Chapter 14

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come in.” Nayoung entered after getting the permit from the owner of the room.

Taeyeon look up from her laptop, waiting Nayoung to say something. “Director Kim, Mrs. Goo want to meet you.”

Taeyeon sigh. She then nodded to Nayoung telling her that allow Mrs. Goo to enter in. after excuse herself, and out from the room, the room just left Taeyeon and Mrs. Goo. Mrs. Goo standing in front of Taeyeon, not knowing what to say to her.

Taeyeon just waiting Mrs. Goo to speak. She then look at her wrist watch. “I’m busy Mrs. Goo. Don’t waste my time.”

“I’m just.. want to apologize for what Hara said before. Please don’t take it to heart, Director Kim.” Mrs. Goo look at Taeyeon apologetically.

“You may leave now.” Taeyeon then continued busying herself with her laptop. Start to type, yet stop midair with what Mrs. Goo said.

“I need your help about the jewelry business. Can you help me?” Mrs. Goo look at Taeyeon hopefully.

Mrs. Goo waited nervously. Taeyeon just stared at her laptop without saying anything. A few seconds silence feels like forever for Mrs. Goo.

Taeyeon let out a soft breath. “My secretary will call you if I have time.” Then, she resumed typing on her laptop again.

Mrs. Goo smile happily to her, although it’s sad that Taeyeon didn’t spare a glance at her. She then leave the room, walking out onto the building. It’s okay. At least you try, right? Mrs. Goo convinced herself.

From the start she knew it’s not easy to get Taeyeon heart. Her husband also said the same thing. Taeyeon just has a trusted issue. That’s what her husband said to her before. Also, she need to try harder to get to know Taeyeon.

The meeting ended. and just like usual. The only left is just Taeyeon, with some companion, The Chairman. Today meeting also took most of the time, since today meeting in the of the new products.

“I don’t get why you always stay at the meeting room even the meeting already ended.” Leeteuk voice out.

“Just because.” Taeyeon said lazily without lifting her eyes from the file she’s currently checking. 

Leeteuk just nodded. Taeyeon words sometime just made you speechless. Leeteuk raised his eyebrows seeing Taeyeon already packing the file and ready to leave the meeting room.

“So fast?” Leeteuk ask questioningly. 

“I will continue at my room.” Taeyeon start to leave but stop and turn again panicky when she heard Leeteuk grunted in pain.

Leeteuk about to stand up and leave together with Taeyeon when suddenly a pain in his left chest attacked. He’s holding onto the table for the support. His face is so pale, just like the first time Taeyeon saw.

“Chairman!” Taeyeon holding onto his face, trying to make Leeteuk focus on her.

Can’t hold it again, Leeteuk slumped on the floor. Taeyeon that quickly call Sandeul for help. While waiting for Sandeul, Taeyeon let Leeteuk rest on her shoulder while keeping Leeteuk still conscious. She doesn’t know why but seeing Leeteuk like this again made her inside panick.

Not long after came the panick Sandeul, that quickly brought Leeteuk to his own office room piggy back. The situation can’t make Taeyeon think again that Sandeul supposed to bring Leeteuk to the company clinic. She just can followed Sandeul bringing Leeteuk.

Sandeul let Leeteuk lay on the sofa inside the room, then he dashed to Leeteuk drawer and find a bottle of his medicine. Taeyeon on the other side holding onto Leeteuk left hand, since his right hand kept holding his left chest. A cold of sweat kept flooding from Leeteuk face. Taeyeon also tried to wipe the sweat.

Sandeul had kneeling beside Leeteuk with his medicine and also a glass of water. Giving him his medicine and a glass of water. After drinking it Leeteuk had been more ease. Taeyeon saw how Leeteuk close his eyes, just like the first time. Both Taeyeon and Sandeul waited Leeteuk to say something.

Unconsciously, Taeyeon hold onto Leeteuk hand became tighter. She waited for Leeteuk to say something. Because seeing him close his eyes just make her scare more. Taeyeon and Sandeul can breath relieved now after seeing Leeteuk opened his eyes.

“Thanks God.” Sandeul whispered. He know after the operation, his hyung can’t work to hard or he will have an attack. But seeing his hyung suddenly have this attack still scare him.

Leeteuk eyes focused first on Sandeul, before move into Taeyeon that now look at him with that worried eyes. He still remembered clearly the first time Taeyeon look at him like that. And also with the same reason.

Leeteuk try to sit up, with the help of Taeyeon. The sudden attack really drained his energy. Sandeul smile seeing the other side of Taeyeon. The cold and heartless Director just so worried over the Chairman and also beat him tp help Leeteuk sit up.

“You alright now, hyung?” Sandeul asked worriedly, that he forgot to use the formality in the company to Leeteuk.

Leeteuk nodded weakly. “I forgot to eat my medicine.” Leeteuk reasoned out.

Sandeul shooked his head, an action that showing he didn’t approve of what Leeteuk just say. Sure, the company has been busy with the new product, Sandeul also take over half of the work Leeteuk have so as not to tired him.  But still, sometimes his hyung just kind of forgot his medicine.

“Take a rest first, hyung.” Sandeul that nodded to Leeteuk, stand up before glance at Taeyeon that sitting beside Leeteuk worriedly. He then left the room.

Leeteuk look at Taeyeon. He can felt Taeyeon hand shaking. He then reached out his hand, cupping Taeyeon cheeks. He smiled to her. 

“Gwaen.. chana?” Although Taeyeon a bit shake, she managed to cover it.

Leeteuk nodded his head, assuring her he is alright. Taeyeon let out a shaky breath slowly. Glad this annoying Chairman in front of her just alright. Her brain just malfunctioned when she saw Leeteuk suddenly in pain.

The memory still vivid in her mind, the first time she saw Leeteuk in pain, and now, the second time she saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter