Chapter 12

Can I Be The Replacement?

The next morning, Sehun was awake before Kyungsoo and he ran all the way from his bedroom to Kyungsoo's and started jumping on the bed screaming his umma's name. Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes as he watched his son ran to the window and started drawing something. Kyungsoo assumed maybe he got so tired from waking his mother up. Kyungsoo could not make out what it was but one thing for sure it reminded him of Jongin. Once Sehun was done, he ran up to his mother and jumped into his mother's embrace.

 

“Umma!” Sehun exclaimed once again. “Awake!” He said.

 

“Yes, baby. I am awake,” Kyungsoo replied as he kissed Sehun's chubby cheeks. The boy took his pororo plushy and placed it in front of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo did not know what his son wanted but soon he figured it out because Sehun would always explain that Pororo hyungie wants a kiss too. Kyungsoo kissed Pororo on the cheeks again and he pulled his son into his embrace again.

 

“Why are you up so early, hmm?” Kyungsoo asked as Sehun wriggled around to get out of Kyungsoo's embrace.

 

“School, umma. Dance.” Sehun said simply as he stood up and danced.

 

“Ah. Its you first day of school huh?” Kyungsoo said as he tried his best to sound happy but he has to admit that he is afraid of letting his baby to go to school. “Have you greeted appa?” Kyungsoo asked which Sehun replied with a shake of his head.

 

The duo headed out of the bedroom and walked up to the corner where Kyungsoo placed everything that he reminds him of Jongin, which includes the wedding photo that they took three years ago. Sehun ran to the picture and did what he was told,”Morning Appa! Thehunnie school and dance!” Sehun said as he danced around to elaborate more on his point. “Saranghae Appa!” Sehun finished as he dashed to the toilet in the kitchen. Kyungsoo watched from a distance.

 

Good Morning, Jongin-ah. Yes, baby. You heard it. Today is Sehun's first day of school at the dance school opposite our cafe. He is excited because he is eager to show you some of the moves that he learned. The one that is teaching him is the kid that looks like you I guess. I told you that he has taken an interest in me right? But Jongin-ah, I still can't move on and I only love you. I miss you, baby. Continue watching over us, okay? I love you, now and forever,” Kyungsoo said as he kissed his ring finger.

 

-

 

Right now, Kyungsoo is standing in front of one of the dance room where Sehun is allocated in. There were not a lot of students in the class. Most probably about five including Sehun? Kyungsoo was holding onto Sehun's hand tightly as he was afraid of letting go of the hand. It is the first time for Kyungsoo since Sehun's birth for his son to be away from him for more than two hours. Kris and Joonmyeon only watched from the corner as Kyungsoo is having an internal fight with himself to let Sehun go. Just then, Baekhyun came with Chanyeol and Luhan in between them gripping both of the male fingers with his hand. Sehun face lit up as he saw his favourite hyung walking up to them.

“Luhannie hyung!” Sehun exclaimed as he freed himself from his mother's tight grasp.

 

Kyungsoo gasped when he realised that Sehun is not there next to him anymore. He gathered all the courage not to crumble and cry because it feels like Sehun doesn't need him anymore. Joonmyeon came and rubbed Kyungsoo's back because he knows that his dongsaeng will break down any time soon. Kyungsoo gave Joonmyeon a nod indicating that he is fine. Just then, Kai walked into the dance room in his sweat pants and a tank top revealing his muscles. Kai smiled at Kyungsoo as he closed the door to the room.

 

“W-wait!” Kyungsoo managed to squeak out.

 

“Yes?” Kai questioned and that made Kyungsoo thinks that he really sound like a professional dance teacher.

 

“I need to talk to Sehun,” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

Sure,” Kai replied as he let Kyungsoo into the room.

 

“Sehunnie. Listen here, baby. Do well in class okay? Listen to Kai sonsaengnim. Don't bother you classmates. And when your classes are over, wait for umma to come. Don't cross the road on your own because I can't lose you,” Kyungsoo said as he smothered his son with kisses.

 

After doing so, Kai promptly closed the door to the room. It took Baekhyun a total of half an hour of begging and dragging Kyungsoo out of the building before they can head back to the cafe. Once they reached the cafe, Kyungsoo broke down because he misses Sehun so much.

 

-

 

For the first lesson, Kai thinks that he shouldn't go straight to learning a dance routine. He thought that its better for him to start with ice breakers and also getting to know the kids potential. After the ice breakers, Kai was glad to know that Sehun is busy making friends with some of the hyungs in class. Despite being the maknae among all the other kids, Sehun was quick into trying to get their attention and also asking them to play together with him. Sehun would drag Luhan everywhere he goes introducing Luhan as his best friend that he met a few days ago. Kai's heart swelled as he watched the kid talked about everything that came to mind.

 

Once they were done with the games and simple introduction, Kai asked them to show him what they learned on their own. Most of them did dance routines from popular Kpop dance groups like Super Junior, SHINee, EXO, Infinite and a lot more. However, when it came to Sehun's turn, he was reluctant to show Kai his dance routine. Kai did not expect to face with these problems on the first day of his lessons. After persuading him for the past fifteen minutes, Sehun got up on his two little feet and walked up to the front and stood there with a scowl on his face.

 

“No laugh,” Sehun said softly but full of anger and embarrassment.

 

The other kids and along with Kai just nodded in response as Kai gestured for Sehun to start his dance routine. Sehun got both of his hands in the air which formed a shape of an oval. Sehun got on his tippy toes with one of legs rested nicely on his left calf and he turned around making perfect spins as the amount of turns he made increased. Once he was done, he stretched his arms and legs and jumped to the other part of the room which Kai noted that it was one of the ballet moves that shows the gracefulness of the dancer. Sehun was getting a hang of the dance but he tripped on one of his toes and fell on the floor; face first. Kai came and picked the boy up as Sehun started crying because of embarrassment. But he quietened down because he remembers every single word his mother told him.

 

Once classes are over, both Sehun and Luhan waited for Kai and Chanyeol so that they could walk them to the cafe. Sehun watched quietly as his teacher packed his bag. “Appa?” Sehun voiced out.

 

Kai turned around and picked Sehun up as he was done with packing while Chanyeol did the same with Luhan. “I am not your appa, Sehun-ah.” Kai said.

 

“Kai appa?” Sehun tried again.

 

“You want to call me that?” Kai asked to which Sehun nodded happily.

 

Kai sighed as he never understood why Sehun likes to call him that. They reached the cafe and Sehun ran to the one of the offices maybe to take his nap because Kai remembers that Sehun always would take his nap around noon. Kyungsoo walked out of the office with a bouquet of white roses and baby breaths. Kai quirked his eyebrow because he knew that the way Kyungsoo dressed would mean one thing; he is going to the cemetery.

 

Kai walked up to Kyungsoo and cleared his throat,”Can I come with you?” he asked.

 

“Wh-what?” Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

“I mean can I accompany you. You're visiting someone right?” Kai asked.

 

“No. its okay. I can manage. Anyway, Kris hyung is driving me there,” Kyungsoo replied as he tried to avoid the younger.

 

Kris and Joonmyeon who saw what is happening, gave Kai a nod indicating that he could follow Kyungsoo to where he was heading to. Kyungsoo had no choice but to just accept the offer because he could not drive.

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for the ty explanation for the ballet moves because i can't explain these kind of things well. i swear. right, let me give you a hint of the chapters to come. 

1: kai is going to start working hard.

2: baekhyun and chanyeol will be expecting someone new soon. ;) if you get what i mean. 

hope you guys like this. 

xoxo