteuk raised his eyebrow waiting for Taeyeon answer. But nothing come out from . Leeteuk opened his mouth but closed it again for Taeyeon had answer his question.

“So so.”

Eh, what kind of answer is that? But knowing who Taeyeon is, that kind of answer already things that Leeteuk used to. After working a few months with Taeyeon, Leeteuk had know bit by bit about Taeyeon.

The elevator door open, and the two of them entered in. Just as the elevator reach second floor, it stopped. The door opened, revealing Lee Donghae, with both his hand in his pants pocket. He looked shockd when the door opened, revealing Taeyeon and Leeteuk inside.

He bow to them, which just got replied from Leeteuk. After pressing the button 5, Donghae stood at the back. His eyes set onto Taeyeon. A smile unconsciously appear in his handsome face. Call him crazy, but sometimes, just by looking at Taeyeon back already made him happy.

Maybe luck still not on his side. The elevator door opened. He had arrived at 5th floor. Although reluctantly, he still have to leave the elevator.

The door closed behind him.  Donghae sigh. He then walked back into his room. But a smile appear in his face again, remembering Taeyeon. ah, what a love do to someone, huh?

“Something bothering you, yeobo?”, Mr. Goo touch Mrs. Goo shoulder.

Mrs. Goo had been zoning out since she’s back from lunch with Taeyeon. She is sitting in front of the make up table, prepare to sleep, but her mind went back to cold shoulder that Taeyeon gave earlier.

Mrs. Goo look at the mirror, her husband worried face reflect in there. Mrs. Goo managed a force smile, shaking her head as if saying that she’s alright. Mr. Goo smile.

“Let’s sleep now then.”

Mr. Goo switch off the main lamp in that biggest bedroom, and switch on the bedside lamp. Soon, Mr. Goo had slept, evident in his calm breathing. But Mrs. Goo still c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter