XXII

Taking Chances...

22


     Shocked isn’t the right word to describe the reaction Chanyeol had. Everything happened so fast. One minute he was holding Baekhyun’s hand, the next Baekhyun’s running towards the door. He’s mind went completely back for a few second before he realized that he should go after the older. But as he was about to run after Baekhyun, a tight grip holds out to his arm. He looked back and saw his Hyung looking at him sadly.

“Don’t.” Suho said.

“No hyung. Let go of me.” Chanyeol tried to get slap Suho’s hand away but the grip became only tighter.

“We need to talk Chanyeol. It is Important.”

“But Baekhyu—”

Suho shook his head as he cut through Chanyeol’s sentence.

“He needs time. Let him be alone for a while.”

“I don’t understand. Does the two of you know each other?” Chanyeol’s face contorted into one that screams ‘confusion’ at the same time ‘angry’ because he saw the guilty look his hyung gave as the older avoided his gaze.

“That’s why we need to talk.”

Chanyeol could only comply because ‘what the hell is really happening?’

₰₰₰

Baekhyun somehow made it to an open park after running for what seems like an eternity. He ignored the look the other people shot at him as he flopped down on the green grass and cries like there’s no tomorrow. The pain inside him is unbearable and he just wanted to it stop. But he can’t. He doesn’t know how.

Life is like a car that Baekhyun’s driving. Once the road becomes clear and smooth, unexpected bumps will appear out of now knock him out. It’s always like this. And Baekhyun wonders why.

Did he perhaps, did something unforgivable in his past life that the gods is now harshly punishing him? Or maybe they just like to see him suffer. Either way it’s unfair. Really unfair.

Yes. He always wanted to see his brother. He always wanted to know if he’s doing just fine. And although there’s a small part in his heart that is undeniably angry with Junmyeon for leaving him at his most vulnerable state, the love he feel for his brother outweighs it.

But this is so wrong.  It’s wrong in so many ways. Why couldn’t he just cross path with his brother in another place. Why does it have to be connected with Chanyeol? The man he’s starting to open his heart to. The man he’s falling in love with? Why?

Baekhyun continued to shed tears. He continued to let out all his frustrations, his pain until there’s no more left even though he himself knows it’s not possible. It wasn’t until he felt his phone vibrate in the pocket of his expensive trouser that he realized he’s been out in the open for a long time. He fished out his phone to see who the intruder is and his heartaches when he saw who it is.

Chanyeol.

He contemplated whether to answer it or not. He has so many questions. Both to Chanyeol and his supposed hyung. But his heart is not ready. He is not ready for all the revelations that are yet to come. So after a good couple of rings, he rejected the call.

But it didn’t stop at that.  Chanyeol calls him again and again and so Baekhyun rejected the call again and again.

He’s tired. Baekhyun just wanted to go home, lie down on his mattress and think his life through.  But as he got up from where he sat, a realization dawned upon him. His bag is inside Chanyeol’s car and his wallet is also there.

He sighed and looked around. He’s not very familiar with the place and he assumed it’s kind of far from where he lives. He could call Chanyeol –who’s now sending him messages demanding to know here he is- and ask him to take him home but no. Like he said, he’s not ready.

So he unlocked his phone once more and called the person he knows that has an ability to take him home. It took a few rings before the person answered it.

“Hello Baekhyun?”

“Suzy. Hey.” He clears his now dried up throat. “Are you still in the coffee shop?”

“No. I just got out. Why? Is something the matter?” Suzy inquires, a hint of worry in her voice.

“I just need a favor. Can you pick me up?” Baekhyun asked uncomfortably.

“Sure. But where is Chanyeol?”

“Just please pick me up.” He purposely avoided the question and Suzy was quick enough to catch it.

“Okay just tell me where you are.”

₰₰₰

Chanyeol is frustrated. He’s frustrated because Baekhyun keeps rejecting his call. He’s so damn worried about the older. And after hearing everything from his brother he wanted nothing but to lock Baekhyun in a tight hug and whisper sweet nothings to him. To tell him he’s loved and that he’ll be forever by his side. No matter how ed up their relationship will be in the future. He just wanted to be with Baekhyun.

“Damn it, Baekhyun why won’t you answer your phone?” He cursed under his breath. “Where are you?” Abandoning his phone, Chanyeol resorts to the idea of driving around the neighborhood to see if he’ll be able to catch a glimpse of Baekhyun. “Please be safe.” He whispers as he starts his car engine and drive off.

