XVII

Taking Chances...

27


     “What the hell?”

Baekhyun gasps and stares simultaneously at the two incredibly identical face before him. Breathe hitching; he took a few careful steps backward. He closes his eyes for a few good second trying to feel if he’s in a dream or in reality.

Everything stills in his surrounding and Baekhyun thought that yes, he’s in a dream.

He’s wrong for when he open his eyes once more; the two identical faces are still looking at him, mirroring his reaction. Shocked and surprised.

“Baekhyun?”

“Baekhyun-shi.”

The two of them called at once and only then it dawned upon Baekhyun that there’re two Junmyeon-hyung.

“I don’t understand.”

Tears start to fall from Baekhyun eyes and he lowers his head to hide them. He is suddenly engulfed into a tight hug and instead of feeling comfort he only starts to cry more.

Because the person who hugged him is the same guy he’s been waiting for for four years.

“Baekhyun… It’s me, your hyung.”

He continues to sobs as he stays limp in the hug. He’s been waiting for this. For his brother to come back and yet he does not know what reaction he should make. He’s torn between hugging back his brother and punching him straight in the face for leaving him.

He doesn’t know anymore.

“Baek. Please don’t cry anymore. Look at me. I’m sorry”

Baekhyun did just that and as his eyes met his brother’s he sees it. He sees the guilt, regret and remorse in his brother eyes. But more importantly he sees the love and happiness, sparkling through it. And this made him realized that yes, his brother’s back.

He hugs him back.

He hears his brother cry and Baekhyun chuckles between his tears. He looks stupid, he knows but he couldn’t careless because his brother’s back. His Junmyeon-hyung is back.

A small cough is heard from the background and Baekhyun immediately let go of the hug and stares at the other Junmyeon. But even before he could ask, his brother beat him to it.

“Let me explain.”

 

    30 Minutes Earlier

“Your brother wants to see you.” Yixing says looking uncomfortable.

“Chanyeol?” Suho questions unbelievably but even before Yixing could answer; another set of body enters the room.

“No, it’s me.”

Suho stares at the newly arrive person and his whole world stops.

“Baek…beom.”

The address guy smirks as he walks towards the frozen in spot Suho.

“Glad to know you still remember me. Hyung.”

Suho wakes up in his stupor and immediately run to hug Baekbeom but even before he wasn’t able to do because Baekbeom took a step back, blocking his supposed hug.

“Suho, please,” Baekbeom shakes his head in annoyance, “I’m not here for a dramatic reunion.”

Suho lowers his head and his heart ache. Baekbeom is angry at him and he cannot blame him. It was his entire fault after all.

“Feeling guilty aren’t we?” Baekebom tsked. “Oh, hyung.”

“I’m sorry…”

Is all Suho could mutter in the given situation. Everything inside him is crying. He thought that when the time comes he’s reunited with his long lost brother; it will all be happy tears and long awaited hug. He was wrong. B’cause he knew deep inside his brother’s heart is nothing but great hatred for him. For him who abandons his own brother.

“I’m sorry…” Suho repeats and Baekbeom chuckles in disbelief.

“Is that the only thing you could say? Damn it.” Baekbeom pushes Suho and Yixing is quick to help his boss/best friend but Suho held him.

“It’s okay Xing. Let him.” Suho speaks calmly.

“Ha. So you’re playing victim huh? Funny. Because if there’s anyone who should be pitied it’s me.” Baekbeom cries. “You promised that after we leave that hellish excuse of an orphanage that we’ll try to build a better life. Together.” He paused for a second.

“But what did you do? You in’ abandoned me. Alone. In the rain. Dying! Suho, I’m not just your brother, I’m your twin.”

“I came back for you. I did. But you weren’t there in the place I left you.” Suho quickly counter attack. It’s true after all. He went back to where he left Baekbeom.

“Did you really?” Baekbeom scoffs.

“I did.” Suho sobs. “I left you to call someone for help. I was so scared to lose you. I couldn’t lose you.”

“You still did anyway.”

“And I regret that every single day.”

Baekbeom look away and stares at the view outside the office window to stop the tears that are threatening to fall down. He doesn’t want Suho to see this side of him.

“What happened to you?” Suho asks after a moment of silence.

“A couple found me in between life and death. Took me to hospital and was saved from harm. I always thought I was better off dead during that time but they showed me there’s more to life and that I should continue exploring it.” Baekbeom narrates.

“I changed my name to Junmyeon to erase everything that got to do with the past. The couple treated me like their own child. Fed me, sheltered me. They gave everything to me. They even made me name their own child.” Baekbeom laughs as memories of yesterday flashes through his eyes.

“But then happy things aren’t forever. My step dad cheated on my step mom and went away with his girl. And although my step mom weren’t showing any form of weakness that time, I know she was deep in depression. And just a year after I graduated high school, she went to heaven and left just me and my brother.

And that time all I could think of me was, ‘How are we both going to live?’. Then I became you, hyung. I did to him what you’ve done to him. I abandoned him.” Baekbeom cries in guilt and Suho immediately pulls him into hug. Baekbeom doesn’t refuse.

“My step-mom left us a small amount of money and I thought that if I leave, my brother would survive up until he graduate in high school. I went away, left him a small note, promising to come back even though I, myself don’t know if it’ll be kept one day.

Every day after that, there’s no day that passed that I don’t regret leaving him. I wanted to come back but I can’t. I was so guilty.”

Suho continue to pat Baekbeom’s back to comfort and let his twin pour out his emotions. He too felt that way when he grew up apart from his twin. Thinking everyday if he’s okay. If he’s alive. If he’s gone to school like he did. It hurts. When you don’t know what’s happening with someone you love.

“Baekbeom, I don’t want you to think that I’m trying to justify my action before but don’t you realize? That the reason you left your step brother behind is the very same reason I left you.”

Baekbeom look straight into Suho’s eyes and all he could think of is,

“You’re right. Of course, like always, you’re right.” Baekbeom says letting go of the hug. And although the words seem harsh there is no stain of hatred in it, just pure sarcasm.

The twins laugh and Suho’s heart swells in happiness for god knows how long he lives to see this day come.

“I’m sorry hyung for my harsh words earlier. I just…”

“I should be the one saying sorry no you. I understand where you’re coming from.” Suho smiles. “Actually I’ve been looking for you for years now.”

“I know.” Baekbeom grins in return. “I just didn’t want you to find me.”

“You!” Suho points a finger at Baekbeom and the latter gives him a look. “I hate you!” Suho lightly punches his brother.

“Love you too, hyung.” Baekbeom chuckles.

“Then why show up now?” Suho asks curiously.

“I don’t know. Maybe I’m tired of running away. And I want to look for my step-brother too. Maybe that’s why” Baekbeom replies.

Suddenly, an image of a running guy flashes thru Suho’s mind. He smiles. He is actually the recent clue to Baekbeom’s where about that he received from his investigator when he was in Japan.

“Believed me, Baekhyun’s fine.” Suho winks and Baekbeom stares at him incredibly.

“How did you know his name?” Baekbeom asks in disbelief. “And what do you mean by ‘he’s fine’?”

“I was trying to find you and Baekhyun’s profile was sent to me.” Suho shrugs. “And I’ve actually seen him once. But he ran away as soon as he saw me. Maybe he thought I was you.

Now that I mentioned it, what’s with the blonde long hair? It looks bad on you. God. Now I know how I will look with that hairstyle. Oh. It looks awful.” Suho shivers.

“Shut up.” Baekbeom hisses while Suho laughs.

“Anyway, where are you actually staying?” Suho asks Baekbeom.

“I’ve been staying in Jeju for 2 years now. I work as a resort hotel manager there.” Baekbeom answers. “Good Pay. That’s why I was able to counter attack you into finding me.”

“Then why haven’t you tried looking for Baekhyun?”

“I don’t know.” Baekbeom confesses, guilt eating him inside. “I’m scared. I know he’s angry and I just don’t know hyung.”

“You promised him right? You should keep it.”

Just then the door of Suho’s office opens, revealing a petite boy that look oh-so-familiar to both Baekbeom and Suho.

 

 

“It’s a really small world after all huh?” Baekhyun sighs.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Junmyeon asks him.

 

“No. Not really. Not anymore. Like Suho-shi here. I understand why you did it.” Baekhyun smiles. “Thank you hyung.” Junmyeon hug him once again and Baekhyun couldn’t be happier. 

“So should I call you Baekbeom or Junmyeon?” Baekhyun laughs heartily and everyone in the room did so.

“I’m your Junmyeon-hyung.”

“Junmyeon-hyung it is.” Baekhyun grins.

“Let’s all go grab dinner.” Junmyeon suggested but Suho is quick to turn down the offer. As much as he love to spend more time with his twin he knows Baekbeom and Baekhyun needs an alone time. He already had his time with his twin earlier anyway.

“I still have more papers to do.” Suho reasons. “Right Yixing?”

“Finally! I was acknowledge.” Yixing huffs a breathe. “I literally thought I was an air the whole time.”

The office is filled with laughter. And the scene is so beautiful that each one of them wants to remember it for the rest of their life.

“I guess it’s just me and Baekhyun then.” Junmyeon smiles and turns to Suho. “Thank you hyung, for searching for me.”

“I wouldn’t lose you again.” Suho said ruffling Junmyeon’s hair. “Have fun with Baekhyun. And Baekhyun…”

“Yes Suho-shi?”

“Please talk to Chanyeol as soon as possible. My brother needs you most right now. Please stay with him. Fight for him.”

Baekhyun freezes for a second. The way Suho said the words reminded him his unsettled issue with Chanyeol. Now that he thinks about it, he suddenly feels not ready to face Chanyeol.

He promised to himself that after he settles his issue with his brother he’ll go immediately to Chanyeol. But what is this feeling of uncertainty bubbling inside him?

He promised that he’ll go and get his happy ending. But why is he afraid to face him now? Why is he afraid to face his giant?

Baekhyun continue to search for an answer but he came up with nothing. Instead he turns his attention back to Chanyeol’s brother and give him the most convincing smile he could muster.

“I will.”

 

 

Will he?

 

 







Woah!! I finally got over with the brother thing. LOL. Did you expect this?? HAHA. Sorry. I thought I made it pretty obvious in the past chapters already. :D
Anyway, I'm super happy that I'm able to update today. I'll try to update again soon. This sunday as the earliest. Please wait for it. XD

Thank you to everyone who commented. I read everyone's thought on the previous chapter and I was so happy that my jaw hurt from smiling, Thank You so much. To my new subscribers; Welcome, ^__^ And to those who gave me an upvote. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. My hear is jumping in joy when I saw my upvote count pass 30. :))) Thank you really. ♥♥♥

 

P.S.

 <--- This is Suho

 <--- This is Baekbeom/Junmyeon

 

TWITTER@xoxoluckyexo