Chapter 27

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon gritted her teeth as her legs was moves by the doctor. First day of therapy. The doctor can’t let her do physical therapy on first day. The doctor slowly move Taeyeon right leg, making a rhythm as she was cycling. Leeteuk stand a bit far from Taeyeon, watching how the progress goes. His hand in his pocket as he watch how Taeyeon wince as the doctor try to move her legs slowly.

 

The doctor took a 5 minutes rest for Taeyeon. Sweat was coming down her face although the room was full of air con. She took a breath and look at her legs. And she remember what Leeteuk told her yesterday. She can’t just give up easily, right?

 

5 minutes is up. Now it’s the left leg turn. And Taeyeon feel the same like how it goes to the right one. The doctor try to move her legs slowly. Trying not to hurt her much. The things go on and on and repeatedly for both of her legs for an hour. After that a nurse came to give Taeyeon a massage at legs and hands. Trying to ease her muscle.

 

And the therapy for that day had done. Leeteuk wipe the sweat at her face. Taeyeon hair was tied loosely by Leeteuk. He smile proudly at her. He then offer her a water bottle. He help her holding the bottle and Taeyeon gulo down the water as she felt exhausted.

 

“I’m hungry.” Taeyeon blurt.

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “Even when you’re not hungry, I will still have you eat tons.” and that make Taeyeon break in a chuckled. He then push her wheelchair out of the room, heading to Taeyeon VIP room.

 

 

“Oh, Nayoung. Wasseo?” Leeteuk called out the moment he saw Nayoung was inside the room. She had prepare foods at the table bed.

 

“Neh, Annyeonghaseyo, Chairman, Director Kim.” Nayoung bow politely to them. She then watched how Leeteuk carry Taeyeon to bed bridal style, and settle her at the bed. Nayoung then push the table to the bed. There’s just so much foods at the table.

 

“Where’s Sandeul?” Leeteuk ask Nayoung when he didn’t see Sandeul in the room.

 

“He’s out making a call.” Leeteuk then nodded and eye the foods in the table.

 

“I call Sandeul and Nayoung to bring those foods.” Taeyeon nodded blankly looking at the amount of foods. How many foods are there?

 

“Hyung.” Leeteuk look back at Sandeul voice. Sandeul nod his head at him, and bow politely at Taeyeon. “Annyeonghaseyo, Director Kim.” Taeyeon nodded his head back at Sandeul.

 

“Thanks for bringing those foods.” Leeteuk nodded his head to the amount of foods.

 

“No prob. We gotta head back to company now.” Leeteuk just nodded his head.

 

“Then.. Have a good meal, Director Kim.” Nayoung bow politely.

 

“Thank you, Nayoung.” Taeyeon said lowly. Nayoung eyes widen and slightly open. Did she just hear it right? Taeyeon thanking her. She then nodded her head, hiding her smile that are going to burst out.

 

Leeteuk chuckled inwardly. Well, Taeyeon never said those words though. And it’s surprising she said those words to Nayoung. He nodded his head as Sandeul and Nayoung excuse themself from the room.

 

He averted back to Taeyeon, and pick the chopstick and spoon starting to feed her.

 

 

“Why are you smiling by yourself, huh?” Sandeul glance at Nayoung at car as he realized Nayoung had been smiling.

 

“It’s just.. Director Kim, she said thank you to me.”

 

Sandeul chuckled. “You’re happy because of that? Weird.” Sandeul shook his head.

 

“Ani.. It’s just, Director Kim never said those words for years I work with her.” a smile broke from her lips again as she remember Taeyeon words.

 

Sandeul shook his head, chuckling. He then reach out her cheeks and pinch it lightly as his other hand holding the steer. “Aigoo.. Baby Nayoung is happy about that, huh?” Nayoung sigh happily. She never had a problem with Taeyeon actually. Working with her was good. She never said harsh words to Nayoung though. And although Taeyeon never said thank you to Nayoung, she always show the other way. Taeyeon’s more into action than words though.

 

 

Taeyeon was munching when she look at the table. She paused. Did she just eat all of that foods just now? She never eat that much before. It’s already a lucky thing if she eat. Leeteuk seems to know what she’s thinking though. “You won’t get fat just by eating all this today.” he then scoop another dish at the spoon and feed her again. Taeyeon complied.

 

She finish her lunch, and Leeteuk had put aside the table. He then wipe Taeyeon lips, and help her drinking. She look at Leeteuk. Long enough for Leeteuk to realize she’s staring at him. He arched his eyebrow. “Do you need something?” he asked gently. Taeyeon just shook her head.

 

Leeteuk took a sit beside her and pat her head. “Get well soon, Kim Taeyeon. Or I won’t be able to bring you at Christmas ball later.” he joke.

 

Taeyeon just rolled her eyes. Making Leeteuk chuckled and pinch her cheeks lightly. Taeyeon then stare at him blankly, pondering for a while. “That day..” Taeyeon start off.

 

Leeteuk nodded his head, waiting for her to continued.

 

“You said you love me. Why?”

 

Leeteuk smile. It took a few seconds for him to answer. “They said first meeting means nothing. Second meeting means coincidence, and third meeting means fate.” Taeyeon look at him not understand what he told her.

 

“Do you know when the first time we met?”

 

“The party.”

 

Leeteuk shook his head. “Aniya.. At the ddeokbokki stall.”

 

Ddeokbokki stall? It’s been a long time since she visited that stall. Did she just too into herself that she didn’t realize Leeteuk was there also?

 

Leeteuk seems to know what Taeyeon is thinking. “You were there. Zoning out, and then you left after receive a call.” Taeyeon thought for a while. That one..

 

“And I met you again at PK Mall, when you’re checking every department. It’s weird for me, but I smile whenever I saw you. And the funny things is, we met again at the party.” he look at Taeyeon sincerely.

 

“My heart made a flip flop when I saw you. I don’t know why. But, I want to get to know you better. And that’s what I did till now.” he bring Taeyeon hand to his lips and kiss it.

 

“I don’t have any reason to love you. My heart just did. My mind have no control in it. It’s my heart. I may not know your past, why you have trust issues, why you’re so cold, why you're a workaholic. What I know is the you right now. You that don’t want to trust people easily. You that always work your off when you get stress over something. You that like chamomile tea, you that don’t like sweets but you like cake, you that pick up phone without looking at the caller ID, and you.. That has captured my heart without my permission.” Leeteuk look at her sweetly. Taeyeon was beyond speechless. Him, that only with her for a few months had known her more than she know him.

 

“I love you, Kim Taeyeon. I love you, without knowing why. I love you.. As who you’re.” he leaned in and plant a kiss at her forehead. “And I will wait till you really open your heart for me.” he look at Taeyeon eyes sincerely. Taeyeon hand grab him unconsciously and squeeze it. Her eyes can’t leave his eyes.

 

Then, slowly.. Leeteuk leaned in, capturing her lips. Tender and soft at first. Taeyeon close her eyes in pleasure. Though their relationship still not clear, and she shouldn’t just let Leeteuk kiss her openly, she just let him be. She like how Leeteuk kiss her ever so tenderly. And her mind just can’t seem to refuse it.

 

Leeteuk tilt his head. He hold Taeyeon chin pulling her more to him and kiss her more intense. Taeyeon hand was holding onto his hand as Leeteuk was kissing her. She kiss Leeteuk the same way as he kiss her. Tender, sweet, and intense.

 

Leeteuk pull out and breath heavily. Taeyeon also. He rest his head at Taeyeon head. Then he opened his eyes and look at Taeyeon. He smile. He kiss Taeyeon nose and look at her. She was now looking at her with her doe eyes. And he hug her, letting Taeyeon head to rest at his chest. Allowing Taeyeon to heard his heartbeat. And he broke into a smile. It’s always nice to heard it. His heartbeat. It always calm her.

 

 

Days had become weeks. Taeyeon was still admitted at hospital, still wearing the same clothes for weeks. Nayoung, Sandeul, Minah and Jookyung had came to visited her from time to time. Wishing her to get well soon, and came back to company. Taeyeon smile to them, and it brought Minah and Jookyung to surprise at first. But as they keep coming and saw those smile, they’re used to it. It’s like a miracle seeing Taeyeon smile. A rare thing even.

 

Company is surprisingly doing well without Taeyeon. Leeteuk would come by the office to take care of some matter that need him, and then he would go back to Taeyeon again. The absence of Taeyeon had been a question to every people in company. But, Nayoung and Sandeul had to make an alibi regarding Taeyeon. Therefore, people were told that Taeyeon had to go for overseas business trip till the time she came back. And they believe easily.

 

Jooeun hadn’t came to visit Taeyeon since the last day she visited her. She just afraid that her kept coming will somehow bother Taeyeon progress in recovery, although all of it just an excused. She know deep inside, Taeyeon realize and know who she is. But she just hate her so much that she even don’t want to spare a look at her. That’s why she buried herself in the design she’s working on.

 

Mrs. Goo herself do come to visited Taeyeon. But she never dare to enter the room. Once a time she would come and just look at Taeyeon through the glass. Looking at her sleeping with Leeteuk sitting beside her holding her hand. She would then follow her at the therapy room, peeking through the glass door. And she would hide herself well, when Taeyeon and Leeteuk would pass by her. She should have knock the door and check Taeyeon by herself, but Mrs. Goo don’t have any guts to do so. It hurt her every time Taeyeon would look at her coldly. As if knowing what she had done before to her. But it’s impossible Taeyeon would recognize her. She kept telling herself that Taeyeon won’t know her since she just three by that time.

 

And today has come the day Taeyeon was discharged at hospital after 2 weeks staying there. The therapy surprisingly did well for Taeyeon. She can walk now, although not in the normal speed as she used to. Her hand also did better. Not as stiff as before. Leeteuk had to hold Taeyeon as she walked to her penthouse. She refused to used the wheelchair as she has used that enough at hospital.

 

Taeyeon was seat at the sofa in living room while Leeteuk made her a cup of tea. Her favourite one. Taeyeon look around her penthouse. She sigh inwardly. Then she felt her side shift. Leeteuk was sitting beside her holding a cup of tea. Her tea actually. Taeyeon then drank it.

 

“When will I-” Taeyeon was cut off by Leeteuk.

 

“Seems like I need to jail you here again.” Leeteuk said lightly.

 

Taeyeon gave him a look. It’s enough she was being jail for 3 days at her own penthouse before. And she doesn’t need another one jailing thing again. Leeteuk look at her seriously.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter