XX PART 2

Taking Chances...

20.2


      Despite feeling somewhat uneasy in the morning, Chanyeol couldn't help but smile at the thought of finally introducing Baekhyun to his brother. Although the petite boy is, technically, still not his boyfriend, this really is an important moment of his life. 

It's super cliché but Chanyeol always had this idea since he was a little child of only introducing a special someone to his family if he knows it’s the one. If it's the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. The person he imagined with, building a home and probably family (with lots of lots of puppies) together. 

And in this case, Chanyeol felt the familiar grin slides back on his face, he knew Baekhyun is the one. 

Yes. Its super cliché and might gross some out *coughs* his three idiot friends *coughs*. But who doesn't love cliché and gross love story? Definitely not Chanyeol. Especially if it involves him with Baekhyun.

 

 

Thirty minutes prior to Baekhyun's end shift, Chanyeol found himself already in the older's work place. He definitely won't forget the look on his Baekhyun's face when he enters the small, peaceful establishment. It was a mixed of shock and proud and was that adoration? 

Shaking the thoughts away, he smoothly made his way to the counter where Baekhyun is standing still. He gave Suzy a nod of acknowledgement which the girl returned with wide smile. He turns his attention back to Baekhyun and he coughs awkwardly.

"Uhmmm. Can I order something?"  He said to ease the tension that sure Baekhyun is emitting. But it wasn't enough so he turns to other person behind the counter to help him which Suzy gladly accept. Chanyeol watches as she nudges Baekhyun with her elbow, receiving a loud yelp from the unsuspecting victim. He soon joins Suzy as she laughs at Baekhyun's reaction only you be stopped with the latter's irritated voice.

"You're not allowed to laugh Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun hissed. "You too Suzy."

"Sorry?"  Chanyeol offered but doesn't really mean it all. It brings him great joy whenever Baekhyun get flustered and cute because it reminds him that although a bit different, Baekhyun still, is a human. And that's why he loves and pursued the boy. 

Baekhyun's like a crucial long math equation that students skips with just one look and never intends to try and solve it, opting to just randomly shade an answer on the answer sheet. It saves time and energy, yes, but Chanyeol is a stubborn kid. He puts his outmost effort into trying to solve Baekhyun and although he's meekly still halfway through the solution, he will never give up. Because Baekhyun is that one point that Chanyeol need so badly in his life to complete him.

"Whatever Park Chanyeol." Baekhyun scoffed but Chanyeol already knows the older to actually not take it seriously.

"Stop calling me with my full name Princess. It makes me feel like an outsider." Chanyeol raised a challenging brow knowing that Baekhyun isn't the person to easily back out.

"I can call you in whatever way I like because technically, in this fateful moment, you are an outsider. So buckles up Park and just tell me what you like to order." It may sound harsh to anyone but Chanyeol just laughed at Baekhyun's for giving that kind of response. Although not making sense logically, he was still amused with the man behind the counter's reply. As expected of Baekhyun.

"And this is why I fell in love you in the first place Baek."

"And this is why you sound like overprotective, clingy boyfriend." Baekhyun sarcastically replied but a soft smile is evident on his lips.

"I won't mind the title though." Chanyeol grinned as he the blush on Baekhyun's pale cheeks.

"Whatever, just tell me your order. I'm still working you know."

"Fine fine." Chanyeol gave up but a smile still plastered on his face. "I don't particularly like to drink coffee in this very moment so I just-"

"Don't tell me, you'd like water again." Baekhyun deadpanned.

"Yep." Chanyeol said a little bit flustered.

"Arghhh. I knew it." Baekhyun groaned. "Go sit somewhere and I'll bring your goddamn water.

 

 

After three refills of water and two chocolate cream doughnuts (which Baekhyun insisted for Chanyeol to order), the giant was tapped in the shoulders by Baekhyun who's out of his work uniform and now dress in a casual get up.

"Ready to go?" Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nods.

"But where to Yeol?" Baekhyun inquired. "I’m still not sure why you're dre-"

"You'll know soon okay." Chanyeol interjects but smiled. "We should go."

₰₰₰

The news about the student exchange program did bother Baekhyun a lot. In both good and bad ways. 

Good because he felt so special, so proud of himself to actually managed to get this opportunity. Like, how many poor students like him gets this amazing opportunity? 2.5 out of 10? It's like that one thing he's been waiting all his throughout life. A chance to start anew. A chance to start over. But then Chanyeol came to his life and changes everything. 

He may not admit it but Chanyeol crashed his hard built stone wall in just a small time. He became this person that Baekhyun wanted to be with all the time because it relaxes him and gives him peace. Chanyeol made him feel secured. And that was the best feeling in the world especially for a guy like him who experienced nothing but the world's cruelty.

Yes, Standford is a great opportunity but he can't seem to find enough reason to leave that one person who already made a permanent mark on his heart. 

He can't leave Chanyeol.

No.

He can't lose Chanyeol.

A familiar sound of clashing metals echoed throughout the small coffee shop and Baekhyun was welcomed with a jaw dropping figure approaching him.

Chanyeol, dressed in an elegant white suit with a slick back black hair stood before him. And suddenly Baekhyun felt like everything around him but Chanyeol vanished. He stared at him like he's the most handsome guy ever grace the planet earth (not being biased but Baekhyun thinks he really is) and he looks so magical. So prince-like.

Baekhyun was abruptly brought back to reality as he felt a stab on his side and created a not-so-manly yelp. Only then he realized that he might be staring for a while and that both Chanyeol and Suzy is howling in laughter.

He felt blood rush to his cheeks giving it a slightly pink-ish color and he felt ashamed.

"You're not allowed to laugh Park Chanyeol." He said trying to sound irritated and annoyed. "You too Suzy." He added as an afterthought.

"Sorry?" He heard Chanyeol said and he knew that the giant didn't buy his act. For a split second he rethinks the reasons why the giant was able to breakthrough his walls when he's just this super annoying tall person that made him feel shorter that he really is. Oh self-esteemed, where thou art?.

But then again, maybe that's the reason why. Chanyeol never tried to be someone else. He's kind, sincere and true to himself. The kind of person he imagined falling in love with.

His heartbeat started to beat erratically as images of him with Chanyeol spending the rest of their lives together flashed through his mind. Is this what it feels like to fall in love? Baekhyun wonders.

He chased the thoughts away and focuses on trying to calm his heartbeat down. Nearly forgetting he's conversing with Chanyeol, Baekhyun settles for a quick wording for a reply.

"Whatever Park Chanyeol."

After a few exchange of bickering (and Chanyeol telling Baekhyun how he fell in love with him in the first place along the way), Baekhyun managed to send Chanyeol off to a seat and prepares the giant's order. Which is, wait for it, water. Just plain drinking water. 

Baekhyun nearly face-palmed himself when the giants asked for it but whatever as long as he got out his way talking to Chanyeol. It's not that he doesn't like talking with him, it’s just that he's still working and there's camera and who knows when will the manager get bore and watch CCTV footage. Baekhyun doesn't exactly like to kiss his work goodbye.

 

 

Thirty minutes went by in a flashed and Baekhyun found himself in coffee shop's locker room changing into his more comfortable casual clothes excited to go out with Chanyeol (don't tell Chanyeol, he's cocky enough).

But he's confused though on where exactly Chanyeol is taking him to because one Chanyeol is dressed in a suit and two he looks really happy. So as soon as he walks out of the locker room and get to the giant's seat he inquires about it. But alas Chanyeol interjects and just told him that they should go. He waved a small goodbye to Suzy before getting out of the coffee shop.

When both of them got inside Chanyeol's car, he was handed a paper bag and Baekhyun looks to Chanyeol for some sort of explanation.

"Presents." Chanyeol smiled.

"What is it?" He demanded although happy to receive it.

"A suit. To match mine." Chanyeol casually replied as he started the car's engine.

"Oh....kay.... Park. I’m totally lost now. Why would I need a suit?" 

"Because I'd like you to meet someone."

"And who would that be?" He inquired more.

"My brother."

 

 






OMG. Look who's alive. OMG. Im so sorry. Two months without an update. T__T Don't kill me please.
But hey atleast I'm alive and kicking right? Ha.ha..ha... T__T

So the next chapter is going to be BaekYeol meeting Suho and yeah expect some angst. And then we're going to jump on KaiSoo for the next next chapter and yeah settle everything about them. Then back on BaekYeol and voila, It'll be ending soon. OMG. Not really soon coz it'll probably reach 30 chapters but yeah. 
Expect the next chapter next week. So again please forgive me. T_T Don't hesistate to leave a comment so that I can see that people still know this story.lol. Im really sorry. >< 

 

TWITTER@xoxoluckyexo