Chapter 24

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon came into her walk in closet as she done did her make up. She open one of the drawer, in search for her wristwatch, but a blue box caught her eyes. She pick it up and open it. The blue sapphire necklace. She look at it boringly, and close the box with a thud. She choose her black Tiffany & Co. wrist watch and left the walk in closet.

 

Ever since she received that necklace, never once did she try to wear it. The box will always hidden deep in her drawers. She didn’t feel like wearing the necklace. She hate it. But oh well, that necklace should never bother her anyway.

 

As usual, Taeyeon arrived at company. People that meet her on the way will greet her, which the later only walk didn’t mind their greeting. As the elevator door about to close, it suddenly open again. A hand was preventing it from closing.

 

Jooeun sigh in relieved as she manage to stop the door from closing. She about to step in back jump in slightly as Taeyeon was inside, looking at her boringly. Jooeun bit her inside cheek, and step in the elevator, trying to stand not too close with Taeyeon. She curl her fist, contemplating whether to talk to her or not.

 

She brave herself. “Taeyeon-ah, I have something to say to you.” but Taeyeon didn’t turn to her.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, jebal..” Jooeun pleaded.

 

The machine ping. Announcing that Jooeun had arrived at her floor. She didn’t care though, she leaned forwards and pressed the door closed. The machine then heading to 15th floor.

 

Jooeun take Taeyeon hand but was yanked back by Taeyeon. She look at Jooeun coldly. “Don’t act like you know me, Im Joo Eun.”

 

Jooeun shook her head, a look of disbelieve appear right in her face. “Ani, I know you. You’re Kim Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon, my..” Jooeun trailed off. “My best friend.” she said in whisper. She know, it might sound funny to Taeyeon, but, they used to be best friend.

 

The machine ping again. Taeyeon turn away and about to step out but was pulled back from Jooeun, the door closed as Jooeun pressed it repeatedly. Then she pressed the button 16.

 

“Just what do you think you’re doing?!” Taeyeon roar. Anger filled her as she was pulled back by the woman in front of her.

 

Jooeun don’t care anymore whether Taeyeon was angry at her or she intimidate her right now. She need to talk with Taeyeon. She will deal with her wrath later. They arrived at 16th floor. The whole floor was empty. There’s nothing there. But both human didn’t step out from the machine, end up the machine door close again.

 

“About those year, I’m sorry.” Taeyeon turn away, refused to look at Jooeun.

 

“I know I’m at fault, I know I did you wrong. I’m sorry.” tears start to fall down from her cheeks but Jooeun try her hard to prevent it.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.. Jebal..” she pleaded.

 

Taeyeon look at Jooeun. People could tell how furious she is. “I don’t know who you’re. And I’m not that Kim Taeyeon you’re referring to.” she pressed the button, and the door open. Taeyeon step out from the machine and walk away, but stop midway. “Rules number three, don’t waste my time.” she said without turning back, and head to the emergency exit, taking the stairs down.

 

Jooeun leaned on the wall, trying hard to control her sob although she can’t stop the tears that kept coming down. It’s been more than a week since she tried anything to talk with Taeyeon. But, every time Jooeun attempt to talk to her, she pretend that she’s not there and just left. Now, she totally regret the thing she had done to her. Totally.

 

 

“You’re early.” Leeteuk stated as she enter the mini meeting room, with design team trailing behind him. Not a surprised actually. Taeyeon always the one arriving early at meeting and leave later than others.

 

Taeyeon just nodded her head as she read onto her file. The meeting room was filled, and as soon as they took their seat, Donghae then start the meeting. It’s a meeting regarding their ADCC design. Every time this competition was held, Taeyeon would held a meeting once a week, wanting to know the progress. Donghae then explained the design he and his team had made so far. Taeyeon and Leeteuk listened to his explanation as in their hand was the sample of their design.

 

Jooeun eyes can’t leave Taeyeon. She kept looking at Taeyeon, but the later never look up. She’s sure that she is indeed the Taeyeon she’s looking for. But, Taeyeon kept denying she’s not that Taeyeon Jooeun refer to. Jooeun bit her lips. Things definitely not easy between her and Taeyeon. She need to try harder to win her heart. Or those regret will eat her up more.

 

Meeting end in span of almost 1 hours. All were leaving the meeting room except Taeyeon that stay still at her seat. Leeteuk just let her be, it’s a habit of her actually. Jooeun walk slowly, she halt her step before nearing the door. She look back, and bit her lip. She close her door, and walk back to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon was reading the report regarding their new construction at Jamsil. And she know, someone was sitting there, looking at her without a word. She continued to read the file, not minding the person in front of her.

 

“I know I did wrong to you. I shouldn’t have left you that time, but..” she trailed. She find it hard to say the next words. “I’m also scare at that time.”

 

Taeyeon clear up all the file in her table and stood up. She walk to the door but Jooeun, again, succeed to stop her. “I’m talking to you.” Jooeun said firm.

 

“I.. Won’t stop bothering you, until you forgive me. I will do anything, just for you to forgive me. I won’t stop.” she said steadily.

 

“Stop talking to me like you know me.” Taeyeon state icily and left the room.

 

 

Taeyeon was at it again. Working her of even though the clock has strike to 8. Leeteuk earlier had went for a meeting lunch, that he didn't have a time to have lunch with Taeyeon. And as he came back, Sandeul had informed that Taeyeon skip her lunch. Leeteuk open her door, Taeyeon was drowning herself in the file she’s working at.

 

He raised an eyebrow, and plopped himself at the couch. “It’s 8 now.”

 

“And you’re still here.” Taeyeon said under her breath.

 

Leeteuk nod his head. “Let’s have dinner. I’m hungry.”

 

Taeyeon hummed in response. “5 more minutes.” and Leeteuk grin. He sit there while waiting for Taeyeon to done her things. He tap his fingers at the sofa arm as he wait the 5 minute to pass.

 

He look up when Taeyeon clean up her table, and pick her Prada bag. He raised himself from the couch, and both left the company.

 

 

 

The restaurant’s not that crowded though. Since it getting late. Taeyeon and Leeteuk choose the seat near the window, allowing Taeyeon to look at the outside. Leeteuk order the usual, and both wait for the dish.

 

“The company christmas party, are you coming?” Leeteuk start out.

 

Taeyeon shook her head. She never attend that party. And she never will. It’s November now. Almost the end of’ the month. And PK Group always make a party, Christmas Party, and every employee always attend it. It was held at one of PK Group hotel. And Taeyeon, for the length time she work at PK Group, she never attend those party. Yeah, what to do, she doesn’t like crowded though, not to mention, the party has no business thing.

 

Leeteuk smile slightly. He know Taeyeon won’t attend it, but, he will make sure to keep persuade her to come. He look at Taeyeon, intentionally to irritate her. Taeyeon turn her head to him, looking at Leeteuk boringly. And he just chuckled. Leeteuk then put both his palm under his chin, looking at Taeyeon while making a sweet smile. So not a Chairman typical, huh?

 

He keep blinking his eyes to her, making weird face to her, and, yes, he did it. Taeyeon smile. Almost to chuckle. Leeteuk keep doing the same thing, to the point Taeyeon had to turn away, but, still, she kept smiling, and prevent herself from laughing. He chuckled.

 

After that, the dish coming. They eat while once in awhile talking about work, or the new project, or whatever. Doesn’t need to talk about the latest Prada, or Gucci, doesn’t need to talk about the newest cars, just talking something random, although Taeyeon don’t like it in the first place, but, Leeteuk succeed in making her talk that things. Although, sometimes Taeyeon will answer him with a witty remark, or full of sarcasm. But deep inside Taeyeon heart, as long as it’s him, that’s enough.

 

 

 

They both were walking hand in hand in nearest park. Looking around the park, that even it’s getting late, there’s still so much people. Seoul just never die, even the night came. Some youngster even still playing tennis in the wide lawns. Leeteuk smile seeing those youngster. Lucky them, he never got the chance to play that thing.

He look at his side. Taeyeon was enjoying the walk. “You enjoy it here.” she nodded her head.

 

“Gone the business look Director Kim.” he teased. But Taeyeon didn’t mind. She just let him be.

 

Leeteuk then led her to one of the bench. They were sitting, facing the river in front of them. “Say, how much have I win your heart so far?”

 

Taeyeon look at Leeteuk, contemplating his question. She then shook her head. “Not gonna tell you.” she said turning away from Leeteuk and look at the river in front of her.

 

Leeteuk chuckled. Okay, he will let her be then. He wrapped his arm to Taeyeon, pulling her closer to him. And she just obeyed. “Should we have a real date, hmm?”

 

“I’m busy.”

 

“And I’m your boss.” Taeyeon shook her head. Amazed at Leeteuk attempt.

 

“Tomorrow, then?”

 

Taeyeon shook her head at Leeteuk attempt. “Is it nice?” she blurted out of air.

 

Leeteuk followed her eyes. She was looking at group of kids that still wearing their school uniform, cycling around the park. The group was happily chatting while riding the bike.

 

“It is. I try it once with Sandeul.” his eyes never leave Taeyeon. Somehow, he kind of feel like Taeyeon doesn’t have much good memory when childhood. Though she didn’t show much emotion, he can see how much her eyes is longing for something.

 

He then stood up, pulling Taeyeon with her that gave him a question look. “Let’s try it then.” and Taeyeon just followed as Leeteuk pull her. There’s a place where people can rent bicycle. Upon arriving there, Taeyeon pulled her hand away. She’s about to walk away but Leeteuk grab her again.

 

“Just try it once.” Leeteuk hold onto Taeyeon wrist as to stop her from going. He pay the bicycle to the renter. “We have one hour. Come on.” he pull Taeyeon with her and his other hand pushing the bicycle.

 

Taeyeon eye the bicycle. When was the last time she ride this one thing? Or is it never in her lifetime? She bit her lip. Well, how to say this, despite her being a smart person, she never once riding this thing, and she doubt if she can ride it. As others said, there’s no one that was born perfect.

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “You, can’t ride this?” he said looking at Taey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter