Chapter 43

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk look around the mansion as he waited for the certain someone to went out. He had been here just minutes ago. Doing something that he need to done. In his hand was a box that he had took with him the moment he step in the mansion. He look at the box and smile bitterly. Those box and the inside are going to waste again. What a pity.

 

“Oh, Leeteuk. It’s you.” Mr. Goo called out as he went down the stairs. Leeteuk lookup and stand up to greet the elder.

 

“My wife are going down in a moment.” right after he said it, the appearance of his wife had been seen. “Right, here she is.”

 

The Goo elder then took a seat at the long sofa, while Leeteuk took the other one, facing both of them. To be honest, Mrs. Goo felt like hiding in her room, for she has the guts of the reason Leeteuk want to meet her. It’s also been a week since the last meeting with him at the restaurant. But nonetheless she still went down, for she doesn’t want her husband to ask her question that she’s not ready to answer yet.

 

Leeteuk greeted her politely, and Mrs. Goo catch the familiar box in his hands. Right, that’s the box that she ever gave to Taeyeon. Her own design jewelry. Why did Leeteuk bring it here?

 

“I will left the two of you then.” Mr. Goo raised himself and left his wife with Leeteuk. For a while Leeteuk was weighing something, but then he called out Mr. Goo.

 

“I need Mr. Goo here also.” Mr. Goo frowned. The maid earlier called saying that Leeteuk want to meet with his wife. But nonetheless, he still nodded and went back to his seat, beside his wife.

 

Leeteuk eyed the elder before him and start what he need to do.

 

He handed the box in his hands at the table, pushing it to Mrs. Goo. the later could only eyed the box in confused. While Mr. Goo could only frowned. The son of his best friend look weird today.

 

“That’s.. I’m returning it on behalf of Taeyeon.” upon mentioning Taeyeon, the elder both gave a reaction. Mr. Goo was surprised that Taeyeon had return the gift his wife gave her, that’s so not her. And Mrs. Goo felt like her heart drop in a beat. Why? She couldn’t explain.

 

Leeteuk gave a small smile. “I’m the one that decided to return it. Taeyeon didn’t said anything about returning it. But rather than seeing the box went to garbage, won’t it be better to return it?”

 

Mr. Goo widen his eyes. “Yes?”

 

“That box.. Had lived in Taeyeon garbage for a week. It’s a waste, that’s why I decided to return it.” Mrs. Goo felt like she had collected herself, and smile to Leeteuk. She push the box back to him.

 

“It’s okay, Leeteuk. You don’t need to return it back to me. I gave it to her. It’s up to her what she want to do with it.”

 

Leeteuk shook his head. “But it hold a different meaning to her when it’s still in her.” Leeteuk look at Mrs. Goo mysteriously.

 

Leeteuk leaned back and sigh. He eyed the elder before him. He honestly don’t want to do this. Even there’s no word from Taeyeon. But he felt like he need to clear out everything for her.

 

“Can I know, the reason you’re not showing up that night, Mrs. Goo?”

 

Mr. Goo raised his brows. He didn’t get what Leeteuk is talking right now. But the best is to stay quiet for now.

 

Mrs. Goo turn her eyes nervously. She felt like a cold sweat was forming in her forehead now.

 

“I.. I just.. I forgot.. I forgot that I had to met her.” she stutter. The hell Leeteuk would believe it.

 

“Ani, that’s not your reason.” she look at Leeteuk wide eyes, shaking her head lightly. As if giving a sign to Leeteuk not to say anything in front of her husband now.

 

But Leeteuk pretend he didn’t catch the sign. His eyes send out a laser now to her. Leetek respect the woman before her as his father best friend wife. But knowing how reckless she could be, and how she had hurt Taeyeon, making him and Taeyeon had to separate now, he hold grudge to her, a bit. It can’t be said as hate or loathe. It’s just he couldn’t see Mrs. Goo the way he see her like before.

 

“Do you know what Taeyeon always hoping from you, Mrs. Goo?” Leeteuk don’t need an answer from her.

 

“Fight for her.” he said calmly, not minding that Mrs. Goo had suddenly went pale.

 

“But you never once show it to her. Oh, right, you show it once. When you save her from the car crash.” Mr. Goo don’t like how Leeteuk tone was like mocking his wife. The Leeteuk he known wasn’t like this.

 

“Just what do you want to say, Leeteuk?” Leeteuk eyed Mr. Goo for a second with a smile that make Mr. Goo shiver.

 

“I’m just saying, the mother my woman waited for a long time, decided to abandon her again for the second time.” Mrs. Goo stay rigid. She don’t know what to act, as she eyed her husband that are thinking right now.

 

“I.. don’t understand.”

 

Leeteuk smile a little. “I’m not talking as Leeteuk, Park Kyung son. But as Leeteuk, Taeyeon fiance.”

 

“She waited for you to appear that night. But you never once show yourself, even for a phone call.” Mr. Goo followed Leeteuk stare which are now looking at his wife. Just what is happening here.

 

“Do you know what she want to told you that night?” Mrs. Goo look at him b in tears.

 

“Eomma, uri sijakhanda. I forgive you. Let’s start all over again from the start. I’m not going to ask you to choose. It doesn’t matter anymore. That’s what she want to say that night. But you didn’t came. You ditch her.” Mrs. Goo felt like any oxygen in her body had left her the moment she heard what Leeteuk said. Is it true Taeyeon want to tell her those that night? Is it true Taeyeon decided to reunited with her again? Is it true Taeyeon had forgive her?

 

“Leeteuk, just what are you intend to say?” Mr. Goo can’t take it anymore. He felt clueless here.

 

Leeteuk smiled bitterly. “The night when we met week ago, also the night Taeyeon had been waiting for Mrs. Goo to appear. But she never did. She ditch her. Making Taeyeon effort went to waste.” Mr. Goo widen his eyes, he look at his wife to look for an answer but the later just bow her head.

 

“Yeonseo, is it true?”

 

“I just.. I just forgot..” she said lowly.

 

“Ani. you remember. But the moment you didn’t show up has explained that Mrs. Goo had choose the Goo’s than Taeyeon.” he shot. “Your daughter, she’s waiting for you that night, and you just threw her hope. She was broken.”

 

Mr. Goo widen his eyes. What did Leeteuk said? Daughter? Taeyeon is his wife daughter?

 

“What do you mean daughter?”

 

“I will left that to Mrs. Goo to explain.” he averted his gaze to Mrs. Goo back. “She never ask for forgiveness in the start. She only want you to fight for her. Taeyeon are more into action than words, you should have known that, Mrs. Goo. even if you kept begging for forgiveness from her, that’s not what she ask for. As long as you show her that she’s worth in your life, she will open her arm widely to you.” Mrs. Goo closed her eyes as she couldn’t hold her tears anymore.

 

“Why is it she always show her cold and hatred look to you? Not because she hate you totally. She was disappointed with you. You left her. You forget her. And you just easily ask for forgiveness from her.” Leeteuk smirk.

 

“You didn’t fight for her from the start. You kept disappointing her.” Mrs. Goo cover with her palms. She was sobbing right now. If what Leeteuk said was right, she had been a fool all this time. She’s really a fool.

 

“There’s one thing you never know, Mrs. Goo.” he paused for a while. “Taeyeon, always watch you from far. Never dare to enter your room. Always standing outside the room. Despite her condition that should be bed rest, she kept walking back and forth only to visit you secretly. She could have dropped again, but she insist on walking to your room, only to had a glimpse of you.” that enough make Mrs. Goo crying out loud. Mr. Goo slowly start to understand the whole things although not totally. He’s still shock and surprised, knowing that Taeyeon, is his wife daughter. Long lost daughter.

 

“I’m sorry..” she sobs. “I’m sorry. I don’t know.. I..” Mrs. Goo was sobbing hard. The fact had slap her hard in the face.

 

Leeteuk could only watch how Mrs. Goo cry with regret. But it’s too late now. Taeyeon, had gone.

 

“Taeyeon.. I want to meet her. I want to meet her.” she beg for Leeteuk, but the later shook his head.

 

“She has gone. She’s gone, and we couldn’t find her.”

 

Mr. Goo widen his eyes. And Mrs. Goo could only look at Leeteuk in disbelief. “What do you mean?”

 

Leeteuk smile sadly to Mrs. Goo. “She left. For the time we couldn’t guess. It could be months. Or years.” and Mrs. Goo sobs harder than before.

 

“You’re too late, Mrs. Goo. That box, is the sign she had end everything with you.” yes, she know that. She’s too late now. Too late. And it’s the end between her and Taeyeon.

 

 

“Can you do me a favour?” she look at Leeteuk right in the eyes. Leeteuk know his answer would make a double effect in the future. It’s either good or bad. He just had a guts with it. He cupped Taeyeon face, tucking some loose hair behind her ear and look at her right in the eyes.

 

He nodded his head.

 

Taeyeon cupped his face and look at him sadly.

 

“Live without me.” and Leeteuk felt like he was being poured by a cold water now. He freeze as he look at Taeyeon.

 

“I’m leaving, for the time I don’t know when I will be back.”

 

“Andwae..” Leeteuk whispered. His heart clench knowing that Taeyeon will left him for a long time.

 

Taeyeon managed a smile. “It could be around Korea, or farther than it. I could take months, or maybe years.” she explained softly although it was clear she’s holding her tears now.

 

“I can’t. You can’t leave me.” Leeteuk beg desperately. Although it hurt Taeyeon also to leave, but she had to. She need a place where it’s only her, without people she know. She need a time for everythings that had happened in her life. Thus she can’t denied, out of all, meeting Leeteuk was the best out of all.

 

Taeyeon gave her a weak smile. “I need time for myself. I need time.. To reflect everything. And when I’m back later.. I promise you, I’ll be much better.”

 

Leeteuk knit his brows. He hug her and smell her. He’s reluctant to let her go. Although he knew she will be back again, only with the unidentified time. The unsure time of when she’ll be back. Should he let her go? Could he live without her?

 

“What if I don’t allowed you to leave?” he whispered raspily at her ears.

 

Taeyeon smile softly and hug him closer. “I know you will.”

 

They stay hugging each other without wanting to let go. Breathe in each other. Trying to memorize each smell, each w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter