Chapter 29

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I haven’t try ddeokbokki ever since I arrived here. It took me what, almost 2 weeks just two settle at here, and you amazingly settle here just in a week.” Akira rattle on as both her and Jooeun are heading to the exit door. It’s after work time now, and Jooeun had promised to bring Akira out for dinner. Since Akira had been whining to eat ddeokbokki, should have brought her there as soon as possible, or the noisy Akira will continued, and Jooeun couldn’t bear that.

 

They both took the bus to head to ddeokbokki stall. Ever since Jooeun step back at Seoul, she will visited the ddeokbokki stall where she and Taeyeon used to go. Sitting and eating at there. Reminiscing the old day. How she miss old days.

 

They both arrived at the stall. Even after those years, nothing much change. They both took a seat and made an order. Jooeun look out at the seat where she and Taeyeon used to sit. Sharing a plate of ddeokbokki because since Taeyeon couldn’t afford a plate of ddeokbokki. Sometimes Jooeun will order two plate, so that Taeyeon can eat more ddeokbokki.

 

She smiled sadly. She sigh inwardly and look at the ddeokbokki that just arrived in front of her.

 

“Hmm.. Oishi.” Akira compliment. Jooeun smile, shooking her head and follow Akira dig into the ddeobokki.

 

“What had you done so far? Have both of you talk? I mean talk like talking about ‘the past’.” Akira made an quotation with her hand as she said the last two words.

 

Jooeun munch on her food slowly. And shook her head sadly. “It’s hard just to have a talk with her.”

 

Akira frown. She clucked her tongue. “Have you tried to kidnap her? Or beat her to unconscious? It will make things easy.”

 

Jooeun just shook her head. Akira will always be Akira. “She doesn’t want to talk with me. Even she refuse to look at me.”

 

Akira raised an eyebrow and scoffed. What the..

 

“I asked for a forgiveness a few times, but..” Jooeun shook her head. “It’s hard than I thought it will be.”

 

“Do you need my help? It can work probably eighty-percent.”

 

Jooeun sigh. “Forget it. Just eat yours. It’s getting cold.” Akira just made a tsk sound and continued to eat.

 

Jooeun look at her plate of ddeokbokki. It’s her problem anyway. She just can’t make Akira meddle in. she will think of another way again later at home.

 

 

Taeyeon arrived at her penthouse with a plastics of her grocery. She just went there with Leeteuk for her monthly grocery shopping. Tonight, she need sometimes alone. That’s why Leeteuk had went home after drop her at her apartment complex.

 

Taeyeon stop in her steps. A woman was sitting in a bench in front of her penthouse. The woman look up as she heard Taeyeon heels clicking at the floor. She stand up and give a warm smile to her.

 

“Director Kim.” Mrs. Goo greet her. She had been restraining herself from meeting with Taeyeon, and today she dare to came to her penthouse. She never knew Taeyeon lived here. A big place only for her alone. Won’t she be lonely? She arrived about two hours ago.

 

Taeyeon bit inside her cheek. She look at Mrs. Goo icily. Their business has done after the Grand opening, then why is she here? In front of her penthouse.

 

She walk passed Mrs. Goo and type in her code. The door make a beep sound, and Taeyeon turn the handle. “I’m not expecting a guest today.” with that she went in, and close the door. But, Mrs. Goo managed to hold the door and give a smile at irritate Taeyeon.

 

“It’s look like you haven’t had a dinner yet. I can make you dinner.” but Taeyeon didn’t feel like it. She gave her a look.

 

“I can do it myself.” she tried to close the door again, but Mrs. Goo hold onto it again. Taeyeon bit her lips irritate. What’s with people nowadays that keep pulling her hands, and now hold her door.

 

“I have some things to talk to you.” she look at Taeyeon pleadingly. “Please..”

 

With that Taeyeon step back from the door, and head to her kitchen. Putting all the grocery at the table. Mrs. Goo get in her penthouse and look around for a while. After that she went to the kitchen where Taeyeon had settle things at her double door fridge. She came to her and help her. Taeyeon just let her be. She doesn’t want to argue more with her, and will end up spending much time with her longer than she want.

 

She took out some broccoli, eggs, red beans, and some beef. She’s about to wash the broccoli, but Mrs. Goo hand was quick to take it from her. “I will cook it. You can go wash up.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes and left her kitchen heading to her own room.

 

Mrs. Goo look at Taeyeon back that walking to her room. She smile. Then she went back to what she intend to do before. She washed the broccoli, and cut it into piece. She also put some seasoning at the broccoli. After that she cracked the egg to make an omelette. She then took an instant red beans, and she smile. Taeyeon like to eat red beans, and she still eat it till now. She sigh. Without her know it, a tears appear at the end of her eyes. She’s just too happy.

 

She never had the chance to cook for Taeyeon all over 20 years. She left her at the time she needs her the most. Although it’s really late now, she still want to fix things with Taeyeon. It may be hard, it may take time, but she’s willing to go through hardship for Taeyeon.

 

It took 30 minutes. Taeyeon went out wearing her gray t-shirt and black hot pants. Her hairs was tied loosely. The moment she step out from her room, a delicious dish had been served at her table. The woman behind every dish is boiling a water right now.

 

“Have a seat. Your tea is almost done.” she give her a smile as she noticed Taeyeon just standing.

 

Taeyeon then took a seat, and eye the food in front of her. The broccoli, the omelette, the black pepper beef, and red beans. She took her chopstick and dig into the red beans. After that Mrs. Goo came to the table with two glass of tea. She noticed Taeyeon had a bottle full of chamomile powdered tea, and she decided to make Taeyeon and herself each a cup.

 

Taeyeon eat in silence, continuously eating the red beans. Mrs. Goo smile. Taeyeon then start to eat the other dish. Then she paused after that. Refusing to look up. “Say it.” she ordered.

 

Mrs. Goo was startled. She thought she will talk with her after she done eating. She squeeze her hands under the table.

 

“How about.. You eat first, Director Kim?”

 

“Just say it now. Don’t stay here too long.” Mrs. Goo look at her sadly. She really want to spent more time with her.

 

She tried to smile. “How.. have you been? Did the therapy went well?”

 

Taeyeon just nodded her head and continued to eat. Mrs. Goo bit her lips. “I’ve been wondering..” she paused. She don’t know if she should ask this or not. “I’ve been wondering about.. Your parents.” she gulp, watching how Taeyeon react. But she just eat calmly.

 

“They passed away.” she said calmly like she already used to that question all this time. Mrs. Goo heart break into piece. She didn’t expect Taeyeon would answer that. It hurt so much. She tried to hold her tears.

 

“Oh.. Mianae..” She swallowed.

 

“Then, you must be lonely leaving here alone. Your penthouse is quite big for one person like you, Director Kim.”

 

Taeyeon paused. She eyes the rice and look at Mrs. Goo coldly. “It’s better alone.. Than getting left behind.” she then resumed eating again. She didn’t mind Mrs. Goo expression. She don’t give a .

 

Should I tell her? She badly want to tell her who she is. She badly want to tell Taeyeon that the woman in front of her is her mother. Her mother by blood. But, she’s afraid on what Taeyeon will react later. Will she hate her more? Will she avoid her? Or.. will she ran away from her?

 

Ani.. I can’t keep it anymore. She brave herself and look at Taeyeon. It’s now.. Or never..

 

“Do you.. Miss your mom?”

 

Taeyeon paused. Pondered for a while. Miss. Did she? She put down the chopstick and crossed her arms. “Why should I?” she look at Mrs. Goo. Her eyes was like a glare to Mrs. Goo.

 

Mrs. Goo try her best not to let her tears down. She tried to say a word to her, but she can’t. She can’t even open . She look at Taeyeon lovingly. Her daughter, the lovely daughter, had become the daughter she didn’t recognize anymore, and that’s because of her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter