Chapter 22

Can I Be The Replacement?

The moment both Kris and Joonmyeon arrived at their apartment, they saw Kyungsoo very much awake hugging a squirming Sehun while glaring at Kai who was seated opposite them. Joonmyeon was all smiles because he really wanted to share this happy news with his best friend. However, when he realise the mood that his best friend was in, he thought better not. Sehun jumped out of Kyungsoo's hold when he saw Kris at the door with open arms. Kyungsoo gasped when he realised that his son suddenly ran out of his hold. Because one of the last things that Kyungsoo wants to happen is to have Kai cuddling his son like as if he was Jongin, Sehun's father. Because to Kyungsoo, there is no one who is like Jongin. Kai was about to leave the apartment seeing that both Joonmyeon and Kris has arrived home.

 

“No, wait. I think the both of you need to talk things out,” Joonmyeon said as he sat next to Kai.

 

Kris took this as cue to sit beside his lover's best friend for moral support. He placed Sehun back on the ground and whispered something into the kid's ear and Sehun went running into his playroom and shut the door. Kris then took his seat next to Kyungsoo and nodded his head towards Joonmyeon.

 

“Soo, I know how angry you are after finding out that you woke up the next morning with someone you're dating. But Soo, you're not giving Kai a chance to explain himself. You just left,” Joonmyeon said.

 

Kyungsoo was about to argue but Joonmyeon gave him the look that would always shut him up,”Kyungsoo, if you're telling me that what the both of you did was wrong, I would understand that. Having when you're not married is wrong because its unpleasant to see and getting pregnant would be of a bigger burden to you right?” Joonmyeon paused and took in a deep breath.

 

This is one of the last thing that he wanted to tell his best friend because this would definitely break him apart but he can never bear watching Kyungsoo doing this to himself.”But Soo, you think that this is wrong because you're still married to Jongin. Kyungsoo, I really have to tell you this. Stop living in this world where you believed that you're still married to Jongin. You're not Kyungsoo! Jongin is dead! He is dead! He left you more than two years ago! Why can't you live with that fact? Why are you so stubborn?” Joonmyeon burst out.

 

Kyungsoo was left there with his mouth hanging open. He really did not expect that coming from Joonmyeon. He was about to leave when Kris held him down,”Soo, Joonie is right. You should stop believing that you're married to Jongin. You should stop using this ring. If you want to, you still can use it around your neck like a necklace. Soo, we are not the only ones who is worried about the fact that you're still hanging onto Jongin. Everyone is.”

 

“Stop being so hard on yourself. Didn't you promised Kai that you would try to love him and move on?”Joonmyeon asked. “And last night, it was a misunderstanding on your side,”Joonmyeon explained as he looked to Kai.

 

Kai spoke up for the first time since the time they started talking. Kyungsoo was surprised when he heard what Kai said. Kyungsoo knew he was a bad drunk. And he knows that Baekhyun knew. Kai told him that this whole drinking game was Baekhyun's idea. His whole plan was to get the both of them laid. They didn't expect this reaction. Kai told Kyungsoo how both Chanyeol and Baekhyun felt guilty of the whole situation. They intended to apologise to Kyungsoo but they wanted to wait till Kyungsoo gets better.

 

“And hyung, I didn't regret a single thing about last night. I really love you and I really want to have babies with you,” Kai said as he looked down on his intertwined fingers because he was afraid of Kyungsoo's reaction.

 

“Really?” Kyungsoo's voice came out soft.”Will you promise me that you'll stay by my side when I am really pregnant?” He asked.

 

“Yes, I will.” Kai said with a smile on his face,”This may be early but hyung, I just hope we could get married one day,” Kai said as Kyungsoo blushed a deep shade of red.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo was glad that his best friend already found the man that he wishes to spend his forever with. Both Kyungsoo and Kai already made up after the incident a week ago. Kyungsoo was glad that he is not showing signs that he is expecting Kai's baby. But for the first time since Jongin's death, Kyungsoo actually didn't mind being pregnant with someone else's child other than Jongin. Kai have been dropping by their shared apartment ensuring that his lover is fine and is definitely not expecting his child – even though he wished that Kyungsoo is pregnant. Kyungsoo too realised that its been awhile since he visited Jongin's grave and he chose today to do so. Kyungsoo actually dragged the older to visit Jongin's grave together with him because he wants Baekhyun to visit Jongin. Here they are at Jongin's grave with Baekhyun grumbling something about the weather and how a pregnant man shouldn't be here.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at Baekhyun as he placed the same bouquet of flowers on the tombstone,”Hey, baby. That's Baekhyun for you. I asked him to accompany me to visit you today. Do you remember him from high school? Yeah, he is in a relationship together with Kai's best friend, Chanyeol. They are even living together Jongin! Well, Baekhyun is expecting their first child and that kind of explains his mood this morning. Hey, I didn't get to ask you but how are you today? Are you still watching over us? I came also because I wanted to tell you something. Remember how I said I wanted to try to start dating again? Well, me and Kai are doing just that and I can see myself falling for him. He is not exactly like you but his effort in trying to woo me just made me fall in love with him. But we did something that I shouldn't be doing. We had unprotected a week ago. And we are kind of afraid that I will get pregnant but truth is Jongin, I won't mind carrying Kai's baby for nine months. Hey, I hope you would bless us both because for the first time in my life I really wanted to try to change my life.”Kyungsoo paused as his eyes lingered on the writing on the tombstone. “Continue watching over us, Jongin. I love you, now and forever,

 

-

 

The moment they arrived at the cafe, they were greeted by a man playing with Luhan on one of the tables. Joonmyeon had that troubled look on his face whenever something bad was going to happen. Kris was sitting opposite the man and glared at him. Baekhyun skipped his way to Joonmyeon and gave him a hug. Joonmyeon let Baekhyun go and pointed to the man seated on the table.

 

“What hyung?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“That man over there is here to see you,” Joonmyeon stated simply. “Do you know him?”

 

“Do I know him?” Baekhyun mumbled to himself as he placed one of his slender finger under his chin and watched the man. From what he remembers, that man is not any of the guys he dated during the days. He is definitely not one of his stupid flings.

 

“I don't know, Baek,”Joonmyeon said quietly.”But he claims to be Luhan's father,”Joonmyeon continued.

 

Baekhyun eyes widened as he heard what Joonmyeon said. There was no visible fear in his being as he marched towards the man. Baekhyun only had one thing in mind and that was to slap the sense out of his head. Never in his life Baekhyun expected this bastard to appear. Baekhyun swore that he doesn't want to have anything to do with the man who left him after that night.

 

The said man looked up as he reached out his hand for a handshake,”Oh Byun Baekhyun! Its nice to see you again, baby. How have you been?” Daehyun said with a smirk.

 

Never in Baekhyun's life that he has the urge to slap someone on his cheek. Baekhyun did just that as he had one of his hand protectively placed over his four months old belly,”DON'T ING DARE COME NEAR ME, YOU . IF YOU JUST COME HERE TO TELL ME THAT YOU'RE THE FATHER TO MY CHILD, YOU CAN JUST OFF AND NEVER COME BACK!” Baekhyun hollered.

 

“You're still as loud and feisty as the last time I saw you, baby,” Daehyun said.

 

Baekhyun was about to give Daehyun another slap across his cheek but he was stopped by Kris,”I am sorry sir. But I would not accept any fighting in my cafe especially if it affects one of my employees,” Kris said as he stood in front of Baekhyun,”Would kindly leave?” Kris requested with venom in his voice.

 

“Okay, I will follow your orders and not disrupt your business. But I will not leave this cafe till I have a word with that small man over there,” Daehyun said as he pointed a finger at Baekhyun.

 

 

A/N: Kaisoo made up! and Daehyun appeared! dun dun dun. its been so long since i wrote an author's note. hehe. hope you guys like this. xoxo