Chapter 26

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm.. What’s that, eomma?” Hara peek behind her mother's shoulder. Mrs. Goo had been busying herself since morning at the kitchen. All maids had step outside since Mrs. Goo had order that she doesn’t want to be bother at the kitchen.

 

Mrs. Goo smile softly. “A herbal soup.” she continued to stir the soup.

 

Hara frowned. Herbal soup? What’s with the sudden herbal soup? She look at her mom that happily stirring the soup. “What's that for, eomma?”

 

Mrs. Goo then move the soup into a flask that she already prepared before hand. “It’s for Director Kim.” Hara balk. Did she just heard it right? Director Kim? What the-

 

“Hara-ya, eomma gotta go now. See you later, neh.” with that her mom left without another word to Hara. Hara curled her fingers. Just what got into her mom actually. Oh, please. She doesn’t worth anything. Tsk. Hara stomped her feet in angry and left the kitchen.

 

 

Leeteuk was feeding Taeyeon that morning. Today Taeyeon had wake up earlier than Leeteuk. And thanks to those drowsy days, she had starting to gain her energy. Her hand ache when she tried to lift it, end up she couldn’t pick her utensils for too long.

 

“The doctor will take another examination on you. Maybe around lunch later.” Leeteuk inform her as he feed her. Taeyeon nodded her head.

 

“Those men..” Taeyeon trailed as she look at Leeteuk. She saw how Leeteuk jaw hardened.

 

“How are they now?”

 

Leeteuk feed her another spoon. “They’re behind the bars. The court will decided the sentence.” Leeteuk said, trying to sound casual, although he felt like killing those people right away.

 

Taeyeon nodded her head. She didn’t quite remember what those men ever said to her during the kidnapping. Leeteuk also don’t want to talk that thing to her. More like he tried not to talk about that. He also didn’t tell Taeyeon whose those men were. But, Taeyeon kinda know the people behind the kidnapping. And if Leeteuk don’t want to talk about it, she is fine with it.

 

A knock on the door make both of them look at the door. Mrs. Goo enter the room, smiling. Leeteuk stand up to greet her. “I brought herbal soup for Taeyeon.” she then offer her flask to Leeteuk.

 

“You don’t have to bother though, Mrs. Goo.” Leeteuk said politely.

 

“It’s okay.” she then averted her gaze at Taeyeon which look out at the window. Trying every possible to not make eye contact with her. Mrs. Goo heart sank a bit.

 

“How do you feel now, Director Kim?”

 

“Good.” Taeyeon answer curtly. It sound cold to Leeteuk. He look at both Taeyeon and Mrs. Goo.

 

Mrs. Goo nodded her head slowly. She was lost at words actually. She look at Taeyeon one more time. “Then, I will be leaving.”

 

“You just arrived, Mrs. Goo.”

 

Mrs. Goo shook her head. “It’s okay. I still have another matter.” then she excused herself from that room. She need to hold her tears though. Either Taeyeon and Leeteuk can’t see her shedding tears. They can’t.

 

Leeteuk put the flask at the bedside table after the door close. He look at Taeyeon which is looking out at the window now. Taeyeon always gave the same reaction when Mrs. Goo or Jooeun came. She refuse to talk to them, refuse to look at them, and her cold stare and voice couldn’t be avoided. Something definitely wrong here.

 

 

 

Taeyeon moved her right legs, and she winced in pain. She then move her left leg, and has the same pain also. The doctor examined Taeyeon legs, and nodded his head. Leeteuk was there to accompany her.

 

“To say that it was hurt badly.. Ms. Kim legs still does pretty good. At least her legs weren’t numb from the pain. Due to the excessive hit, Ms. Kim leg had some fracture, and it will took time to heal. I suggest Ms. Kim to take the therapy. A bed rest will do good also.” the doctor explain. Taeyeon frowned looking at her legs.

 

Leeteuk hold Taeyeon hand, and look at the doctor. “What about her hand then?”

 

“Well.. The hand didn’t get much damaged like how the legs do. But, prevent from any heavy activity for awhile. I will prescribe a vitamin for Ms. Kim hands.” Leeteuk nodded his head. He look at Taeyeon that had been looking at her legs.

 

“Then, I would like doctor to schedule her therapy.”

 

“Sure.” after excusing theirself, Leeteuk push Taeyeon out from the doctor room. Taeyeon was sitting in the wheelchair. To said it, she was invalid temporary. Leeteuk took another right. And they were at the hospital park now. A lot of patient were there, wearing the same clothes as Taeyeon.

 

Leeteuk stopped beside a bench and took a sit. He know how Taeyeon feel right now. He took both of her hands, and Taeyeon look up. Leeteuk put on a smile, cheering her.

 

“Don’t think too much. The therapy will help. Hmm?” he convinced her.

 

Taeyeon just nodded blankly. Then she went to look at her legs again. She wasn’t able to move her fingers. She was in great pain before when she force herself to move her legs. She had no idea how she will be like. Invalid for a moment.

 

Leeteuk then cupped both her cheeks, making her look at his eyes. “I know you can do it. You’re Kim Taeyeon. A woman full of capability.” he chuckled as he saw Taeyeon gave him a smile, a bit. “Himnae.” Taeyeon smile, and nodded her head. Leeteuk then plant a kiss on her forehead.

 

Taeyeon look at Leeteuk face long. She can tell Leeteuk had been lost sleep these few days just to take care of her. It won’t do good for his health either. And she felt guilty for what she put Leeteuk through. Leeteuk look at Taeyeon questioningly. She had been looking at him for too long. Then Taeyeon cupped both his cheek.

 

“Did you rest well?” she asked him softly as one of her hand caressed his cheek.

 

Leeteuk only smile to her. He took one of Taeyeon hand and kiss the back of her hand. “Geokjeongma. My mind and my body never rest well since I met you.” he joked.

 

As it was a miracle, Taeyeon chuckled. Leeteuk grinned. He kissed Taeyeon hand and look at her. “Don’t give up. I will always stay with you.” he whispered his last words to her. And Taeyeon nodded her head, gratefully .

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter