Request

EXO'S MANAGER

2 years later...

 

Location: Im's house

 

Yoona awake when her phone alarm was played her favourite song 'Goodbye Summer'. She head towards the bathroom to get ready for her part-time job. Yoona brush her long hair after take a bath, she stare at the mirror. After that miserable day, Yoona try to keep her distance with people around her. And Minho was never seen from that day. She was quite calm since no one bother her as she transfer to another school. Yoona quickly change into her part-time outfit and head out to the cafe after put on a warm jacket.

 

She enter the back of the cafe's door where a lot of the waiters and waitress are sitting and talking. All of them look up at Yoona and smile.

 

" Yoona! Annyeong!" One of them greet Yoona cheerfully.

 

" Neh, annyeonghasaeyo." Yoona bow and flash a small smile, walk away. All of the workers know, even though Yoona don't talk much and not social, she is quite kind and polite. All of them used to it.

 

Yoona walk to the front and put on an apron. It's her turn to change shift with other waitress there. Yoona bow a little when the waitress give her a pat on the shoulder and Yoona head towards the customers to take order. Luckily, the customers are not as many as last week. Her whole body swollen because of the tiredness she earn. The waiter and waitress there almost half of them were absent last week and she volunteer herself to do it. Since the cafe is 24 hours open, she don't get anough sleep. But still she's grateful that she can help the cafe, at least she can get more bonus to pay her mother's debt. Yoona sigh, heavily knowing that the debt her mother left to her is not small. The debt cost almost 3 years Yoona work here.

 

Ring~ Ding~ The cafe's door suddenly cracked open.

 

" Welcome~" Yoona quickly turn towards the door and bow towards the guest. An old man stand in front of her, looking around the cafe. It's the regular guest. Yoona saw him since last month. He always here sharp 4.30 p.m. and always in his brown jacket, he seems quite neat with his shaved beard.

 

" Grandfather, you're here. Let me guide you to your place." Yoona smile a little and guide him to a seat that he always take. The old man smile warmly.

 

" Granfather, do you wish on drinking the regular drink?" Yoona asked politely. The old man nod and smile.

 

" Please wait for a while." Yoona bow and walk towards the order counter and came back with the old man's drink after 5 minutes, Yoona put it on the table. The TV's cafe was shown a just 2 years debuted EXO performing suddenly. The girl customers seems fangirling towards EXO including the waitress here. The old man stare up at Yoona, she don't even bother to look at the TV. The old man smile and nod. I think I made the right choice of choosing her. He thought himself.

 

" Please enjoy your drink." Yoona bow and walk away. The old man stare at Yoona. Yoona head to her locker room and change into a comfortable outfit that she always has. Her job are done. Finally, she can rest after 6 hours working.

 

" Thank you for your hardwork!" Yoona bow towards the waiters and waitress there. All of them nod and smile. Yoona head out using the front door since the back door was locked as usual every evening.

 

Yoona cough when the weather is bothering her once she was outside. It's so cold. Yoona rub her hands.

 

" Miss! Wait!" The old man from the cafe just now suddenly run towards her. He is panting hardly maybe because he is old.

 

" Halabeoji(grandfather), gwenchanayeo?' Yoona asked worriedly. He is old and Yoona afraid he'll faint anytime because not enough air to take a deep breath. Anyway, why is he chasing me?

 

" Mul mashilaeyeo(Want some drink)?" Yoona held out her water for him. The old man shook his head.

 

" I need you to become EXO's manager." The old man suddenly said after he is calm. Yoona look at him weirdly.

 

" Neh?" Yoona looked at him confusely. What is this nonsense?

 

" I've retired and I need someone to replace my place as EXO's manager." The old man continue on saying. Yoona scratch her head.

 

" What are you saying, halabeoji?" Yoona asked. The old man take a deep breath before explain the situation to balnk Yoona.

 

" My name is Yoo Jaemin. I am EXO's manager and one of the cheographer for SM Entertainment." The old man introduced himself and take out his name card and lend it to Yoona. Yoona take it politely and read it. So, it's true. Then, what does it have to do with me? To this EXO's manager?

 

" I've been searching for a girl to replace my spot as EXO's manager since last 2 month. And I found a girl that attract my attention somehow..." The old man hang his words.

 

" And?" Yoona asked confusely.

 

" And the girl is you. I'm getting older and I have a wife and childrens at my hometown so I want you to replace my place as EXO's manager.' The old man said witha serious face. Yoona widen up her eyes.

 

" Neh? I think you've found the wrong girl. I don't have anything like being manager or anything." Yoona quickly shook her head.

 

" I choose the right girl. The way you treat the customers, you treat them very profesional. And I want someone whom are not so fangirling about EXO and I saw that in you. And of course the last condition is you must be pretty. You are quite beautiful for a young girl." The old man give Yoona a warm smile. Yoona bite her lower lips.