VII

Taking Chances...

7


     Dude, are you free tonight? A friend of a friend of mine will be throwing a party. You should come. Sehun and Kris will come too

Hey I know this club and it's really awesome.

Let's go at this party. It'll be fun.

 

Chanyeol's biggest nightmare just came true. Like he predicted, when Kai became aware of his brother's absence, he's been dragged to every party possible. He's not even kidding. And to think that it's only been three days since his hyung's leaving, he can't help but feel abused.

Today is no exception for Kai is already in his room, annoying him by telling him about another party they must attend. But having fed up for the last three days, he let's out an angry groan and roars at the younger.

"ing ten thirty Jongin and on top of that it's Sunday!" He glares. "Juts what the hell is wrong with you?" Kai gives him a wide grin and he knew that he's going to coax him again about going in a party.  "Nope. I'm not going. That's final. Now get lost."

"Why not? It's going to be fun!" Kai frowns.

Like hell it would be, he thought as he buries his face under his pillows too weary to deal with Kai. He had enough of his stupid parties and he rather be with Baekhyun than be with those people at stupid parties. Stupid, stupid, stupid!, he repeats it like mantra in his head.But then Baekhyun crosses his mind and his mouth can't help but twitches into a smile.

They've been texting each other since that day on the tree and although the exchanged messages were really not that special, it never fails to lift his mood (especially when his on one of Kai's stupid parties. Also they never talked about the kissed he planted on the shorter guy’s cheek. And while he is not feeling remorseful at all for doing that, the thought of Baekhyun getting mad at it scared him. Thankfully the older seems to have disregarded it and continues to send replies at him.

He also feels that Baekhyun is still holding back and is careful with his messages; not really opening much about his private life. But no matter, it’s still a progress to their blooming frienship. 

"Come on hyung. Join us!" 

Kai whines again making him snap out of his trance. He also didn't fail to catch Kia's 'hyung' because he only uses it in desperate time. But of course Chanyeol being aware this turned down him again.

"No." Finality is on his tone.

"Why not?" 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, won't he stop? "I've got plans today..." This is definitely a lie but as long as he get rid of Kai, he'll do anything. With Baekhyun." He adds for a bigger impact.

But of course it's Kai were talking about and he suddenly becomes interested with his so called 'plans with Baekhyun' and jumps on top of him. "So you finally made a move. Congratulations." Kai said swatting the pillows away from his face.

He glares at Kai and tries his best to push him off of him, mumbling words such as gross and disgusting on the process. When he finally succeeded, he jumps off of his bed and grabs Kai's shirt, dragging him towards his door. He shoves the guy out of his room and slams the door right on the younger's face. He didn't feel any guilt for he's positive that Kai deserves it. He walks back on his bed and considers going back to sleep but ultimately decided against it. He instead runs along to his bathroom to get himself clean up for the day.

 

He went downstairs thirty minutes after groaning when he found Kai in the dining hall, eating happily. "What are you still doing here? He said as he sat beside him stuffing a mouthful of sausages and eggs into his own mouth.

"You're still not"

"Why are you so persistent?" He bangs his head on the table. "I already told you no. No. No. No. And No. Just leave me alone please."

"I’m not talking about the party." Kai said. "I'm talking about Baekhyun." And Chanyeol lifts his head and stares at the younger guy.

"What about him?" He said coldly.

"How did you contact him?"

"None of your business." Chanyeol waves him off immediately.

"Hyung!"

"Fine!  I sort of saw him last Thursday at school and we started talking and that's pretty much it. Happy?" He said, frustration is damp all over his face. This is not what he imagines his Sunday would be.

"But you're going to be him today right? Can I tag along?"

"No. I mean we're not really going out today." Chanyeol decided to just tell him the truth.

"But you said—"

"I lied." His deep voice is shrieking in annoyance.

"Then you have to go to the party!" Kai retorts.

Chanyeol is about to argue more but stops when one of their maid-Luhan- handed him a paper; a note from his mother asking him for something. He smirks as he read the note and give his attention back to Kai. 

"It looks like you need to ditch that party too Jonginnie." He fakes a sweet voice. "Meet me later at 5. Dress casually but presentable." He said as he ruffles to the younger guy's hair. He stood walking away from the dining hall leaving a confused Kai.

₰₰₰

Baekhyun is busy sorting out his stuff around his place as he decided to do a major clean-up since it would be his last free day. He's really not into cleaning and actually wanted to stroll outside, something he's been wanting to do in the past few but as it happens, the weather is gloomy so here he is... stuck inside his flat, cleaning.

He makes his way to get his phone when he heard it vibrate; carefully trying not to step through the pile of clothes he had just folded. He's suprised to see that it's already pass 4 in the afternoon. I've been cleaning for hours now huh? Shoving the thought away, he slides the unlocked button on his phone and an immediate blush crept into his cheeks as he saw the sender's name. Giant.

He still didn't know how to react with the fact that Chanyeol kissed him a few days ago. Yes, it maybe only in the cheeks but still it's a kiss. He dated in the past, years ago when his mother and brother were still around, yes, he's been kissed but he knew them enough to let them..

But this is Chanyeol we're talking about. He barely knew him besides the fact that he's a medtech student, same age as him(although he's older and his height pride is still hurt), rich and obviously likes him. What? It's a logical thinking.

Turning back his attention to his phone, he reads the message the giant sent him.

 

To: Baekhyun
From: Giant
Hey! How's your Sunday? Mine's full of crap.

 

He quickly moves his fingers to reply.

 

To: Giant
From: Baekhyun
 
Why? What happened?

 

He contemplates whether he should use an emoticon or something but he brushes the idea as soon as it came. He press send.

 

To: Baekhyun
From: Giant
 
Kai's been bugging me. But we're on our way to my perfect revenge now :) Anyway, are you going back to work tomorrow at the coffee shop? Can I drop by? :3

 

To: Giant
From: Baekhyun
 
Yes. I am. Sure, you can but be sure to order other than water!

 

He cringes at the lack of words and emotions with his replies. He assumes that Chanyeol might be slightly annoyed at him right now. But what can he do? His social skills left him together with his mother's and brother's.

 

To: Baekhyun
From: Giant
 
Hehe :)  I will! Looking forward to it!

 

Baekhyun’s mouth quirk into a smile and decides to not reply anymore. He tosses his phone gently on his side and went back to his unfinished work. He was rummaging through his closet when he took a hold of something square. Taking it out,  tears immediately fell down on his cheeks.

It is a picture frame. And in it were him, his brother and mother smiling towards the camera. It was taken during his middle school years. He felt a pang in his heart for they look so happy and content. Looking down at his mother, he smiles and mumbles a 'Bogoshipeoyo'. Darting his gaze from his to his brother, another set of fresh tears went down his cheeks. 'Junmyeon-hyung, when will you come back? I'm still waiting'

 







Update Update Update! Geez. You might be wondering if you read that last sentence right. Unfortunately, yes. I kept on arguing with myself whether I should name Baekhyun's brother this early or keep it a mystery till after a few more chapters. But I think it'll help with the foundation of the story if I name him now.. 😆 Uh. Oh. I just dropped one of the major plotline I have in mind. >< and what could Chanyeol's revenge to Kai be? You could guess .haha. Not talking much so please wait for the next update.

Thanks to all my new subs. ^^ Hello to you all. If you have something in your mind don't hesitate to comment! Love y'all!