Chapter 9

Can I Be The Replacement?

Baekhyun's POV:

 

I am glad that both me and Chanyeol have advanced from those stupid shy glances to something more. Chanyeol have been coming to the cafe more often lately and I am so in love with him. Kyungsoo always said that Chanyeol is openly flirting with me while I am working but I always chose not to believe it. Its not like Kai is not openly flirting with him. But I am kind of sad though because Kyungsoo seems like he is avoiding Kai.

 

Today's workload isn't as much as the other days. I took Luhan from where he was watching and placed him on the table. Its been awhile since I last played with him because of work and maybe I am having a little too much time with Chanyeol. I really should spend time with my one and only precious boy who is also the mistake that I regret. I am glad that it was just a one night stand. If I am married to him and he actually left me, I would personally kill him. Luhan just watched me intently.

 

“Lulu?” I called out his name to which he happily looked up. “What if I say that I am in love with someone new and I want to make him your appa?” I asked my son.

 

Luhan just looked ay me questioningly. It seems like he was being betrayed by me,”No, baby. Umma didn't say umma don't love you anymore. I want you to have someone else who can give you a father's love,” I explained to my baby boy.

 

Luhan just looked at me like he was being lied to. But he smiled when he realised what I meant about. I ruffled his hair as I continued watching him play. Lately, Luhan have taken interest in the napkins that are placed on the table in the cafe. He would be pulling out the napkins and ripped them apart and give it to Sehun, Kyungsoo's son. Luhan doesn't speak much because of the people around him who talked about how he is living without a father. I really want to see my baby boy smile again. I want him to learn to open up to more people other than myself. He only talks when its just the both of us. I am glad when little Sehun always tried to get his favourite hyung to play with him. Luhan looks terrified at first but he allowed Sehun to play with him after awhile. Kyungsoo also help in getting my baby boy to get used to people. He would sometimes give them some pamphlets to be given out to the customers.

 

I was brought out of my thoughts when the bells above the door chimed, indicating that a customer just arrived. Listening to the familiar loud and deep voice booming throughout the cafe, I knew it was Chanyeol. I led him to the table to where Luhan was sitting at because I want him to get used to the older man but Luhan started wailing out loud. I carried him to where Sehun is and allowed him to draw together with Sehun.

 

“So, what I should get you?” I asked Chanyeol teasingly.

 

“The usual,” Chanyeol replied with a goofy grin on his face.

 

I was about to walk to the counter to tell Kyungsoo of Chanyeol's order but I was stopped by his hand on my wrist,”Can I change my order instead? Can I have you instead?” He asked.

 

“Wh-what are you talking about Chanyeol?” I asked as my hand started to shiver.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, can I take you out on a date today?” he asked.

 

“I-i don't know,” I replied.

 

“You can leave Luhan with Kyungsoo or Joonmyeon?” He suggested which I only nod in response.

 

I was lying when I said that I didn't know. I really wanted him to take me out on a date. Truth is, I have been waiting for him to ask me out and I am glad that he finally did. I went over to Joonmyeon and Kris hyung and begged them to bring Luhan home for the night because I will be out with Chanyeol. They wanted to refuse the offer but I threatened them that if they don't, I will tell Kyungsoo of their relationship. Its not like I was prying into their business but they were making out in the kitchen when I came back to get my wallet that night!

 

-

 

Its been a long time since I went out on date and I don't remember what it feels like to be on a date. Since the time I had Luhan, I never went out on dates because once I told them about him, they would push me away calling me a and that caused Luhan to keep to himself more often. I was brought out of my reverie when I felt someone placing something cold against my cheek. I jumped at the coldness and looked up to a grinning Chanyeol smiling down at me.

 

I took the iced coffee and mumbled a soft thank you before he flopped down next to me. It was nice to be sitting down here in the park doing nothing but just enjoying the breeze hitting our faces. The silence was broken when Chanyeol asked me a question.

 

“So, Baekhyun. Can I ask you something?” He asked as he looked into my eyes.

 

“Y-yeah. Sure. Anything.” I replied feeling nervous all of a sudden under his gaze.

 

“How did Luhan happened?” He asked warily as he placed his can of iced coffee on the space in between us.

 

I chuckled softly. All the guys I dated asked me the same question. How did Luhan happened and where is his father were one of the common questions. When I told them that he is the result of a one night stand, they would give me that disgusted look and called me a . Some even pretended that they sympathise with my situation but the next thing I know, they left with the reason that we are not compatible the actual truth is that they found me disgusting and cheap. Since then, I made a resolution for my life to revolve around Luhan and Luhan only. But Chanyeol changed everything. Is Chanyeol sincere or is he like the other guys? I did not realise that I was crying till I felt big warm hands wiping the tear that was falling down my cheek.

 

“Baek, you're crying,” Chanyeol state as he looked at my with my face in the middle of his huge hands.

 

“I'm sorry. I just thought of something,” I replied as I continued rubbing my eyes.

 

“Its okay if you don't want to talk about it. I understand.” Chanyeol said as he looked up ahead.

 

“No. I think you have the right to know how did Luhan happened.” I said softly as Chanyeol turned to me like he wants to show that he is going to give me my fullest attention.

 

“It was a one-night stand,” I started. “I was drinking in a club with my other schoolmates and there was this guy who walked up to me and we just hit it off. We started making out and he told me that he rented a room in the hotel nearby. I agreed and we had ,” I continued as I wiped the tears that was falling. “When I woke up the next morning, I saw him putting his pants on. I asked him 'hey where are you going? Are we going to have lunch together?' he did not reply and just gave me that disgusted look.”

 

Chanyeol had his hand on my hand as if he wanted to calm me down from crying,”He looked at me and threw a few thousand Won and told me to never look for him because he was never gay to begin with. I felt cheated that night because he told me that he won't leave but he did. I was too dumb and wild,” I said as I gave Chanyeol a bitter smile.

 

“A few months later,” I paused as I knew I could not get the words out of my mouth.

 

“Its okay, Baek. You don't have to tell me. I will accept you and Luhan for who you are,” Chanyeol pulled me in his embrace as he rubbed my back in an attempt to soothe my sobbing.

 

“No...” I said. “I really want you to know. I got pregnant with Luhan and I changed my ways. My parents accepted it well and I reasoned that I was but I couldn't remember the . I gave birth to my baby boy. My heart melt when I saw how beautiful he was and I swore that I won't ever hurt him. I dedicated my life into bringing him up. My parents were the ones who suggested for me to date again because Luhan needs a father. I tried but all of the men I dated left when I told them how Luhan happened. They thought that I was disgusting and a ,” I finished as I looked at Chanyeol with teary eyes as he continued rubbing circles around my back.

 

“You can leave now you know, Chanyeol. I'm disgusting aren't I?” I said even though it hurts to say it because I am desperate for him to accept me. I knew then that I am far too in love with Chanyeol.

 

“No, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said as he cupped my face. “I am not going to leave you despite all that you went through. I am going to be with you. Just trust me and give me a chance to prove it to you,” Chanyeol said as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

 

All I could do was nod and prayed that he never turn back on his words.

 

A/N: oh hey. another chapter! i have been too hyper lately, i swear. anyway, to answer some of your questions:

firstly, i am sorry to break to you guys that Chanyeol is not Luhan's father. :(

secondly, i you are wondering; baeksoo are 22, krisho are 23, chankai are 21, sehun is 2 and luhan is 3. 

hope you guys like this! xoxo.