XXI

Taking Chances...

21


     They made a stop in a gas station for Baekhyun to change into the suit. At first Chanyeol insisted that the older should just change in the car's backseat. A suggestion that didn't went well when Baekhyun threw a tissue box directly on Chanyeol's face with the word 'ert' coming out off his mouth. But seriously? What's with Baekhyun and the tissue box? Why does it always ends on Chanyeol's handsome (he insisted) face? Baekhyun just shrugged saying the tall guy deserved it.

It took thirty minutes for Baekhyun to change. 'What took you so long?' Chanyeol had asked once Baekhyun knocked on the passenger seat's door.  And although Baekhyun did answer the question, everything else became a buffled noise once Chanyeol take notice everything that is Baekhyun.

The older guy's hair is styled up in a way just like Chanyeol's but swayed in a different side. The suit which is a crimson color fits Baekhyun so well that Chanyeol could swear he deserved 'the most beautiful person on earth' title. 

If it wasn't for Baekhyun's may-or-may-not hard pat on his head, he would stay and stare all day to the beauty that's beside him. Chanyeol tended to his abused head, whining.

"You don't have to do that you know!"

"I had to. I've been calling you for like forever and you just keep staring. What a ert." Baekhyun clucked his tounge.

"I'm not a ert!" Chanyeol retorted.

"Sure you're not." The older deadpanned. "Let's just go, can't we? We're gonna be late!"

"Fine"

 

The rest of the ride was spent in silence, not even a word was exchanged, with Beyonce's Drunk In Love playing in the background. 

Baekhyun is scared, it's a feeling he's not denying. The mere thought of meeting Chanyeol's brother made him shiver all the way down to his bones. 

He feels so unworthy of Chanyeol's dedication. The tall guy isn't his exactly his boyfriend yet and he felt guilty for not being brave enough to tell Chanyeol how he really feels. 

Then another thought crosses his mind. The Student Exchange Program. If he tell Chanyeol about it, what would his reaction be? Happy? Disappointed? 

As he was about to share his thoughts to Chanyeol, the car engine stops and Baekhyun looked around only to realized they arrived. 

And he's scared feeling was back on track. 

"Yeol, I'm nervous." Baekhyun blurts out all of a sudden.

Chanyeol reached out and took his left hand giving it a light squeeze. "Don't be Baek. My brother's really cool guy. It'll be like meeting Kai all over again." 

Baekhyun laughed. And that was all he need. An ice breaker, an assurance that it won't go bad as he think it will be.

'I'm here' Chanyeol said before jumping out of the car and runs on his side opening the door for him. The gesture, although not unfamiliar, still won't fail to make his heart leap. 

"I can open it myslef you know." Baekhyun said smoothly but Chanyeol just grinned.

"I know. But a Princess should be treated  the way they should be."

"Pabo." 

 

They were greeted by a cheerful staff -Chen, his tag claimed- at the entrance and Baekhyun took notice of the restaurant they were about to enter. It was fancy. Fancier than the first restaurant that Chanyeol took him on the first time the tall guy ask him out (it wasn't a date, but t'was the first time they went out.)

A hand, so familiar, made it's way onto his own and without any do they intertwined their fingers. Baekhyun felt embarassed especially when the Chen eyed their hands. But Baekhyun doesn't mind. Well not anymore.

Chanyeol told the staff that they're here with a reservation under a 'Park Suho' and just like that they were lead on the assigned table. He's facing against them, Chanyeol's brother that is. Even before they reach the table, the tall guy already called for his brother's attention.

Baekhyun expected many things with this meeting. But seeing his brother in the form of Chanyeol's brother isn't one of them. He let out sharp gasp and that's when they made eye contact. And Baekhyun knew, his brother or this Suho guy whoever he is, knew.

"Baekhyu—"

But he won't hear the rest of it. He sprints down toward the restaurant's exit ignoring the furious call of Chanyeol. Pained etched through out his heart and body, suddenly had the urge to disappear from this cruel place called earth.

 






Hi! :D Well I'm gonna apologize for this update. This is actually the shortest chapter I've written in my entire writing career and IDK I just want to kee you hangin because I'm evil. LOL But in all serious note, I'll be busy the next few weeks so I won't update till first week of October (probably). Sorry. ^^V

Brief mention of ChenChen coz it's his birthday today (He'll appear on the next few chapters). Wohooo. :)))

 

And by the way guys, I'm going to TLP Osaka in December! Yas! ♥ Also I'm on the last stage of planning for the giveaway I'll be holding after Taking Chances... ends. ><

That's it for now. See you in two weeks??? Yes??? Don't forget to comment. Love you guys. :D

Talk to me??? ;

TWITTER@xoxoluckyexo