Chapter 24

Can I Be The Replacement?

Both Kai and Kyungsoo were woken up by the constant knocking on Kyungsoo's apartment. Kyungsoo groaned in his sleep and he rolled over on his stomach. Kyungsoo wasn't planning to get up from bed early that morning seeing what they did the night before. Kai laid awake as he ignored the constant knocking too because he was sure that either Kris or Joonmyeon would answer it. It took them a full minute to realise that no one is going to answer the door till Chanyeol called Kai's phone.

 

“Hey, open up, man! I need you guys to babysit Luhan for me and Baekhyun while we settle a few matters,”Chanyeol's voice sound desperate on the other end.

 

Kai groaned into the pillow as he willed himself up and walked out of the room. He kissed Kyungsoo on the lips before walking out to greet his friend who was standing at the door. Kai was going to lash out at Chanyeol for disturbing the morning on his and Kyungsoo's day off but was stopped by Chanyeol's hand. Kai looked over Chanyeol's shoulder and sees his best friend's pregnant lover looking sad and distant.

 

“ happens sometimes. We are going to settle it and while we are at it, I need you and Kyungsoo to babysit Luhan for awhile,”Chanyeol said as he tugged Luhan's hand which are clasped over his huge ones.

 

Kai kneel at Luhan's eye level and ruffled the boy's hair. Chanyeol passed Kai Luhan's bag that are filled with the necessities. Chanyeol listed down all the things that Luhan can do with and without. Kai chuckled after Chanyeol was done because Kai swore that the last time he seen Chanyeol was this serious was when they had to prepare for this upcoming competition. Chanyeol finished what he was saying and walked over to Baekhyun who was still in dazed and asked him to bid his son goodbye. Baekhyun did like he was told and kissed Luhan all over the face chanting over and over again “Umma loves you so much” and “I will never let any bad guy hurt you”. Kai just shrugged his shoulders as he watched the scene. One thing that he is sure of is that both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are facing one major problem and they are too prideful to even ask him for help.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo walked around the kitchen as he busied himself with preparing breakfast for four. Kyungsoo was laying in bed when Kai suddenly barged in the room with a sleepy Sehun in his arms and a shocked Luhan trailing behind. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows at his now lover but Kai only mouthed that he would explain to him later. It took the four them a full hour of cuddling in bed before they got up to prepare breakfast together. Well, not really together. It is more to Kyungsoo preparing the breakfast while Sehun and Luhan played in the living room with Kai watching over them. Kai do steal a few glances over at Kyungsoo's perky . Kai smirked when he realises that Kyungsoo would stop and hiss in pain as he uses one of his hands to massage at his lower back.

 

Kyungsoo had to admit that it was nice to finally making it official with Kai. It took him long enough to accept the boy's feelings for him. It took him a one night of drunk – which he doesn't remember a single thing about – and Joonmyeon putting some sense into his brain that he is legally single to finally realise that he is actually in love with Kai. Since the past month after the drunk , Kyungsoo have been asking Kai to come over to have dinner with both him and Sehun. But sometimes these innocent dinner dates with Sehun turned into one night of passionate love making. Kyungsoo also added Kai into his weekly visits to Jongin's grave and told the other about how happy he is to be with Kai and how he is proud of himself to move on.

 

Kyungsoo found it nice when his apartment feels more like a home with Kai around even though there were times he wished that it is Jongin instead. But Kyungsoo had to admit that he is blessed with the fact that Kai accept him for who he is and the fact that a part of him still misses Jongin dearly. Kyungsoo jumped when he felt long arms wrapping around his waist and hot breath touched his neck.

 

“What is taking you so long, hmm?” Kai asked with his lips against Kyungsoo's neck.

 

“I am just putting the pancakes on the plate and we are ready for breakfast,” Kyungsoo said as he tried to hide the stuttering in his voice.

 

“Oh really? But from what I see, you're actually smiling at the pancakes,” Kai said playfully as he nipped on Kyungsoo's earlobe.

 

Kyungsoo was not able to respond to it as he took the plate of pancakes and the bottle of maple syrup to the living room for them to enjoy. Kyungsoo blushed profusely as he touched the spot that Kai previously blew air on. He walked out of the kitchen with four different plates and placed it in front of them. Kyungsoo placed one pancake on Sehun's plate and did the same to Luhan. Both boys said their prayers and thanked Kyungsoo for the food before they start digging in. Both Kyungsoo and Kai were cuddled up on the couch as they enjoyed their plate of pancakes with Kyungsoo feeding Kai.

 

The kids were already laid down on the floor after they were done with breakfast and Kai and Kyungsoo were doing the same. Kai had his hands under Kyungsoo's shirt as he drew different patterns on Kyungsoo stomach. Kai would whisper sweet nothings into Kyungsoo's ears which left the elder giggling like a high school girl. However, their happiness was short lived when Kyungsoo took a dash to the bathroom to throw up all his breakfast.

 

Kai was next to Kyungsoo within seconds as he rubbed Kyungsoo's back,”Hey, are you okay, babe?” Kai asked voice laced with worry.

 

“Yeah, I just have been throwing up for the past week and this happens in the morning after breakfast especially,” Kyungsoo replied as he wiped his mouth with toilet.

 

“You have been vomiting since last week?” Kai asked to which Kyungsoo nodded.

 

“And it happens in the mornings only?” Kai continued to which Kyungsoo nodded as his eyes grew bigger.

 

“When the last time we had without protection?” Kyungsoo finally asked.

 

“The night when both of us were too drunk to even remember,” Kai said.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he realised what are possibilities that he might be pregnant. Kai did the same but he tried to remain calm. “You just give me a minute and I'll see what I can do to you,” Kai said before dashing out of the apartment.

 

-

 

To say that Kai was not nervous after finding out that Kyungsoo might be expecting his baby is definitely an understatement. Kai drummed his fingers against the steering wheel of his car as his mind drifted off to the other possibilities. But who was he kidding? The last time they had without protection was when they were drunk. Throughout the drive to the nearest convenience store, Kai was convincing himself that Kyungsoo might have contracted a stomach flu. But no, Kai was sure that it is otherwise. Kai remembered how he watched Chanyeol's face lit up whenever he talks about being with a pregnant lover. Chanyeol was happy that Baekhyun is pregnant and many a times he wished that it was him. Kai would watch how Chanyeol would smile adoringly at the sonograms that he gotten from all of their appointments. There were also picture of Baekhyun in his different stages.

 

Kai didn't realise that he was just standing idly at the aisle filled with pregnancy test kits. “You know son, if you are not sure of which one to buy, I would advice you to get once each of every brand,” a man suddenly spoke up.

 

“Excuse me?” Kai asked even though he knew the man was talking to him.

 

“You're looking for a pregnancy test kit, aren't you?” The man asked again.

 

“Err.. yeah. I guess I am,” Kai replied sheepishly as he scratched the back of his neck.

 

The said man who Kai recognised as the manager of the convenience store, gave him five different test kits and brought it to the counter. Kai followed dumbly as he took out the his wallet to produce some cash. The manager scanned the items and smiled at Kai as he fumbled with the notes. The manager took it and gave Kai the change as he smiled at him.

 

“And congratulations to you!” The manager said as Kai walked out of the store.

 

Kai could only nod in response as he walked back to his car that was parked at the side. He threw the plastic bag on the seat next to him and drove off to Kyungsoo's apartment.

 

-

 

Once Kai reached the apartment, he found Kyungsoo sitting on the edge of the couch while clasping and unclasping his fingers. Both Luhan and Sehun were too distracted with what they were playing to even bother that Kai just arrived home. Kai smiled awkwardly at his lover who stood up from the couch as they walked to Kyungsoo's bedroom. Kyungsoo entered the room before telling the two boys that they will be in the room and not to answer the door if someone they didn't know knocks.

 

Kai took out all five pregnancy test kits and shoved it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gave Kai a bewildered look when he realise that Kai bought every single test kits of different brands. Kyungsoo took all five of the test kits and went into the bathroom to pee on them. Kai wanted outside patiently as he wondered what are the possible results. One thing Kai knew was he is not ready to be a father. His relationship with Sehun is not close enough for him to qualify as a father. Kyungsoo got out of the bathroom and placed the test kits on the floor as he sat in front of Kai.

 

“We just have to wait for another 2 or 3 minutes,” Kyungsoo said quietly to which Kai nodded in response.

 

“Hey, are you nervous?” Kyungsoo asked as he placed his hand on Kai's knee.

 

“I guess so,” Kai mumbled in response.

 

“There's nothing you should be afraid of, Kai. This is normal. We have and I will eventually get pregnant right?” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

“Its not normal, Kyungsoo. What would your parents do when they found out that I got you pregnant out of wedlock? What would Joonmyeon hyung? And what would Jongin hyung do?” Kai asked as he finally looked at Kyungsoo in the eye.

 

“I don't know. But I think Joonmyeon hyung will be fine as long as you promise me that you will be with me till the end. As for Jongin, I think we should tell him when we visit him. I bet he will be happy for us because he wants me to move on,” Kyungsoo said.

 

Both Kai and Kyungsoo looked at the test kits because the time has passed. They flipped all five test kits together and looked at the results together. They gasped when they sees that all five had the same answer to their question: pregnant. Kyungsoo is pregnant with Kai's child. All that they are left to do is to visit the hospital to confirm the pregnancy.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes glistened as he hugged Kai tightly. Kai stayed still as a smile graces his lips when he realises that the love of his life is pregnant. Kai rubbed comforting circles on Kyungsoo's back as he mumbled thank yous and I love yous while kissing Kyungsoo's locks.

 

Jongin, I am pregnant again, I think.

 

 

 

A/N: and poof Kyungsoo is pregnant. that's how fast i said that Kyungsoo is going to be pregnant.

wellll, after disappearing for more than a month, i am back with an update. when i went on AFF, i was shocked with a lot of things tbh. i think this fic will be one of my most memorable one. 

 

17630 view which is more than my hunhan and i didn't expect this much when i am not even done with it.

 

491 subs! that's the most for one fic alone!

 

and 52 votes?! i didn't expect that! i swear i didn't! i never imagined to even pass 50.

 

thanks for the upvotes and subs! i really appreciate it. i am just writing for 10 months and i have this much love from you guys! thank you so much! *hugs*

 

and thank you for the well wishes for my finals. it was manageable and hopefully my results are satisfying.

 

ps: i really have more to say but i think i shall save it for the final author's note which is at the end.

 

and i love you guys so much! thank you! hope you guys like this update.

 

xoxo.