IV

Taking Chances...

4


     “Oh, it’s you.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol stared at each other for a brief moment until the former broke the contact away. Baekhyun fiddles on his place, suddenly feeling awkward. Chanyeol on the other hand plasters his biggest smile for the other's to see; undeniably happy to cross paths with the bartended once more. A playful clearing of throat is heared waking up both guys from their own daze. Baekhyun flashes Suzy an embarass smile and turns to Chanyeol.

"What can I get you sir?" He asks albeit still feeling uncomfortable for the unwanted attention he's receiving both from his co-worker and Chanyeol.

"Tell me your name first." Chanyeol demanded.

"Uhmmm. Sir—"

"Drop the sir, call me Chanyeol. And please don't start with that ‘I’m only a a blah blah' thingy."

Baekhyun chuckles after hearing the tall guy's words because to be very honest, he's about to say those words. The chime of the coffee rings once again signaling new customers. He stops laughing and looked over Chanyeol’s shoulders and finds three guys making their way to the counter. "Sir—I mean Chanyeol, you need to order now because we have other customers waiting." He politely said when he turn his attention back to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol look over to his back and saw that it's just Kai, Kris and Sehun. Turning back, he smiles at Baekhyun and said, “Don’t worry, they're my friends."

Baekhyun could only mutter a simple 'oh' and visibly stuck between running away or punching the guy because, damn he's too persistent. He flashes Suzy a look, pleading for help but the girl did nothing  but shrug.

"I won't go anyway until you tell me your name."

Baekhyun mentally face-palmed himself. Well, okay fine, the guy asked for it, two can play the game. "I don't know if you’re stupid or just stupid, but can't you see I'm wearing a nametag?"  He deadpans pointing out to his nametag. "Now tell me your order."

"Sorry..." Chanyeol smiles sheepishly and proceeds to read the name on the tag. Baekhyun, such a nice name, he thought.

"If you won't order then please step aside." Kai said pushing Chanyeol on the side once he got to the counter. Baekhyun immediately recognizes him as he's the guy who Chanyeol punched out of frustration in the club the night before. "Hi beautiful, we'll have two hot Caramel Macchiato, one Cappuccino and a hot White Mocha for my behemoth friend here." Kai ordered turning to Chanyeol when he said behemoth. "All Grande." 

Baekhyun bit his lower lip to hide the laughter that's threatening to come out. Chanyeol's face when his friend called him behemoth is just priceless. "Anything else?" He asks and the four guys simultaneously shook their heads. "It's 18,400 all." He smiles at the guy who ordered.

"Oh Chanyeol here, will pay." Kai said pulling back the said guy to his place earlier.

Chanyeol stares at his friend in disbelief and vow to himself that one day, Kai will fall down. Left with no choice, he fishes his wallet from his jean's back pocket and gave Baekhyun the necessary amount.

"I'll just bring the coffees on your table, sir." Baekhyun informs the guy who ordered trying his hardest not to make eye contact with Chanyeol.

Kai nods pushing Chanyeol on the nearest table but not before introducing himself. "I'm Kai by the way!" He winks at Baekhyun earning an audible smack at the head from Chanyeol.

The four of them took their desired seats and opted to just silently waits for their coffees to arrive. But Kai had another thing on his mind when he noticed how glued Chanyeol's eyes are to the guy in the counter. He smirks. "Isn't that guy on the counter so cute? I'll ask his number later."

Chanyeol turns his gaze from Baekhyun to Kai in a matter of seconds and glares at the latter. And if glares can kill, Kai is probably buried six feet deep now. "Do that and you're dead meat." He growls.

Kai, together with other two, laughs at Chanyeol enjoying the rare sight. Chanyeol is usually silent and never really got so piss this hard so this is really an amusing sight for them.

"He's not  really my type but yeah, he's cute. Maybe I can ask him for a date." Kris said looking serious at the outside but smirking inside. Kai gave him a low-five under the table.

