War

Seventeen

“Well that’s a little hard to explain” Jessica smiled fiddling with her fingers. Yoona sighed and walked to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water. She looked at Yuri and shook the bottle, and then pointed at Jessica. Jessica clenched her eyes poking the bottle freezing the water inside.

                “Are we clear now?” Yoona said turning her attention back to Jessica. “I’ll let you know more about Seohyun when I can. I’ll also keep you posted about news on Tiffany.” Yoona waved as she slammed the door behind her. Yuri held the bottle in her hand still staring in disbelief.  

                “I hate the cold” Yuri muttered, and Jessica looked towards to fiddling hands. “But I guess I like it” Yuri smiled placing the water bottle on the table.

                “What do you mean?”

                “You’re, I can’t even believe I’m going to say this. You’re ice aren’t you? Well not that you’re a block of ice I mean you like freeze things. I swear I’m dreaming” Yuri ran her fingers through her hair thinking about what she just saw.  “Explain?” She said tucking her hand in her pocket.

                “What I know is I’m part of a government experiment you could say went wrong. They gave us injections to become these human weapons, but everything backfired and most of us have a hard time with control.”

                “Most?”

                “There were a handful of us taken from the banished subjects, we’re called the elites. Actually we all were the elites at one point, but that’s not important. Trust me when I say there’s many of us, and you’re government does a good job of making sure no one see’s us”

                “So what you’re like a super hero” Yuri tried to hide her chuckle.

                “You shouldn’t joke with someone who could kill you” Jessica said making a shard of ice. Yuri backed up now confused as to why Jessica was acting like this. “Of course I’m not one who likes killing, but seriously this isn’t a joke” Jessica smiled still worried about Tiffany.

                “You’re awfully calm for someone who just learned of their friends dying” Yuri reached out to touch Jessica’s shoulder.

                “Well I am the ice princess”

                “And I think I’m starting to like that” Yuri smiled grabbing Jessica’s hand. “You can stay with me, on one condition. You’re honest when people might possibly want to kill me?” Jessica nodded her head in agreement, even though Yuri had nothing special to protect them she felt safe with her.

 

Yoona walked in the door being greeted by Seohyun holding a knife, Yoona ran to Seohyun taking the knife from her.

                “What are you doing?” Yoona yelled, at the clearly distraught Seohyun.

                “I thought I heard officials earlier, sorry I didn’t mean to scare you” Seohyun said taking the knife back and placing it on the counter. Seohyun sat on the couch looking at Yoona, Yoona walked to the kitchen and began cooking.

                “I saw Jessica today” She said trying not to make a big deal of it but she secretly hoped Seohyun smiled. Seohyun jumped from the couch running to Yoona’s side, she poked Yoona’s arm. Yoona focused back on putting together the meal.

                “Thank you Yoona” Seohyun said trying to get Yoona’s attention, Yoona looked away from Seohyun trying not to show a smile. “Yoona look at me, I’ll read you mind” Seohyun threatened. Yoona looked at her, and smiled wiping sauce on her face.  Seohyun pulled her head away pouting a bit, wiping the sauce off her face. “She’s fine isn’t she?” Seohyun looked at Yoona’s smiling face and knew she was fine. Seohuyn knew Yoona couldn’t speak much of the business she did, but she was very thankful Yoona was looking out for her.

                “She’s with this girl from the coffee shop down the street from the government building, I’m not sure if you’ve ever been there.” Yoona realised she said too much. She placed a finger on telling Seohyun to stay quiet. Seohyun smiled a little looping her arm in Yoona’s watching her cook. Ever since Yoona had taken her in she was always by the girl’s side. Yoona didn’t mind this at all; in fact she had a hard time keeping in her happiness. Yoona knew that helping the girl was wrong, and allowing the emotions to grow strong was even worse. But she also felt as though this was the right thing to do, she was going to help Seohyun in any way she can.

After supper Seohyun offered the clean the dishes, Seohyun made a face as she was scrubbing the plate.

                “Why haven’t you cleaned in forever?”

                “Who cleans?” Yoona winked as she walked into the kitchen. Yoona heard a knock on the door, as Seohyun jumped away from the dishes.

                “Yoona it’s your friends from the government” Seohyun whispered as Yoona thought to herself. “Where can I hide, they’re going to come in soon” Seohyun said reading their minds, Yoona smiled in amazement to how strong Seohyun’s power was. She pushed down on Seohyun shoulder, and opened a cupboard door.

                “Sorry” Yoona smiled as she pushed Seohyun into the cramped space. Yoona answer the door with a dorky smile as she replayed the image of the girl crammed in the cupboard.

                “Im Yoona, were just about the hit the clubs we know you love them”

                “I don’t love them that much, anyway I don’t think I can the new assignment I’ve been working on is just so tiresome” Yoona complained adding a yawn for good measure. They all pestered her some more but she just laughed it off trying to keep them from entering.

                “You don’t mind if I get a drink do you?” One of the officials said walking into the kitchen. Seohyun tensed up in the cupboard holding her breath.

                “As long as you leave right afterwards, I’m serious I need to do well on this assignment” They all sighed as Yoona took a deep breath staring at the cupboard. After the one finished their drink, Seohyun let out a breath. Yoona chuckled at the lame jokes they made about her being no fun as she walked them back to the door. Yoona slammed the door shut running towards the cupboard Seohyun was in, Seohyun shot from the cupboard wrapping her arms around Yoona.

                “There’s a spider in the cupboard” She said with zero emotions. Yoona made a face as she let go of Seohyun and geared up to go to war with the spider. 

 

woot woot, how is everyone, good i hope. Finally some happier moments ^^. How about a nice song for everyone to enjoy, is so pretty. http://youtu.be/fYAhcZsPTwQ . 

-undercovermusic.