₰₰₰

It didn’t take long for Suzy to come and pick him up. He’s very grateful because Suzy was willing to lend him a helping a hand despite the fact they cannot be considered as friends. He felt bad though. Because it seems like his workmate is supposed to be on a date seeing that she came with in which Baekhyun assumes as her boyfriend.

“Baekhyun!” Suzy runs up to him. “You look like a mess. What happened to you?”

Baekhyun looks at her and gave her a weary smile. “I just wanted to go home right now. Let’s talk about it later.”

“Okay.” Suzy nods in agreement. “But can you walk properly? Hey Myungsoo come help me here.” She calls out to her boyfriend.

To be very honest, he can’t feel his legs any longer. He’s not sure whether it was from being in the same position for a long time or if it’s because of fatigue. Anyhow, he felt arms around his waist and felt grateful for the help. He looks at the kind stranger and gave him the best smile could muster at the given moment.

“Thank you.” He expressed his gratitude. “I’m sorry we have to meet like this.” Suzy’s boyfriend just gave him an understanding nod.

 

 

They somehow made it to Suzy’s boyfriend’s car safely and before he knew it, they’re already driving down roads that Baekhyun recognized. The ride was silent except for the one time when Suzy asked for his address. He knew deep down that the lady wanted to know more judging by her not so discreet glances but Baekhyun can’t to talk it with her especially since things are still blurry from him too. As he watches the lights of Seoul flashes before him, Baekhyun finally let himself to be envelope by sleep.

He was later woken up by a soft tap on his shoulder and Suzy’s voice telling him they arrived at his apartment complex. Baekhyun looked around and realized that indeed they arrived. He unbuckles his seatbelt and glance to the two person that oh so kindly help him and bows at them.

“I’m sorry for the trouble.” Baekhyun said. “I’ll pay you back some other time. Thank You.”

“You don’t have to Baek. Just promise me one thing.” Suzy smiles at him. “Just be okay.”

“I will.” I’ll try.

“Don’t worry about working tomorrow. Just rest. I’ll handle it.”

“Thank You.”

 

 

Once inside his small apartment, Baekhyun had the urge to fall down and cry and cry again. But instead, he decided to be strong and tried brushing off the heavy feeling surround his heart at the moment. He directly went to wash up and surprisingly he felt a lot better.

He was getting ready to sleep, setting up his mattress when a soft knock was heard from his door.

“Baek?” He quickly recognized the owner the voice and Baekhyun’s heart started to feel pain again. He went to the door and rests his back on it, continuing to listen to his giant’s pleading.

“Baekhyun please. Are you in there?” Baekhyun could hear the sadness in Chanyeol’s tone and his tears drop unwillingly.

“Talk to me Baek. Princess…  Come on you don’t have to be alone. I’m here. Please.” Chanyeol continued to knock. He wanted to answer but Baekhyun’s voice suddenly went off restricting him in doing it.

“Baekhyun. I know you need time. I know we both need space for this unexpected trial. But Baekhyun I want to tell you that I will never leave you. Just like how I promise you.”

I’m sorry Chanyeol.

“You have to talk him you know. I’m not saying to do it right now because I know how hard it is for you. But the solution for every problem is to face it Baek. You need to do it Baek. For yourself. For Me. For Us.”

I know.

“I like you Baek. And I won’t let this stupid thing get between us.” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol sighed loudly and he wants nothing but to open the damn door and hug the giant. But he can’t.

“Can’t you atleast knock? Or make some sound so that I know you’re here. Because I swear Baek, I’m getting crazy. I’m really worried. Please?”

Baekhyun muster all the strength he was left with and proceeds on to tap his door to let the guy on the other side know that he’s inside and listening to him.

“Thank God.” Chanyeol cries out. “Baek. I’ll send you my brother’s number. Talk to him when you’re ready. Okay?” Silence. “And as for me… guess I have to wait till you’re ready to talk to me. I’ll leave you for a while. But when you’re ready, I’m just a phone call away.”

Thank You Chanyeol. Thank you for understanding.

 

“I love you Princess. I really do.”

 







Hallo everybody. >< Please forgive this poor author for making you wait. Gahhhh. It's been more than a month since I last updated and I deeply apologized for that. HAHA. Okay. I hope this update makes up with the short update last time. And although everything still doesn't make sense, I promise you that we're getting there. Almot there. LOL

I might update soon. Maybe? I still don't know but thank you guys for not giving up on me. Thank you always from the deepest corner of my kokoro. ^_^ Please comment your feelings and frustrations with me below. Trust me I appreciate it. A lot.

So I'll say goodbye for now. Hopefully see you on the next update. Yes? Okay! There we go. ^_^V Bye.

 

TWITTER@xoxoluckyexo