XVIII

Taking Chances...

18


     Life isn't really all rainbows and colors and sunshines to Suho. Although he has almost everything he wished and wanted for; money, career, success. There's still one thing, one hole left in his heart that can only be fulfilled until he finds himFor years he's been trying to locate him and sometimes when leads started showing up, for some reason, he always ended up finding nothing. Back to square one. He doesn't understand why he can't find him. Is he hiding from him or destiny just doesn’t like them to meet? Either reason, he needs to find him. He will find him.

 

"Hey. Suho. Are you listening to me?" Suho snaps out from his daze and turns his attention to his bestfriend slash secretary.

"I'm sorry Xing. I may have spaced out a bit." He reasons. The secretary let out an exasperated sigh and shakes his head.

"You're thinking about him again. Aren't you?" Suho doesn't even try denying it. Yixing knows him too well and him, lying will definitely just be in vain.

"I can't help it." He stares longingly out of nowhere. "How can I? When I have no idea where my brother is. Or if he's doing well. I don't even know if he finished school.  Or if he's alive." Suho cries out. "I shouldn't have left him you know. I should have stayed with him." Yixing quickly envelops the crying guy into a tight hug bringing a hand on Suho's back, making a circular motion to comfort him.

"We've been through this a hundred times  before Suho." Yixing said in the softest voice he could manage. "And I will tell you for nth time. It's not your fault."

"But it is!" Suho cried louder than before as he buries his face deeper into the crook of Yixing's neck. "If I hadn't left him, that… that thing wouldn't have happen. I would still be by his side. Taking care of him. As any older brother would do."

"Everything happens for a reason Suho. Always remember that." Yixing tries to not extend the depressing talk anymore. "Now pull yourself together. We need to finalize some things before going back to Korea. And who knows, you might meet him this time." He let go of his hug and made Suho look at him, giving him a comforting smile. Suho smiled back and wiped his tear-stained cheeks.

"You're dimples can really make miracles." Suho laughs and Yixing looks at him in adoration. "I'm sorry for being such a cry-baby." 

"Don't worry about it. It's nothing anymore. I'm used to it." Yixing playfully winks.

"Whatever." Suho said rolling his eyes but smile nonetheless. "Now, now, don't slack at work. Remember I'm paying you."

"Yes, boss!"

And with that, the two guys started discussing things again for the company. Although smiling, Suho can't help but wonder if he would really meet him again. I hope so, he prays.

₰₰₰

Awkward.

 

That's best word to describe Baekhyun's feeling right now. Here he is, lying on his blanket as per usual but only this time there's a giant lying beside him. Not to mention as stiff as a concrete, not even moving an inch. Earlier before settling themselves in the shared blanket, Baekhyun warned Chanyeol that any movements from the giant that he deems 'not okay', he will be kicked out in the apartment faster than a lighting.

But Chanyeol may or may have not taken it too seriously. 

"Uhmmmm. Yeol. You can actually properly breathe. I won't kick you out just by breathing." Baekhyun sighs as he broke the silence that's been engulfing them since God knows when. Chanyeol on the other hand, let out relieved breath.

"I'm sorry Baek. That's too dumb of me." Chanyeol's face flushes in embarassment. 

"It's okay." And they were silent again. But not for a long while because Baekhyun wouldn't take it. He won't. "So... what now?" He said unsurely.

"I-i don't know." Chanyeol replies matching Baekhyun's unsureness. And the said guy mentally face-palmed himself.

"Arhhhhggg. This isn't working." Baekhyun scowls as he trash around his place childishly. "Can't we just talk like we always do? Why are you so silent now? You're supposed to be the energetic one." He whines like a six year old. He waited for a reply from Chanyeol but didn't get one. "Oh come one Yeol. Talk. Anything on your mind."

"Do you really want to know what's on my mind?" The giant finally responded.

"Yes." 

"You." Said Chanyeol catching the petite male off-guard. "I'm thinking about you. Us even. I'm thinking about when you will agree to be my boyfriend." As Baekhyun put two and two together, he kind of got the picture Chanyeol's printing out. And it infuriates him a bit.

"Are you getting impa—" But before he can finish what he wants to say, he was cut off by Chanyeol.

"No Baekhyun. I'm not getting impatient. Because honestly, I don't really care about labels." He reaches out for Baekhyun's hand, intertwining it with his own before placing it to his chest. "As long as you're with me and that I can see you're happy in my company. I'm fine with that."

Baekhyun relaxes from Chanyeol's hold as he leans himself to the latter's body, cuddling to the giant. "I'm sorry." He buries his flushing face to Chanyeol's chest. "I'm sorry for being a stubborn kid and asking you to court me. But you know my reasons Yeol."

"I do know Baek. And I understand it." Chanyeol used his other free arm to pull Baekhyun more closely to him. "But let's not worry about it because I will never leave you. I always tell you that."

"I know." Baekhyun said yawning. "I'm going to sleep now Yeol. Goodnight."

Chanyeol didn't bother to reply as he watches the guy beside him be claimed by the dream god. He finds it adorable how Baekhyun looks like a cute puppy when asleep. After a few minutes of staring, Chanyeol's eyes too began to feel heavy.

"Goodnight too Baek. Sweet dreams. I love you." He mumbles as he closes his eyes.

 

 

Little did he know a contented smile formed just around the corner of Baekhyun's lips. 'I know'

 







OMFG. I'm actually here for an update. I'm so so sorry for not updating for 20 days. I just can't find time to write because real-life shiz is eating me up. I know this is a boring and a rather short chapter but hey atleast I updated right??? OTL

Thank you to all my new subbies. Wow. I actually reached 200+ subscribers for this story. Thank you so much for bothering to read. I'm really touched. Also to myupvoters. Thank you too. <3

So that's it for now. I promise a longer chapter for the next update. Please forgive me. T_T