Chapter 17

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I bought lunch for you.” Leeteuk walk in while his hand is holding onto a box of lunch for the both of two.

 

He put the lunch in the coffee table, and look back to Taeyeon. She didn’t budge from her place. Didn’t mind Leeteuk. Like she’s in her own world.

 

Sighing, Leeteuk walk towards her. He pulled her up by holding her hand. In shock, Taeyeon look at Leeteuk. Their distance is just a few millimeter. Both look at each other. For a while, Leeteuk was mesmerize by Taeyeon eyes. And Taeyeon, looking at Leeteuk, while controlling her heartbeat. She want to look away, but she doesn’t know why, that eyes of him like hypnotize her.

 

Leeteuk lean forward. Slowly. And Taeyeon heart couldn’t be control anymore. Both Leeteuk hand circling Taeyeon waist, pull her towards him slightly.

 

“Don’t be a stubborn, will you?” Leeteuk whisper in her ears.

 

He pull up again and look at Taeyeon. Soon, Taeyeon release herself from Leeteuk and walk away. Leeteuk look at Taeyeon that now sitting without expression in her face. He smile lightly. He can see a blush in her cheeks.

 

He then walk towards her, sitting beside her. Together they eat the lunch. It was silent for a while not until Taeyeon break that silence.

 

“It’s Hanyang Orphanage.”Although she said it in a low voice, Leeteuk can heard it clearly.

He turn his head to look at Taeyeon, that just look blankly at the food.

 

“You ask me before. I already answer that.” Taeyeon then resume her eating without appetite.

 

Leeteuk smiled lightly. “You close yourself too much.”

 

Taeyeon slowly turn her head to Leeteuk. Her eyes look questioningly at Leeteuk although with that blank face. You close yourself too much.  She know what Leeteuk mean by saying that. She admit it though. Because that’s what she has been doing all those years. Closing herself, so that no one can enter it. Even a tiny hole in it, she won’t let it. She already declared it before to Leeteuk at the Introduction Party, that she prefer alone. And by “alone”, means there’s no one in her life, it’s only her and her life.

 

“You had people that you can share your problem with. You don’t have to keep it all by yourself, Taeyeon-ah.” He said softly. His eyes look straight into Taeyeon eyes, the eyes that Taeyeon always find it warm.

 

Taeyeon look away. “I only trust myself.”

 

Leeteuk don’t like what she said. A bit. He opened his mouth, wanting to say a thing to her. but as he opened his mouth, Taeyeon stand up.

 

“I don’t like what we’re talking about now. Or what we’re going to talk.” She look at Leeteuk, then continued. “This is the last time we talk things that not related to work.”

 

Taeyeon then headed to the door, wanting to leave the room. Just as she opened the door, Leeteuk closed the door again. He then pulled Taeyeon hand, and taking her into his embrace just as fast as a light that Taeyeon couldn’t avoid it.

 

Leeteuk hug her. drowning herself into Taeyeon hair. On the other hand, Taeyeon just didn’t react. Her hand hanging loose on her side. Her eyes blank.

 

“You can trust me.” He whispered. “You can trust me, Taeyeon-ah. You can.” He brush Taeyeon hair, in a slow way yet warming.

 

Leeteuk pulled himself and look at Taeyeon eyes directly, although that eyes is not looking at him. He raised his hand, slowly and softly, he brush Taeyeon cheek. With that touch, Taeyeon look up. and that eyes again that welcome her.

 

That again. She can feel it. Her fast heartbeat, something tingle in her stomach. Only Leeteuk that can make that effect to her. And not to mention, Leeteuk action always make her mind can’t think properly.  

 

Leeteuk then smile softly to her, and left the room. Letting Taeyeon having her time.

Taeyeon herself still standing on the same spot. She can’t think properly. Leeteuk. That man give a big impact on her. she fist her hand. She had decided, from now on, she will do everything not to let that man get into her world. The world where only her and her. she can’t let anyone enter her life. And let the history happened again? Taeyeon scoff. Just thinking that Leeteuk will do the same thing like that people did to her before is enough to close her heart again. Taeyeon hadn’t realize that she actually had opened her heart a bit to Leeteuk.

 

A man and a little girl. The little girl was crying, begging for mercy. But it seems like the man didn’t heard what the little girl had said. The little girl just can close her eyes, as the man just continued hitting her with a thing that the little girl can’t said. She doesn’t know what that man used. But it just hurtful. The man throw the thing he is holding. And then he look around.

The little girl opened her eyes as she felt like nothing. She look at the man that goes somewhere. And that was her chance. She ran away, no, more like crawling. She couldn’t even get up. she kept crawling, but she stop. Someone was holding onto her leg. The man was looking at her viciously. That’s the face that the little girl most scared of. And what the man did is the more terrifying again.

A sharp, and long knife was on his right hand. The man swing his hand, he is going to stab that little girl. And the poor little girl can only scream.

 

Taeyeon was awake with sweat all on her. her tanktop even wet with her sweat and her long hair was stick to her body. Taeyeon was panting hard. She gulped, and look around. After realizing that she’s in her bedroom, her body start to calm. Her breath slowly came back to normal.

She walk out of her bed and headed to kitchen. She took a big gulp of the cold water in her cup. The water does so much effect in her body. She can felt her nerve calmer than before.

02.00 AM. That’s what the digital clock show. She just had her slept for two hours when that nightmare came. her heart beating fast. Her grip on the cup also tighten when remembering that dream. Yes, she’s scared. She never felt this again after 11 years.

Taeyeon closed her eyes momentarily. She breath out, and open her eyes slowly. There’s a change in her eyes. Just a few sec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter