FRESH & FRESH UP Info Page

ҒЯЄƧĦ & Ғ̶Я̶Є̶Ƨ̶Ħ̶ ̶Ʋ̶Ƥ̶ | Big Hit Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded March 30, 2016

FRESH & FRESH UP (Group)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
 
 
  • FRESH & FRESH UP
  • -
Dal Shabet from acrofan (1).jpg
Top Picture: FRESH UP (Japanese Unit)
Bottom Picture: FRESH (Korea Unit): Without U-Mi and Pandora
Background information
Also known as -
Origin SeoulSouth Korea
Genres Pop, dance-popK-pop
Years active 2014–2015 [FRESH UP]
2014-2016 [FRESH]
Labels Big Hit Entertainment (Korea)
Pony Crayon (Japan)
Associated acts Bangtan Boys,
Website -
Members
  • Fayth
  • Pandora
  • Ri-Lee
    Hara
 
Past members Emily
Flo
U-Mi
Sumi
Eunhui
Hailey (Deceased)
-
Hangul -
Revised Romanization -
McCune–Reischauer -

FRESH & FRESH UP (Hangul: ) is a South Korean girl group created by Big Hit Entertainment. The members include Fayth, Pandora, Ri-Lee, Hara, and Hailey. FRESH UP debuted in Japan on February 15, 2014, with the release of 'Bang!'. FRESH debuted in Korea on March 14, 2014 with the release of 'Bad Girl'. On March 23, 2014, 'Freshies' was selected as both groups fanclub name. 

As of May 21, 2015 FRESH UP has disbanded but FRESH will contiune to promote in Japan.


Career

Pre-debut

On January 31, 2014 Big Hit Entertainment annouced of their second girl group, but they would debut in Japan first before debuting in Korea. Big Hit Entertainment stated that each member (from oldest to youngest) would take a stage name with the letters from FRESH UP.

Members even have idol siblings. Ri-Lee's older brother is Chanyeol of EXO and Sumi's older brother is Woohyun of Infinite. Emily's older brother is V of BTS.

U-Mi is full Korean but born and raised in Japan. Pandora was born in San Fransiciso and raised in Hongdae. And Hailey was born and raised in Oahu.

2014: Debut in Japan, Bang!, FRESH's debut in Korea, 'Bad Girl', Ri-Lee's fainting, FRESH UP comeback, 'A', 'Hate You', KCON, Flo's leave, Hailey's hiatus, comeback in February

FRESH UP during 'A' showcase

Members started to be revealed on February 1st-February 7th. Teasers for 'Bang!' was released on the same day the last member was revealed. FRESH UP released a full album in Japan and debuted on February 15th, the same day as their showcase. Over 1,500 fans showed up for their showcase, already showing their popularity in Japan.

But before FRESH could debut, Emily left the group to focus on her studies. A new member, Eunhui was revealed on March 3rd along with teasers for FRESH's debut. The full MV of  'Bad Girl' was released on March 7th and they debuted on March 14th.

During promotions member Ri-Lee fainted onstage on March 16th and was sent to the hospital. Big Hit Entertainment said Ri-Lee would not promote for the next week to rest up.

After promotions were done for 'Bad Girl', FRESH UP was gearing up for their first comeback on April 29th with teasers being released short after. FRESH UP came back with 'A', which was released on May 26th. During the time BTS was debuting in Japan, both groups supported each other during each others promotions. FRESH UP held another sucessful showcase with more than 1,000 fans showing up. FRESH UP recived many good comments on 'A'.

FRESH attended their first KCON and peformed 'Bad Girl' as well as a new song they released before KCON called 'Hate You', which recieved good comments.

On November 19th Big Hit Entertainment annouced Flo would leave the group to leave a non-celebrity life. Also according to the agency everyone was having a hard time with that, but mostly Hailey who was reported to be in a state of depression. Then Big Hit Entertainment anounced on November 24th that Hailey was sent back to Hawaii to recover from her depression, thus making her staus for either group hiatus. A comeback for either group was uncertain as two members were gone from the group within a short time.

Then on December 16th, Big Hit Entertainment annouced FRESH would have a comeback in February, though things would be discussed with remaining FRESH members.

2015: 'Holler', 1st anniversary, 'Mamma Mia', new member Fayth, FRESH UP disband, member change, Japan comeback + 'Summer☆gic', 'Happiness', end of year awards

On January 17th teasers was released for leader Sumi and followed by Ri-Lee and Eunhui. There would be no new members added to the group for their comeback. The full MV for 'Holler' was released on February 3rd as the groups second single. They made their comeback stage on February 5th and have received many more good comments on the song, MV, and outfits used.

FRESH UP celebrated their first anniversary on February 15th while FRESH was promoting 'Holler'. U-Mi and Pandora came to Korea to visit the FRESH members to celebrate FRESH UP's aniversary together. FRESH celebrated their first anniversary on March 14th.

Teasers for FRESH's comeback was released on April 3rd. A new member was then introduced on April 11th and her name was Fayth. The group's third single album 'Mamma Mia' was released on April 18th. The girls had a showcase on April 19th and their comeback stage on April 20th at 'Show Champion'.

On May 21st FRESH UP was disbanded following on May 25th Big Hit Entertainment announced that members U-Mi, Sumi, and Eunhui were leaving the group while FRESH UP member Pandora would join FRESH. On June 15th, the company announced that FRESH would welcome a new member, and new member Hara was introduced on June 17th. 

FRESH released teasers for the Japanese version of 'Mammia Mia' on June 22nd and with the album being released on June 28th. The album was the first under FRESH since FRESH UP disbanded. It topped mutiple Japn music charts at number 2.

On July 4th, Big Hit Entertainment said FRESH was preparing for a new album and wouldn't promote 'Mamma Mia' in Japan. The new album was titled 'Summergic' and become the group's first triple A single album. A PV was released on July 15th and the full album was released on July 28th.

Just right after Japanese promotions, FRESH was prepared to release their 4th single album titled 'Happiness'. A teaser was released on September 5th and the full MV on September 8th. It got more than 1 millions views in 12 hours! The first for the group since their debut. They made their comeback on September 10th. They did their goodbye stage on October 10th.

On the end of year awards of 'Gayo Daejun', FRESH took a rookie award.

2016: 'New Artist Awards', Hailey car accident, tribute single 'Forever', disbandment

On the '25th Seoul Music Awards' and '30th Golden Disk Awards' FRESH took home the 'New Artist Awards' for 'Happiness'.

On March 20th it made news headlines that maknae Hailey who is currently on haitus was involved in a car accident with two of her friends. One of her friends died on the scene, while her and other friend were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Unfrounally on the next day it was announced that Hailey passed away after her surgery due to heart failure and blood loss. Hailey's other friend surivied the accident.

On March 28th, a week after the car accident that took Hailey's life, FRESH released a single titled 'Forver', a tribute for Hailey.

On March 30th Big Hit Entertainment announced that FRESH would disband after 2 years as a group. The company also announced that the girls will have a chance to debut again in the future if the event arises.

 

FRESH performing 'Bad Girl'

Members

FRESH UP and FRESH
Stage name Birth name Date of Birth + Position
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
Fayth - Min IL Kye 민이게 May 16, 1991 (age 24)
Vocalist & Sub-Rapper
Pandora 판도라 Choi Yu Rim 최유림 May 19, 1994 (age 21)
Leader, Vocalist, Rapper
Ri-Lee 리 - 리 Park Cha Yeon 박찬연 May 13, 1995 (age 20)
Lead Vocalist & Lead Dancer
Hara 하라 Kim Ha Ra 하라 December 24, 1996 (age 19)
Main Vocalist
- - - - -
         

* Fayth joined the group (FRESH) on April 11, 2015
* Pandora, a FRESH UP member joined FRESH on May 25, 2015
* Pandora became the leader after Sumi left
* Hara joined the group on June 17, 2015 and "officially" debuted in Korea on September 10, 2015

Former Members

 
Stage name Birth name Date of Birth  + Position
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
Emily 에밀리 Kim Tae Hee 김태희 October 12, 1996 (age 19)
Main Dancer, Vocalist, Sub-Rapper
Flo 플로 Jung So Hee 정소희 May 20, 1991 (age 24)
Vocalist & Sub-Rapper
U-Mi 유-미 Kim Chae Rin 김채린 November 27, 1994 (age 20)
Lead Rapper & Vocalist
Sumi 스미 Nam Su Mi 남수미 May 8, 1995 (age 20)
Leader & Main Vocalist
Eunhui 은휘 Lee Eun Hui 이은휘 June 18, 1996 (age 19)
Main Dancer, Vocalist, Sub-Rapper
Hailey 헤일리 Min Seung Kim 민승김
November 1, 1998 (age 17) †
Main Rapper, Sub-Vocalist, Maknae, Face Of Group
- - - - -
   * Emily left on February 26, 2014 to focus on her studies. She signed onto Sweetune, a Japanese agency on September 16, 2014 which also holds former KARA member Jiyoung
   * Flo left on November 19, 2014 because she didn't want to live a celebrity life anymore
   * U-Mi, Sumi, and Eunhui left the group on May 25, 2015 for different reasons
   * Eunhui was a member that joined March 3, 2014
   * Hailey passed away after a car accident on March 21, 2016

"

Discography

 

Korean discography

Studio albums

  • -

EPs

  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • -

Mini albums

  • Bad Girl (2014)
  • -
  • -

Single albums

  • Hate You (2014)
  • Holler (2015)
  • Mamma Mia (2015)
  • Happiness (2015)
  • Forever (2016)
  • -

Japanese discography

Studio albums

  • Bang! (2014)
  •  

    Singles

  • A (2014)
  • Mamma Mia (2015)
  • Summergic (2015)
  • -