V

Taking Chances...

5


     Baekhyun reluctantly sits down on his blanket once again after taking a peek on his window for the nth time. The weather is so nice outside that he's close to throwing a tantrum for not being there. He would like to stroll around to clear his mind off, really, but the papers, notes and books all stares back at him as if mocking him.

Apparently he's been stuck in his apartment for three days in a row now and all he ever did was review, review, review and review. His final exams for the semester will officially commence the day after tomorrow and he needs all the time he can have to study and ace them. He needs to do this if he ever wanted to keep his scholarship. Forytunately, His boss from the coffee shop and Siwn were kind enough to let him leave for a few days to prepare for his upcoming exams.

Baekhyun sighs deeply for what seems like the thousandth time that day as he positioned himself again in front of his reviewers. But not even twenty minutes to this, he felt his phone vibrates beside him.

He inwardly groans for he already has the inkling to whom is the message from. He still unlocks it anyway.

 

To: Baekhyun
From: Suzy
 
He's here again.

 

Spot on. He's absolutely right from his guess. It was from Suzy again, telling him that a certain guy came by again and that he's looking for him.

Chanyeol.

To be perfectly honest, he's not really bothered by the tall guy's act but seriously, what's wrong with him Why does he keep on insisting on seeing me again? Baekhyun shakes his head and throws the gadget not minding where it would land. He heaves a deep breath before returning his focus back to the thing that he's supposed to be giving his full attention to.

Another buzz is heard.

As opposed to what he really wanted to do, his brain persuasively told him to check the message out and crawls his way to his not-so-faraway phone not caring a bit whether the floor is clean or not. He checks the thing for moment to see if there are damage done after throwing it but luckily it looks fine. He then grudgingly slides the unlock button only to makes his eyes grow twice wider. He blinks and unblinks them for several times to check if his eyes are playing tricks on him. But it's real. The name Giant is clearly written as the sender's name. It is not foreign contact for he did save Chanyeol's number to his phone the other day, naming as it is as reference to the guy's height.

He furrows his eyebrows in disarray when a question pops out off his head. A question which was immediately answered the moment he read the content of the message.

 

To: Baekhyun 
From: Giant 
 
Hi. This is Chanyeol. I got your number from your workmate. Hope I'm not interrupting you. 

 

His jaw literally dropped for he, Baekhyun, can not believe that Suzy just gave out his number that easily. And to a stranger at that! He also makes a mental note to scold Suzy for doing such unforgivable act.

But he's not a stranger isn't he?, his mind debates. Well, in a way yes, he's not; but they barely know each other, only saw each other twice and that's already enough reason for him to be frantic.

He ponders to himself for a second whether he should acknowledge the text or just ignore it. But he doesn't want to look rude to the first guy who shows interest to him in along while and in the end, he decided to give the guy the acknowledgement he deserves, or atleast that's what his rude bain's telling him

 

To: Giant 
From: Baekhyun 
 
Hello. I'm sorry but this is not a good time for us to talk. I'm really busy right now. I'll contact you some other time. Really Sorry. 

 

Simple and direct to the point. It is true afterall. Although that part about contacting him some oher time may not be completely true.

This is all new to him, well in along while. Having people actually getting interested with him. In his book, that's like one sign of the world ending.

He admits, he's fearful of acquainting himself with Chanyeol because he's not just the friendly type. Or if he really to be honest, he's afraid that once this Chanyeol gets to know the real him, he'll realize that nothing's special with him and then just leave him hanging. Because let's face it, people leaving him is not really his style. 

 

To: Baekhyun
From: Giant
 
Oh. Is that so? Okay, I'll wait for you. (p^-^)p 

 

'I'll wait for you'

The line made him feel a new sensation inside him. Something peculiar. But for some reason, he doesn't hate it. What is this feeling?

He is about to to reply that no, Chanyeol, need not need to do that when one of his reviewers flew and lands right to his face. Great. He snorts at the bizzareness of the scene, abandoning his phone. Seemingly forgetting about Chanyeol. 

₰₰₰

"Man, could you stop tapping your foot inside my car? It's annoying." Kris scowls at his friend. 

"Wow. You're annoyed with me tapping my foot but not with Kai. Wow. Just wow." The pertained guy mocks. A loud protest is heard from the backseat which is disregarded when Chanyeol once more. "Anyway," he starts "just drop me off at the coffee shop and you can go wherever you want to go."

Kai clicks his tounge in disapproval at the statement. "You've been going there for the past few days and he's not even there. You already gave him your number right?" Chanyeol nods. "Man, if he's interested with you he would've contacted you already.” 

"I second that." Sehun said and Chanyeol is quick to shoot them a deadly glare.

"Just let me be. I know he's interested to befriend me too." Chanyeol argues but he knows it's more to himself that the two boys at the backseat.

"Let's say he's not, then what?" Kris asked this time in a serious manner.

"Then I'll make him to." Chanyeol says in confidence. He really wanted to know the guy. He'd only been interested with someone like this when he's on sixth grade but of course that's another story. Baekhyun is the only one that's been occupying his mind lately and not seeing him is seriously driving him crazy. He admits, although not in front of his friends, he feels something special for Baekhyun.

"Fine. We'll take that... for now." Kai said; Kris and Sehun nodded in agreement. "But if he's really not interested with you, I'll make a move at him." Chanyeol is about to smack Kai straight in the face when Kris suddenly hit break, making his right cheek lands on the front compartment... again.

"Dude stop doing that!" Chanyeol hisses in pain, rubbing his cheek.

"Seatbelts are invented for a reason. I suggest you start using them." Kris said smugly. 

 

Chanyeol pushes the coffee shop's glass door and is met with dinglings of the the bell above it. The sound is no longer foreign to him for he, like Kai mentioned, has been frequenting the shop for the hope of seeing a certain guy. 

He immediately shoots a look at the counter the moment he steps in. Hoping that maybe this time, Baekhyun's there for him to see.

But to his utter dismay, the short guy is still nowhere to be found. And as he makes eye contact with the same girl that has been serving him for the past few days giving him nothing but a faint smile, he confirms that Baekhyun's not really around. Anywhow, he made his way towards at the counter and gives her a greeting.

"Can I get you something?" 

"Oh, yeah. Uhmm. Mocha Frappe will do." He replies.

 

As he settles himself down at one of the nearest table, he began to re-think why he's drawn into Baekhyun this much. Frankly, he's really not his ideal type. He always has this image of his 'the one' but when his eyes landed on Baekhyun, the complete opposite of the image he made, he just knew. He knew that he just found his soulmate. And as cheesy as the sounds, it is all true for him.

A tap is felt on his right shoulder and he immediately turns to see the person responsible. He found the girl from the counter looking down at him with an apprehensive smile on her face. 

"I kind of feel bad for you for always dropping by see if Baekhyun's around..." The girl stops midway mumbling an 'oh god Baekhyun's going to kill me' before finishing her talk. "Anyway here," She hands him a yellow sticky note with set of written numbers, "that's his cellphone number." 

Chanyeol eyes widen in shock as he eyes the paper in his hand. He feels utterly stupid for not doing it in the fist place. Such an idiot, he groans to himself. Still, he doesn't forget to thank the kind-hearted girl and tells her he owes her one.

"Don't mention it." Suzy waves her hands in the air.  "But really, Baekhyun is going to kill me." 

 

As soon as the girl is out of his sight, Chanyeol quickly retrieves out his phone from his pocket; heart beating fast. He punched the numbers to his phone and saved it under the name Beautiful. He then taps the 'Messaging' icon and press the new message button. He stares at the white screen for a while; deciding on how to approach Baekhyun the right way.

After what felt like forever, he came into a decision and began constructing his first ever sms to Baekhyun. Yay!

 

To: Beautiful 
From: Chanyeol 
 
Hi. This is Chanyeol. I got your number from your workmate. Hope I'm not interrupting you. 

 

He kept it simple, opting to introduce himself first so that Baekhyun will have an idea whom the message is from in case he didn't save the number he gave him a few days ago.

He waited for Baekhyun's reply which, thankfully, came not long after.

 

From: Beautiful 
To: Chanyeol
 
Hello. I'm sorry this is not a good time for us to talk. I'm really busy right now. I'll contact you some other time. Sorry. 

 

Chanyeol frowns. Is he really busy or just doesn't want to talk to me? He fights the urge of demanding an aswer from Baekhyun to his dilemma but is reminded that, 'Patience is a Virtue'. So instead, he wrote a modest reply.

 

To: Beautiful
From: Chanyeol
 
Oh. Is that so? Okay, I'll wait for you. (p^-^)p 

 

He cringes at a sudden realization. Oh no he did not! What the hell? An emoticon? Really? Oh the things he does for Baekhyun. He rests his head on the table, chuckling to himself.

He patiently waits for Baekhyun's reply which in his complete disappointment, never came.

 








I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. 100x >< I've written this a few days ago but for some reason I kept on revising this chapter so I didn't post it yet. But here it is now. Am I forgiven now? NO? Okay, OTL I'll try to update tomorrow to make up with you guys. Didn't proof read this so sorry for errors. ><

Anyway, have you checked out my TaoRis sidestory for Back For You? If no click here to read. (Sorry I'm shamelesly promoting my other fic here)

Well, that's all for now, thanks for sticking out with the story. I know it's still kind of boring but I'll promise it'll get better as we progress. ^^V Please wait for the update. :D