XXIX

Taking Chances...

29


    Baekhyun met up with Jongdae the next morning with a bright smile adorning his face. A ridiculously rare occurrence which made Jongdae’s jaw dropped all the way down the depths of hell. Baekhyun just laugh at his friend’s confused face.

They entered Professor Lau’s classroom and made their bee way to their respective seats. Once seated, Jongdae eyed him intently. Baekhyun look back at his seatmate and gives the eyebrow. ‘What?’ he mouths pausing for a moment wondering why he’s not using his real voice. After all, Professor Lau is still nowhere to be seen.

Jongdae tsks and crosses his arms, still giving him the look.

“Something happened yesterday. Spill it.” Jongdae demands. It is Baekhyun’s turn to give him the look. “Did you get laid yesterday Baek?” Jongdae added as an afterthought and Baekhyun choked on his own saliva.

Smacking his seatmate lightly on the head, Baekhyun made sure to clear that he, in no way, got laid last night.

“Then what happened that made you all this,” Jongdae snaps his fingers in a circular pattern, “giddy?”

“Nothing.” Baekhyun shrugs and started gathering the things he’ll need for today’s lesson. Professor Lau just entered the room.

“Seriously Baek, spill it.” Jongdae being Jongdae, persists.

“Nothing happened Jongdae. I just woke up feeling like the whole world is fine so I’m happy.” Baekhyun tries to elaborate the ‘nothing’ word hoping that Jongdae will finally accept it.

“Oka..y” Jongdae said and Baekhyun thought that finally Jongdae would shut up. But as he turns  once again to look at his seatmate he is baffled to see that the guy is still on the same position earlier, still giving him that ridiculous ‘spill it’ look.

“Nothing!” Baekhyun says a little bit louder than he intended to. Jongdae puts both his hands in the air in surrender and Baekhyun wanted to die in sheer embarrassment when he heard a cough and saw his English lecturer giving him a look. Oh for goodness sake! Why is everyone giving me a look?, Baekhyun cries inside.

He gave the professor an awkward smile and bows his head a little bit. He wrote ‘you’ll pay later’ in a piece of paper and throw, more like put, it in Jongdae’s desk.

“Let’s start the lesson shall we?” Professor Lau’s voice echoed throughout the lecture room and with that all attention is paid to him.

 

To be completely honest though, Baekhyun is happy because of his reunion with his brother last night. He still can’t believe that after four years of waiting, finally he got the answers he’d been searching for.

Last night when Joonmyeon asked him to move in and start anew with him, Baekhyun had to explain that even though the idea is wonderful, he’ll be going out of the country to be a foreign exchanged student in Standford University, and so he couldn’t accept the offer. Even then Joonmyeon insists that when he comes back home in Korea the older is still willing to take him in.

Baekhyun tear up at the kind gesture but also turned it down saying that both of them already have their own life ahead. He doesn’t want to limit the things both of them could easily do. He doesn’t want to burden his hyung anymore.

Joonmyeon cried, again and Baekhyun was quick to wipe those tears away. He gave his brother a soft smile and told him,

“You’re still my hyung. The hyung I look up to. The hyung I love with all my heart. I will always be your brother as you are to me. We will always have each other.

And although I would love to be with you, live with you, do things we weren’t able to do in the last four years but hyung, I have to grow up. I have to prepare to fight whatever remaining trials life has for me. And you will do the same.

I don’t want you doing something and thinking oh! Why am I enjoying and Baekhyun might be suffering? No hyung, I want you to live and enjoy your life to the fullest. Go date, get married, have kids. I don’t want to hold you back and I hope you do the same to me.

Thank you for finding me. I love you hyung. You are the best brother in the world.”

That night, Joonmyeon left Baekhyun’s humble abode with both feeling light hearted. They might not be together but they’re definitely starting new.

 

 

Lunch came and Jongdae is quick to hold both of Baekhyun’s hand to assure his safety. Baekhyun glares at his blockmate.

“I will treat you lunch just don’t kill me.” Jongdae offered and Baekhyun’s eyes brighten.

“Deal.”

 

Baekhyun is brought to a very familiar place. A place he has only been once but still he remembers it like he just visited it yesterday.

“I work here.”

They are nearing the entrance, a sophisticated two-way glass doors when Jongdae cuts of through his thoughts.

“Really?” Baekhyun being caught off guard could only offer a one-world reply.

“Yeah. And my family owns this.” Jongdae said like it’s the most normal thing to say.

Baekhyun wants to cry. Of course, Jongdae is rich! How else was he selected to become an exchange student if he can’t cover the expense needed for this program?

“You don’t have to look so surprised though.” Jongdae grins at him and together they enter the restaurant.

“But this is unfair!” Baekhyun pouts. “You’re supposed to treat me but instead you took me here so you can use your status as an owner so we can get free food.” He whines but Jongdae only gave him a wink and laugh in return.

“Unfair Jerk.” Baekhyun mumbles but soon join Jongdae in laughing as he realizes how ridiculous he is acting. He is still laughing when his eyes connect to another set not far from where he is standing and Baekhyun’s heart leaps. He takes everything in his mind as he stares at the guy who has never once left his mind. He never knew how much he misses, no, how much he craves Chanyeol’s presence until now.

Baekhyun already made a heart to go and greet Chanyeol until his eyes landed on the girl sitting opposite him. Everything around him darkens and before he knew it, he’s already standing beside their table, glaring at the girl.

I don’t share what’s mine.

He calmly let those words out but inside he is growling. He turns his attention back to Chanyeol and quickly grab the latter’s hand. He pulls him forcefully; ignoring the giant’s yelp, with nothing but one thing on his mind, get Chanyeol away from the girl.

He passes Jongdae and he heard him call his name but he doesn’t stop nor slow down. He keeps walking with the giant in tow. He’s fuming inside and he don’t have one clear reason why.

 

They finally stop. And it was in the same park Baekhyun had made Suzy get him. He finally let go of Chanyeol’s hand and glares at the said giant.

“What was that?” Baekhyun starts.

“What was what?” Chanyeol questions back.

“Stop answering my questions with questions.” Baekhyun hisses. “Answer my questions Park!”

“Fine.” Chanyeol sighs. “Go ahead but can you please calm down. You’re getting attention.”

“Let them look.” The shorter male said. “Who was that girl?”

“Kang Sora.”

“What are you doing with her?”

“Having lunch?”

Baekhyun would love to smack the giant for his dumbness and it took great will to not do just that. He shoots out another question.

“Are you on a date with her?”

He dreaded what might the giant’s answer is but he just had to ask. He heard the giant sigh and mumbles a ‘yes’. All his frustrations and anger finally took over and in no time, tears start to roll down his cheeks.

It hurts.

He turns around, ready to walk away.

“Shouldn’t I be the one walking away hurt Baekhyun?” Baekhyun’s heart shatters into pieces when Chanyeol called him by his name and not the usual princess. “Shouldn’t I be the one getting mad because you left me hanging in the air? I told you I’ll give you time but that didn’t mean you’ll go find someone else!”

Chanyeol’s words are enough to make him face the giant’s direction once again. “What are you talking about?”

“I saw you. Last week at school with the same guy you were with at the restaurant earlier. He was holding your hand and you were smiling at him.” Chanyeol looks down. “Do you know how much it hurts to see you smile when I know that smile isn’t meant for me? Do you know how much it hurts to see you laughing with another guy?

Did you know that during those times I gave you space, the heavens turns against me?” Chanyeol chuckles bitterly. “Jongin left me and I was mad at myself for doing nothing to stop him. Did you know how burdened I was? My brother and I fought. My parents want me to agree to an arranged marriage for goodness sake! How do you expect to take that all at once?

I’ve wanted to call you, wanted you to hug me and say that everything will be alright but I didn’t! Because I wanted to give you space. Only to find out you’re being happy with another guy.”

“Now, I will ask again,” Chanyeol is the one who turn around this time,” shouldn’t I be the one walking away  hurt?” 

 






Sorry for the really slow update. XD I was supposed to make ChanBaek back together again on this chapter but I thought, nahhhh. Let's drag this on. LOL Just kidding. The reason I'm trying to prolong this 'fight' is because once they make up, there isn't really anything much left for the story. In short, Taking Chances... is done. And I can't let go. Not yet. So please, bear with me. ★★

 

Anyway, please leave some comments. I would love to hear from you again. Don't let me rot here waiting for your comments. HAHA

Thanks for reading. :)))