"If any of you," Chanyeol starts pointing out his forefinger to his friends, "lay a hand on Baekhyun, I swear to mother nature you're all going to hell." He finishes and scowls when the other three laugh a little bit more louder. You'll get your time, just wait, he mentally took note.

"Uhmm. Excuse me sirs." A soft voice interrupted the group's conversation and they all turn to see the subject of their discussion holding a tray of four coffees. Chanyeol hurriedly jumps off from his seat to help Baekhyun place the coffees on their table. Baekhyun thanked the guy as Chanyeol seats back and told the others to call him if they need anything. He is about to walk back to the counter when Kai stops him.

"Wait Baekhyun, I was wondering, can I get y— ouch!" Whatever what Kai is about to say, it is cutoff by his loud yelp.

"Is there a problem sir?" Baekhyun asks pretending not seeing Chanyeol kicking Kai under the table.

"Oh no, nothing." Chanyeol flashed a wide grin that resembles a kid who just got his toy after crying for days. Kai shoot daggers at him.

 "Then I'm going now." The coffee shop staff bows and walk back to the counter.

₰₰₰

Baekhyun silently watches the four friends behind the counter, getting caught by Chanyeol once in a while. They've been inside the coffee shop for an hour now and they seem normal now, judging from their loud laughs echoing through the walls. Baekhyun wonders, what does it feel like to have friends like them? He bet its fun. After his mother's death, he never got the chance to make friends or even date because at that time, all that he could think about was that he needs to survive. 

It's funny really, how he was the friendliest kid in his class during his grade school days but now look, he seems like the most anti-social kid in the world. He still dreams of having friends though so in a way, although  he won't admit it, not in a million years, he's kind of glad that someone like Chanyeol is showing an interest in him.

Shaking his head off from the thought, Baekhyun excuses himself and told Suzy he's going to the toilet. When he returns, he notice how the establishment settled down to a still atmostphere and frowns when he realize that Chanyeol and his friends is now gone. He felt disappointed for the very sole reason that he didn't even got the chance to say sorry to Chanyeol for calling him stupid earlier. He didn't mean it really. He just wanted to have the upper hand to their situation earlier. Ironically he thought to himself that maybe, there's a next time.

"You know them?" Suzy  suddenly asks from behind making him jumped out of surprise.

"You surprised me!" He touchs his chest feeling his heartbeat go in a rapid pace. 

Suzy chuckles. "So... you do know them." She nods to herself.

"No, not really, this is actually just my second time seeing them. The first one was the other night at the club." Baekhyun shared.

"Oh. They seem nice." Suzy commented. "Here," she hands Baekhyuna small piece of paper, "the tall guy with big ears asked me to give it to you. He seems sad when he didn't see you when they left."

Baekhyun accepted the small paper and scanned it. Numbers are written on it, obviously a phone number. He raises a brow, wondering what might be the intention of Chanyeol.

"He seems interested with you." Suzy snickers at the side.

"Shut it Suzy." Baekhyun scowls at her but he's not really mad. "I don't know if the boss told you already but I'll be MIA for the next five days. My finals are coming so I asked him if I could take a leave." He informs her changing the subject as he pocketed the paper to his apron.

"You're leaving me alone?" Suzy pouts at the idea of handling the coffee shop alone.

"No, boss said he'll make you supervise two new trainees." He winks suggestively. "But don't abuse your powers. Understood?"

"Yes sir!" Suzy chuckles. "I'm still sad though."

"And why is that?"

"Because... I won't be able to see your progress with Mr. Big Ears."

"Oh, shut up."

 







Hello. I'm here for an update! HAHA. Sorry, i got side tracked trying to finish a oneshot TaoRis fic(its a side story to Back For You). But I still keep revising it so it will take some time before I could post it.

Anyway, I'm trying to make this fic a little light hearted since Back For You is full of drama and shiz although this will also get some drama as the story goes on. That's it for now, I'm working on the next chapter now so please wait for it!