Chapter 42

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She couldn’t heard anything around her. She even didn’t know where’s she now. People with blue clothes kept going in and out on the double metal door. She could only look at her hand which had a stained of blood now. Her hands were shaking. But why? She was in total blank right now. She felt numb. She didn’t know what to do. And what on earth is happening.

 

Certain woman in their nurse suit had come to her and offer to treat her wound. But just like a deaf person, she could only see their mouth moving, but she couldn’t heard any. And the nurse then left her alone in the waiting room as she need to tend the patient inside the emergency room.

 

Soon, a rapid steps echoed in the hallway. Taeyeon didn’t know what is happening as she was being pulled, and the next things she knows is that she was being slapped hard. She was numb that she didn’t felt anything from the slap. The woman in front her was yelling at her like a mad, and she was being pushed to the floor. Her eyes remained blank. What is the woman said? Why couldn’t she heard any?

 

Mr. Goo quickly pulled his daughter away from Taeyeon before she could hurt Taeyeon any further. He know how his daughter emotions right now. Although he was panic with his wife's condition, he could still remained calm so as not to worry his child more. But Hara seems to be more shocked than him and Jongmin. As soon as they arrived, he had spot Taeyeon sitting outside the emergency room.

 

Hara had pulled her hard and slapped her, yelling at her and blaming Taeyeon for what happened to Mrs. Goo. He honestly don’t know what is happening. How could his wife getting hit by a car, at the same time also together with Taeyeon? He pulled Hara to sit at another chair far from Taeyeon to prevent her to hurt Taeyeon again. He eyed Taeyeon which had a blank look. She didn’t do anything other than sitting at the floor. He also noticed her hands were shaking.

 

Jongmin then help Taeyeon to get back to her seat. Her knees were bleeding. But what Taeyeon did only look ahead blankly, her eyes widen open. Did the accident had make her shock that much? Before he could said any word, a step behind him make him turn. Leeteuk had running to them, panting. As soon as he arrived, he only set his eyes at Taeyeon. He kneel before her, holding her hands, which get more trembling than before.

 

“Taeyeon-ah..” but he got no response from Taeyeon. He hold her hands to stop her trembling hands. He widen his eyes as Taeyeon was like grasping some air. Her whole body was shaking, and Taeyeon felt like she had lose any air in her body.

 

Leeteuk kept slapping her face gently, as Taeyeon felt like losing air. Her whole body shaken more than ever, even Jongmin sitting beside her was surprised. What happened? And the next things that happened was Taeyeon had collapsed.

 

Without waiting anymore, Leeteuk hurried carry her bridal style, leaving the place. Mr. Goo and Jongmin could only followed them with their worry look while Hara was staring at the unconscious Taeyeon with hatred. She cursed inwardly, hoping that Taeyeon would be inside the emergency room than her mother.

 

 

Taeyeon face couldn’t get any paler than before. She was lying at the hospital bed as the doctor check on her. Leeteuk was standing behind the doctor as he watch Taeyeon sleeping peacefully. He was worried of what will happened to Taeyeon. The symptom Taeyeon had earlier was the same with her previous asthma attack. He hope this time it won’t get any worser than before.

 

The doctor pulled out his stethoscope and turn to look at Leeteuk. He shook his head lightly.

 

“Ms. Kim was in a deep shock and trauma. Other than the sudden asthma right now, she also having a deep pressure and depressed. What I’m afraid is that Ms. Kim would try to end her life when no one around her.” Leeteuk widen his eyes and stare at the sleeping Taeyeon. He can’t let that happened. No matter what.

 

“It seems like the accident had left a big scar to her. And I’m sorry to said it but, there’s a possibility that Ms. Kim would be getting any worse than before.” the doctor look at Leeteuk with regret. He couldn’t do much at Taeyeon condition as it depend on the patient.

 

Leeteuk could only stare at Taeyeon sorrowly. He step forward to Taeyeon bed, leaving the doctor behind him. He hold her hand which are free from the IV drip. He couldn’t describe how he felt right now. Looking at the woman he love the most sleeping before him, and when she wake up later, the things he’s feared of will happened to her again. Just like how it happened months ago.

 

The doctor bow to Leeteuk although Leeteuk was back facing him. He then turn around, leaving the VVIP room with the nurse and closed the door.

 

Leeteuk sit at the chair beside the bed and kiss Taeyeon palm. What would he do when Taeyeon went back to square one again? And what worse is that the possibility of Taeyeon end her life. Unknown to him, a tears rolled down his eyes as he look at Taeyeon pale face. He’s willing to lose everything, but not Taeyeon. He’s not ready yet.

 

 

Leeteuk turn his head to the door as someone enter the room. It was Jongmin. He gave him a warm smile and eyed Taeyeon that still sleeping in the bed. Taeyeon still look pale, contrast with her white skin. She look like a dead people now.

 

“How is Director Kim, Hyung?”

 

Leeteuk glance at Taeyeon and smile bitterly. “She’s still sleeping.” Leeteuk refuse to explain any further. Him alone enough to know Taeyeon condition and he doesn’t need another to know. Or it will get complicated  later.

 

Jongmin nodded his head understandingly. He could tell that Taeyeon was shock on what happened earlier. A question from Leeteuk had make him torn his eyes from the sleeping form Taeyeon.

 

“How is Mrs. Goo?”

 

Jongmin smile sadly to Leeteuk. “Doctor said we only need to wait for eomma to passed her critical state in 24 hours. Or eomma would be in long sleep.”

 

Leeteuk pat Jongmin shoulder emphatically. He do know how it felt. Just like how he’s worried Taeyeon won’t wake up any time soon.

 

“I need to head back to eomma room. I wish Director Kim will get better soon.”

 

Leeteuk nodded his head and wish the same as Jongmin, that Mrs. Goo would pass her critical state tonight. And will wake up soon. With that Jongmin left Taeyeon room and headed to her mother room, which had been moved to another VVIP room too.

 

Leeteuk went back to his seat and took Taeyeon free hand and kiss it. Taeyeon still look paled.

 

I don’t mind if you want to sleep, but please, don’t sleep for too long. I’m afraid you won’t be awake anymore.

 

A tears rolled down his eyes as he look at the weak and pale Taeyeon.

 

 

The Goo’s can now breath in relief as Mrs. Goo had passed the critical state in 24 hours. The attached wired in her body had slowly decreased. Leaving only her in the mask oxygen, and the white bandage in her head. They are now only waiting for Mrs. Goo to wake up. It may not any sooner, but they at least had the higher hope that she will wake up soon seeing how she had passed the critical state just in 24 hours.

 

Just like how Mrs. Goo hasn’t wake up, Taeyeon also still her deep sleep. As if refusing to wake up and feared of what she would face when she wake up later. Leeteuk just can’t stand still. Worried start to eat him up as Taeyeon hasn’t wake up yet. Just in one night he had call over 5 well-known doctors that are skill in their field, to check onto Taeyeon. And all their answer are still same.

 

That it’s Taeyeon herself that are unwilling to wake up. In medical term, it’s also need the patient will to get better. But in Taeyeon case, it’s herself that are unwilling to open her eyes. And what Leeteuk could do only sitting beside Taeyeon, waiting for her to wake up and wanting to be the first person she saw when she wake up.

 

It’s the third days now. And both mother and daughter still in deep sleep. But what makes it different is that Mrs. Goo had awake minutes ago and went back to her deep sleep again as she felt her body sore and her head ache more. But not with Taeyeon. She’s still asleep, not showing any sign that she will wake up in any time.

 

The sun had goes down as it’s time for him to set down. Mrs. Goo had wide awake, enjoying her dinner as Hara fed her. Her headache had slowly decreased as she had slept for too long. She eyed the people in her room, Jongmin, Hara and her husband were there. And she want to know how that certain person condition now.

 

“Hara..”

 

Hara lookup at her mom. “Neh, eomma.”

 

“Director Kim.. is she alright?” Jongmin about to answer his mom question for as he knows that Taeyeon hasn’t wake up yet since she collapsed. But she was being cut off by Hara.

 

“She’s alright. She only bruised her knees, eomma.” Liar. Hara also know how Taeyeon is as her dad and her brother once in awhile would visit her and would talk about her right in her face. Deep in her heart, she was glad that Taeyeon hasn’t wake up yet, for she prayed that she won’t wake up again. She don’t know what made her to be in deep sleep and not awake till now, for Hara know it could be that Taeyeon collapsed because of too much shock. It’s still a big mystery to her brother and her father, for now both Goo man had known that Leeteuk refuse to tell Taeyeon condition to anyone. But they couldn’t do much right. It’s his right to kept it.

 

The other reason also because she blamed Taeyeon for causing her mom into a car accident. When her mom condition had stable, her mom told them that she went to rescue Taeyeon which almost got hit by a car. Resulting it's herself that got hit by car. Hara tried not to run to Taeyeon room the moment her mom told her the story, and strangle Taeyeon to death.

 

Jongmin eyed his sister disagree which only get ignored by her. He eyed his mom which gone a bit lighter than before upon knowing that Taeyeon was alright.

 

“Really?” Mrs. Goo eyed Hara as her eyes glint in happiness, although she tried to mask it so as not too obvious.

 

Hara just nodded nonchalantly. Quite uncomfortable for knowing her mother energy could lit up a bit just knowing that Taeyeon was alright.

 

“Here, eomma. Eat it.” she smiled sweetly to her mom and Mrs. Goo took it gladly.

 

Hara felt like someone was eyeing her, and turn out it’s her brother. Her brother was looking at her with a look of disappointment and disagree. Why? Because she told her mom that Taeyeon was alright when actually she hasn’t wake up since days ago? Hara ignored her brother look and continued to feed her mom.

 

Jongmin shook his head and sigh. He left the room and headed to Taeyeon room. He had visited Taeyeon this morning, but who knows she had awake this night.

 

As he walk to Taeyeon room, he bumped into Sandeul and Nayoung which are going to Taeyeon room, only they came from different direction than Jongmin. The three then enter Taeyeon room, and the same sight still welcome Jongmin. Taeyeon still sleeping comfortably in her bed, without moving an inches. No different than earlier when he came to visit her.

 

Leeteuk could only smile weakly. He was tired to be honest, he also lost sleep this past few days as he waited for Taeyeon to awake. The same doctors had came a few times to check on Taeyeon, and they still shook their head to Leeteuk, meaning Taeyeon hasn’t improved anything although her physic were totally alright.

 

“How’s Mrs. Goo, Jongmin?”

 

“Eomma has awake. But she need a bed rest for a month. Afterall, she’s totally alright.”

 

Leeteuk nodded as he turn his head to Nayoung which help to clean Taeyeon with the wet towel now. How he wish Taeyeon also would wake up now. He sigh inwardly.

 

After a talk for awhile, Jongmin had went back to his mom room and Sandeul had to sent Nayoung back. He will come back again later to stay with Leeteuk. He knows his hyung had lost sleep, but he also refuse to left Taeyeon side. Leeteuk had told Sandeul of the possibility of Taeyeon wake up and be left alone in the room without no one. He understand it though.

 

As soon as he sent Nayoung back, he immediately drive back to the hospital and head to Taeyeon room. As he went back he had found Leeteuk sleeping beside Taeyeon bed with an uncomfortable position and Sandeul was sure that his hyung would have either neck sore or backache.

 

He wake Leeteuk up and ask him to just take a sleep at the big sofa in that room. The benefit of the VVIP room which has a sofa that you can turn it into a bed considering the size. Leeteuk was too tired that he even didn’t mind the cold air in the room, resulting Sandeul had to cover him in a blanket. He then sit at the chair that Leeteuk used to sit before. He then sit there and waited for Taeyeon, replacing Leeteuk.

 

 

Despite her kept smiling, she honestly still waiting for certain person to come in her room and ask her conditions. But it’s been almost a week, and no sign of the person she’s waiting for. She secretly glancing at the door, hoping at least she was there, peeping even when she refuse to come in. just the sight of her had enough. But nothing of it ever happened.

 

Mrs. Goo then turn to his husband which are now feeding her. She’s lucky that she still had a family that care for her. But she felt guilty, for she’s leaving them any sooner when she got discharged. She also need to tell them the truth. Soon after Hara and Jongmin came in the room, joining their parents. It should be the right time to tell them the truth. But she felt something in that are preventing her to tell them. In the end she just hold it again, without telling them.

 

“When will I get discharged, yeobo?”

 

Mr. Goo smiled. “It could be next week. The doctor need to do another check on you.” Mrs. Goo nodded her head and continued to eat. Hara then came jumping in the bed and hug her mother arms like a five years old girl. Mr. Goo and Jongmin just let her be, knowing the Goo maknae can be childish and spoiled at the same time.

 

Mrs. Goo would laugh at what Hara said, once in awhile would rub her head. Or patted her. Mrs. Goo also would hug her daughter back and kiss her head as the whole family would have a little chat. But what they don’t know is that, someone was outside, watching the whole scene which will make people envy.

 

The person that Mrs. Goo always waiting for. Standing outside the room, while watching the whole family have their time. Chatting and laughing at the same time. Who won’t be envy at the sight of them? Aren’t they look like a perfect family?

 

Taeyeon noticed the bandage at Mrs. Goo head. She look fine and better. And she could even laugh freely now. A small smile appeared at Taeyeon face unknowingly just by looking at the smiling and laughing Mrs. Goo.

 

She turn around and Leeteuk had welcome her with a smile. He then guide her back to her room. He could now breath in relief as Taeyeon had awake the night before. And she didn’t sleep again after that, only looking at the ceiling till morning came. She didn’t said a word, she didn’t gave any emotion. All blank. She would eat when Leetek feed her. She would drink when Leeteuk offer her a drink. She look no more than a walking corpse.

 

But earlier, just by looking at Taeyeon eyes, Leeteuk knows what she’s asking for. He walked Taeyeon to Mrs. Goo room, standing beside her as Taeyeon only watch Mrs. Goo from outside. He understand what make Taeyeon preventing herself to get into Mrs. Goo room. But he could see the glimpse of her smiling as she watch Mrs. Goo. does that mean a good sign?

 

Before Leeteuk could move, his hand was being pulled by Taeyeon which look at her pleadingly. Her eyes said it all. And he easily understand her like how he read an open book. He sit at the same bed as Taeyeon and hug her closer. The later also hug her back without any words. They stay in the same position, till Leeteuk could heard the even breathing from Taeyeon. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter